Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,207 members, 7,822,071 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? (12890 Views)

Bayelsa Bombing & Water Pollution: When Did Nigerians Become This silly? / Who Made Osinbajo A Professor At Unilag? / Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by RichyBlacK(m): 5:40pm On Apr 07, 2009
Can someone tell me when Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala become a professor and of what academic institution? Or is this another manifestation of sycophants embellishing the achievements of their "oga madams", a common phenomenon in Nigeria?

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delta_Ibo#Some_Anioma_Natives

Excerpt:

The Anioma region is blessed in abundant human and material resources many of who have contributed to the social, economic and political development of the country and includes the following:

* Professor Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, the current Managing Director of World Bank
    * Air-Marshal Paul Dike, Chief of Defence Staff of Nigeria
    * Professor Augustine Onwuyali Esogbue, The only African included in NASA and Scientist
    * Professor Buchi Emecheta, London Based Author
    * Prof Eric Opia, Former Governorship candidate of Delta State
    * Mr Jim Ovia, M/D Zenith Bank
    * Prof. Joy Ogwu, Former Mangaging Director of Nigeria Institute of International Affairs
    * Professor Pat Utomi, Presidential Candidate and Founder of Lagos Business School
    * Tony Elumelu, MD of United Bank for Africa
    * Chief Philip Asiodu, Former Federal Minister
    * Obi senator Nosike Ikpo, Former Senator of the Federal Republic
    * Chief Sabastine Adigwe, MD, Afribank NIgeria PLC
    * Godswill Obielum, Former Governorship Aspirant, Delta State
    * Peter Okocha, Governorship Aspirant, Delta State and Business Mongul
    * Eddy Egwuenu, Distinguished and accomplished banker,Co-founder Zenith Bank
    * Austine "Jay Jay Okocha, Former Captain of Super Eagles of Nigeria
    * Sunday Olise, Former Captain of super Eagles of Nigeria,
    * stephen Okechukwu Keshi, Former Super Eagles captain and Malian National Football Team Coach
    * Nduka Ugbade, Nigeria's former football player and the first African to lift the world cup
    * Demas Nwoko, Prominent Sculptor of Nigeria
    * Dr. Newton Jibunor, The famous Sahara traveller
    * Nduka Odizor, Former Lawn tennis Player
    * Bonny B. N. Umeadi PhD, Technologist and Inventor of Micro/Nanosensor Devices to monitor oil and gas pipeline system
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by tpia: 5:49pm On Apr 07, 2009
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by RichyBlacK(m): 6:30pm On Apr 07, 2009
tpia:

una don bring una bad belle.

contact the institution and find out.

any other questions about anyone else on the list of Anioma people?

and may I ask if you're trying to modify the wiki entry to suit your nefarious agenda?

O chim! Getting a PhD is not equivalent to being a professor! Is this news to you?

When did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala become a professor? My question still stands.

I have no "nefarious agenda", I only want to verify the claim.
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by RichyBlacK(m): 6:33pm On Apr 07, 2009
Wiki entry corrected!
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by tpia: 6:43pm On Apr 07, 2009
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by RichyBlacK(m): 7:11pm On Apr 07, 2009
tpia:

on what basis did you make the correction?

Did you investigate like you were supposed to do, or you simply changed the entry based on your typical Nigerian bad belle?

Better slow your roll with your itching fingers.

as if you're the only one who knows how to make wiki entries.

Yes, I investigated. I don't have "bad belle", why should I? After all she is a fellow African.

There is no evidence that she is a professor. If you have any evidence please tender it.
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by tpia: 7:24pm On Apr 07, 2009
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by RichyBlacK(m): 7:41pm On Apr 07, 2009
tpia:

post the results of your 30 second investigation here.

I'm not one with bad belle over someone's qualifications.

So follow due process and let us know how you arrived at the conclusion she's not a Professor.

Even your post from Wikipedia showed she has a PhD, from MIT no less. There is no record of her being appointed a faculty member of any known academic institution.

Do you have any evidence that Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala was at any time appointed to the faculty of any academic institution?
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by Pataki: 7:49pm On Apr 07, 2009
RichyBlacK:

Do you have any evidence that Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala was at any time appointed to the faculty of any academic institution?

