Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,834 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:55 PM

Biafra Propaganda (Pictures) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra Propaganda (Pictures) (10879 Views)

Radio Biafra Propaganda so far / My Visit To Owerri Devoid Of Propaganda- Pictures / Disuniting The South-south Region:igbos Biafra Propaganda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafra Propaganda (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:08pm On Sep 13, 2015
laudate:

laudate, the hypocrite and the first-class delusional degree holder, stop spreading your wicked propaganda against Igbos.

laudate you have been running amok on almost every Igbo thread.

Is there something you are really afraid of?

Since you lack any formidable idea on how to progress in life, you have been banking on stealing Igbo wealth and properties. Let me warn you and your cohorts: Your 'oju-kokoro' will only lead you to your Waterloo faster than you ever imagined.

For the umpteenth time, Igbos won't give up their freedom for gold or silver. But for our assets and wealth outside Igbo land that you and your cohorts so much crave for, you can never possess them. Sorry to disappoint you!
Re: Biafra Propaganda (Pictures) by laudate: 9:28am On Sep 14, 2015
xtrorse:

[s]
laudate, the hypocrite and the first-class delusional degree holder, stop spreading your wicked propaganda against Igbos.

Since you lack any formidable idea, you have been banking on stealing Igbo wealth and properties. Let me warn you and your cohorts: Your 'oju-kokoro' will only lead you to your Waterloo faster than you ever imagined.

For the umpteenth time, Igbos won't give up their freedom for gold or silver. But for our assets and wealth outside Igbo land that you and your cohorts so much crave for, you can never possess them. Sorry to disappoint you!
[/s]

laudate:

Ǹgwụlō ̣kà ị bù! Xtrorse, Did I not say you will still come back here to bleat like a goat?? Continue bleating. Then quote my comment again, as you cut and paste your usual trash!! That is the limit of your intelligence and the only thing you know how to do! Ị nà-àkakwū akakwù. You are trying to make all your Igbo brothers lose their investments and assets in other parts of Nigeria, through your evil actions. Anuofia! Agwù ̣nà-àkpa Xtrorse;̣ ònyê mà mà ò mego ife anarō ̣ème ēme?
Re: Biafra Propaganda (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:25am On Sep 14, 2015
laudate:

Nkóghérí onye ápárì bu onye àghùghò, nzuzu kpóró iyi! 

Since you lack any formidable idea on how to progress in life, you have been banking on stealing Igbo wealth and properties. Let me warn you and your cohorts: Your 'oju-kokoro' will only lead you to your Waterloo faster than you ever imagined.

Re: Biafra Propaganda (Pictures) by Olabestonic001(m): 11:48am On Sep 14, 2015
xtrorse:

Your response - a typical outburst of unrepentant history distortionist cum propagandist who have contributed in no small way in plunging this country into cesspit.

Seeking a separate existence is no way related to calling for war. Moreover, it is a fundamental right to freely associate. And strange bedfellows are not meant to be together.

Or is there anything you're afraid of?

Xtorse, have you ever witnessed a full blown riot before sir? If you ever had seen one in which you are trapped, you will know that Kanu Nmamdi hates his people just so much.
2005; I was in the thick of the Ago-Iwoye student crisis (June 16, 2005). It started at the back of where I was having a still-life drawing and like play I saw it metamorphosed into a full-blown crisis where over 200 students were missing (report will tell you just 5 were killed). It was the death of a student that caused the crisis. I remembered the boy's brother coming to campaign for a reprisal using "hate-speeches" and the hotheadedness of riot-loving students who "perished" in the "war". I remembered becoming a Medical Doctor that night and how 5 people had Asthma attacks. Violence is not a child's play as those who have taste the 'bitter pill' will confess. If ever you've seen violence before and you crave for "more", I can only conclude that such a one is bloodthirsty and worst than Boko Haram.
Wake up from the bitterness in you against GEJ; GEJ himself have woken up already! Hatred and anger causes a person to destroy all he/she has labored for in years. Please, learn more history to avoid the cesspit and ditch the actors fell into not to reinforce their folly that caused death of people. The planners of 1966 coup would have been glad they didn't "start" what befell this country.
GOD bless you sir.
Re: Biafra Propaganda (Pictures) by laudate: 11:57am On Sep 14, 2015
iamrealdeji:
What Op is saying is true,I guess that's why they call us "yooba omo ete" meaning "yoruba the son of deceit" I can never trust a single yoruba. The trusted friends I had in secondary school and University are Igbos. Yorubas will talk shit behind your back and smile at you when you show up. Yorubas are serial liars and hypocrites. I've not had hausas as friends but I heard they are good people they just get too angry,but all the Igbos that have been my friend,i've had more than 10 of them as best friends and most of them have been so kind. Igbos are generally very good people,except some online gangstas who jump around on nairaland like kangaroos,but i'm sure they'd be nice people if I meet them in person too. 
Also,Igbo girls are not lousy like yoruba girls,even Igbo girls that I've met that can speak yoruba more than me,you won't see that trait of lousiness in them,but not withstanding,i still love my tribe, culture and love my people

