Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,678 members, 7,816,780 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. - Business (127) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. (387903 Views)

7 Must-have Qualities If You Want To Succeed In Any Online Business / 7 Ultimate Ways To Succeed In Your Online Business!!!!! / Withdraw From Fiverr, Paypal, Upwork, Freelancer, Elance, With Confidence. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (190) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by preciousnobel(m): 5:18pm On Jan 07, 2018
Cripstwick:

What's your WhatsApp number?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by ambrosini593(m): 6:28pm On Jan 07, 2018
Cripstwick:

What's your WhatsApp number?
please add me. 08030973195
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by ossy7881: 2:13pm On Jan 08, 2018
How will i know if my account as been approved.. please help
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by benebaby77: 7:21pm On Jan 08, 2018
ossy7881:
How will i know if my account as been approved.. please help

You will get a message from Upwork to that effect....
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by stlarry001(m): 7:39pm On Jan 08, 2018
Good day all. I opened upwork some months back but I have not done any work there until yesterday when I read a testimony on how someone got out from being broke to self reliant. I tried getting my password back and bidded for a job and luckily I got it. I did the work perfectly for the client and he paid me the agreed fee of 50 dollars with even a bonus of 5 dollars but the issue is that I can see the money reflect. My questions now
1. How long will it take for it to reflect
2. What is the minimum withdrawal
3. I went for direct bank transfer but I was asked for tax clearance and company name, what should I input
4. I have not gotten any other work again, what should I do to get more jobs.
Thanks and God bless
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Coderific: 8:04pm On Jan 08, 2018
Wish you more strength in Jesus name. Wondering if you have any jobs available. You won't be disappointed. I'm available.

topsquino:
Happy new year to everyone.

I'm highly elated to be a member of this thread. I have learned a lot from everyone. For those who need my advice, I'm ready to answer all your questions this week . To Karisbright, diamondbright, mcphuture, and others, apologies for not replying your messages. I was critically I'll for about 3 months.

If you think I'm owing you any amount, kindly notify me. To those who I offended last year, I'm very sorry. To err is human. I'm not perfect. I have learned from all my foibles.

My advice to the ambitious writers who want to earn more than $2500/month (it's possible) this year is simple.

Be honest with your clients.

Give them the best service.

Brand your writing service (have you ever considered giving your clients a customized receipt after submitting their projects).

Be very professional. This includes being reliable and meeting deadlines.

Focus more on quality, not quantity.

Hone your skills. Dedicate a swath of your time upgrading your skills.

Wishing everyone the best this new year.

Regards

Topsquino

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Zdoh(m): 4:49pm On Jan 09, 2018
Zidohexchange is always available for all you instant exchange to Naira and dollars.

Bring all your Freelancer/Blogging work funds

Such as:

PAYONEER

SKRILL

NETELLER

BITCOIN

PAYPAL

Instant Payment guarantee:

Call/WhatsApp : 08088759163.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by jozzee1(m): 5:23pm On Jan 09, 2018
Please help me out. Upwork is not accepting my skills no matter how many times I tried. I've opened my account since September 2017, but they wont accept my skills. I have followed the suggestions here concerning some skill they may accept, but non worked. I need someone to help me out. THANKS.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by nkhay(f): 8:26pm On Jan 09, 2018
$5000 Payoneer needed daily!!

Contact me now for swift deal @JUICY RATE

Click WhatsApp link below
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by FxTizzle(m): 10:46pm On Jan 09, 2018
From posting of useful tips to the exchanging of funds at juicy rate, FIVERR WhatsApp group members can confidently regard 2017 as a year with wonderful experiences

To start the year 2018 in the best possible way, we will love to honor two group members who made the year much exciting for FREELANCERS in 2017.They contributed to the development of the group and also impact on many lives.No wonder almost all FIVERR group members acknowledged their presence and honor them with awards of BEST FREELANCER OF THE YEAR & EXCHANGER OF THE YEAR.
JUSTIN ONYEMA absolutely dominated the group in 2017 with loads of insightful tips.Of course, he doesn’t only post messages to the group, he also mentored some group members.Justin writes from experience and was strategic in all his actions –maybe that was a reason he references his field of study(STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT) most times. If you’ve never seen his contribution here, we dare you to give it a try on FIVERR GROUP or check some of his unique articles on www.invinciblewriter.com. Odds are you’ll be glad to have joined the group /visited that link to learn from his wealth of experience.

