Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,670 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

My Husband And I Tested Hiv Positive Please Help - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband And I Tested Hiv Positive Please Help (25398 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / Angry Wife Exposes Chat Messages Between Her Husband And Other Women!!! / HIV-Positive Woman Arrested For Breastfeeding Neighbour’s Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Husband And I Tested Hiv Positive Please Help by LadyangeA(f): 9:55am On Apr 08, 2009
b]Hello Nairalanders, im in trouble and i need your help, i have been married for 13months now and im 3months pregnant, two days ago my husband came back from the hospital and he tested Hiv positive, i went for my own test and it's also positive. Please im confused the doctor said they will have to put us on anti retroviral drugs so as to sustain our lives and that they will give me some drugs during labour and after birth so that the baby will not be infected. Please what do u think, sometimes i feel like taking my life away i know it will be suicide which is not good but im confused tell me what to do.[/b]
Re: My Husband And I Tested Hiv Positive Please Help by cibilola(f): 10:05am On Apr 08, 2009
will think well and hard about this and get back to you,

if this is indeed real, don't take ur own life, !
Re: My Husband And I Tested Hiv Positive Please Help by Sissy3(f): 10:06am On Apr 08, 2009
i think what the doctor said is your best option. continue taking the anti retroviral drugs, dont miss a day and eat healthy, vegetables, fruits etc, also try not to get stressed out cause it will definitely have an impact on your immune system. you have to make sure your CD4 is above 200.

please dear, taking your life isn't and will never be the answer to the problem, yea, most people go through tough time with such news, but it is not the end of life. remember HIV is not a death sentence, and most people get through it.  don't let it overcome you. you have HIV, HIV doesn't have you (keep that in mind and be strong)  be prayerful, if possible go for counseling. also make sure your husband is also taking his own drugs, especially if you are still intimate with him, cox it serves you no good taking the drugs while he isn't and you still sleep with him.

Best of Luck

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband And I Tested Hiv Positive Please Help by Kx: 10:10am On Apr 08, 2009
Ladyange_A:

two days ago my husband came back from the hospital and he tested Hiv positive, i went for my own test and it's also positive.

This cant be true.
Person wen just know say him get HIV will be 2 lost to even think of using the internet let alone telling d whole world of her hiv status.
Re: My Husband And I Tested Hiv Positive Please Help by vanitty: 10:12am On Apr 08, 2009
Kx:

This cant be true.
Person wen just know say him get HIV will be 2 lost to even think of using the internet let alone telling d whole world of her hiv status.

If you have nothing valuable to say then don't say anything. What do you want her to do kill herself rather than use the internet.

@ poster
follow Sissy's advice

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband And I Tested Hiv Positive Please Help by JJYOU: 10:19am On Apr 08, 2009
pls dont kill yourself. how did u guys come about this?
Re: My Husband And I Tested Hiv Positive Please Help by LadyangeA(f): 10:29am On Apr 08, 2009
Sissy, thanks very much for your advice, im glad you said i have Hiv and Hiv doesn't have me, my dear im so grateful, i will stick to your advice.

As for you not believing me i have nothing to tell you apart from that u are worthless and can't help someone in need.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband And I Tested Hiv Positive Please Help by LadyangeA(f): 10:32am On Apr 08, 2009
JJYOU, i don't know how we came about this, i have have avoided and prevented it all my life but it has still happen, all i need now is solution, i don't want to think of how it came about.
Re: My Husband And I Tested Hiv Positive Please Help by spikedcylinder: 10:38am On Apr 08, 2009
The deed is done, there's nothing you can do to revert it. What you need to think about now is sustaining the life of yourself, husband and unborn baby. I'm not a doctor but I know there are preventive measures that can be put in place to save your baby from catching this disease. Try and do that, start with your medication (very expensive though!) and look forward to a long life.
Sorry. embarassed
Re: My Husband And I Tested Hiv Positive Please Help by reality4us(m): 1:40pm On Apr 08, 2009
Ladyange_A:

b] Please what do u think, sometimes i feel like taking my life away i know it will be suicide which is not good but im confused tell me what to do.[/b]

Do you think that there can never be a cure for HIV. Supposing you kill yourself and two years after a cure for HIV is found.

My advise is for you to follow the adivse of your doctor and I beleive you will surely live to see scientists discover the cure to the virus which you and your husband will benefit from.

