Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,742 members, 7,955,833 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:26 PM

Opinion:'freedom To Choose State Of Deployment' Initiative Is Dead On Arrival - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Opinion:'freedom To Choose State Of Deployment' Initiative Is Dead On Arrival (2460 Views)

NYSC 2016 Batch A States' Of Deployment Library / NYSC 2015 Batch B States' Of Deployment Library / NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion:'freedom To Choose State Of Deployment' Initiative Is Dead On Arrival by Horllamideh(m): 7:22am On Sep 14, 2015
Some states are filled up already while leftovers (yeah,i called them leftovers) are still very much available. How many southern graduates in their right mind will go for states like Zamfara,Adamawa and the likes. I see the whole thing caving in like a 'spent' caldera. Have any of you guys been forced to chose from these leftovers, what do you think of this whole show that depicts nothing but inequality.
Re: Opinion:'freedom To Choose State Of Deployment' Initiative Is Dead On Arrival by Horllamideh(m): 7:26am On Sep 14, 2015
Cc. Johnnyessence,Burlah4u2c
Re: Opinion:'freedom To Choose State Of Deployment' Initiative Is Dead On Arrival by kossyablaze(m): 7:29am On Sep 14, 2015
I also tot of dat.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opinion:'freedom To Choose State Of Deployment' Initiative Is Dead On Arrival by Horllamideh(m): 7:33am On Sep 14, 2015
kossyablaze:
I also tot of dat.
I can't believe my eyes when i saw those northern states......i didn't go with map so i chose Sokoto,Taraba,Katsina. Later realized i goofed big time when i clicked sokoto....the journey ehnn

2 Likes

Re: Opinion:'freedom To Choose State Of Deployment' Initiative Is Dead On Arrival by Kraspo(m): 7:37am On Sep 14, 2015
It's not dead on arrival
Re: Opinion:'freedom To Choose State Of Deployment' Initiative Is Dead On Arrival by Horllamideh(m): 7:39am On Sep 14, 2015
Kraspo:
It's not dead on arrival
You think so??....i heard Batch A did the same thing but nysc scraped the idea then.
Re: Opinion:'freedom To Choose State Of Deployment' Initiative Is Dead On Arrival by KeriBaby(f): 8:49am On Sep 14, 2015
Batch A did not have the opportunity we have now... They never chose
Horllamideh:

You think so??....i heard Batch A did the same thing but nysc scraped the idea then.

1 Like

Re: Opinion:'freedom To Choose State Of Deployment' Initiative Is Dead On Arrival by dejt4u(m): 9:05am On Sep 14, 2015
KeriBaby:
you are right.. My advice to OP is to start preparing his mind for the journey ahead..the earlier the better.. Many CMs frm SS, SE and SW are very plenty in Sokoto and the rest northern states.. All the best bro!
Re: Opinion:'freedom To Choose State Of Deployment' Initiative Is Dead On Arrival by Horllamideh(m): 10:06am On Sep 14, 2015
KeriBaby:
Being left with no choice but northern states doesn't sounds like an opportunity to me.
Re: Opinion:'freedom To Choose State Of Deployment' Initiative Is Dead On Arrival by Horllamideh(m): 10:12am On Sep 14, 2015
dejt4u:
you are right.. My advice to OP is to start preparing his mind for the journey ahead..the earlier the better.. Many CMs frm SS, SE and SW are very plenty in Sokoto and the rest northern states.. All the best bro!
Hmmm.....i won't serve in Sokoto as long as redeployment is an option o.....i have always hold these double opinion abt nysc but govt should please scrape the damn excercise or 'unmandatorilize' it jare
Re: Opinion:'freedom To Choose State Of Deployment' Initiative Is Dead On Arrival by Emyben(m): 7:29pm On Sep 14, 2015
I registered today and i had the luxury of picking from 21 states. I chosed Rivers, Oyo and Enugu even tho they clearly told me that it was a trial survey and am not guaranteed deployment to my chosen states.

Its all luck tho cos the lady before me in the cafe had just 7 states to pick from while i had 21 even tho Akwa Ibom my first choice was conspicuously missing, sane with FCT and Lagos
Re: Opinion:'freedom To Choose State Of Deployment' Initiative Is Dead On Arrival by adbaba(m): 8:09pm On Sep 14, 2015
NYSC IS IN A STATE OF CONFUSION since 1973.

I didn't have any option than to choose sokoto and taraba. Am not really angry for choosing those states, afterall na human being like me dey live there. The issue here is Nysc inability to get their arts right with communication.

This similar case occur during the last fatal immigration exams, we all know how it was swept under the ground. Jamb tried similar case, we all know what the outcome was. It's hign time these govt goons start taking young lives serious and not subjecting us to TRIAL & ERROR kind of joke.

