Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,669 members, 7,827,458 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

TECNO PHANTOM 5, The Next Phantom Discussion Starts Here - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / TECNO PHANTOM 5, The Next Phantom Discussion Starts Here (11615 Views)

Top Biggest Rumours About The Next Phantom Device / Rumored Details On The Specs Of The Next Phantom Series (Photos) / The Tecno Phantom 5 & The LED TV + Multitasking / Battery Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

TECNO PHANTOM 5, The Next Phantom Discussion Starts Here by daremarvell: 8:17am On Sep 12, 2015
It’s going to be Tecno’s biggest device ever and we’ve already confirmed the launch date. A 3GB RAM device with a super-fast octa-core processor and sporting an aluminum body. I was told the phone is going to be launched on the 16th of September, This device is already generating a lot of buzz and we know we’re not gonna be disappointed.

See Some specifications
The phone features a metallic back, with an amazing 13mp camera right bello the camera is a 360 degree fingerprint sensor. On the back is also where you find DTS Surround sound speakers. On the front is a 8mp camera which is really sharp an 1080p full HD screen
It comes out of the box with Android 5.1.1 Lollipop, a very fast MediaTek processor,

Detailed specifications

Technology
GSM: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
3G : HSDPA 900 /1900/ 2100
4G : LTE
SIM Type : Dual SIM; Micro SIM
Design
Dimensions : 151 x 75.8 x 6.8 mm
Weight: g
Display : 5.5-inch, 1080 x 1920 pixels (401 PPI), Full HD capacitive touchscreen
Sensors: Accelerometer, Proximity, compass
Hardware
Processor Type : 64 Bit Octa-core 1.3 GHz CPU
Processor Name : Mediatek 6753
Graphics Processor : Mali-T720
RAM: 3 GB
Internal Storage : 32GB
External Storage : MicroSD card up to 128GB
Camera
Rear : 13 megapixel, autofocus, dual LED flash
Video recording : 1080P HD
Front-facing : 8 megapixel with soft flash
Multimedia
Music Support : mp3, aac, aac+, eaac+, amr, wb-amr, midi, HIFI 2.0, DOLBY Surround Digital
Loudspeaker: Yes; HIFI 2.0, DOLBY Surround Digital
Video Support : mpeg4, h.263, h.264
FM Radio: Yes
Connectivity
Bluetooth: v4.0
WiFi : Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
GPS: Yes
USB : microUSB v2.0; USB On-The-Go
Miscellaneous
Fingerprint Sensor at the back
Ultra lower power mode
Availability : September 2015
Battery : Li-Ion 3000 mAh

Music Features
3D Surround effect
HiFi 2.0 and Dolby Surround Effect.
Luxury Metal HiFi earphone
Boom Player Features
Music Streaming and download

Content Management System (CMS) Only available to artist and service providers
FM radio
Equaliser
Timer feature
Security
Fingerprint sensor (Tecno claims 0.7 seconds to unlock your device)
360 degree recognition
Stores up to 10 fingerprints

If the pricing is fair, believe me this is an amazing beauty from Tecno, excellent notification tray with huge customisations. Like I said earlier Tecno UI is one of the very best now.

Re: TECNO PHANTOM 5, The Next Phantom Discussion Starts Here by dasphinx1(m): 8:20am On Sep 12, 2015
Hmmmm.....
Re: TECNO PHANTOM 5, The Next Phantom Discussion Starts Here by guydangerous(m): 8:21am On Sep 12, 2015
Price and full specification nko
Re: TECNO PHANTOM 5, The Next Phantom Discussion Starts Here by NCP: 8:58am On Sep 12, 2015
Fat Bezels, lacks the s£xy feel of a top Android device, and this should be the FIRST tecno device with Android 5.1.1

2 Likes

Re: TECNO PHANTOM 5, The Next Phantom Discussion Starts Here by GodswillAJudins(m): 9:19am On Sep 12, 2015
What's the screen size?
Re: TECNO PHANTOM 5, The Next Phantom Discussion Starts Here by ZesusHVWritter(m): 9:22am On Sep 12, 2015
hehehe with tecno there is no secrete sir.
Let me fill the blanks for you.
the octacore will be mtk's 64bit lower powerd chip of 1.3ghz octacore mtk 6753 chipset the same chipset used in the Leagoo Elite 1, and the finger print scanner is the press and touuchID used on the Elephone p8000.
the body will not be made of aluminum, it is made of painted plastic aluminum.
The pricing won't be fair, it will be priced at 45-50 thousand naira.
Hope this unveils the secrete you kept? smiley))
Re: TECNO PHANTOM 5, The Next Phantom Discussion Starts Here by daremarvell: 9:38am On Sep 12, 2015
Stay glue for the full specs
Re: TECNO PHANTOM 5, The Next Phantom Discussion Starts Here by hassanAde(m): 9:44am On Sep 12, 2015
Just can't stop laffing, I wonder how dis is gonna b a surprise, and what chipset is being kept secret, I wouldn't even put my hope on mt6753 in that phone, and no new addition to the hardware that has never been used by another manufacturer, still expecting the special thing that will make me go for d device, no more letters, now numbers, hehehehehehehe.

