Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,798 members, 7,817,302 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

Both My Mother And Mother-in-law Offerred Help In Kitchen; Which To Embrace? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Both My Mother And Mother-in-law Offerred Help In Kitchen; Which To Embrace? (457 Views)

Oba Olufemi Ogunleye Graduates With 2nd Class In Law At 73 / Enugu Billionaire Buries Mother In Hummer SUV Instead Of Casket (photos) / Is It True That Females Always End Up In The Kitchen? (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Both My Mother And Mother-in-law Offerred Help In Kitchen; Which To Embrace? by Wisefellow(m): 11:31am On Sep 13, 2015
I choose to share an experience that happenned few days ago in my lovely home and it got me thinking, for some seconds, how rich our culture is and how happy I am to have two wonderful mothers.

My adorable wife was ill, received medical treatment and got discharged from the hospital. We (my sweet mother, lovely wife and I) left the hospital for home and the next day, my admirable mother-in-law arrived. We ate, gist and laughed since its been a while. After lunch, all dishes were taken to the kitchen and to my astonishment, both mothers insisted to wash the dishes. " Leave it ma, I will wash it", "No our mummy, I will wash it", " Please ma, do not worry about washing", " Oh ma, leave it all to me"... these were utterances from both mothers and I was filled with excitement and quickly, I intervened by politely asking them to leave the dishes and the kitchen, then wash the dishes. Is it our culture that made this happenned or was it the individuals involved?

If you were to be in my shoe, what would you do to help the situation?

1 Like

Re: Both My Mother And Mother-in-law Offerred Help In Kitchen; Which To Embrace? by temblor(m): 11:51am On Sep 13, 2015
Are you that lazy and unkempt? cool

(1) (Reply)

Prester John- Concept Or Fact? / She Described The Current / 23years Old Boy Bags 6 Months Imprisonment For Stealing N50,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.