Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,131 members, 7,845,753 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

TECNO PHANTOM 5, The Next Phantom Discussion Starts Here - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / TECNO PHANTOM 5, The Next Phantom Discussion Starts Here (11639 Views)

Top Biggest Rumours About The Next Phantom Device / Rumored Details On The Specs Of The Next Phantom Series (Photos) / The Tecno Phantom 5 & The LED TV + Multitasking / Battery Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TECNO PHANTOM 5, The Next Phantom Discussion Starts Here by daremarvell: 11:09am On Sep 14, 2015
SweetSoup:
If phantom z could cost 56k+, this one would most likely cost like 80k..
phones are getting cheaper with better specs every year, so don't panic
Re: TECNO PHANTOM 5, The Next Phantom Discussion Starts Here by daremarvell: 5:28pm On Sep 14, 2015
Tecno mobile are giving out tickets to the launch event that comes up in few days. Visit this site to get started. Best of luck
www.tecno-mobile.com/thenewphantom/
Re: TECNO PHANTOM 5, The Next Phantom Discussion Starts Here by daremarvell: 4:47pm On Sep 15, 2015
The new Phantom is launching in lagos 2mao. You can be part of the launch by visiting their Facebook page

Re: TECNO PHANTOM 5, The Next Phantom Discussion Starts Here by daremarvell: 7:57pm On Sep 15, 2015
It's confirmed to be 3GB RAM, 32gb ROM. Price could be 70k

Re: TECNO PHANTOM 5, The Next Phantom Discussion Starts Here by TheTega(m): 8:00pm On Sep 15, 2015
Once this device goes above 50k, I'm getting a Redmi Note 2 from Xiaomi
Re: TECNO PHANTOM 5, The Next Phantom Discussion Starts Here by Nobody: 9:15pm On Sep 15, 2015
TheTega:
Once this device goes above 50k, I'm getting a Redmi Note 2 from Xiaomi
no SD card slot
Re: TECNO PHANTOM 5, The Next Phantom Discussion Starts Here by Mystiq25(m): 9:15pm On Sep 15, 2015
daremarvell:
70k for a Tecno phone with an mtk chipset?
Re: TECNO PHANTOM 5, The Next Phantom Discussion Starts Here by Kamaye(m): 9:47pm On Sep 15, 2015
General
Brand UMI
Model IRON
Color Grey
System
Operating System Android 5.1
CPU MTK6753 Octa Core, 1.3GHz
GPU Mali-T720
RAM 3GB
ROM 16GB
Extended Storage 32GB
Display
Screen type LTPS screen
Screen size 5.5 inch
Screen resolution 1920x1080 pixels FHD
screen
Screen color 16000K colors
Network
Wireless connectiveity GSM, 3G, 4G, GPS,
WiFi, Bluetooth
Frequency 2G: GSM 900/1800/1900MHz
3G: WCDMA 900/1900/2100MHz
4G: FDD-LTE 1800/2100/2600MHz
Bluetooth Yes, 4.0
WiFi Yes, 802.11b/g/n wireless internet
GPS Yes, built in
Camera
Camera type Dual cameras (one front one
back)
Back camera 13.0MP back camera with
flashlight and auto focus
Front camera 8.0MP front camera
Video recording Yes
Connectivity
SIM card slot Nano SIM, Dual SIM, Dual
standby
TF card slot Yes
Micro USB slot Yes
Audio output Yes (3.5mm audio out port)
Microphone Supported
Speaker Supported
Media
Video format 3GP, MP4, RMVB
Audio format WAV, AMR, MP3
Image format GIF, JPEG, BMP, PNG
FM radio Yes, earphone needed.
Battery
Battery type Lithium
Capacity 3350mAh
Standby time About 2~3 days
Charger USB, travel charger
Dimension & Weight (Main Product)
Dimension 152.3 x 76.5 x 7.9mm
Weight 148g
Package Contents
1 × Phone
1 × Battery
1 × USB cable
1 × User manual
1 × Power adapter
1 x OTG cable
PRICE : 43K
elijahdre: 08034795720
This phone is equal to if not better than this Tecno and there are many of them like Ulefone B touch 2, Xiaomi redmi note 2 etc all below 50k. Tecno defrauding Nigerians since 1800.

