Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,915 members, 7,817,684 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

God, Death And Our Belief. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God, Death And Our Belief. (4410 Views)

A Thread Of My Questions To Vaxx on his religion - Yoruba Traditional belief / Heated Argument, Note: This Could Shake Your Belief (photos) / Please, What's (y)Our Belief Or Opinion About The Man "OLUMBA OLUMBA" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

God, Death And Our Belief. by agarawu23(m): 6:26am On Sep 13, 2015
Happy Sunday everyone smiley

We were taught to believe God is aware of anything that's happening to us but we aren't facing the 'word' when it comes to reality.

If for example a man shoot his fellow man with a gun and he died, should we blv his death is written on that particular day? Why then will the force arrest the killer if the death was from God

We can't stop using the word " he was killed by Mr A, she was killed by Mr B" why can't we say he or she was killed by God

Should we say God used them to end the life of the person they killed?

Why can't we accept that death is from God?
Do we human have power to kill?

I am just confuse angry
Re: God, Death And Our Belief. by dejavski(m): 6:29am On Sep 13, 2015
undecided
Re: God, Death And Our Belief. by respect80(m): 6:52am On Sep 13, 2015
Continue to be confused
Mtcheeeeew
Did God not said "thou shall not kill
Have you ever seen the force people arresting anyone because someone died quietly on his bed
@OP what religion are you cos if you are an atheist then you don't need to know this
And if you are a Christian or Muslim then better get more devoted to your God.
Re: God, Death And Our Belief. by colossus2: 7:14am On Sep 13, 2015
Wetin dis wan dey talk
Re: God, Death And Our Belief. by Sweetyie(f): 7:17am On Sep 13, 2015
G
Re: God, Death And Our Belief. by johnydon22(m): 7:24am On Sep 13, 2015
Nobody tried to at least understand his question and see from his own point of view but all is eager to lay idiotic answers as fast as their phone allows them to.

How does any of the answer above answer the question even in a little way, none of the people there understands the question one bit.

One problem with humans "Understand little and talk more"

1 Like

Re: God, Death And Our Belief. by colossus2: 7:32am On Sep 13, 2015
johnydon22:
Nobody tried to at least understand his question and see from his own point of view but all is eager to lay idiotic answers as fast as their phone allows them to.

How does any of the answer above answer the question even in a little way, none of the people there understands the question one bit.

One problem with humans "Understand little and talk more"
So you don answer the question now abi undecided
Ode angry

2 Likes

Re: God, Death And Our Belief. by johnydon22(m): 7:37am On Sep 13, 2015
colossus2:

So you don answer the question now abi undecided
Ode angry
I am not theist so i do not hold such beliefs as asserted in the Op.

So i have no business answering it. . . Now boy, calm down don't get yourself worked up. it's unhealthy for your health.. wink
Re: God, Death And Our Belief. by agarawu23(m): 8:03am On Sep 13, 2015
eneji50:
Certified ebira boy
Navo Oooo......
just take a look at the you,
I pity you cos you dont have understanding and it will be better if you Starr working on your brain for it to function well undecided
Re: God, Death And Our Belief. by agarawu23(m): 8:05am On Sep 13, 2015
respect80:
Continue to be confused
Mtcheeeeew
Did God not said "thou shall not kill
Have you ever seen the force people arresting anyone because someone died quietly on his bed
@OP what religion are you cos if you are an atheist then you don't need to know this
And if you are a Christian or Muslim then better get more devoted to your God.
you know nothing about religion because if you do, you answer my question using your IQ and what you learn in the bible/Quran .

So only an atheist can ask such question ?
I pity our youth angry
Re: God, Death And Our Belief. by agarawu23(m): 8:06am On Sep 13, 2015
Sweetyie:
G
don't book a space on a thread you aren't contributing on.
Re: God, Death And Our Belief. by agarawu23(m): 8:07am On Sep 13, 2015
colossus2:
Wetin dis wan dey talk
the question isn't meant for dullard.

Maybe that's why you couldn't get the message
Re: God, Death And Our Belief. by respect80(m): 8:42am On Sep 13, 2015
agarawu23:
you know nothing about religion because if you do, you answer my question using your IQ and what you learn in the bible/Quran .

So only an atheist can ask such question ?
I pity our youth angry
I wanted to know your belief before I know how to answer your questions.
But from what you just typed I think you are a knowledge island so no need of arguing with you.
Cos you said I know nothing but the fact that I know I know nothing shows that I know something.
Re: God, Death And Our Belief. by Airell: 8:48am On Sep 13, 2015
agarawu23:
Happy Sunday everyone smiley

We were taught to believe God is aware of anything that's happening to us but we aren't facing the 'word' when it comes to reality.

If for example a man shoot his fellow man with a gun and he died, should we blv his death is written on that particular day? Why then will the force arrest the killer if the death was from God

We can't stop using the word " he was killed by Mr A, she was killed by Mr B" why can't we say he or she was killed by God

Should we say God used them to end the life of the person they killed?