This is the simplest form of question to be asked.

Yet, I would expect those to whom the question was addressed to come back and state: ''Na bad belle''. Some Nigerians and their dumb responses at times. undecided
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by bawomolo(m): 7:52pm On Apr 07, 2009
Pataki:

This is the simplest form of question to be asked.

Yet, I would expect those to whom the question was addressed to come back and state: ''Na bad belle''. Some Nigerians and their dumb responses at times. undecided

enemy of progress cool
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by mustafar1: 7:53pm On Apr 07, 2009
correcting misinformation has turned to bad belle shocked  INTERESTING
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by RichyBlacK(m): 7:56pm On Apr 07, 2009
must_a_far:

correcting misinformation has turned to bad belle shocked  INTERESTING

Men, the thing taya me o! Thou shall not correct?

1 Like

Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by tpia: 8:44pm On Apr 07, 2009
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by bawomolo(m): 8:48pm On Apr 07, 2009
a PHD is a doctorate degree but that doesn't make you a professor or instructor. You need to part of a faculty or a visiting lecturer to be considered a professor.
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by Pataki: 8:50pm On Apr 07, 2009
Na wa o! Some people sha must type, just to satisfy themselves that they are nairaland members.

So obtaining a PhD in a particular university implies that automatically you become a Professor from that same University? Did you go to school at all?

Some people are born daft, others achieve daftness. For tpia, being daft is just a natural occurrence. undecided
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by RichyBlacK(m): 8:50pm On Apr 07, 2009
bawomolo:

a PHD is a doctorate degree but that doesn't make you a professor or instructor.  You need to part of a faculty or a visiting lecturer to be considered a professor.  

@bawomolo,

Please accept my thanks in trying to educate that illiterate market woman called tpia.
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by tpia: 8:51pm On Apr 07, 2009
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by tpia: 8:51pm On Apr 07, 2009
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by bawomolo(m): 8:53pm On Apr 07, 2009
I can also scan google for prof of Chinua Achebe's professorship. So if I find nothing, that means he's not one, right?

Achebe taught at American universities after leaving Nigeria.  Iweala didn't.

The correct title would be Dr.Iweala
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by mustafar1: 8:53pm On Apr 07, 2009
LMAO! i knew it was going to come to this. because u received a doctorate from a university doesnt make you are a professor from that university. Tpia, if i understand you correctly. you asked Ricky contact MIT for confirmation of Iweala's professorship. going by the info you provided its of no use because you clearly stated she received a PhD from there and not being a professor from there. if you consider US illiterate, then what would you be?
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by RichyBlacK(m): 8:53pm On Apr 07, 2009
Pataki:

Na wa o! Some people sha must type, just to satisfy themselves that they are nairaland members.

So obtaining a PhD in a particular university implies that automatically you become a Professor from that same University? [/b]Did you go to school at all?

Some people are born daft, others achieve daftness. For tpia, being daft is just a natural occurrence. undecided

This is the problem with Nigerians like [b]tpia
. They know nothing about what they are typing about.

That you have a PhD does not mean you're professor. I've heard people claim that some cab drivers in London have PhDs, are they professors? tpia thinks so!
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by Pataki: 8:55pm On Apr 07, 2009
bawomolo:

enemy of progress  cool
When I have my own aspirations?  grin

Of course, I would expect anyone reading my profile in later years, to question how I became Professor Pataki, but when goons begin to tag such people as ''bad belle'', it then becomes a source of worry, whether questions can no longer be asked again.
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by LadyT(f): 8:55pm On Apr 07, 2009
tpia:

I'm waiting for the results of your investigation.

Do you even know the meaning of investigation, or am I crediting you with too much intelligence?

Why bother?  They are too stupid for all that.  And where all these bitch arse cheer leaders (Pataki etc) came from in beyond me.  Simple question yet no answer.
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by RichyBlacK(m): 8:57pm On Apr 07, 2009
must_a_far:

LMAO! i knew it was going to come to this. because u received a doctorate from a university doesnt make you are a professor from that university. Tpia, if i understand you correctly. you asked Ricky contact MIT for confirmation of Iweala's professorship. going by the information you provided its of no use because you clearly stated she received a PhD from there and not being a professor from there. if you consider US illiterate, then what would you be?