Hmmn... don't know about this. undecided But your post shows quite clearly that you are not likely to be Yoruba, even though you have a Yoruba moniker. sad

And do you know why?? That single statement you made: "Yorubas will talk shit behind your back and smile at you when you show up. Yorubas are serial liars and hypocrites." I have heard this remark from countless Igbo people, but never from the lips of a Yoruba man. undecided

In fact, I remember once in my class in high school during break time, one of my close friends Olumide was beaten silly by his older cousin for saying derogatory things about their ethnic group. His father is Yoruba, but his mum was Igbo so he had gone to the East for holidays. On his return back to school, he started repeating all the negative stuff he had picked up from his maternal relatives. sad

His older cousin first beat him up on hearing those words, and then warned him seriously: "Don't ever use your left hand to describe your father's house. Only a bastard does that."

We didn't understand the statement. It took many years later, before another friend could explain what he meant.
Re: Biafra Propaganda (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:04pm On Sep 14, 2015
Olabestonic001:

Xtorse, have you ever witnessed a full blown riot before sir? If you ever had seen one in which you are trapped, you will know that Kanu Nmamdi hates his people just so much.
2005; I was in the thick of the Ago-Iwoye student crisis (June 16, 2005). It started at the back of where I was having a still-life drawing and like play I saw it metamorphosed into a full-blown crisis where over 200 students were missing (report will tell you just 5 were killed). It was the death of a student that caused the crisis. I remembered the boy's brother coming to campaign for a reprisal using "hate-speeches" and the hotheadedness of riot-loving students who "perished" in the "war". I remembered becoming a Medical Doctor that night and how 5 people had Asthma attacks. Violence is not a child's play as those who have taste the 'bitter pill' will confess. If ever you've seen violence before and you crave for "more", I can only conclude that such a one is bloodthirsty and worst than Boko Haram.
Wake up from the bitterness in you against GEJ; GEJ himself have woken up already! Hatred and anger causes a person to destroy all he/she has labored for in years. Please, learn more history to avoid the cesspit and ditch the actors fell into not to reinforce their folly that caused death of people. The planners of 1966 coup would have been glad they didn't "start" what befell this country.
GOD bless you sir.

Olabestonic001, you're still being clannish and mischievous. Seeking self-determination is no way related to calling for war or conflict. You should be conversant with that fact by now.
Your assertions cannot over up the atrocities of your forbears who were proponents of hatred, bitterness, tribalism, nepotism, propaganda and wickedness in this country. And these vices are still being flaunted by a vast number of Yorubas and have made them to not appreciate the good in other people.

pazienza:

Well, Nzeogwu the coup leader was a Niger deltan from Delta state. And guess what? He wasn't alone, he had Northerners( Kpera) Westerners( Ademoyega) and Easterners( Anuforo) with him.

Guess what? Ironsi didn't live to enforce his unitary decree, he( Ironsi) didn't abrogate the 50-50 sharing formula between the regions and the centre, he wasn't the one that introduced the land use decree that took away the lands of Niger deltans and handed it to the FG for rape, exploitation and abuse, He wasn't the one that gave away people's ancestral land( Bakassi) away like it's 5 Naira Akara.

It was Arewa-odua people that did all that, they( Arewa-Odua) people created the Ogoni problem.

Thank you.

“The right to development is a fundamental right by virtue of which every human person and all peoples are entitled to participate in, contribute to and enjoy economic, social and cultural development.

“It is a right which includes the exercise of full sovereignty over national resources, self determination, popular participation in development and equality of opportunity."

The real enemies of progress are the proponents of the status quo in the Nigerian system, and are accustomed to spreading lies and wicked propaganda.

Anyone who supports in the smallest ways the sustenance of a criminal system that has only brought shame, waste, killings and backwardness, should be charged with crimes against humanity.

