Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,569 members, 7,816,400 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

Paying Tithe As A Student - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Paying Tithe As A Student (1000 Views)

Motorist Uses "I Tithe" As Car Number Plate (Photo) / Is It Compulsory For Me To Pay Tithe As A Student From My Small Allowance? / Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Paying Tithe As A Student by MrCEO69(m): 12:49am On Sep 13, 2015
Goodevening my fellow brethren in the Lord, as we all know, paying tithe has been and will still be an issue in our churches. I believe in paying tithe personally, because Jesus didn't condemned it neither did he advocate for it that much, but he talked about, in which he said its would have been better for the Jews Leaders to have more love and not forsaking paying the tithe.
So..... my problem now is : As a student, who isn't working, and depend on his/her parent or guardian for everything. How is he suppose to pay his/her tithe, noting that: "the student dose not lie to his/her sponsor, which means the student have to calculate what he/she needs and tell them the exact amount that is needed for that stuff" does it mean that the student v to manage the money sent to him if the sponsor respond with same amount given to him by the ward, so as to pay his/her tithe.
Also paying tithe isn't some kinda offering but a calculated stuff 10%, which means if u pay less it count as nothing.
Am asking these because i asked my bro for 20k, for my food stuff, which also include other things, cos i move into a new place, i bought the food stuff nd sm items with the 20k which was sent to me with no extra coins on it.. So the money i v with me now, is now less than 20k.
Should i pay a tithe of 2k or a tithe of the remaining balance which have?

NOTE:
If u dnt believe in tithe pls u dnt have to comment!

Pls am schooling in Ghana nd 20k isn't that much here. Dnt compare it with Nigeria.

Garcia!!!
Re: Paying Tithe As A Student by DrLee(m): 1:04am On Sep 13, 2015
pay tithe on the 20k as that is your income/increase. you know GOD will always provide.
Re: Paying Tithe As A Student by raayah(f): 1:05am On Sep 13, 2015
MrCEO69:
Goodevening my fellow brethren in the Lord, as we all know, paying tithe has been and will still be an issue in our churches. I believe in paying tithe personally, because Jesus didn't condemned it neither did he advocate for it that much, but he talked about, in which he said its would have been better for the Jews Leaders to have more love and not forsaking paying the tithe.
So..... my problem now is : As a student, who isn't working, and depend on his/her parent or guardian for everything. How is he suppose to pay his/her tithe, noting that: "the student dose not lie to his/her sponsor, which means the student have to calculate what he/she needs and tell them the exact amount that is needed for that stuff" does it mean that the student v to manage the money sent to him if the sponsor respond with same amount given to him by the ward, so as to pay his/her tithe.
Also paying tithe isn't some kinda offering but a calculated stuff 10%, which means if u pay less it count as nothing.
Am asking these because i asked my bro for 20k, for my food stuff, which also include other things, cos i move into a new place, i bought the food stuff nd sm items with the 20k which was sent to me with no extra coins on it.. So the money i v with me now, is now less than 20k.

NOTE:

Pls am schooling in Ghana nd 20k isn't that much here. Dnt compare it with Nigeria.

Garcia!!!

I paid tithe while I was a student. It was usually 10 percent of my pocket money.
It did not affect my life positively or negatively,

1 Like

Re: Paying Tithe As A Student by MrCEO69(m): 1:39am On Sep 13, 2015
DrLee:
pay tithe on the 20k as that is your income/increase. you know GOD will always provide.

Thanks bro, but do u mean that, if i want to buy smth which is worth 5k, and i den ask for the money from my parent, and was giving, that i should den give #500 as my tithe, cos it was an increase? Which means i v to look for another #500 to complete my money for the stuff.
Re: Paying Tithe As A Student by HireKiller(m): 1:39am On Sep 13, 2015
raayah:

I paid tithe while I was a student. It was usually 10 percent of my income.

Would have paid tithe as a student if you weren't working? That is pay from the money you were given.