She wants me to go inquire from MIT the institution that appointed her as professor. This typical "market women" reasoning. grin
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by tpia: 8:59pm On Apr 07, 2009
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by Pataki: 8:59pm On Apr 07, 2009
LadyT:

Why bother?  They are too stupid for all that.  And where all these bitch arse cheer leaders (Pataki etc) came from in beyond me.  Simple question yet no answer.  
Another slowpoke on the loose tonight. Guess your period of heat is on. Keep on bleating. What an idiotic goat.

Can you even comprehend at all? Stupid girl.

tpia:

Richyblack- you're the one who suddenly came up questioning Ngozi Okonjo Iweala's professorship. Why are you asking me to provide evidence unless you're totally daft. Once again, where are the results of your investigation? I provided the name of the institution where she received her Phd Any thinking person would contact that institution in the course of finding out who awarded her a PhD.
When a supposed educated troll makes the above comment, it becomes a point of worry. Whether, it is not stark illiterates, one is dealing with on this forum.
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by bawomolo(m): 9:00pm On Apr 07, 2009
LadyT:

Umm she wasn't an instructor, adjunct or tenured professor at MIT so what would be point of e-mailing MIT.  I don't think anyone is contesting her degree.
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by LadyT(f): 9:02pm On Apr 07, 2009
Pataki:

Another slowpoke on the loose tonight. Guess your period of heat is on. Keep on bleating. What an idiotic goat.

Can you even comprehend at all? Stupid girl.
When a supposed educated troll makes the above comment, it becomes a point of worry. Whether, it is not stark illiterates, one is dealing with on this forum.

Im not even worried about you.  You have issues that alone is clear and will soon be clearer to everyone else enjoy your lame cyber cred for now alakori.  Wack job.  LMAO

tpia:

having an intelligent conversation with Pataki is an oxymoron.  Thats why i dont bother. Its simply impossible because a lizard can never turn to a crocodile no matter its weight.

Do you see Richyblack grasping at the futile straw Bawomolo provided? Because he knows he misyarned but he's too arrogant to admit it, or reveal his true motives.

Let all of them continue displaying their natures like the monkeys they are. When one monkey chatters, the rest of the pack join in.

ROTFLMAO
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by Pataki: 9:02pm On Apr 07, 2009
bawomolo:

Umm she wasn't an instructor, adjunct or tenured professor at MIT so what would be point of e-mailing MIT.  I don't think anyone is contesting her degree.
Oh are you telling that ninny of a girl? She never knew what was the subject of discourse, never read what was being said, the goat just knows she must type since tilapia is typing.
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by RichyBlacK(m): 9:03pm On Apr 07, 2009
tpia:

I'm waiting for the results of your investigation.

Do you even know the meaning of investigation, or am I crediting you with too much intelligence?

[size=18pt]Result of investigation: There is no evidence that Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala was appointed to the faculty of any academic institution. [/size]

Result of investigation submitted as requested by Madam tpia.
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by Pataki: 9:06pm On Apr 07, 2009
LadyT:

Im not even worried about you.  You have issues that alone is clear and will soon be clearer to everyone else enjoy your lame cyber cred for now alakori.  Wack job.  LMAO
Arindin, oku igbe of a woman. grin Apoda aiyeraye oshi yi. lipsrsealed

At least the credibility and educational stand of a woman like you is being questioned, who can refer to yours? Useless entity. Keep on typing where you meet your moronic types typing. Shediot. grin
Re: When Did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Become A Professor? by iReport: 9:07pm On Apr 07, 2009
Roflmao cheesy cheesy

A professor is an advanced university teacher that has put in may years in research and teaching. There are no known schools where she taught for a minute and was not pronounced a professor by any university senate et al. No, Ngozi Iweala is not a professor.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Where Is Gej's Enugu "International Airport"? / Buhari Halts $418 Million Payment To Consultants On Paris Club Refund / President Tinubu Has Approved The Establishment Of Infrastructure Support Fund

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.