Folding my hands and watching in 3D what become the end of 'THE TALE OF TWO CITIES'.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion:'freedom To Choose State Of Deployment' Initiative Is Dead On Arrival by Burlah4u2c(m): 10:17pm On Sep 14, 2015
hmmm....I've not even registered. Only God knows if only 2 states will be available for me to pick from...That just wouldn't be fair! pls guys, are we allowed to pick just one state instead of forcefully selecting 3 from the available states? I feel better if I choose only Gombe and I know for sure that's where I am going. Why choose 3 and ur mind start wandering about where u finally will land?

1 Like

Re: Opinion:'freedom To Choose State Of Deployment' Initiative Is Dead On Arrival by Burlah4u2c(m): 10:22pm On Sep 14, 2015
Emyben:
I registered today and i had the luxury of picking from 21 states. I chosed Rivers, Oyo and Enugu even tho they clearly told me that it was a trial survey and am not guaranteed deployment to my chosen states.

Its all luck tho cos the lady before me in the cafe had just 7 states to pick from while i had 21 even tho Akwa Ibom my first choice was conspicuously missing, sane with FCT and Lagos
I hope to be lucky when I do my registration later this weekend... That for sure means its not 9northern state left after all... do u mind telling me ur 3 catchment area: school, residence, state of origin... I just wanna know on what ground did you have a whole 21 state to select from...

1 Like

Re: Opinion:'freedom To Choose State Of Deployment' Initiative Is Dead On Arrival by Horllamideh(m): 11:13pm On Sep 14, 2015
Emyben:
I chosed Rivers, Oyo and Enugu even tho they clearly told me that it was a trial survey and am not guaranteed deployment to my chosen states.

Re: Opinion:'freedom To Choose State Of Deployment' Initiative Is Dead On Arrival by Horllamideh(m): 11:18pm On Sep 14, 2015
Burlah4u2c:

I hope to be lucky when I do my registration later this weekend... That for sure means its not 9northern state left after all... do u mind telling me ur 3 catchment area: school, residence, state of origin... I just wanna know on what ground did you have a whole 21 state to select from...
i have a sister here too(a unilorite),from oyo state....she told me she saw 21 states and she chose Delta,Lagos and Niger
Re: Opinion:'freedom To Choose State Of Deployment' Initiative Is Dead On Arrival by Burlah4u2c(m): 12:33am On Sep 15, 2015
Horllamideh:

i have a sister here too(a unilorite),from oyo states....she told me she saw 21 states and she chose Delta,Lagos and Niger
That sounds nice after all....I still wanna know if one has the luxury of selecting one..

1 Like

Re: Opinion:'freedom To Choose State Of Deployment' Initiative Is Dead On Arrival by Horllamideh(m): 6:03am On Sep 15, 2015
adbaba:
NYSC IS IN A STATE OF CONFUSION since 1973.

I didn't have any option than to choose sokoto and taraba. Am not really angry for choosing those states, afterall na human being like me dey live there. The issue here is Nysc inability to get their arts right with communication.

This similar case occur during the last fatal immigration exams, we all know how it was swept under the ground. Jamb tried similar case, we all know what the outcome was. It's hign time these govt goons start taking young lives serious and not subjecting us to TRIAL & ERROR kind of joke.

Folding my hands and watching in 3D what become the end of 'THE TALE OF TWO CITIES'.
1000 likes....and to think one of their coordinators was saying ''we are not foolish anymore'' the other day. As far as i am concerned they are still the same old silly youth service commission established in '73.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion:'freedom To Choose State Of Deployment' Initiative Is Dead On Arrival by Horllamideh(m): 6:06am On Sep 15, 2015
Burlah4u2c:
That sounds nice after all....I still wanna know if one has the luxury of selecting one..
Emyben:
I chosed Rivers, Oyo and Enugu even tho they clearly told
me that it was a trial survey and am not guaranteed
deployment to my chosen states.
Re: Opinion:'freedom To Choose State Of Deployment' Initiative Is Dead On Arrival by Emyben(m): 8:33am On Sep 15, 2015
Burlah4u2c:

My school- Unizik

Residence- Told them Anambra, gave my ancestral address... Lol

My state of origin- Anambra

States visited- i put in about 4 northern states

And voila! I had a whooping 21 states to chose from including Rivers, CrossRiver Enugu, Ogun, Oyo, Imo etc
Anambra, Abuja, Lagos was missing of course.
Like i said... It might be luck cos the girl who got registered before me had just 9 to chose from. A coursemate of mine was 'forced' to pick Sokoto and Taraba... Lol

2 Likes

Re: Opinion:'freedom To Choose State Of Deployment' Initiative Is Dead On Arrival by mashnino(m): 8:43am On Sep 15, 2015
Horllamideh:
Some states are filled up already while leftovers (yeah,i called them leftovers) are still very much available. How many southern graduates in their right mind will go for states like Zamfara,Adamawa and the likes. I see the whole thing caving in like a 'spent' caldera. Have any of you guys been forced to chose from these leftovers, what do you think of this whole show that depicts nothing but inequality.