Why can't we accept that death is from God?
Do we human have power to kill?

I am just confuse angry
Yes, God is aware of all what is going on on earth but he is not responsible for our calamities. If you believe in the bible, it says " Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of
turning-James 1:17". and also " For I know the thoughts I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace and not evil, to give you an expected end-Jeremiah 29:11".
Re: God, Death And Our Belief. by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:32am On Sep 13, 2015
johnydon22:

So i have no business answering it. . . Now boy, calm down don't get yourself worked up. it's unhealthy for your health.. wink

Do not try evading a question as usual. You might not be a theist but you can also contribute your own qouta without insulting others like you did in your previous post.

Ya, I understand the OP is asking veracity of Fate, Destiny and predetermination of person in the theistic sense. Theism which stands on God have different meaning to it.

God is consciousness in panpsychism. This is analogous to pantheism, just replace"god" with "consciousness," http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Panpsychism

God is Energy in Shaktism

God is substance in Spinozism.

God is Nature in Natural pantheism.

You might not agee on some stance with theist base on the word God but you wil agree with the theist that our behaviour is influenced by some factors. You embrace science a lot
science holds that the centre of human behaviour is the brain. However, the brain can be influenced by some chemical effects.

This chemical effects can reflect in consciousness (God in panpsychism), energy (God in shaktism), substance (God in Spinozism) and Nature environment (God in Naturalistic pantheism).

Serotonin is a chemical created by the human body that works as a neurotransmitter. Researches has shown that it can controll mood naturally. Also, it can be used to treat agression when applies artificially. Nitrous oxide cause person to laugh, hallucination drugs distort or create another reality. It is all projection from chemicals. Suarez comes to mind. How can a grown up man bite before the whole world. I am sure this is something he doesnt like doing but he cant help it when the chemicals in his body effect it. This showing our behaviours and actions are all chemical effects. Should we be blame or hold responsible for our action which is factor of chemical reaction that can be altered by Nature?

All our actions, whether it is virtue , vice, peace or war are determined by the biological and electromagnetic environments combined with our genetic configuration over time. What happens in your environment, what nourishment you eat, events that you experience etc they all affect the neurochemical balance of your brain.

()

we are brain puppets. Our actions are caused by chemical effects, forces like electromagnetic force, natrural environment and others.

You need to see the neuroscience of a serial killer here http://www.bestcounselingdegrees.net/serial-killer/

Lets now remover God (even without removing it, it still reflect some tangible stuff that affect ones behaviour). Who then should we hold responsible? Is it us or the chemicals and the gene?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: God, Death And Our Belief. by agarawu23(m): 9:35am On Sep 13, 2015
Airell:

Yes, God is aware of all what is going on on earth but he is not responsible for our calamities. If you believe in the bible, it says " Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of
turning-James 1:17". and also " For I know the thoughts I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace and not evil, to give you an expected end-Jeremiah 29:11".
good reply. cool

But ppl don't blame our calamities on God. sad
Re: God, Death And Our Belief. by agarawu23(m): 9:39am On Sep 13, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Do not try evading a question as usual. You might not be a theist but you can also contribute your own qouta without insulting others like you did in your previous post.

Ya, I understand the OP is asking veracity of Fate, Destiny and predetermination of person in the theistic sense. Theism which stands on God have different meaning to it.

God is consciousness in panpsychism. This is analogous to pantheism, just replace"god" with "consciousness," http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Panpsychism

God is Energy in Shaktism

God is substance in Spinozism.

God is Nature in Natural pantheism.

You might not agee on some stance with theist base on the word God but you wil agree with the theist that our behaviour is influenced by some factors. You embrace science a lot
science holds that the centre of human behaviour is the brain. However, the brain can be influenced by some chemical effects.

This chemical effects can reflect in consciousness (God in panpsychism), energy (God in shaktism), substance (God in Spinozism) and Nature environment (God in Naturalistic pantheism).

Serotonin is a chemical created by the human body that works as a neurotransmitter. Researches has shown that it can controll mood naturally. Also, it can be used to treat agression when applies artificially. Nitrous oxide cause person to laugh, hallucination drugs distort or create another reality. It is all projection from chemicals. Suarez comes to mind. How can a grown up man bite before the whole world. I am sure this is something he doesnt like doing but he cant help it when the chemicals in his body effect it. This showing our behaviours and actions are all chemical effects. Should we be blame or hold responsible for our action which is factor of chemical reaction that can be altered by Nature?

All our actions, whether it is virtue , vice, peace or war are determined by the biological and electromagnetic environments combined with our genetic configuration over time. What happens in your environment, what nourishment you eat, events that you experience etc they all affect the neurochemical balance of your brain.

()

we are brain puppets. Our actions are caused by chemical effects, forces like electromagnetic force, natrural environment and others.

