Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,387 members, 7,819,395 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. - Business (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. (388313 Views)

7 Must-have Qualities If You Want To Succeed In Any Online Business / 7 Ultimate Ways To Succeed In Your Online Business!!!!! / Withdraw From Fiverr, Paypal, Upwork, Freelancer, Elance, With Confidence. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (190) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by damzy88: 11:22am On Oct 17, 2015
Hello Everyone,

On the submit proposal page, I cant attach more than one document.Is is like that for everyone?

I need to clarify.

Thanks
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by paschu: 2:39pm On Oct 18, 2015
damzy88:
Hello Everyone,

On the submit proposal page, I cant attach more than one document.Is is like that for everyone?

I need to clarify.

Thanks

Yea, that's normal.

You'd have the chance to send multiple attachments if and when the potential client contacts you or in other words upgrades the communication to active candidacy or actual offer.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by damzy88: 4:20pm On Oct 18, 2015
Thanks
paschu:

Yea, that's normal.

You'd have the chance to send multiple attachments if and when the potential client contacts you or in other words upgrades the communication to active candidacy or actual offer.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by kloverneon(m): 8:31pm On Oct 20, 2015
Can someone please help me out with proposal bid samples. It is not as if I'll copy it but I would like to see it and learn how effective bids look like and also produce one too. After reading a whole lot about the wining bid, I feel empty upstairs whenever I want to bid. Please someone should help me out; just good proposal bid samples...
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by mobiss(m): 9:27am On Oct 21, 2015
Hello House mates,

I just got a "Excel & Google sheet-Data Entry" job on upwork and is worth $400, am so happy about it when I saw the message from the client this morning, never envisaged this will be happening earlier.

The only thing that will cut me off from this job now is that I don't have a Laptop to execute this job now. And I don't want a bad or inciting record for myself on the platform. What do you think I should do?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by kevoh(m): 10:09am On Oct 21, 2015
mobiss:
Hello House mates,

I just got a "Excel & Google sheet-Data Entry" job on upwork and is worth $400, am so happy about it when I saw the message from the client this morning, never envisaged this will be happening earlier.

The only thing that will cut me off from this job now is that I don't have a Laptop to execute this job now. And I don't want a bad or inciting record for myself on the platform. What do you think I should do?
Find someone close to you who has laptop na borrow it with the intention of sorting the person out once you are paid or contact moi, I will do the job for you for 35% of your $400.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by mobiss(m): 10:11am On Oct 21, 2015
Hello Guys,

mobiss:
Hello House mates,

Sequel to my response, should I message the client and try managing him?

For the "Doubting Thomas" in the house.
This is the proposal that got me the job.

Honestly, I was exactly waiting for this type of job to come my way.
And now that is here I am giving my best out to secure this job, how?

I know you need lowest bidder to get this job done; that's not enough to get what you want, because I surely know that a low paid job bring out nothing but low morale or workforce. Nevertheless, as a newbie am so much more confident of my job quality and prompt delivery that's why am bidding at the stated rate. Consider my bid as your best option, because of how far I will go on getting things done the way you want.

Cutting to the chase on this job, I have the Excel expertise needed for this kind of job, and not only limited to expertise alone, time, confidentiality and reliability service skills are what will speak for me by the time am through with it.

Reason why i am bent on having this job is not far fetched from the fact that I want it to be my first professional job on this platform,and with this am ready to put in all my energy, my effort and best to get it done as highly required by you.

Nothing will speak volume of me than my attitude to this job, if am hired.

You can take your time to go through my profile as it's well detailed on what I have to offer.

Am open up for interview as soon as you make your decision.