2 Likes

Re: TECNO PHANTOM 5, The Next Phantom Discussion Starts Here by TheTega(m): 9:52pm On Sep 15, 2015
davthom:
no SD card slot

Lool, it has SD card slot..
Re: TECNO PHANTOM 5, The Next Phantom Discussion Starts Here by Nobody: 10:07pm On Sep 15, 2015
TheTega:

Lool, it has SD card slot..
hopefully it does.even if it doesn't(I don't think the phantom z had it) then at least tecno should release a 64gb version.also am really hoping this phone uses 6752 clocked at 1.7ghz rather than the 6753 at 1.3ghz in d meizu note 2.hopefully this phone is priced similarly to the phantom z and redmi note 2
Re: TECNO PHANTOM 5, The Next Phantom Discussion Starts Here by Cerebrum(m): 10:38pm On Sep 15, 2015
ZesusHVWritter:
hehehe with tecno there is no secrete sir.
Let me fill the blanks for you.
the octacore will be mtk's 64bit lower powerd chip of 1.3ghz octacore mtk 6753 chipset the same chipset used in the Leagoo Elite 1, and the finger print scanner is the press and touuchID used on the Elephone p8000.
the body will not be made of aluminum, it is made of painted plastic aluminum.
The pricing won't be fair, it will be priced at 45-50 thousand naira.
Hope this unveils the secrete you kept? smiley))

WOW! Just wow. Are you paid to hate? Seems so to me.
Re: TECNO PHANTOM 5, The Next Phantom Discussion Starts Here by Cerebrum(m): 10:40pm On Sep 15, 2015
daremarvell:
I hav known this bestmob for quite an age now. But look back at ur space of progression. You are not moving forward at all cos u hate wen people are moving forward. Stop ur hate post cos it clearly lacks objective professional blogging ethics. There are ways u can post to advise unless you have grudge with tecno.

I've noticed the guy in almost all Tecno threads on Nairaland. Like the anti-Christ, nigga seems to be anti-Tecno. It's unfortunate to see someone hate so much.
Re: TECNO PHANTOM 5, The Next Phantom Discussion Starts Here by Cerebrum(m): 10:42pm On Sep 15, 2015
udemzyudex:

Guy go produce your own mk me sef buy naa

abi o.
Re: TECNO PHANTOM 5, The Next Phantom Discussion Starts Here by Cerebrum(m): 10:44pm On Sep 15, 2015
daremarvell:
Guy the phone is coming with 3GB of RAM and 13mp back camera confirmed. I just got a call from them now

Fresh. Isn't 3GB ram just too much awesome that could go to waste on a smartphone?
Re: TECNO PHANTOM 5, The Next Phantom Discussion Starts Here by Cerebrum(m): 10:45pm On Sep 15, 2015
hassanAde:
Phantom z should hv remained a great fone if it's ROM was updated to lollipop, I still fear tecno for that cos I'll still end up dumping this Phantom 5 for their next flagship device with a marshmallow, 56k for pz nor b here, if they tried pushing an update to lollipop, it would have been best.

