Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,073 members, 7,845,523 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

Cassava Flour Processing - Basic Information - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Cassava Flour Processing - Basic Information (1634 Views)

Cheap Automatic (pneumatic) Presser For Garri/cassva Starch/flour Processing / How To Start Your Bean Flour Processing Company And Make Millions / How Can I Get Plantain Flour Processing Machines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Cassava Flour Processing - Basic Information by wonders(m): 2:10pm On Sep 12, 2015
I have taken time to go through few threads on Cassava Flour and related products. There are huge misconception, wrong calculations (figures) and misinformation about cassava flour and related products. Most people are in one cassava association or the other yet, only few have thorough information about cassava flour processing, locations, buyers, uses, pricing, accurate specifications and so on.

I dedicated the last 9 months (still working) in search of basic information on cassava flour processing to validate most claims in the pages of Newspapers, Nairaland and other social sites. However, the objectives of the research were - type of cassava tubers, pricing of cassava tubers per tonnage, wages for labour, cost of transportation from farm to the factory, types and costs of processing machine (whether fabricated or imported), the packaging, transportation from the factory to Lagos, Ilorin, Calabar and Kano, current cost of cassava flour in the market and so on.

Location: I went to Minna, Nassarawa (Wamba, Lafia and Doma), Cross River (Ogoja), Benue, Akure, Some part of Ogun, Lagos to gather my primary data while secondary data were generated through the media.

To be sure I am a football coach who never played football but teach others what and what not to do, I approached Dangote Flour Mill at Apapa to supply them at least a truck of Cassava Flour (30 tons) to validate the pricing and feasibility of that business. Most people who have gone to the Wharf especially in the recent times will tell how difficult it is to go into the Wharf. To this end, I have end to end information on Cassava Flour Processing.

For basic information on Cassava Flour Processing - lu4@yahoo.com
Re: Cassava Flour Processing - Basic Information by Nobody: 2:46pm On Sep 12, 2015
I may not know the nature of information u were able to gather but from the locations u mentioned that u visited, it is very likely ur knowledge of cassava processing is more of the traditional method. One of the major objectives in cassava processing is to achieve the finest of flour with very high dryness (that is, putting it in a way simple to understand). This has been proven to be an obvious limitation in the traditional method of cassava processing. Traditional in the sense that not all aspects of the processing methods are automated. Therefore a knowledge of the Automated Mobile Processing Unit (AMPU) is very important to claim understanding of cassava processing. The AMPU not only quarantees high percentage of dryness, but also ensures that all tubers are processed within 24 hours of harvest as this is very essential to high quality flour. The AMPU has been deployed in Jalingo and Makurd by the Dutch Agricultural Technology Company (DATCO) may not have been used in any of the places u mentioned.

1 Like

Re: Cassava Flour Processing - Basic Information by wewood8888: 12:53am On Jul 17, 2022
Acsmin starch,the biggest cassava starch plant in Nigeria.

Experienced salesman needed urgently.

0912 362 1881

(1) (Reply)

Nature Essence / . / Between Piggery And Fishery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.