Funny op. You want to pay tithe from spending's change.

1 Like

Re: Paying Tithe As A Student by raayah(f): 1:43am On Sep 13, 2015
HireKiller:

Would have paid tithe as a student if you weren't working? That is pay from the money you were given.

The church said we had to pay tithe from any money we had
Re: Paying Tithe As A Student by HireKiller(m): 1:43am On Sep 13, 2015
MrCEO69:

Thanks bro, but do u mean that, if i want to buy smth which is worth 5k, and i den ask for the money from my parent, and was giving, that i should den give #500 as my tithe, cos it was an increase? Which means i v to look for another #500 to complete my money for the stuff.

Funny OP.

You may as well pay tithe from your 100k or more school fees. grin

1 Like

Re: Paying Tithe As A Student by respect80(m): 2:37am On Sep 13, 2015
To me as a student it's better we say thanksgiving because you actually may not have worked for what you got and I think from the look of things this tithe of a thing seems to be something you pay from your earnings.

Those who are close to their Bible I'm sure will not be ignorant of what I've said above.
Re: Paying Tithe As A Student by MrCEO69(m): 9:33am On Sep 13, 2015
HireKiller:

Funny OP.

You may as well pay tithe from your 100k or more school fees. grin

lol.. Seriously its not funny. I just want to clear the air, #increase pocket money can be termed as an increase but money which u hv budget for isn't an increase!
Re: Paying Tithe As A Student by MrCEO69(m): 9:35am On Sep 13, 2015
respect80:
To me as a student it's better we say thanksgiving because you actually may not have worked for what you got and I think from the look of things this tithe of a thing seems to be something you pay from your earnings.

Those who are close to their Bible I'm sure will not be ignorant of what I've said above.

i get ur point, thanks
Re: Paying Tithe As A Student by MrCEO69(m): 9:38am On Sep 13, 2015
raayah:

I paid tithe while I was a student. It was usually 10 percent of my pocket money.

yea #pocket money! And not money for other things shey?
You may not have seen the impact in ur life, but there is... Positively
Re: Paying Tithe As A Student by MrCEO69(m): 9:51am On Sep 13, 2015
HireKiller:

Bro, u call it spending's change but that is what i should classify as my increase. Pocket money is increase. But a budget money isn't, except one has a change left. In the old testament i think it was just the family collectively that pay the tithe. And u knw they where framers. Now my parent have paid tithe on that money which was sent to me.. So i paying tithe is just for me to learn it now, but the issue is from what do i pay my tithe. Textbook money or other stuff. Calling it spending's change doesn't make any sense, cos 100k can be my spending's change, maybe one day.
Re: Paying Tithe As A Student by dorox(m): 11:03am On Sep 13, 2015
Tithe was only paid by family heads with means of production in the bible and not by anyone that is not self sufficient. You won't find anywhere in the bible where orphans , wives and widows were asked to pay tithe from any gift given to them.
The idea that a student who is still very much dependent on the goodwill of others should pay tithe is an of the greed that has come to dominate these so called men of god. Asking student to pay tithe cannot be supported from the bible even if you still believe in tithing.
Re: Paying Tithe As A Student by Nobody: 12:26pm On Sep 13, 2015
MrCEO69:

NOTE:

Garcia!!!

Tithe is for people who earn money. A working student can pay tithe, but for a non-working student, it's a NO NO.

be wise.
Re: Paying Tithe As A Student by respect80(m): 2:53pm On Sep 13, 2015
MrCEO69:

i get ur point, thanks
Thanks too
Re: Paying Tithe As A Student by openmine(m): 3:04pm On Sep 13, 2015
grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Catholic Church Plans To Transfer Fr. Mbaka / Ahmadiyya Muslim Jamaat Of Nigeria Is Celebrating 100 Years Existence In Nigeria / Possibility To Accessing The Throne Of Mercy Through Grace?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.