1 Like

Re: My Husband And I Tested Hiv Positive Please Help by chrishenzo: 1:56pm On Apr 08, 2009
Hello poster, things might have fallen apart but it doesn't mean the world has come to an end. We are all afraid of AIDS because we know that our days are numbered once we test positive.

What is the essence of taking your life? If you take your life, what difference does it make? Do not be afraid of death rather be afraid to die a sinner.

The most important thing is to live your normal life.There are millions out there who suffer more than you do.You are among the lucky ones. I said you are lucky for the following reasons:-
1. You are already married and you are excepting a baby. Many are in the same situation but they have no family and soon their names will be forgotten in the history of the world. No one to remember them.No generation.
2. Your husband is also positive; that means he won't make life miserable for you. I believe you both are mature to enjoy life to its fullness.
3. You still have the whole time to raise a family, give your children the best education, see the smiles on their faces while they grow up, give them the best of mother's love. They still need you. Please live for the sake of them.

I know a couple who are still alive and it has been more than 11yrs when a doctor broke the news to them. What are secrets. It is nothing but they put smiles on their faces all the time. Eat their healthy foods.Follow adhere to their treatments. And they look so healthy up till this very moment. HIV patients start dying as soon as  worry sets in. Don't allow that be you.

Finally, if you think of committing suicide, I suggest you first take a walk to any general hospital. Look at the sick people around there. Spent at least thirty minutes with them. Then from the hospital, go straight to the mortuary tell the attendant to open the door for you. Just spent about 15minutes watching the immobile men/women/children as they lie as if they were never born.

After that, I believe you will realize the amount of love God have for you.Please never think of suicide again.It pains me even though we don't know each other. Enjoy your life. Everyone has his own problem.So you are not in any trouble. Everyone has always been in trouble from the moment Adam and Eve left the garden of Eden.

8 Likes

Re: My Husband And I Tested Hiv Positive Please Help by LadyangeA(f): 2:12pm On Apr 08, 2009
Chrishenzo thanks alot for those encouraging words, i will never ever think of suicide again. I will live my life as if i have no problem and look after my family, once more im really grateful for your contribution.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband And I Tested Hiv Positive Please Help by oluwdashmi(f): 2:14pm On Apr 08, 2009
~Sissy~:

i think what the doctor said is your best option. continue taking the anti retroviral drugs, dont miss a day and eat healthy, vegetables, fruits etc, also try not to get stressed out cause it will definitely have an impact on your immune system. you have to make sure your CDC is above 200. and depending on high it gets to the average of most normal people, the doctor may take you off it (AR drugs).  

please dear, taking your life isn't and will never be the answer to the problem, yea, most people go through tough time with such news, but it is not the end of life. remember HIV is not a death sentence, and most people get through it.  don't let it overcome you. you have HIV, HIV doesn't have you (keep that in mind and be strong)  be prayerful, if possible go for counseling. also make sure your husband is also taking his own drugs, especially if you are still intimate with him, cox it serves you no good taking the drugs while he isn't and you still sleep with him.

Best of Luck
Good info + avoid mosquito bites cos it aggravates it. Remember to always have your drug close to you anywhere you go and it is most effective when you take it at a consistent time wherever the time meets you. Ensure you take to you doctor's prescriptions and join an NGO where you will get more info and supports from experts. Both of you should never be depressed as a result of the ailment, instead be happy at all times just like before.  

An HIV positive person who takes his drug perfectly is as healthy as an HIV negative person. It doesn't show on the face. HIV is not as deadly as it was initially publicized in Africa, malaria kills faster than it.

Take good care of yourself and husband and care for the baby when it arrives.

1 Like

Re: My Husband And I Tested Hiv Positive Please Help by hotstuff06(f): 2:16pm On Apr 08, 2009
chrishenzo:

Hello poster, things might have fallen apart but it doesn't mean the world has come to an end. We are all afraid of AIDS because we know that our days are numbered once we test positive.

What is the essence of taking your life? If you take your life, what difference does it make? Do not be afraid of death rather be afraid to die a sinner.

The most important thing is to live your normal life.There are millions out there who suffer more than you do.You are among the lucky ones. I said you are lucky for the following reasons:-
1. You are already married and you are excepting a baby. Many are in the same situation but they have no family and soon their names will be forgotten in the history of the world. No one to remember them.No generation.
2. Your husband is also positive; that means he won't make life miserable for you. I believe you both are mature to enjoy life to its fullness.
3. You still have the whole time to raise a family, give your children the best education, see the smiles on their faces while they grow up, give them the best of mother's love. They still need you. Please live for the sake of them.