Thanks

Can't say more than this,all thanks to OP in person of Victor101 and other contributors. Gracias! Thanks! Merci! Danke! Grazie!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by fxbot: 10:56am On Oct 21, 2015
mobiss:
Hello House mates,

mobis' you know the guru im domain thread right? I am he. PM me let me help you,
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by fxbot: 11:02am On Oct 21, 2015
BTW, can you tell me the volume of the job? Is it something that can be finished within a week or less?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by fxbot: 11:04am On Oct 21, 2015
kevoh:

Find someone close to you who has laptop na borrow it with the intention of sorting the person out once you are paid or contact moi, I will do the job for you for 35% of your $400.
kai,,, bros, u for kukuma collect 50 or 60 percent na. Someone says he has no laptop, canzçt you at least help him so he can get a laptop of his own? You are being myopic. I don't mean to insult u o.

mobiss just PM me or drop ur email.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by kevoh(m): 11:21am On Oct 21, 2015
fxbot:
kai,,, bros, u for kukuma collect 50 or 60 percent na. Someone says he has no laptop, canzçt you at least help him so he can get a laptop of his own? You are being myopic. I don't mean to insult u o.

mobiss just PM me or drop ur email.
You are the one that is atcually myopic all in a haste to make a comment.
Point 1. You somehow missed the first part of my advice and most important one, where I told him to borrow laptop from somone close to him and SORT the person once he is paid. Which is actually the most likely option, I would take to get the job done to my satisfaction

Point 2. A data entry job of $400 not $4 is definitely going to be a heavy and time consuming job. So I should do it free because he has no laptop? Waste my time, energy and fuel for $0. Are you thinking this right or you are just commenting to paint me bad in front of him, so he contacts you instead? You don't have to answer that question.

10 Likes

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by mobiss(m): 12:16pm On Oct 21, 2015
Alright Housemates,

Let's not tie ourselves in confrontations and conflicts over this issue, I am beginning to fine tune the ideas for scaling the hurdles of not having a system. By weekend am good to go. Thanks for your support.

Just don't know what to tell my client, that I will be starting by Saturday. As he wants me to start immediately and am yet to reply his hiring message.

Needs suggestions on how to manage him till Saturday.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by fxbot: 12:56pm On Oct 21, 2015
kevoh:

You are the one that is atcually myopic all in a haste to make a comment.
Point 1. You somehow missed the first part of my advice and most important one, where I told him to borrow laptop from somone close to him and SORT the person once he is paid. Which is actually the most likely option, I would take to get the job done to my satisfaction

Point 2. A data entry job of $400 not $4 is definitely going to be a heavy and time consuming job. So I should do it free because he has no laptop? Waste my time, energy and fuel for $0. Are you thinking this right or you are just commenting to paint me bad in front of him, so he contacts you instead? You don't have to answer that question.
okay. No wahala. I think you have a point. So mobiss, use the first option.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by fxbot: 12:58pm On Oct 21, 2015
mobiss:
Alright Housemates,

Let's not tie ourselves in confrontations and conflicts over this issue, I am beginning to fine tune the ideas for scaling the hurdles of not having a system. By weekend am good to go. Thanks for your support.

Just don't know what to tell my client, that I will be starting by Saturday. As he wants me to start immediately and am yet to reply his hiring message.

Needs suggestions on how to manage him till Saturday.
look for someone and beg him to use his laptop but agree to pay for his next data subscription for one month.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by acevic: 9:20pm On Oct 21, 2015
01ghostmode:

okay.
thanks 4d reply.
Elance- akerelev
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by akagson: 12:06pm On Oct 22, 2015
akagson:
So that means I'm to use my real photo as profile picture?
OK
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by fxbot: 2:35pm On Oct 22, 2015
Hello,

I just laid my hands one a book from a pro freelancer. The difference between this guy and others is that he does not like bidding for work at places like Upwork.com or freelancer and he make hefty monthly paycheck. I had to buy the book because really some jobs at content mills are laughable with pitiable pay after huge work.

If you will like to have this book as a writer, please I can only sell to a few persons and will stop after I recoup my investment. It's not cheap. I also have access to over 100 sites that pay $50 and above for 1000-1500 article. Before anyone here crucify me (an art the average Nigerian is very good at), note I am trying to help and I can as well keep quiet about it while the information is silently making me money because to be sincere, the big freelance earners are not found at Upwork or freelancer. They have their way around it which I had been wondering how for awhile and that was why I bought this guide.