Igbos have been far from political power and yet have achieved unrivaled success for themselves, but disgruntled and bile-filled fellows still have the guts to castigate Igbos for the unavoidable, impending doom at their doorsteps. 

dejavski:
Am ilaje and I support BIAFRA... though in a peaceful manner.
I have come to realise that most yorubas are really scared of secession but they won't admit it

Quote me anywhere

mankand:
Guts comes with glory. One thing I like about Nnamdi Kanu is that he is very articulate and organised.

He knows how to organise his people around his dream, he can be the next Che in Africa because he is fighting a just cause but due to the mainstream media propaganda, a lot of people won't see and agree to this.

He have been able to gather the support of the igbo people worldwide both indigenous, in diaspora and those whose ancestors were taken to slave in Europe, America and Latin America which have now become a force to recon with.

Unfortunately my people yorubas are still under the chain of mental slavery donating their hard earned money to fake men called pastors instead of donating their money to organise themselves to build another oduduwa nation. We also have the same capacity to do the same as IPOB but we won't.

We also have yorubas all over Latin America, Europe, and other parts of the world.

I wish IPOB success in their quest because with their success, it becomes a motivation for other regions in Africa to do the same
tunjion:
The truth is we yorubas should stop opening thread to speak for south south minority.

Biafra from wat i read is not by force. Igbos in Edo such as the igbanke and Ika are Biafrans without doubt.

Other Edo ethnic group might even be rejected by Biafra. Some will end up applying to join.

Sentiment aside, they might feel Hausa and Yoruba will dominate them if they remain in Nigeria
wisdomguy4u:
Africa and their poor mentality... Nigeria is not one and can never be one. It's a forced contraption made possible by the fire arm of a white man called lord lugard. The indigenous tribes in Nigeria never on their own accept to be one. Does who dream for unity in Nigeria , are only deceiving themselves. You can't use threats of war to force pple to be with you, it is slavery.

Nigeria is not one, and can't never be one. Below are words from our so called founding father:

“We do not want our Southern neighbours to interfere in our development. We have never associated ourselves with the activities of these
people. We do not know them, we do not
recognize them, and we share no responsibility in their actions. We shall demand our rights when the time is ripe. If the British quit Nigeria now at this
stage, the Northern people would continue their uninterrupted conquest to the sea”. - Sir Tafawa Balewa (1947)

“We the people of the North will continue our stated intention to conquer the South and to dip the Koran in the Atlantic ocean after the British leave our shores.” - Sir Ahmadu Bello (1957)

Nigeria is just a mere geographical contraption - Awolowo

“The new nation called Nigeria should be an estate of our great grandfather Uthman Dan Fodio. We must ruthlessly prevent a change of power. We must use the minorities in the North as willing tools and the South as a conquered territory and never allow them to rule over us and never allow them to have control over their future”. - Sir Ahmadu Bello (1960)

God bless you Sir.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Propaganda (Pictures) by iamrealdeji(m): 12:04pm On Sep 14, 2015
laudate:

Hmmn... don't know about this. undecided But your post shows quite clearly that you are not likely to be Yoruba, even though you have a Yoruba moniker. sad Well, the Yoruba people should correct me if I'm wrong.

And do you know why?? That single statement you made: "Yorubas will talk shit behind your back and smile at you when you show up. Yorubas are serial liars and hypocrites." I have heard this remark from countless Igbo people, but never from the lips of a Yoruba man. undecided

In fact, I remember once in my class in high school during break time, one of my close friends Olumide was beaten silly by his older cousin for saying derogatory things about their ethnic group. His father is Yoruba, but his mum was Igbo so he had gone to the East for holidays. On his return back to school, he started repeating all the negat
I'm 100% yoruba
Re: Biafra Propaganda (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:04pm On Sep 14, 2015
CreamyBanana:
That is nothing but the truth. I am a Yoruba man from Ondo state but I must say that Yoruba are the most wicked and hypocritical tribe in the world. Don't take their smile as love. They are the devil himself.

A Yoruba man will be laughing with you and be killing you at the same time. All the lecturers I ever had problems with were not only Yoruba but from the same state with me. They will be showing you around as their own brother but behind your back, they will be planning on how to destroy you and make sure you never reach their standards.

Yorubas prefer to destroy their own rather than help them. They don't want those below them to succeed. They always promise and fail. If a Yoruba man promise you a job, just forget it. You will just be wasting your time reminding him.

I have got more helps from Igbos and Hausas than even those that claim to be uncles. The only thing they are good at is making promises that they will never fulfil.

When I was looking for admission, it was an Igbo man that I did not even know from Adams that helped simply because he thought I was Igbo. A Yoruba man will never do that for his brother. Instead, they will be looking for every possible ways to bring him down.