I know a couple who are still alive and it has been more than 11yrs when a doctor broke the news to them. What are secrets. It is nothing but they put smiles on their faces all the time. Eat their healthy foods.Follow adhere to their treatments. And they look so healthy up till this very moment. HIV patients start dying as soon as worry sets in. Don't allow that be you.

Finally, if you think of committing suicide, I suggest you first take a walk to any general hospital. Look at the sick people around there. Spent at least thirty minutes with them. Then from the hospital, go straight to the mortuary tell the attendant to open the door for you. Just spent about 15minutes watching the immobile men/women/children as they lie as if they were never born.

After that, I believe you will realize the amount of love God have for you.Please never think of suicide again.It pains me even though we don't know each other. Enjoy your life. Everyone has his own problem.So you are not in any trouble. Everyone has always been in trouble from the moment Adam and Eve left the garden of Eden.

Poster sorry u are going through this but need I say more than what was written above. I am not in ur situation but I have my own problems too, this post above jsut summed it up
Re: My Husband And I Tested Hiv Positive Please Help by carnal: 2:18pm On Apr 08, 2009
send me a mail on anjola9ja@yahoo.com, you can include your mobile number if you wish to speak him,
Re: My Husband And I Tested Hiv Positive Please Help by spikedcylinder: 2:35pm On Apr 08, 2009
carnal:

@ladyange_a, i have lived with HIV for more than 9yrs now,I have been married and my daughter who is negative was 4yrs old in march. I married my wife negative and she has remain negative 5yrs after marriage.You don't need to take your life.
send me a mail on anjola9ja@yahoo.com, you can include your mobile number if you wish to speak him,i want to counsel you like i have done for a whole lots of people who have same problem on nairaland.Don't kill yourself,I am living witness.

Awww. . . this is really encouraging. smiley
Re: My Husband And I Tested Hiv Positive Please Help by OKEMKPI: 2:39pm On Apr 08, 2009
Please as far as i am concerned,you have only your faith to see you through.In my church,HIV is CURABLE and i am not boasting.We have a major prophet in the church.Just take a step of faith and call this no 07029428322 and your miracle will begin.You will come back to tell the world the story .bye
Re: My Husband And I Tested Hiv Positive Please Help by MrCrackles(m): 2:42pm On Apr 08, 2009
Ewooo
! shocked shocked sad

1 Like

Re: My Husband And I Tested Hiv Positive Please Help by MrCrackles(m): 2:43pm On Apr 08, 2009
OKEMKPI:

Please as far as i am concerned,you have only your faith to see you through.In my church,HIV is CURABLE and i am not boasting.We have a major prophet in the church.Just take a step of faith and call this no 07029428322 and your miracle will begin.You will come back to tell the world the story .bye

undecided undecided
Re: My Husband And I Tested Hiv Positive Please Help by Cactus(m): 2:46pm On Apr 08, 2009
OKEMKPI:

ah ah ah your church cures HIV? ah ah ah ah ah ah so many people will laugh at you.

However on a serious note, managing your health is the best you can do now. and considering the possibilities for the baby you are carrying nothing much can be done but manage.
Re: My Husband And I Tested Hiv Positive Please Help by StrStruck(f): 2:47pm On Apr 08, 2009
OMG no. . . Be strong, darl.
Re: My Husband And I Tested Hiv Positive Please Help by munagi: 2:47pm On Apr 08, 2009
Dearly beloved,

I read ur story with pity but i want to assure one thing, you will live and be negative again both you and your husband.  All you need to do is this, on Saturday 11th and 12th April, there is a crusade going on at The Lord's Chosen Charismatic Revival Ministries, at No. 10 Odofin Park Estate, Off Ijesha, Apapa Oshodi Expressway, Lagos. Time is 8 a.m. I advice u both come to the crusade with your test results. You will be happy u deed. God of Chosen had healed more dangerous and delicate diseases than HIV. God bless you and don't ever lose hope.
Re: My Husband And I Tested Hiv Positive Please Help by ukbruno(m): 3:01pm On Apr 08, 2009
Taking your life should not be contemplated AT ALL.

Follow the Doctor's instructions as other psoters have recommended and help your husband do same.

Men are usually not very consistent in following prescriptions but women usually do better -- so help him.

