Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,494 members, 7,823,156 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

Buhari To Kickstart Punishment Of The Armed Forces For Violating Human Rights - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari To Kickstart Punishment Of The Armed Forces For Violating Human Rights (19441 Views)

Why Has Nnamdi Kanu Not Been Rearrested Despite Violating Bail Conditions? / Be Ready To Face Justice For Violating Electoral Law – Apc Tells Fayose / Soldier At Lagos-Ore Breaks Side Mirror Those Violating Vehicles To Clear Holdup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari To Kickstart Punishment Of The Armed Forces For Violating Human Rights by Nobody: 12:43pm On Sep 12, 2015

Nigeria’s president, Muhammadu Buhari, reaffirmed his administration’s total commitment to the rule of law and warned that proven acts of human rights violation by the Armed Forces will be punished under his leadership.

Addressing officers, troops and newly commissioned cadets on Saturday in Kaduna State at the Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Buhari reminded them that the rule of law applied to the Armed Forces as much as any other institution in the country.

“I wish to remind you of the Federal Government’s commitment to overhaul the rules of engagement and improve operational and legal mechanisms so that disciplinary steps are taken against proven human rights violations by the armed forces.

“We are committed to a thorough investigation of recent and any future occurrences of human rights violations by elements of our Armed Forces.

“While I applaud the integrity and sterling record of the Armed Forces as an institution, this administration will insist on the rule of law, and deal with any proven cases of deviation from laws of armed conflict, including human rights abuses.

“In operational conduct Nigerians expect our Armed Forces to keep law and order, and not to behave like bullies.

“Let me reiterate this administration’s commitment to due process, merit and total observance of the rule of law as central pillars of a prosperous and democratic society.

“Rule of law as an element of good governance applies to the Armed Forces as much as any institution in our country. It is therefore gratifying that all three Services have recently taken steps to emphasize strict adherence to rules in recruitment, promotions, procurement, project executions and civil-military relations,” the President said at the passing out of Officer Cadets of the NDA’s 62 Regular Course and Short Service Course 43.

Observing that security remains the most important challenge in his Administration’s “Change” Programme, President Buhari said that the nation expects exemplary conduct and professionalism from officers and men of its Armed Forces at all times and in all situations.

“The objectives our fight against terrorism cannot be realized without a credible and effective military. You must avoid any behavior that will tarnish your honour and dignity as commissioned officers.

“Your commitment and loyalty to the Armed Forces and the nation must be total. I urge you to take your roles in the on-going process of rebuilding our Armed Forces very seriously,” President Buhari told the newly-commissioned officers.

Declaring that the Federal Government was pleased with the Armed Forces’ resolve to end the insurgency facing the country once and for all, President Buhari assured them of his Administration’s determination to ensure the speedy provision of platforms and equipment they require to win the war against terrorism and meet their long term needs.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/09/12/boko-haram-buhari-lauds-armed-forces-warns-that-human-rights-abuses-will-be-punished/

4 Likes

Re: Buhari To Kickstart Punishment Of The Armed Forces For Violating Human Rights by Nobody: 12:45pm On Sep 12, 2015
Good one Mr President.

GOD bless you and your amiable Vice

GOD bless Nigeria.

We are in safe hands.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari To Kickstart Punishment Of The Armed Forces For Violating Human Rights by nobilie: 12:54pm On Sep 12, 2015
Seen. A lot unvailing.
Re: Buhari To Kickstart Punishment Of The Armed Forces For Violating Human Rights by Mogidi: 12:55pm On Sep 12, 2015
I wanted to ask whose side is Buhari on, but I guess most of us already know. Boko haram would gain more from this than anybody.
Very soon Buhari is going to make it illegal to shoot Boko haram members in case it violates their human rights?

Buhari's election victory was god sent to boko haram movement.

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari To Kickstart Punishment Of The Armed Forces For Violating Human Rights by henribj(m): 12:55pm On Sep 12, 2015
good, lets see if this will truly be enforced.. starting with that soldier wey shoot some drivers at a lorry loading point somewhere in Lagos.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Kickstart Punishment Of The Armed Forces For Violating Human Rights by Nobody: 12:56pm On Sep 12, 2015
At least all those unnecessary purnishment by the military should stop.

Lalasticlala

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Kickstart Punishment Of The Armed Forces For Violating Human Rights by macolino(m): 12:59pm On Sep 12, 2015
And stop our police from taking 20 naira at every junction

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Kickstart Punishment Of The Armed Forces For Violating Human Rights by omenka(m): 12:59pm On Sep 12, 2015
Mogidi:
I wanted to ask whose side is Buhari on, but I guess most of us already know.

Na wa oo. Abeg who understand wetin dis man dey try yarn here??

@Post: Baba, keep coasting with your fundamental reforms, we will always stand firmly behind you. God bless you sir.