This one seems to receive OTA updates though. Doesn't look like this flagship would go to waste anytime soon.
Re: TECNO PHANTOM 5, The Next Phantom Discussion Starts Here by Cerebrum(m): 10:48pm On Sep 15, 2015
hassanAde:
, leave bezel, a lot of Chinese devices out there with bezels, they've giving us a taste of what the music player would b on boom J and the camera quality on Camon c8, combination of all dis plus a 3gb ram, 70k minimum price tag for the fone

We similarly assumed unfair prices with the Camon o. Do not forget the price ended up being somewhat fair enough. Don't you think a wait till it's announced would be fair enough on our path? 3GB Ram, fingerprint sensor, 13MP back camera doesn't look like beans sha.
Re: TECNO PHANTOM 5, The Next Phantom Discussion Starts Here by Cerebrum(m): 10:58pm On Sep 15, 2015
daremarvell:
phones are getting cheaper with better specs every year, so don't panic

The fears humans have, unnecessary. Awesome buy
Re: TECNO PHANTOM 5, The Next Phantom Discussion Starts Here by ZesusHVWritter(m): 10:59pm On Sep 15, 2015
daremarvell:
If you actually sit down to take none-salesman look at tecno and thier products you will not be amazed by their final details. Because there is always no catch with tecno….. So since you don tell us the estimated price sir….. my question is. Is the phone affordable? can you advice me to buy this incoming tecno for 70k if I told you I had such money to spend for a phone?
Re: TECNO PHANTOM 5, The Next Phantom Discussion Starts Here by ZesusHVWritter(m): 11:02pm On Sep 15, 2015
Cerebrum:

WOW! Just wow. Are you paid to hate? Seems so to me.
I cannot read your visions to your brain, so as to determine which perspective your observations are based upon…. So if it seems to you, then it is as you perceive it to be…
Re: TECNO PHANTOM 5, The Next Phantom Discussion Starts Here by Cerebrum(m): 11:02pm On Sep 15, 2015
daremarvell:
Tecno mobile are giving out tickets to the launch event that comes up in few days. Visit this site to get started. Best of luck
www.tecno-mobile.com/thenewphantom/

If I hear say I no attend. I must show.
Re: TECNO PHANTOM 5, The Next Phantom Discussion Starts Here by Cerebrum(m): 11:03pm On Sep 15, 2015
daremarvell:
The new Phantom is launching in lagos 2mao. You can be part of the launch by visiting their Facebook page

Looks very much like a dual LED flash smartphone like the Camon too. Improved phantom.
Re: TECNO PHANTOM 5, The Next Phantom Discussion Starts Here by Cerebrum(m): 11:04pm On Sep 15, 2015
ZesusHVWritter:

I cannot read your visions to your brain, so as to determine which perspective your observations are based upon…. So if it seems to you, then it is as you perceive it to be…

Run along!
Re: TECNO PHANTOM 5, The Next Phantom Discussion Starts Here by Nobody: 7:58am On Sep 16, 2015
Kamaye:

General
Brand UMI
Model IRON
Color Grey
System
Operating System Android 5.1
CPU MTK6753 Octa Core, 1.3GHz
GPU Mali-T720
RAM 3GB
ROM 16GB
Extended Storage 32GB
Display
Screen type LTPS screen
Screen size 5.5 inch
Screen resolution 1920x1080 pixels FHD
screen
Screen color 16000K colors
Network
Wireless connectiveity GSM, 3G, 4G, GPS,
WiFi, Bluetooth
Frequency 2G: GSM 900/1800/1900MHz
3G: WCDMA 900/1900/2100MHz
4G: FDD-LTE 1800/2100/2600MHz
Bluetooth Yes, 4.0
WiFi Yes, 802.11b/g/n wireless internet
GPS Yes, built in
Camera
Camera type Dual cameras (one front one
back)
Back camera 13.0MP back camera with
flashlight and auto focus
Front camera 8.0MP front camera
Video recording Yes
Connectivity
SIM card slot Nano SIM, Dual SIM, Dual
standby
TF card slot Yes
Micro USB slot Yes
Audio output Yes (3.5mm audio out port)
Microphone Supported
Speaker Supported
Media
Video format 3GP, MP4, RMVB
Audio format WAV, AMR, MP3
Image format GIF, JPEG, BMP, PNG
FM radio Yes, earphone needed.
Battery
Battery type Lithium
Capacity 3350mAh
Standby time About 2~3 days
Charger USB, travel charger
Dimension & Weight (Main Product)
Dimension 152.3 x 76.5 x 7.9mm
Weight 148g
Package Contents
1 × Phone
1 × Battery
1 × USB cable
1 × User manual
1 × Power adapter
1 x OTG cable
PRICE : 43K
elijahdre: 08034795720
This phone is equal to if not better than this Tecno and there are many of them like Ulefone B touch 2, Xiaomi redmi note 2 etc all below 50k. Tecno defrauding Nigerians since 1800.
I couldn't agree with you more
Re: TECNO PHANTOM 5, The Next Phantom Discussion Starts Here by Promise323: 9:56am On Sep 16, 2015