My sister had problems with her supervisor who was a Yoruba man. But I never had a problem with my own supervisor who was a Hausa man.

I don't hate my people. I just hate their hypocrisy. People from other tribes are busy building their people and taking over our lands while we scheme on how to destroy ourselves.

I am in Ife. Please, anyone in Ife should go to Lagere now. All Igbos and Hausas have opened shop while my brothers are still sleeping and scheming evil against one another.

In Ilorin, Igbos, Hausas and Chinese have taken over everything because they keep on grooming and helping their brothers. Yorubas do not know how to build. They only know how to destroy one another.

Yoruba e ronu.
https://www.nairaland.com/2598007/yoruba-worst-tribe-world
CreamyBanana:

You know I am telling the truth.

Do you know Igbos secrets of how they are taking over Lagos? Because, they will own a shop, train their clansman for a while and help him set up his own business. They are spreading while we are shouting instead of helping ourselves.

dominique:
I'm Yoruba and I painfully agree to some of the things said by the Op. When it comes to being your brother's keeper, most Yorubas are lacking in that regards. My mum told me of an experience she had when her car got stuck in mud. It was the Yoruba guys that told her to pass that area that the road is not that bad. When she did and got stuck, they demanded to push out the car for a fee. She got angry and told them that rather than pay them, she would look for other people to push out the car and pay them. While she was still tongue-lashing them, two Igbo (not sure of their tribe sha) guys came out from their shop and helped her push out the car. She offered them money and they declined. She felt so ashamed for her people, I also felt ashamed. I won't say my people are evil tho. Evil knows no tribe or religion.

Yoruba e ronu tunwada (think and change your acts)
bakynes:
Am Yoruba and you can confirm from my previous comments. I agree with the OP on the point that we don't help ourselves. Even while I was in the UK, I could notice the trend among Yorubas. Indians, Jamaicans, Ghanaians help their brothers and sisters to come to the UK and help them get papers but We Yorubas even report our fellow brothers to the Home office, we don't accommodate our family members new in a foreign country for more than 6 months. WhIle in Nigeria I met with a lot of family friends who had companies but they kept on promising on helping me secure a job. Majority not all like to see you down and want you to keep begging them for money than helping you stand on your own. Igbos on the otherhand setup their brothers to stand on their own.
Re: Biafra Propaganda (Pictures) by laudate: 12:07pm On Sep 14, 2015
iamrealdeji:
I'm 100% yoruba

I don't believe it!! sad Sorry! I really don't care about your ethnic group. But you would have to do better than this, for people to take you seriously. It is just so obvious that you are not yoruba. Not one bit!! undecided
Re: Biafra Propaganda (Pictures) by zendy: 6:18am On Sep 15, 2015
laudate:

The brainwashed toddler whose mind has been locked in the mental slavery of Biafra is throwing a tantrum, simply because others want to exercise their right to remain as Nigerians! See how illogical some people can be! cheesy And keep using the word 'slave'. You are only reminding us of your middle name.

Now roll on the floor and dish out some more insults, because we know the fact that the rest of us would like to remain Nigerians, makes you mad. Or hug the next available transformer! It is a free world. sad

Brainwashed? I don't need to be brainwashed. My father was a Biafran soldier and he told me the story of the war himself. Everyone in our family were Biafran supporters long before I ever heard of Kanu or Radio Biafra. I know that the concept of freedom will be lost on someone like you who cannot see past 'one Nigeria' so I will leave one of my quotes below for you to digest

What is Nigeria?
An illegal amalgamation of unconsenting ethnic groups?

An artificial creation of the white man?

A forced marriage?

A business organisation set up by Lugard to make money?

A highly derogative term invented by Lords Lugards girlfriend after she heard about the river Niger?

Take your pick in the above. Nigeria is an illegal entity that has no shred of legitimacy. A country is only gotten by the direct permission of the indigenous native people, not by force. It is the God given right of Igbos to decide what they are, Biafrans or Nigerians. It is not for Lugard or Yorubas or Hausas to tell us who we are. 200 years ago, all these people didn't even know each other, now they shout 'one Nigeria' because Lord Lugard came from Britain to tell them it should be that way. Nigeria is a fraud, Nigeria is a forced marriage, Nigeria in its self is an act of illegality.