EGONNE1 may be saddled with lots of responsibility in the previous year, but that doesn’t mean she’s is too busy to run a smooth and reliable exchange service in the year 2017.Let this fact sink in for a second: EGONNE is one of the best exchangers out there. That responsive customer service is worthy to mention here. Unlike some exchangers, this pretty woman responds to clients request immediately and complete transaction without any delay.If there will be any delay, that would emanate from situations that are beyond her control.Honestly, we are convinced that she will do better this year.Choosing a reliable exchanger can be difficult, with a certain percentage of them engaging in fraudulent transactions every day.Considering her last year performance, EGONNE1 SERVICE IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED FOR THOSE SEEKING SAFE EXCHANGE SERVICES.
Follow this link to contact her.
https://www.nairaland.com/search?q=egonne1&search=Search

To join FIVERR group, contact me via my signature.You can as well contact Jtvinci and Egonne1

THANKS
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by softwareplus: 9:41am On Jan 10, 2018
Has anyone here made any withdrawals lately from upwork via the direct local bank method? the current exchange rate is highly ridiculous. i dont even know what to say right now
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by softwareplus: 9:55am On Jan 10, 2018
marvelouso:
inspiring but would love to ask if your upwork account is US based or Nigerian

i keep it real, forget that US based account thing, as long as you have the right skill to sell i dont see any reason why you should fake your location, the funny thing is that majority of freelancers are not even americans, Being from US does not in any way give you an edge(in my own niche), you stand a better chance as an asian (especially phillipines, because thats where the majority of upwork freelancers are from).

In conclusion, your location does not count
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by benebaby77: 12:30pm On Jan 10, 2018
softwareplus:
Has anyone here made any withdrawals lately from upwork via the direct local bank method? the current exchange rate is highly ridiculous. i dont even know what to say right now

Yes, I did....

0.8006NGN/$

I had informed them sha.... And they have been bombarding me with message since......
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by benebaby77: 12:42pm On Jan 10, 2018
softwareplus:

i keep it real, forget that US based account thing, as long as you have the right skill to sell i dont see any reason why you should fake your location, the funny thing is that majority of freelancers are not even americans, Being from US does not in any way give you an edge(in my own niche), you stand a better chance as an asian (especially phillipines, because thats where the majority of upwork freelancers are from).

I quite disagree with that. Locations really count.
But one just has be honest with what one is doing.

Large percentage of freelancers come from third world countries and very few from first world countries. Most first world clients only come online to seek cheap labours or want third world country freelancer to slave away for them.

Having a US location on one's profile will bring in more projects, winning more bid, and more importantly command higher price.

But the prospective or existing freelancers don't have to lie about location before making it on a freelancing platform. With right set of skills and experience, one can compete with almost any freelancers in the market place in one's chosen niches.

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by softwareplus: 12:52pm On Jan 10, 2018
benebaby77:

Yes, I did....

0.8006NGN/$

I had informed them sha.... And they have been bombarding me with message since......

THEY BETTER DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT BECAUSE ITS NOT FUNNY, WOULDYOU BELIEVE THAT I WITHDREW $719.01 THIS MORNINGONLY TO GET AN ALERT OF N517. I JUST WAN DIE FOR HERE, WHEN I WAS EXPECTING 238K THERE ABOUT
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by softwareplus: 12:57pm On Jan 10, 2018
benebaby77:

Large percentage of freelancers come from third world countries and very few from first world countries. Most first world clients only come online to seek cheap labours or want third world country freelancer to slave away for them.

Having a US location on one's profile will bring in more projects, winning more bid, and more importantly command higher price.