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari To Kickstart Punishment Of The Armed Forces For Violating Human Rights by Seuncoded(f): 1:03pm On Sep 12, 2015
Let Roll Guys
Re: Buhari To Kickstart Punishment Of The Armed Forces For Violating Human Rights by Mogidi: 1:08pm On Sep 12, 2015
omenka:
Na wa oo. Abeg who understand wetin dis man dey try yarn here??

@Post: Baba, keep coasting with your fundamental reforms, we will always stand firmly behind you. God bless you sir.

Here debating while your people are being used as cannon fodder by the Hausas.

I laff in kanfanchan

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari To Kickstart Punishment Of The Armed Forces For Violating Human Rights by Nobody: 1:20pm On Sep 12, 2015
E nor easy.

Who's gonna do something about those military men who slap and beat up civilians at the slightest provocation
Re: Buhari To Kickstart Punishment Of The Armed Forces For Violating Human Rights by kenedy175(m): 1:22pm On Sep 12, 2015
Nice one from baba. But still wondering why he recalled dismissed soldiers. Where is that done?

This government Sha!

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Kickstart Punishment Of The Armed Forces For Violating Human Rights by nayoubiko: 1:22pm On Sep 12, 2015
ok na
Re: Buhari To Kickstart Punishment Of The Armed Forces For Violating Human Rights by fuadnero(m): 1:23pm On Sep 12, 2015
For naija?

Make we see
Re: Buhari To Kickstart Punishment Of The Armed Forces For Violating Human Rights by omenka(m): 1:24pm On Sep 12, 2015
Mogidi:

I laff in kanfanchan
And how does my people being used as cannon fodder affect your miserable life

You sound a lot more intelligent when your fingers are not pushing buttons on that keyboard honestly.

27 Likes

Re: Buhari To Kickstart Punishment Of The Armed Forces For Violating Human Rights by GabrielSuswam(m): 1:25pm On Sep 12, 2015
Exactly
Re: Buhari To Kickstart Punishment Of The Armed Forces For Violating Human Rights by Nobody: 1:26pm On Sep 12, 2015
[s]
Mogidi:
I wanted to ask whose side is Buhari on, but I guess most of us already know. Boko haram would gain more from this than anybody.
Very soon Buhari is going to make it illegal to shoot Boko haram members in case it violates their human rights?

[/s]

You fvcktards bore me

29 Likes

Re: Buhari To Kickstart Punishment Of The Armed Forces For Violating Human Rights by ibkgab001: 1:26pm On Sep 12, 2015
Cool uncle Buhari

An igbo man had an accident wit his new
BMW X6, he called a police officer and said"
this man just came smashed off the door of
my BMW! My 6Million car is now condemned"
The police officer shakes his head in
amazement and said, "U igbo's are so
materialistic, u didn't even realize that your
hand has been cut off." The igbo man looks at
his amputated hand and screams:
"chinekeme !!.. Where is my Rolex?

Have a splendid weekend!!!

4 Likes

Re: Buhari To Kickstart Punishment Of The Armed Forces For Violating Human Rights by M4gunners: 1:26pm On Sep 12, 2015
In the south only as usual.
Re: Buhari To Kickstart Punishment Of The Armed Forces For Violating Human Rights by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 1:27pm On Sep 12, 2015
The wailers will soon storm this thread to claim such an act will dampen the morale of our troops, but ride on baba, we that are with you are more than those against you

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Kickstart Punishment Of The Armed Forces For Violating Human Rights by oguash: 1:27pm On Sep 12, 2015
Idiot I wanted to ask whose side is Buhari on, but I guess most of us already know. Boko haram would gain more from this than anybody.

Buhari's election victory was god sent to boko haram movement.[/quote]
Re: Buhari To Kickstart Punishment Of The Armed Forces For Violating Human Rights by shizzy7(f): 1:27pm On Sep 12, 2015
Seconded
please upload picture AND videos when the punishment begins
Re: Buhari To Kickstart Punishment Of The Armed Forces For Violating Human Rights by kennyman2000(m): 1:29pm On Sep 12, 2015
Good..
Re: Buhari To Kickstart Punishment Of The Armed Forces For Violating Human Rights by damyzino(m): 1:29pm On Sep 12, 2015
Mogidi:

even if jesus is the president of nigeria u will never be satisfied ....u will always remain the wailers undecided

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Kickstart Punishment Of The Armed Forces For Violating Human Rights by okotv(m): 1:30pm On Sep 12, 2015
67 regular course. Hope you are reading ?

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Kickstart Punishment Of The Armed Forces For Violating Human Rights by shizzy7(f): 1:30pm On Sep 12, 2015
oguash:
Idiot I wanted to ask whose side is Buhari on, but I guess most of us already know. Boko haram would gain more from this than anybody.

**AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL said NA is Maltreating BH suspects --- YOU TALK SHIIT

**NA releases BH Suspects --- YOU TALK SHIIT

**NOW they want to punish the guilty officers --- YOU'RE STILL SAYING SHIIT

YOU'RE FULL OF EXPENSIVE SHIIT

14 Likes

Re: Buhari To Kickstart Punishment Of The Armed Forces For Violating Human Rights by Nobody: 1:31pm On Sep 12, 2015
Mogidi:

I laff in kanfanchan

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Kickstart Punishment Of The Armed Forces For Violating Human Rights by 5starmilitant: 1:32pm On Sep 12, 2015
Buhari punish those security men that shot and killed those MASSOB/IPOB members first, or you're still a joke

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Kickstart Punishment Of The Armed Forces For Violating Human Rights by christejames(m): 1:32pm On Sep 12, 2015
Mbughari and future impossible tenses are like okpa and custard... E.g. Will, to, would, want to et al... We are in for the worst!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Kickstart Punishment Of The Armed Forces For Violating Human Rights by Nobody: 1:32pm On Sep 12, 2015
Not particularly impressed. How does he hope to accomplish it?
1)how will human right abuses be reported?
2)which body would be responsible for receiving such report?
3)who would investigate and how will investigations be done?
4)what are the laid down rules of engagement between civilians and members of the armed forces?

Buhari should tackle these issues properly before making assurances

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Kickstart Punishment Of The Armed Forces For Violating Human Rights by chiedu7: 1:33pm On Sep 12, 2015
[size=14pt]General Boko Hari who Boko Haram named as their representative wants to exact revenge on those who stopped Boko Haram members from murdering people.

If you remember well Boko Haram named GMB as their intermediary and GMB asked to stop killing Boko Haram members.
But He never asked Boko Haram to stop murdering.
[/size]

Former Head of Military Ruler and Chieftain of the Congress for Progressive Change, CPC, Major General Muhammadu Buhari has asked the Federal Government to stop the clampdown of Boko Haram insurgents, saying Niger Delta Militants were never killed or properties belonging to them destroyed.

Buhari who spoke on Sunday on a Liberty Radio programme, Guest of the Week monitored said accused the government of killing and destroying houses belonging to Boko Haram members while the Niger Delta militants get special treatment.

The former dictator said that unlike the special treatment given to the Niger Delta militants by the federal government, the Boko Haram members were being killed and their houses demolished by government.

READ MORE IN LINK

http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/stop-killing-boko-haram-members-buhari-tells-fg/
Share On:

[size=14pt]
Then this same GMB once he got into office asked the Army to stop manning check points so that Boko Haram can freely move around and murder.
[/size]

President Muhammadu Buhari on Monday ordered the removal of all military checkpoints set up in the wake of Boko Haram activities across the country.

“The President had instructed the Chief of Defence Staff to get the Chief of Army Staff and Inspector-General of Police to remove all the military men along the roads across the country,” he said.

MORE IN LINK

http://www.punchng.com/news/buhari-orders-removal-of-military-checkpoints-nationwide/
[size=14pt]
Then only last week GMB's govt ordered the release and rewarding of Boko Haram suspects
[/size]

[img]http://i1.wp.com/ynaija.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/suspects3.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=640%2C423[/img]

[img]http://i1.wp.com/ynaija.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/suspects6.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=640%2C423[/img]

The Nigerian Army on Wednesday released 128 detainees after certifying that they had no link with the Boko Haram terrorists group in Borno.

The Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Lt.-Gen. Tukur Buratai handed over the detainees to Gov. Kashim Shettima at a ceremony in Maiduguri.

He said that the detainees included 109 men, seven women, 11 boys and one unattached teenager.

He said that they were arrested at different parts of the state by the military in its anti-terrorism campaign.

[img]http://i0.wp.com/ynaija.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/suspects1.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=640%2C423[/img]

Buratai said that after thorough screening by a team of military intelligence officers, the police and the Department of State Security Service (DSS), the suspects were found to be clean and were released.

“The task of Operation Lafiya Dole can be seen in three terms – to defeat the insurgents, to facilitate humanitarian activities and observe human right and restore the administrative functions in the liberated area.
Continued in link below
http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/09/military-frees-128-detainees-in-borno/

[size=13pt]
UNA DON PUT BOKO HARAM INTERMEDIARY AS UNA PRESIDENT!

CHANGE UNA CALL AM?

NA LAFF WE DEY LAFF UNA ALL!

[/size]
[img]http://i./Fn7q3cMgPZmqk.gif[/img]

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Kickstart Punishment Of The Armed Forces For Violating Human Rights by tucky200(m): 1:33pm On Sep 12, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Absent As Co-Defendants Arrive Court / Amaechi Signs Agreement With CCECC For Implementation Of Lagos/kaduna Rail Line / Sani Abacha's 78th Posthumous Birthday Is Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.