[/color][/b]

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Propaganda (Pictures) by laudate: 8:28am On Sep 15, 2015
zendy:
Brainwashed? I don't need to be brainwashed. My father was a Biafran soldier and he told me the story of the war himself. Everyone in our family were Biafran supporters long before I ever heard of Kanu or Radio Biafra. I know that the concept of freedom will be lost on someone like you who cannot see past 'one Nigeria' so I will leave one of my quotes below for you to digest

What is Nigeria?

A forced marriage?

A highly derogative term invented by Lords Lugards girlfriend after she heard about the river Niger?

Take your pick in the above. Nigeria is an illegal entity that has no shred of legitimacy. A country is only gotten by the direct permission of the indigenous native people, not by force. It is the God given right of Igbos to decide what they are, Biafrans or Nigerians. It is not for Lugard or Yorubas or Hausas to tell us who we are. 200 years ago, all these people didn't even know each other, now they shout 'one Nigeria' because Lord Lugard came from Britain to tell them it should be that way. Nigeria is a fraud, Nigeria is a forced marriage, Nigeria in its self is an act of illegality.
[/color][/b]

Na wa, o! shocked shocked This long tirade and epistle simply because you just cannot bear the idea that some people are content to be called Nigerians, because they are comfortable with it. Must everybody jump on the same bandwagon with you? Chai! shocked

The day you accept that other people have the right to live their lives within a country the way they deem fit, as long as they are not hurting anyone else in the process... that is the day you grow up. You can keep your Biafra, while I retain my own Nigeria. Why is that such a problem for you? Or you think it is by bad-mouthing Nigeria, that your Biafra will come into existence?

Kid, read my lips.... I am a Nigerian! And will remain one till the end of time, irrespective of how much that fact causes you pain!

So this your concept of strange 'freedom', that you are insisting I must accept, sounds foreign. Did I tell you that I am in bondage? People like you keep chanting freedom, yet you and your people keep running to foreign countries to set up home, in some cases ...permanently. How come your brethren in those strange lands, are not advocating for freedom? Especially in those countries where many of them even have less rights than they do, within Nigeria! So what are you talking about?

Egbe bèlụ ùgò bèlụ ǹke sịlị ibè ya ebènà ǹkù kwaa yā!
Re: Biafra Propaganda (Pictures) by zendy: 9:19am On Sep 15, 2015
laudate:

Na wa, o! shocked shocked This long tirade and epistle simply because you just cannot bear the idea that some people are content to be called Nigerians, because they are comfortable with it. Must everybody jump on the same bandwagon with you? Chai! shocked

The day you accept that other people have the right to live their lives within a country the way they deem fit, as long as they are not hurting anyone else in the process... that is the day you grow up. You can keep your Biafra, while I retain my own Nigeria. Why is that such a problem for you? Or you think it is by bad-mouthing Nigeria, that your Biafra will come into existence?

Kid, read my lips.... I am a Nigerian! And will remain one till the end of time, irrespective of how much that fact causes you pain!

So this your concept of strange 'freedom', that you are insisting I must accept, sounds foreign. Did I tell you that I am in bondage? People like you keep chanting freedom, yet you and your people keep running to foreign countries to set up home, in some cases ...permanently. How come your brethren in those strange lands, are not advocating for freedom? Especially in those countries where many of them even have less rights than they do, within Nigeria! So what are you talking about?

Egbe bèlụ ùgò bèlụ ǹke sịlị ibè ya ebènà ǹkù kwaa yā!

I don't give a rata$$ if the Yorubas or any other ethnic group wants to be Nigerians, that's their business. My main concern is for my people, the Igbos, to exit this cursed union called Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Propaganda (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:28pm On Sep 15, 2015
zendy:

What is Nigeria?

A forced marriage?

Re: Biafra Propaganda (Pictures) by laudate: 11:41pm On Sep 15, 2015
zendy:

I don't give a rata$$ if the Yorubas or any other ethnic group wants to be Nigerians, that's their business. My main concern is for my people, the Igbos, to exit this cursed union called Nigeria.

Good! Now kindly leave other non-Igbos who want to remain Nigerians, in peace. Stop whining. Take your exit, as fast as you can to whatever 'cursed' destination you wish to go. No one will miss you! undecided
Re: Biafra Propaganda (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:36am On Sep 16, 2015
[s]
laudate:

Good! Now kindly leave other non-Igbos who want to remain Nigerians, in peace. Stop whining. Take your exit, as fast as you can to whatever 'cursed' destination you wish to go. No one will miss you! undecided
[/s]

Trash from a deluded and confused bigot!
Re: Biafra Propaganda (Pictures) by laudate: 1:41pm On Sep 18, 2015
Ojukwu's role in history has been well-documented. Let us hope history will judge Nnamdi Kanu kindly, in view of his recent actions.