But the prospective or existing freelancers don't have to lie about location before making it on a freelancing platform. With right set of skills and experience, one can compete with almost any freelancers in the market place in one's chosen niches.

ONE THING IS SURE TO HAPPEN WHEN YOU FAKE LOCATION, IT WILL SURELY CATCH UP ON YOU SOMEDAY, ONE DAY YOU WILL LOOSE GUARD AND FORGET YOURSELF, AND DISCREPANCIES ARE LIKELY TO OCCUR IN YOUR TRANSACTIONS. ITS NOT SO NECESSARY AND DOES NOT LARGELY DETERMINE YOUR SUCCESS IN THE UPWORK MARKETPLACE. SEE MY PROFILE https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0172f23ddad0a8e9c6
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by softwareplus: 1:01pm On Jan 10, 2018
benebaby77:

IT ALSO DEPENDS ON YOUR NICHE, AMERICANS ARE NOT THE MOST SOUGHT AFTER FREELANCERS IN MY NICHE 'ENGINEERING & ARCHITECTURE'. MAYBE ITS DIFFERENT IN YOUR CATEGORY.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by marvelouso: 1:11pm On Jan 10, 2018
softwareplus:

thank you sir I'm saying i opened an US account and i've done few jobs on an Architectural Niche there but i'm having issues withdrawing my money........... don't know the means of withdrawing cos i'M not seeing payoneer as an option
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by softwareplus: 1:24pm On Jan 10, 2018
marvelouso:

thank you sir I'm saying i opened an US account and i've done few jobs on an Architectural Niche there but i'm having issues withdrawing my money........... don't know the means of withdrawing cos i'M not seeing payoneer as an option

YOU SEE WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT, DISCREPANCIES LEADING TO PAYMENT ISSUES.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by softwareplus: 1:25pm On Jan 10, 2018
marvelouso:

UPWORK PROVIDES VERY SPECIAL OFFERS AND BENEFITS FOR AMERICANS BEING ITS HOME COUNTRY, SO IT WILL BE DIFFICULT FOR YOU TO FAKE IT USING AN AMERICAN PROFILE, THINGS WONT JUST WORK FOR YOU.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by softwareplus: 1:34pm On Jan 10, 2018
softwareplus:

UPWORK PROVIDES VERY SPECIAL OFFERS AND BENEFITS FOR AMERICANS BEING ITS HOME COUNTRY, SO IT WILL BE DIFFICULT FOR YOU TO FAKE IT USING AN AMERICAN PROFILE, THINGS WONT JUST WORK FOR YOU.

YOU NEED TO FIND OUT ON HOW AMERICAN FREELANCERS GET THEIR FUNDS, I ONLY KNOW THAT WITHDRAWAL FEE IS FREE FOR AMERICANS. AND I KNOW THAT YOU MIGHT HAVE TO PROVIDE A US BANK ACCOUNT SINCE YOU DONT SEE PAYONEER AS AN OPTION. OR YOU GET A DOLLAR ACCOUNT, I HEARD OF THAT FROM A FRIEND. IS PAYPAL PART OF THE AVAILABLE OPTIONS?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by softwareplus: 1:35pm On Jan 10, 2018
[quote author=softwareplus post=64065251]

YOU NEED TO FIND OUT ON HOW AMERICAN FREELANCERS GET THEIR FUNDS, I ONLY KNOW THAT WITHDRAWAL FEE IS FREE FOR AMERICANS. AND I KNOW THAT YOU MIGHT HAVE TO PROVIDE A US BANK ACCOUNT SINCE YOU DONT SEE PAYONEER AS AN OPTION. OR YOU GET A DOLLAR ACCOUNT, I HEARD OF THAT FROM A FRIEND. IS PAYPAL PART OF THE AVAILABLE OPTIONS?
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by benebaby77: 3:05pm On Jan 10, 2018
softwareplus:

THEY BETTER DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT BECAUSE ITS NOT FUNNY, WOULDYOU BELIEVE THAT I WITHDREW $719.01 THIS MORNINGONLY TO GET AN ALERT OF N517. I JUST WAN DIE FOR HERE, WHEN I WAS EXPECTING 238K THERE ABOUT

I think they are still on it....

