Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,819,999 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

€20m Scandal, Leadership Tussle Rock Immigration Service - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / €20m Scandal, Leadership Tussle Rock Immigration Service (794 Views)

Supreme Court Reserves Judgment in PDP Leadership Tussle / 2019: Atiku, Dankwambo Fingered In PDP Leadership Tussle / LEADERSHIP TUSSLE: Soyinka Resigns As CBCIU Chair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

€20m Scandal, Leadership Tussle Rock Immigration Service by catchfun: 8:04pm On Sep 13, 2015
Aggrieved officers, who retired recently from the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS), on Sunday asked President Muhammadu Buhari to probe alleged mismanagement of over €20 million (N7.5 billion) European Union funds released to the NIS under the immediate past Minister for the Interior, Mr. Abba Moro.
Aside, the retired officers gravely lamented negative impact, which they said, internal struggle for power and relevance between the former ministers and ex-Comptroller-General, Mr David Paradang had upon the service, thus leading to violation of federal character clause in the 1999 Constitution.
The officers, who did not want their names mentioned, vented their grievances about the rots in the NIS at a session with THISDAY in Lagos, noting that what had been happening in the NIS was worse than that of Nigeria Custom Service (NCS) and Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC).
They said they had petitioned the Department of State Service (DSS) to investigate the mismanagement of the EU funds on immigration, which they said, was officially called the tenth EU fund apart from other donors’ funds, though nothing had been heard from the DSS about the petition.http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/-20m-scandal-leadership-tussle-rock-immigration-service/220120/
lalasticlala
Re: €20m Scandal, Leadership Tussle Rock Immigration Service by OZAOEKPE(f): 8:05pm On Sep 13, 2015
"the northerners are involved, but when they need people for appointments, they tell you that the southerners are corrupt, don't you think PMB is sick?" Quote me anywhere.

2 Likes

Re: €20m Scandal, Leadership Tussle Rock Immigration Service by dondaddycares(m): 8:07pm On Sep 13, 2015
Ok. Team body language do the needful
Re: €20m Scandal, Leadership Tussle Rock Immigration Service by kejes10: 8:08pm On Sep 13, 2015
Make I park well
Re: €20m Scandal, Leadership Tussle Rock Immigration Service by nzeobi(m): 8:11pm On Sep 13, 2015
Am only interested in seeing the money recovered
Re: €20m Scandal, Leadership Tussle Rock Immigration Service by mightyokwy(m): 8:13pm On Sep 13, 2015
In buhari's voice* kworoption ebiri where*
Re: €20m Scandal, Leadership Tussle Rock Immigration Service by dustmalik: 8:14pm On Sep 13, 2015
Everything under GEJ was corrupt
Re: €20m Scandal, Leadership Tussle Rock Immigration Service by Nobody: 8:24pm On Sep 13, 2015
Great

-Jonathan sef
-Abba Moro sef
-PDP set
- Corruption sef
Re: €20m Scandal, Leadership Tussle Rock Immigration Service by RockMaxi: 8:39pm On Sep 13, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
"the northerners are involved, but when they need people for appointments, they tell you that the southerners are corrupt, don't you think PMB is sick?" Quote me anywhere.

grin grin The real corruption is federal character and its deep root in our constitution. If PMB is serious about uprooting corruption totally, he should dare removing federal character representation in the constitution.
Merit must first be celebrated and corruption will die naturally.
Re: €20m Scandal, Leadership Tussle Rock Immigration Service by OZAOEKPE(f): 8:42pm On Sep 13, 2015
RockMaxi:

grin grin The real corruption is federal character and its deep root in our constitution. If PMB is serious about uprooting corruption totally, he should dare removing federal character representation in the constitution.
Merit must first be celebrated and corruption will die naturally.
"and he should give the north all the positions, my brother, you need to wake up. everybody must be represented, you can't tell me there is no 'saint' in the south only in the north." quote me anywhere.
Re: €20m Scandal, Leadership Tussle Rock Immigration Service by RockMaxi: 9:02pm On Sep 13, 2015
OZAOEKPE:

"and he should give the north all the positions, my brother, you need to wake up. everybody must be represented, you can't tell me there is no 'saint' in the south only in the north." quote me anywhere.

Guy I didn't quote from slumber and I'm not campaigning for Buhari's political appointments, my discuss is way beyond that scope. Sorry I chose your quote I should have thought you had a broader view of things.

Re: €20m Scandal, Leadership Tussle Rock Immigration Service by Bevista: 2:06am On Sep 14, 2015
They said they had petitioned the Department of State Service (DSS) to investigate the mismanagement of the EU funds on immigration
Why petition DSS for a case of financial mismanagement. I thought they should be petitioning EFCC.
Re: €20m Scandal, Leadership Tussle Rock Immigration Service by GabrielSuswam(m): 2:13am On Sep 14, 2015
Everything 8th falling inline

(1) (Reply)

‘don’t Pay More Than Approved Application Fee’ – New Immigration Boss / Forte Oil Begins Sale Of “buhari” Kerosene At N50 Per Litre / Edo, S-south Deserve The Best In APC Zoning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.