Ojukwu: In The Eyes Of The People
Published by The Tide Newspapers | Feb. 3rd 2012 |

The first week of February 2012 in Nigeria will witness, amongst many other significant events, the burial of late Chief Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu (1933-2011), the Biafran Warlord. Ojukwu undisputed occupies a central position in the history of Nigeria throughout the period of the four exact years from 15 January 1966 when Nigeria’s first coup d’etat occurred to 15 January, 1970 when Nigerians unfortunate Civil War ended. It is estimated that over two million Nigerians lost their lives in the 30 month brutal war that broke out on July 6, 1967. Although, there was no Nuremberg Trials in Nigeria at the end of the war, Ojukwu has been on trial since the end of the war, mainly on the pages of newspapers, news magazines and books. The trial is likely to continue for another century.

Ojukwu means different things to different persons till he breathed the last on November 26, 2011.

Amanyanabo Opubo Daminabo dug into his archive to extract some of the opinions expressed about late Chief Ojukwu between 1970 when the Biafrans surrendered to the Federal Government under “No victor, no vanquished” arrangement and 1983 when Nigeria experienced a civil rule. Compiled in 1983, these divergent views extracted from the Appendix of Daminabo’s book entitled IBOS Are Not Biafrans (Port Harcourt Hanging Publishers) border on Ojukwu’s personality, his pardon by the Federal Government and his intention to contest the 1983 presidential election.

‘Nigeria never was and can never be a united country’. - General Emeka Ojukwu, Opening sentence of Biafra: Selected Speeches of C. Odumegwu Ojukwu New York, 1969, p.1

‘He was no devil. Everybody admired his personal courage, his ability for hard work. But he had one weakness – he did not know when to apply the brakes. But it’s purely because he was ambitious. He was a very capable chap.’ - Major General Philip Effiong Chief of Staff, Biafran Army, ‘Drum’, April, 1970.

‘A natural actor, Colonel Ojukwu had the enviable quality of controlling and concealing unpleasant emotions, a quality which he exploited to the full in inspiring false confidence even in the bleakest hours of the civil war’. - Chief N. U. Akpan Biafra’s Chief Scribe, London, 1972, The Struggle for Secession, p.175.

‘We were both agreed on this one point, that for all we cared this particular civil war could be fought with bows and arrows. I phoned up some friends at the United Nations Organization and they joined in the discussion’. - Professor Wole Soyinka London, 1972, The Man Died, p. 52.

‘Suddenly, here were black men, intelligent, well-educated, charming black men, standing virtually alone and successfully defying an enemy four times their size backed by the world’s super powers … The Biafrans were everywhere, it seemed, eloquently putting their case in excellent English, quoting neat European or American parallels, pointing out, with obvious truth and conviction that they were the most “westernized” of all Africans, indeed, perhaps, of all Third World peoples’. - John de St. Jorre London, 1972, The Nigerian Civil War, pp. 359-360 .

‘This strange, complex, fascinating man is now sharing the lonely fate of Nkrumah and Obote, Africa’s other fallen giants. A statesman without a state, a leader without a people, an orator without a platform, an actor without a stage; for a man such as Ojukwu, exile must be a living death. - John de St. Jorre London, 1972, The Nigerian Civil War, p.413.

‘Ojukwu’s resistance was really an experiment in human misery’. - Captain Elechi Amadi London, 1973, Sunset in Blofra, p.48

‘In Nigeria, theft by rulers and officials is regrettably frequent. Some end up stealing money, others minor items; Ojukwu is the only one who tried to steal a country!’ - Ken Saro-Wiwa Lagos, Sunday Times 27/6/82

‘He was perhaps the only man who ever held power in West Africa who came out without a private nest-egg of money embezzled from public funds. Not only had he not milked the till, he had spent every penny of his private fortune on his people. He was penniless … He was and is a remarkable man. He could have had everything, if he had bowed the knee to Gowon. Instead he lost many things: his fortune, his homeland, his passport. But he never lost the loyalty of his people; and he never lost any man’s respect. Even his worst enemies respect him. Knowing him, he would say that he had still had the best of the bargain. - Frederick Forsyth, Dublin, 1976, The Making of An African Legend: The Biafra Story, pp. 285 – 286.