1 Like

Re: TECNO PHANTOM 5, The Next Phantom Discussion Starts Here by sats: 10:45am On Sep 12, 2015
tecno,yeah ryt

Re: TECNO PHANTOM 5, The Next Phantom Discussion Starts Here by daremarvell: 12:29pm On Sep 12, 2015
sats:
tecno,yeah ryt
I hav known this bestmob for quite an age now. But look back at ur space of progression. You are not moving forward at all cos u hate wen people are moving forward. Stop ur hate post cos it clearly lacks objective professional blogging ethics. There are ways u can post to advise unless you have grudge with tecno.
Re: TECNO PHANTOM 5, The Next Phantom Discussion Starts Here by sats: 12:58pm On Sep 12, 2015
daremarvell:
I hav known this bestmob for quite an age now. But look back at ur space of progression. You are not moving forward at all cos u hate wen people are moving forward. Stop ur hate post cos it clearly lacks objective professional blogging ethics. There are ways u can post to advise unless you have grudge with tecno.
oga,i just came across the website, i dont own bestmob

3 Likes

Re: TECNO PHANTOM 5, The Next Phantom Discussion Starts Here by udemzyudex(m): 3:39pm On Sep 12, 2015
NCP:
Fat Bezels, lacks the s£xy feel of a top Android device, and this should be the FIRST tecno device with Android 5.1.1

Guy go produce your own mk me sef buy naa
Re: TECNO PHANTOM 5, The Next Phantom Discussion Starts Here by SweetSoup(m): 4:16pm On Sep 12, 2015
If phantom z could cost 56k+, this one would most likely cost like 80k..
Re: TECNO PHANTOM 5, The Next Phantom Discussion Starts Here by daremarvell: 4:41pm On Sep 12, 2015
sats:
oga,i just came across the website, i dont own bestmob
You are probably working for them cos, you are the that post it here
Re: TECNO PHANTOM 5, The Next Phantom Discussion Starts Here by Nobody: 4:56pm On Sep 12, 2015
Hmmmmmm
Re: TECNO PHANTOM 5, The Next Phantom Discussion Starts Here by sats: 5:02pm On Sep 12, 2015
daremarvell:

You are probably working for them cos, you are the that post it here
fine,i wont post it again, u win

*sighs*
Re: TECNO PHANTOM 5, The Next Phantom Discussion Starts Here by sats: 5:03pm On Sep 12, 2015
SweetSoup:
If phantom z could cost 56k+, this one would most likely cost like 80k..
80k tecno
who go buy am?
hahahahahaha

1 Like

Re: TECNO PHANTOM 5, The Next Phantom Discussion Starts Here by daremarvell: 5:32pm On Sep 12, 2015
Guy the phone is coming with 3GB of RAM and 13mp back camera confirmed. I just got a call from them now
Re: TECNO PHANTOM 5, The Next Phantom Discussion Starts Here by Nobody: 6:31pm On Sep 12, 2015
daremarvell:
It’s going to be Tecno’s biggest device ever and we’ve already confirmed the launch date. A 3GB RAM device with a super-fast octa-core processor and sporting an aluminum body. I was told the phone is going to be launched on the 16th of September, This device is already generating a lot of buzz and we know we’re not gonna be disappointed.