I have been getting messages with respect to that since morning
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by softwareplus: 3:09pm On Jan 10, 2018
benebaby77:

I think they are still on it....

I have been getting messages with respect to that since morning

What kind of messages are you getting, i chatted with one of their customer care agent and they told me to wait that they will notify me of any updates on the issue via email in 24 to 48 hours. This is so ridiculous
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by benebaby77: 3:20pm On Jan 10, 2018
softwareplus:

ONE THING IS SURE TO HAPPEN WHEN YOU FAKE LOCATION, IT WILL SURELY CATCH UP ON YOU SOMEDAY, ONE DAY YOU WILL LOOSE GUARD AND FORGET YOURSELF, AND DISCREPANCIES ARE LIKELY TO OCCUR IN YOUR TRANSACTIONS. ITS NOT SO NECESSARY AND DOES NOT LARGELY DETERMINE YOUR SUCCESS IN THE UPWORK MARKETPLACE. SEE MY PROFILE https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0172f23ddad0a8e9c6

Wow....

You're doing far well on Upwork. But if your location were set to be US, you can make all earnings in one or two months.

I have come across people who charge as high as $125 per hour! It is nearly impossible for any freelancers from third world countries to command such price.

And locations to some extent determine success and Upwork approval.

Note that I don't use different location other than my city in Nigeria and I don't encourage it.

2 Likes

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by stagger: 3:24pm On Jan 10, 2018
marvelouso:

Forget the money. It is gone.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by benebaby77: 3:24pm On Jan 10, 2018
softwareplus:

What kind of messages are you getting, i chatted with one of their customer care agent and they told me to wait that they will notify me of any updates on the issue via email in 24 to 48 hours. This is so ridiculous

The messages I have getting from different Upwork employees were that they are so sorry about that and the matter is being investigated and I would be given update in due time.... And one messaged me that the matter had been escalated.....
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Pavore9: 3:53pm On Jan 10, 2018
stagger:

Forget the money. It is gone.

It is not easy to forget! cheesy
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Durosure(m): 4:09pm On Jan 10, 2018
BRING ALL YOUR PAYONEER, ITUNES, AMAZON gift cards AND BTC we buy at good rates

Bitcoin
Payoneer
Paypal
Yuan
Itunes Gift Cards
Ebay Gift cards
Amazon Gift cards

I buy iTunes gift card from 10usd As high as 250 / usd...
Ebay checkout available, payment on taobao and other Chinese websites are also available.
RMB is available at 55/rmb Bulk buying.

Call/Whatsapp...0 .7 .0. 6 .0 .7. 2. 7 .6 .7 2.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by softwareplus: 6:47pm On Jan 10, 2018
benebaby77:

The messages I have getting from different Upwork employees were that they are so sorry about that and the matter is being investigated and I would be given update in due time.... And one messaged me that the matter had been escalated.....
yes i was told the same thing too, the matter had been escalated to their billing and payments section, i just got another message thanking me for being patient and telling me to be more patient that they are working on it
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by benebaby77: 7:14pm On Jan 10, 2018
softwareplus:
yes i was told the same thing too, the matter had been escalated to their billing and payments section, i just got another message thanking me for being patient and telling me to be more patient that they are working on it

If this could be resolved, which I firmly believe it will get resolved, I think it is possible we request them to increase the usual exchange rate from 332NGN/$ to something like 350 NGN/$....
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by iceprinxy(m): 8:48pm On Jan 10, 2018
benebaby77:

If this could be resolved, which I firmly believe it will get resolved, I think it is possible we request them to increase the usual exchange rate from 332NGN/$ to something like 350 NGN/$....

Lol,
Sha, I don make my first work on upwork worth $60,
I want to ask, how much is the minimum I can withdraw?

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (190) (Reply)

Youwin Business Competition 2013 / Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.