‘The desperate nature of this operation and the fact that it simply had to succeed earned for it the name “Operation Do or Die” …. Viewed from any angle, that operation was indeed an “Operation Do or Die”, for many did and many died’. - Major General Alexander A. Madiebo, Commander of Biafran Army, Enugu, 1980, The Nigerian Revolution and The Biafran War, pp. 343 & 348.

‘…Biafra was the first ship of state to sail the sea of nationhood on a completely indigenous motor. Biafra was run from top to bottom by blacks … the first black nation to be taken seriously in a world dominated by white people … ‘ - Arthur Nwankwo, Enugu, 1980, Nigerian: The Challenge of Biafra, pp. 81-82

‘What follows in this book is … the story of how the arrogant and conceited Ojukwu, who wanted to rule an independent nation at all costs, deceived the people he claimed to love and left them in the lurch at their desperate hour of need, and fled “Biafra” under the guise of seeking peace’. - General Olusegun Obasanjo, GOC, 3MCDO, Nigerian Army, London, 1980, My Command, p. xiii.

‘Later on, after I had been released to join in the struggle, I realized that Ojukwu knew what he was talking about whenever he assured Biafrans that they would fight to the last man. He knew that he was ill-prepared for the fight and that if it came, he had nothing to send against the enemy except the bodies of his own citizens – no guns, no armour, no planes, no ships – only flesh and flesh and flesh – what a suicide plot, or was it a reverse pogrom? … Surely, history will not forgive him’. - Major Adewale Ademoyega, Ibadan, 1981, Why We Struck, pp. 141 and 174.

‘In fact, if anything, the counter-coup was a complete flop. Significantly, it was the failure of the Northern dissidents to topple Lieutenant Colonel Ojukwu’s Enugu-based Government – and not the shortcomings of the January coup – that eventually paved the way for secession, and in time, the barbaric civil war’. - Captain Ben Gbulie Onitsha, 1981, Nigeria’s Five Majors, p. 154.

‘History will say of Victor Banjo, Emmanuel lfeajuna, Philip Alale and Samuel Agbam just as history had said of Hitler’s enemies that they brilliantly anticipated the end of the road along which Ojukwu, with fourteen million highly intelligent people on the tow, was walking, but that when it came to the crunch, they clumsily and pathetically bungled their chance to stop him from traversing the road to its bloody end’ . - Nelson Ottah, London, 1981, Rebels Against Rebels, p.l0.

‘On the 5th of January, 1967, the historic Aburi meeting of the military leaders was called to resolve accumulating differences, but Ojukwu went there to manufacture a confederal constitution. Later, Decree No. 8 was passed to satisfy his ends, yet he would not let the Ibos alone. All he wanted was secession’ . - Major Isaac Boro, Benin-City, 1982, The Twelve – Day Revolution, p. 157.

‘When the war Ojukwu and his group said was to defend their homeland came, they made it a war of conquest. Whose “homeland” is the Midwest? When did Ibadan and Lagos become part of the East?’ - Major General Joe Garba London, 1982, Revolution in Nigeria: Another View, p. 115.

‘What most people are saying is li the Ibo leader is back” and I share that view. What political party Ojukwu will join is immaterial. If he stands on a tree, we will all stand on the tree with him’. - Cyprian Ekwensi, Lagos 1982, ‘Sunday Times’ (27/6/82).

‘Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, the former leader of Biafra, is a man of history in the most serious sense of the term, not because he is a graduate of history, but for the reasons that he probably decided to study history. Singled minded, deliberate and totally shorn of any emotional inclinations, Odumegwu Ojukwu is a man who doesn’t believe in the force of destiny, but a man who believes that strong men can shape the destiny of weaker men and cause a part for nations’. - Dele Giwa Lagos, 1982, ‘Sunday Concord’ (27/6/82).

‘Has anyone cared to ask why this son of a millionaire and History graduate, this material and intellectual aristocrat branched off into the Army at a time that many people thought the Army wa a dumping ground for street brawlers and the like? I suggest that he knew that power resides in the barrel of a gun… Calculating, rational, never known to shed tears, Ojukwu, according to those who claim to know him well, has a rugged disposition that borders on demonism, and is inclined to have things his own way or not at all… I cannot say whether Ojukwu does have the Ibo tribe in his pocket, but it seems to me that the Ibo tribe would not mind having Ojukwu in its pocket.’ - Ray Ekpu, Lagos 1982, ‘Sunday Times’ (1/8/82)

