Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,171 members, 7,815,102 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

Leabianism Thrives Well In Prison...vanguard. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Leabianism Thrives Well In Prison...vanguard. (671 Views)

Maryam Sanda Reading The Quran, As Court Remands Her In Prison (photo, Video) / Whistleblowers Remanded In Prison Custody For Giving False Information (pics) / Man Beheads Mother In Abia, Flees With Her Blood - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Leabianism Thrives Well In Prison...vanguard. by misreal(m): 8:41am On Sep 12, 2015
Although, she has since regained her freedom, after spending one year behind bars, it will, perhaps, take Miss Jennifer Ngozi Mberekpe a long time to overcome the traumatic experience she had while in prison.
In fact, the more she tries to erase the unthinkable picture from her mind, the more she’s haunted by its memory. She can never look towards the unforgetable prison images without a ‘shudder and a sigh.’

Miss Ngozi Mberekpe
From the terrifying practice of ‘warm bath’ by the prison mother, and the unholy practices that become the order of the day in the cell, the prison gate for Miss Mberekpe presents a scary picture of the proverbial “Gate of hell, or better still, a thin line between death and life.”
“The first day I entered the prison, the authorities there were contemplating on which of the cells they would put me. At last, they took me to a particular cell where they handed me over to a cellmate called my mother who gave me a “warm bath” as a way of welcoming me to the cell, and later she took me through the prison routine,” she began.
Miss. Mberekpe was recently freed from the Kirikiri Prison, Apapa. She had been behind bars since last year, following a case of fraud preferred against her. But for divine intervention, she was freed some 12 days after the Founder and General Overseer of Word and Spirit Assembly Church, Satellite Town, Pastor. Chris Ekeh visited the Kirirkiri Prison on the 17th of July, 2015, to celebrate his 40th birthday with the inmates. Her case was struck out by the trial judge.
In a recent encounter with Saturday Vanguard, Miss Mberekpe, who hails from Imo State, told us what it was like to spend a year of her life in the prison, living at the mercy of the inedible food, solitary lifestyle and the scratchy prison uniforms. Describing her release as a “divine intervention’ Mberekpe said, the prison is not a place anyone can wish for his or her enemies.
While the days, Mberekpe spent behind bars were terrible, she believes that the worst of these moments was when she was first transported from the court to the Kirikiri prison.
According to her, “When they took me to the prison, I thought it was the end of the road for me. I left everything in the hands of God. I prepared my mind to accept the worst while in prison. I was not scared, but it is not an experience one would wish his or her enemies. It is only those inmates who have no focus that would want to go back there.”
While I was in prison, she continued, “ I never had any good news. It was one sad story or the other. But what kept me going was the fact that I believed I would overcome my travails someday. I was never discouraged.”
However, one thing that gave Miss Mberekpe sleepless nights throughout her one year behind bars was a situation where her family, friends and church members abandoned her to her fate. She said, “ Even when I called my relations, friends and church members nobody came to my rescue. But despite my predicaments, I still had peace within me and I strongly believed that someday, I would regain my freedom.”
Miss Mberekpe opened a can of warms, revealing that lesbianism, among other ugly acts, thrives in prison. “ I discovered some unholy practices such as lesbianism thriving in prison. But I did not do it because from the moment I was ushered into the place, my cell mates knew I was a Christian and did not indulge in such unholy practice,” she revealed.
She however, acknowledged the efforts made by the prison authorities to curb the bestial act. “ All thanks to the former Deputy Controller of Prisons,DCP, who dealt with the evil. She stood up against it and ensured that lesbianism was drastically reduced in the prison,” she said.
Miss Mberekpe’s journey to the Kirikiri prison, began in 2014, when she was linked with N12.5 million deal, which was invested in her former company by their clients. Then she was working with a Lagos- based assets management company which was into stock, shares and pri

Re: Leabianism Thrives Well In Prison...vanguard. by klem93(m): 8:43am On Sep 12, 2015
uhmmmmm.... no vex please source

(1) (Reply)

My Epic Response To A Scammer / I’m A Member Of Boko Haram; I Attacked Christians At BUK – Augustine Effiong / Man Sentenced To Death For Challenging Lagos High Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.