If anyone is interested, just send me a PM. 5 persons is enough and I wont go beyond that number in order not to spoil things. cost is 3k.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by fxbot: 2:53pm On Oct 22, 2015
The above is mainly for writers ONLY
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by gwarangs(m): 11:42am On Oct 23, 2015
I need someone to write a school project (capstone). If you can, contact me on 08025904404
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by 01ghostmode: 1:34pm On Oct 23, 2015
gwarangs:
I need someone to write a school project (capstone). If you can, contact me on 08025904404
On what TOPIC?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by yullah: 7:03am On Oct 24, 2015
Happy weekend to everyone here. Please I just got my Payoneer last week and am to fund the card for a payment. Where and how do I do that?

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by G12(m): 9:45am On Oct 24, 2015
yullah:
Happy weekend to everyone here. Please I just got my Payoneer last week and am to fund the card for a payment. Where and how do I do that?

If you're an online freelancer, just withdraw your earnings into your account and your card will be loaded. Except you wanna use it for a different purpose, you may please contact some exchangers on Nairaland.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by G12(m): 9:53am On Oct 24, 2015
Welcome back to me!

Fiverr is killing me with orders, I have finally settled for outsourcing instead of going on vacation since the orders keep flooding in.

Congrats to those taking actions, just stay focused and deliver a quality service, the big money would come. This is the secret to a successful freelancing career.

Testimony time!
Between last week and now,
I've had over $800 orders on Fiverr.
Praise God!

4 Likes

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Gudiza(m): 1:58pm On Oct 24, 2015
G12:

^^^ what gig if I may ask?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by G12(m): 6:39pm On Oct 24, 2015
Gudiza:

^^^ what gig if I may ask?
Writing
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by victor101(m): 8:01pm On Oct 24, 2015
G12:

Writing
G12 Hi, this tunnel guru vpn isnt connecting today, you hv any idea why? it says (connection reset by peer. pls check correct server and port.)
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by G12(m): 9:57pm On Oct 24, 2015
victor101:

G12 Hi, this tunnel guru vpn isnt connecting today, you hv any idea why? it says (connection reset by peer. pls check correct server and port.)

Been using the android version all day, just used it on my laptop for a short while and it's working for me.

Chat Chris up on WhatsApp, he'll tell you what to do ASAP.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by pocoapoco88: 10:07pm On Oct 24, 2015
G12:
Welcome back to me!

Fiverr is killing me with orders, I have finally settled for outsourcing instead of going on vacation since the orders keep flooding in.

Congrats to those taking actions, just stay focused and deliver a quality service, the big money would come. This is the secret to a successful freelancing career.

Testimony time!
Between last week and now,
I've had over $800 orders on Fiverr.
Praise God!
dats amazing bro,r u on facebook,if yes hw do i add u?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by 01ghostmode: 12:46pm On Oct 25, 2015
hi, guys plz how do I see d number stars on my profile? I jst finished a job for a client but I can't see if d client rated me or not. THANKS.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by mojeed4(m): 8:13pm On Oct 25, 2015
stagger:
The starting point is: what skill do these guys have? If you have no skill you will be earning peanuts!

But if you have real skills, employers will come with thousands of dollars begging you to do their work. I made $50,000 from a Latvian company on Elance in 2013 alone. That company alone paid my rent that year and a jeep I bought.

You have to be on top of the food chain. All this talk about profile building without skills is a waste of time.

I even give 10k, 20k jobs to students because I am too busy now and work with few high paying companies now. There is even a php developer I know based in Lagos who has done more than 700 jobs on freelancer. When u reach that stage jobs will be chasing you, not you chasing $2 per 500 words peanut butter change.

please I wouldn't mind having some of the 10k, 20k jobs you give to students. I am also a student trying to make ends meet. God will bless you as you bless others.
ogungbireadedolapo@gmail.com

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (190) (Reply)

Youwin Business Competition 2013 / Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.