‘As far as the Ibos are concerned, the name Biafra is a stolen property. How the Ibo nation stole the name is fully explained in this book. The eealier Ibos stop the use of the name, Biafra, as a symbol of Iboland, Ibo nation and Ibo culture, the better for all Nigerians. There are several Igbo names of Igbo-related names for major physical features and other man-made features (especially rivers, towns and cities and even caves) in Iboland that can serve as an appropriate substitute for the stolen Biafra name. A few examples of such Ibo names or Igbo-related names include Nri (the cradle, now a town, of Ibos), Anambra and Imo (major rivers in Iboland), Abia, Enugu, Onitsha, Owerri and Umuahia (major cities in Iboland) and Ogbunike (an important town with a famous cave). Any of these names is an appropriate substitute for the Ibo nation to bear or use as her symbol than the stolen Biafra name.’ - Opubo Daminabo, Port Harcourt, Ibos Are Not Biafrans 1983, p 1.

‘Until today Ojukwu has not explained why he was a counter-revolutionary in January 1966, whether it was because he would not yield to junior officers or because he did not agree that change was desirable at the time. What we do know, however, from what the little Forsyth has disclosed is that Ojukwu did not, because of rank-related concerns, want to serve under Yakubu Gowon following the counter-coup of July 1966. Ibo massacres and persecution were just incidental in Ojukwu’s posturing during the crisis of July 1966- May 1967. We do know also that the only reason Ojukwu was appointed military Governor of the Eastern Region in January 1966 was for being a conspirator against the patriotic majors.’ - Fidel Odum Enugu, 1983, ‘Sunday Satellite’ (20/2/83).

His ambition was to achieve the Biafran victory and to go down in history as its first “Head of State.” His genius was instrumental, not creative; he excelled in manipulation, not in construction… Emeka’s return to Nigeria and his dramatic entry into partisan politics is a clear manifestation of his inordinate ambition to grab power that eluded him in Biafra… He confused popular acclaim for popular support.’ - Obiora Egbunike, Ibadan, 1983, ‘Sunday Tribune’ (20/3/83).

Ojukwu’s pardon in conception and execution contradicts all the laws of the Medes and Persians. Nemesis will surely act… Ojukwu gambled with lives of millions of people without caring a hoot. Once a gambler, always a gambler. He is at it again and he is ready to spill blood without remorse.’ - Professor Chike Obi, Enugu 1983, ‘Satellite’ (20/3/83 and 2/8/83).

Read the rest here: http://www.thetidenewsonline.com/2012/02/03/ojukwu-in-the-eyes-of-the-people/
Re: Biafra Propaganda (Pictures) by passionate88: 8:00am On Oct 09, 2015
Hemah:

“Sheikh Zakzaky’s Son, 10 Others Killed In Nigerian troops, Shiite Muslims Clash”
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/165579-update-sheikh-zakzakys-son-10-others-killed-in-nigerian-troops-shiite-muslims-clash.html

Nasarawa: Soldiers kill Ombatse leader, arrest others. http://www.punchng.com/news/nasarawa-soldiers-kill-ombatse-leader-arrest-others/

If you remember these incidence last year, nobody said GEJ wanted to wipe out the northerner. I am not saying it okay for the military or the police to kill people extra-judiciary, what I am saying is that it has been happening in all parts of the country. No tribe or ethic group is the target.
Please do just play with this , who told you nobody said GEJ wanted to wipe the north when the sheikh son was killed?, I was in Zaria when that incident happened. There was tension in the community, I had to relocate to Damaturu barracks to stay with a friend for fear of the unexpected.
Re: Biafra Propaganda (Pictures) by Nobody: 8:03am On Oct 09, 2015
See yoruba snakes crawling in this thread. Cowards
Re: Biafra Propaganda (Pictures) by Nobody: 8:04am On Oct 09, 2015
laudate:

Yoruba slave.
Re: Biafra Propaganda (Pictures) by laudate: 11:56am On Oct 09, 2015
CuckoldMaster:
Yoruba slave.
Another illiterate twerp. There are over 150 tribes in Nigeria, yet your lazy mind cannot come up with a tangible statement of fact that makes sense, which is why you had to resort to insults. Typical. undecided
Re: Biafra Propaganda (Pictures) by badnature: 12:53pm On Oct 09, 2015
to an average baboons and monkeys(awusa/yolooba) any truth that challenge the FRAUD(the ZOO called Nigeria) is automatically propaganda,yolooba!yolooba!! Ndi ishi ojie

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

So Senator Ali Modu Sheriff's Son Actually Married President Buhari Daughter? / Army Denies Re-Arresting Deji Adeyanju / Emulate Maduka, Reveal Evidence Of Your Achievements- Ndi Anambra Tell Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.