See Some specifications
The phone features a metallic back, with an amazing 13mp camera right bello the camera is a 360 degree fingerprint sensor. On the back is also where you find DTS Surround sound speakers. On the front is a 8mp camera which is really sharp an 1080p full HD screen
It comes out of the box with Android 5.1.1 Lollipop, a very fast MediaTek processor, I will keep that as secret for now. It has 32gb internal memory and 3gb RAM. The battery is 3000mAh. These will do for now, stay glue for more info.
If the pricing is fair, believe me this is an amazing beauty from Tecno, excellent notification tray with huge customisations. Like I said earlier Tecno UI is one of the very best now.
damn comparisons between this and xiaomi redmi note 2 are going to be epic
Re: TECNO PHANTOM 5, The Next Phantom Discussion Starts Here by daremarvell: 8:52pm On Sep 12, 2015
ZesusHVWritter:
hehehe with tecno there is no secrete sir.
Let me fill the blanks for you.
the octacore will be mtk's 64bit lower powerd chip of 1.3ghz octacore mtk 6753 chipset the same chipset used in the Leagoo Elite 1, and the finger print scanner is the press and touuchID used on the Elephone p8000.
the body will not be made of aluminum, it is made of painted plastic aluminum.
The pricing won't be fair, it will be priced at 45-50
If the price around 45k is OK bro thousand naira.
Hope this unveils the secrete you kept? smiley))
Re: TECNO PHANTOM 5, The Next Phantom Discussion Starts Here by daremarvell: 12:13pm On Sep 13, 2015
It's metallic body
Re: TECNO PHANTOM 5, The Next Phantom Discussion Starts Here by hassanAde(m): 1:11pm On Sep 13, 2015
Phantom z should hv remained a great fone if it's ROM was updated to lollipop, I still fear tecno for that cos I'll still end up dumping this Phantom 5 for their next flagship device with a marshmallow, 56k for pz nor b here, if they tried pushing an update to lollipop, it would have been best.

1 Like

Re: TECNO PHANTOM 5, The Next Phantom Discussion Starts Here by hassanAde(m): 1:13pm On Sep 13, 2015
daremarvell:
It's metallic body
, the price tag will b way out of range, 70k plus I presume.
Re: TECNO PHANTOM 5, The Next Phantom Discussion Starts Here by hassanAde(m): 1:15pm On Sep 13, 2015
udemzyudex:

Guy go produce your own mk me sef buy naa
, leave bezel, a lot of Chinese devices out there with bezels, they've giving us a taste of what the music player would b on boom J and the camera quality on Camon c8, combination of all dis plus a 3gb ram, 70k minimum price tag for the fone
Re: TECNO PHANTOM 5, The Next Phantom Discussion Starts Here by udemzyudex(m): 1:58pm On Sep 13, 2015
hassanAde:
, leave bezel, a lot of Chinese devices out there with bezels, they've giving us a taste of what the music player would b on boom J and the camera quality on Camon c8, combination of all dis plus a 3gb ram, 70k minimum price tag for the fone

70k minimum... Lol ok
Re: TECNO PHANTOM 5, The Next Phantom Discussion Starts Here by ZesusHVWritter(m): 3:20pm On Sep 13, 2015
daremarvell:
It's metallic body
I told you…. Tecno has no secretes or surprise to spring… it just the old tecno…. Since you dey tell us that its not aluminum but now metallic body…. Hope you do know phones with metallic designs have been reported to heat a lot and also have poor network reception due to the interference from the mental conductors around it…. That is why companies have opted for the more expensive aluminum body with tougher protection and less interference with radio frequencies.

But its almost twice the price of a metallic frame and requires more craftmanship to fit the phones panel in it because unlike plastic or metal, it does not liquidate during heating for molding.
Anyway outside the long story, hope you get my point sir….. Tecno will keep changing the specs to something lesser, next is the screen resolution from 1080p to p720.
Re: TECNO PHANTOM 5, The Next Phantom Discussion Starts Here by ZesusHVWritter(m): 3:24pm On Sep 13, 2015
[quote author=daremarvell post=37949152][/quote] Why you edit my comment la? sad
Re: TECNO PHANTOM 5, The Next Phantom Discussion Starts Here by richysam(m): 6:53pm On Sep 13, 2015
phantom5 for 70k plus haba for what na?. when I can opt for the letv one or one pro. anyway, they are improving sha.
Re: TECNO PHANTOM 5, The Next Phantom Discussion Starts Here by abdulatif8: 7:33pm On Sep 13, 2015
grin am selling My infinix hot note pro for this. Have suffered enough cry infinix are criminals.. Imaging pro can't play good HD games. tongue
Re: TECNO PHANTOM 5, The Next Phantom Discussion Starts Here by daremarvell: 9:01am On Sep 14, 2015
abdulatif8:
grin am selling My infinix hot note pro for this. Have suffered enough cry infinix are criminals.. Imaging pro can't play good HD games. tongue
y is like that. It should handle games well. I am using the infinix hot note too, my only problem with it is low quality sound and call. I think they should optimise their phones to run faster.
Re: TECNO PHANTOM 5, The Next Phantom Discussion Starts Here by daremarvell: 11:07am On Sep 14, 2015
richysam:
phantom5 for 70k plus haba for what na?. when I can opt for the letv one or one pro. anyway, they are improving sha.
it can't be 70k, it will be affordable

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

This Is How You Will Know Genuine Samsung Phone / The New Blackberry Q3 / Infinix Zero 4 (X555) and Zero 4 Plus (X602) Official Discussion Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.