1 Like

Re: TECNO PHANTOM 5, The Next Phantom Discussion Starts Here by wolfenstein(m): 10:20am On Sep 16, 2015
daremarvell:
It’s going to be Tecno’s biggest device ever and we’ve already confirmed the launch date. A 3GB RAM device with a super-fast octa-core processor and sporting an aluminum body. I was told the phone is going to be launched on the 16th of September, This device is already generating a lot of buzz and we know we’re not gonna be disappointed.

See Some specifications
The phone features a metallic back, with an amazing 13mp camera right bello the camera is a 360 degree fingerprint sensor. On the back is also where you find DTS Surround sound speakers. On the front is a 8mp camera which is really sharp an 1080p full HD screen
It comes out of the box with Android 5.1.1 Lollipop, a very fast MediaTek processor, I will keep that as secret for now. It has 32gb internal memory and 3gb RAM. The battery is 3000mAh. These will do for now, stay glue for more info.
If the pricing is fair, believe me this is an amazing beauty from Tecno, excellent notification tray with huge customisations. Like I said earlier Tecno UI is one of the very best now.
OP were u paid to hype Tecno or wat? cos am so sure u not even using 1

1 Like

Re: TECNO PHANTOM 5, The Next Phantom Discussion Starts Here by daremarvell: 8:47pm On Sep 16, 2015
The price was announced today at N69,900.
I think is on the high side. Way above an average income earner in Nigeria. But is great device I must confess.
Re: TECNO PHANTOM 5, The Next Phantom Discussion Starts Here by Mystiq25(m): 9:30pm On Sep 16, 2015
70k hmmm Tecno and their ridiculous price. Let's see how many people will buy this when there are better phones for less than 50k.
Re: TECNO PHANTOM 5, The Next Phantom Discussion Starts Here by jamilkb(m): 9:59pm On Sep 16, 2015
daremarvell:
The price was announced today at N69,900.
I think is on the high side. Way above an average income earner in Nigeria. But is great device I must confess.
Haba, 69k?? how is that great? Where were you when elephone p8000, UMI, etc using same features with the so called over hyped Tecno phantom were being sold?..They cost (40k-47k) , there is Lenovo k3 note with even higher processor(MT6752) at 40K.. come on.. Tecno are being stupid here lipsrsealed lipsrsealed. lol.. Middle range mediatek chipset at this price? I laugh in Arabic.. Tecno deceiving Nigerians since 1235 A.D grin
Re: TECNO PHANTOM 5, The Next Phantom Discussion Starts Here by ZesusHVWritter(m): 11:42pm On Sep 16, 2015
Tecno sha..... realising price before the specifications of a device.... This one is strong.
Anway na me and the op go buy this phone.
Re: TECNO PHANTOM 5, The Next Phantom Discussion Starts Here by daremarvell: 9:33pm On Sep 18, 2015
ZesusHVWritter:
Tecno sha..... realising price before the specifications of a device.... This one is strong.
Anway na me and the op go buy this phone.
guy people are buying it already. Some people saving for it. There's lots of money in naija oo. Nigerians get cash believe me

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Experience at Solat Telecoms Mokola Ibadan / AIRTEL! 1.5 Gig For #500 Only On Airtel See Screenshot / How To Root Tecno L3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.