And do not carry yourself as if the whole world is on you, there are many living on them drugs and doing well ,

Besides all that endeavor to draw closer to God than ever before ,  God can do all things ,  You may also want to

attend the program I have herewith attached its invitation bill. Ask for a location near you.

[img][/img]

Re: My Husband And I Tested Hiv Positive Please Help by kay9(m): 3:02pm On Apr 08, 2009
Hope springs eternal.
Re: My Husband And I Tested Hiv Positive Please Help by alex406(m): 3:04pm On Apr 08, 2009
smiley
Infact i dont know what to say.
Re: My Husband And I Tested Hiv Positive Please Help by kingville(m): 3:08pm On Apr 08, 2009
HELLO

I WANT TO LET U KNW THAT HIV IS NOT THE END OF YOUR LIFE
AND DONT BOTHER OR THINK OF TAKING YOUR LIFE BECAUSE ITS
ITS NOT WORTH .

NOW CALL ME I WILL BOOK A DATE WITH REV CHRIS SO THAT U CAN GET
HEALED , WORST CASE HAVE BEEN HEALED AND WUD URS BE DIFFERENT,
PLEASE DONT TAKE UR LIFE JUST SEND ME AN EMAIL
FEELKC.DANIEL@GMAIL.COM
CALL ME 2347034696655
SO U CAN GO FOR HEALING SCHOOL AND BE FREE WITH UR FAMILY OK
GOD STILLS LOVES
Re: My Husband And I Tested Hiv Positive Please Help by luvinhubby(m): 3:20pm On Apr 08, 2009
By God`s grace, we`ve laid hands on a woman with full blown aids and prayed over her and she was completely healed by God. My three old daughter, after birth, had some spinal infetion that left her with Celebral plasy, unable to sit, crawl, stand,walk, handle things and talk. We prayed in Jesus name, and God healed her, today, she is standing, walking, talking and goes to school. Choose the report you will believe, either God`s report in Isaiah 53 or the medical report. Our God can do all things. Believe it, John 14:19, "because Jesus lives, you can live"

1 Like

Re: My Husband And I Tested Hiv Positive Please Help by luvinhubby(m): 3:25pm On Apr 08, 2009
OKEMKPI:

okemkpi, don`t divert attention from God to your so-called "major prophet" you are what you are called, he-goat

2 Likes

Re: My Husband And I Tested Hiv Positive Please Help by ohaechesi(m): 3:25pm On Apr 08, 2009
why would you say or even thing of suicide? come on, alot out there are in the same trauma. it all depend on how you see it. be informed that HIV is not a death sentence, not and never rather it gets worst eventually when you believe that that is the end of the world. come on woman, take a walk from your agony. at all time, think and aim and pursue your goals in life. it does not limit you from any thing, time has gone when people get them selfs killed for nothing. If i'm permissible to say this, the worst disease is poverty. you dare not let poverty catch up with you or else, you are a goner. my dear, continue with your life, you need lots of fruits and vegetable and relaxed mind ok. remember,  alot of people out there are in the same shoes with you, never you think or have the believe that you are all alone, you are thereby given the disease room to strike
Re: My Husband And I Tested Hiv Positive Please Help by naijaking1: 3:28pm On Apr 08, 2009
@Poster
Kill yourself? Definitely not! Rememebr Magic Johnson? He has lived for more than 20 years with HIV, and he doen't even show any symptoms. Focus your energy on staying healthy, birthing your baby, and raising him/her to old age.
Re: My Husband And I Tested Hiv Positive Please Help by hollandis(f): 3:44pm On Apr 08, 2009
My own question is
"who contracted the HIV first"?

1 Like

Re: My Husband And I Tested Hiv Positive Please Help by elsirich: 3:51pm On Apr 08, 2009
@poster,

HIV is not a death sentence and i will suggest you listen to Kingville and go to the healing school of Christembassy and have pastor Chris pray for you and your husband whenever there is a healing session. You can go to any of the branches if you reside in Lagos or you log to there website @ www.healingschool.org or you go to www.enterthehealingschool.org i can tell you this because i have witnessed great miracles and have seen living testimonies yours is not going to be  different if you have faith.

Note: what they do at the healing school is to motivate the students to expectant and ready to receive their miracles when the man of God comes to pray for them. This means that they help them build their faith and teach them what miracle is all about.I can tell you, if you and your hubby haveand put your  faith to work, your testimony is definitely sure.

God bless you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. / Mother Drowns Her 9-year-old Son For Having A Small Joystick / Woman Births Triplet After 19Years Of Marriage | Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.