You need to see the neuroscience of a serial killer here http://www.bestcounselingdegrees.net/serial-killer/

Lets now remover God (even without removing it, it still reflect some tangible stuff that affect ones behaviour). Who then should we hold responsible? Is it us or the chemicals and the gene?
thanks for taking your time to write this. wink

What some ppl lack is understanding.
Some of em think I am an atheist cos of my question but they are not focusing on the message I am trying to pass.
Re: God, Death And Our Belief. by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:40am On Sep 13, 2015
Airell:

Stop lying bros.

Is it not from the mouth of the Most High that both calamities and good things come? Lamentation 3:38

If a trumpet is blown in a city will not the people tremble? If a calamity occurs in a city has not the LORD done it? Amos 3:6

The One forming light and creating darkness, Causing well-being and creating calamity; I am the LORD who does all these. Isaiah 45:7

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: God, Death And Our Belief. by Sweetyie(f): 9:45am On Sep 13, 2015
agarawu23:
don't book a space on a thread you aren't contributing on.
and if i do?
Re: God, Death And Our Belief. by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:48am On Sep 13, 2015
agarawu23:
thanks for taking your time to write this. wink

What some ppl lack is understanding.
Some of em think I am an atheist cos of my question but they are not focusing on the message I am trying to pass.

Keptocraric nature of Nigerian politicians have scientifical explanation.

It could be environment or something.

Your sig. Lol
Re: God, Death And Our Belief. by agarawu23(m): 9:51am On Sep 13, 2015
Sweetyie:

and if i do?
I wont mind slapping you angry
Re: God, Death And Our Belief. by agarawu23(m): 9:52am On Sep 13, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Keptocraric nature of Nigerian politicians have scientifical explanation.

It could be environment or something.

Your sig. Lol
hmmmmm
wink
Re: God, Death And Our Belief. by Airell: 9:57am On Sep 13, 2015
[quote author=agarawu23 post=37960668]good reply. cool
But ppl don't blame our calamities on God. sad[/quote You may not have witnessed it, but people do
Re: God, Death And Our Belief. by agarawu23(m): 10:01am On Sep 13, 2015
[quote author=Airell post=37961297][/quote]hmmmm
Re: God, Death And Our Belief. by Nobody: 10:15am On Sep 13, 2015
Its painful that most christian leaders have embedded people's brain with worldly philosophy comparing it with God's standard. James 1vs5 says if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God who gives generously without reproach. Verse 13 says let no man says i am tempted by God for God cannot be tempted by evil or he himself tempts with evil.. There is nothing like God has written someone death date down. The books in heaven is the book of life and bonk of death. No book of life span or book of people act. DONT BE DECEIVED.
Re: God, Death And Our Belief. by colossus2: 10:17am On Sep 13, 2015
agarawu23:
the question isn't meant for dullard.

Maybe that's why you couldn't get the message
Lol at dullard.
I challenge your household to a contest on any field of study.
Go back to romanceland and contest for another Mr Nairaland.
Re: God, Death And Our Belief. by Nobody: 10:21am On Sep 13, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Stop lying bros.

Is it not from the mouth of the Most High that both calamities and good things come? Lamentation 3:38

If a trumpet is blown in a city will not the people tremble? If a calamity occurs in a city has not the LORD done it? Amos 3:6

The One forming light and creating darkness, Causing well-being and creating calamity; I am the LORD who does all these. Isaiah 45:7
hmmmm so ogun worshippers de sabi bible. Hmmmm no wonder how you and your pagan colleague macof always use bible verses to attack some christians that are shallow minded that are not consecrated as us
Re: God, Death And Our Belief. by Nobody: 10:23am On Sep 13, 2015
colossus2:

Lol at dullard.
I challenge your household to a contest on any field of study.
Go back to romanceland and contest for another Mr Nairaland.
guy na wetin i wan talk be that. Wetin carry am come this section. I wonder if boko boys don bomb romance section
Re: God, Death And Our Belief. by colossus2: 10:25am On Sep 13, 2015
johnydon22:

And I told you I was a theist or whatever?
When will you have sense uncle? undecided
Re: God, Death And Our Belief. by Airell: 10:26am On Sep 13, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Stop lying bros.

You are right about all the scriptures quoted. The thought of God for us is good not evil but the wickedness of man turned it upside down that's why Proverbs 12:21 says; There shall no evil happen to the just: but the wicked shall be filled with mischief. That was what I meant when I said God is not responsible for our calamities.
Though hand join in hand, the wicked shall not be
unpunished: but the seed of the righteous shall be
delivered-Proverbs 11:21.
Re: God, Death And Our Belief. by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:29am On Sep 13, 2015
ProphetUdeme:
hmmmm so ogun worshippers de sabi bible. Hmmmm no wonder how you and your pagan colleague macof always use bible verses to attack some christians that are shallow minded that are not consecrated as us to twist the verse and fuse another meaning to it

fixed.

Which time I don argue on bible last?

Abeg. . .

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? / How a Muslim Can Effectively Manage His Time During Ramadan / Muslims Penisess Will Never Soften. Eternal Erection Awaits All Muslims In Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.