You are just lazy

When people were registering where was you..

So you expected them to reserve space for you cos na u get NYSC bah

Just stop making noise

Naija is no place u wait for someone to give u food.. U eida stand up and grab or u sit and drown

The initiative is very good.. It fame with some little issues but when it comes with choosing of state.. There was no problem there

When the number of people per state reaches. The system removes the state from the list...

Why will dey go dere and remove states.. To give to their grand children?

Abeg stop being lazy and chose adamawa and den afterwards u can redeploy
Re: Opinion:'freedom To Choose State Of Deployment' Initiative Is Dead On Arrival by Horllamideh(m): 7:35pm On Sep 15, 2015
mashnino:

You are just lazy

Just stop making noise

Naija is no place u wait for someone to give u food.. U eida stand up and grab or u sit and drown

The initiative is very good.. It fame with some little issues but when it comes with choosing of state.. There was no problem there

When the number of people per state reaches. The system removes the state from the list...

Sharrap jor important fool....do you think the same complaint won't emerge if the whole registration is fixed for a day. Nysc goofed big time when the so-called 'right to choose' turns out to be fake after all....i know how the thing dey do for body buh e go do you like dream cos everytin will soon turn out to be a trial survey.

1 Like

Re: Opinion:'freedom To Choose State Of Deployment' Initiative Is Dead On Arrival by remioshy(f): 7:56pm On Sep 15, 2015
I registered 3 days ahold and I had no option but to choose adamawa, borno and niger as only northern states left, so why people that registered today got option to choose more states ,what can I do, as I don't want to go to any of these states
Re: Opinion:'freedom To Choose State Of Deployment' Initiative Is Dead On Arrival by biomedixexcel(m): 8:04pm On Sep 15, 2015
Registered today and I saw 3 states to select from for the first choice (Zamfara, Anambra, Enugu) I chose Anambra then 2nd choice brought only Zamfara and third brought not available.

They said it's a survey
Re: Opinion:'freedom To Choose State Of Deployment' Initiative Is Dead On Arrival by Horllamideh(m): 11:30pm On Sep 15, 2015
remioshy:
I registered 3 days ahold and I had no option but to choose adamawa, borno and niger as only northern states left, so why people that registered today got option to choose more states ,what can I do, as I don't want to go to any of these states
Multiple sources have it dat the whole show is a survey actually.....just to knw which and which states are considered favourable for deployment among prospective corp members....i pray it stay dat way sha cos i choose zamfara and Taraba (datz because i had no better choice)
Re: Opinion:'freedom To Choose State Of Deployment' Initiative Is Dead On Arrival by Horllamideh(m): 11:32pm On Sep 15, 2015
biomedixexcel:
Registered today and I saw 3 states to select from for the first choice (Zamfara, Anambra, Enugu) I chose Anambra then 2nd choice brought only Zamfara and third brought not available.

They said it's a survey
who are 'they'??
Re: Opinion:'freedom To Choose State Of Deployment' Initiative Is Dead On Arrival by Venom104: 11:54pm On Sep 15, 2015
Cant see how Nysc is going to sustain this new initiative.. The so called 'Freedom' of choice is defeated when the options are restricted..

NYSC is like that one dumb lecturer in schools that will ask students to choose and answer any 2 questions and give only 2 questions

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion:'freedom To Choose State Of Deployment' Initiative Is Dead On Arrival by Burlah4u2c(m): 11:42pm On Sep 16, 2015
mashnino:

You are just lazy

Just stop making noise

And if we all were to register the same day, what could have happened? I don't see any reason why one should rush after all the registration spans from sept 8- oct9...Well, I still haven't registered.. observing the happenings so I can do mine without error.. Its just my simple reason why I haven't registered yet...

I don't actually buy that idea of first come, first serve... Statistics has taught us random sampling....

1 Like

Re: Opinion:'freedom To Choose State Of Deployment' Initiative Is Dead On Arrival by mashnino(m): 11:44pm On Sep 16, 2015
Burlah4u2c:

And if we all were to register the same day, what could have happened? I don't see any reason why one should rush after all the registration spans from sept 8- oct9...Well, I still haven't registered.. observing the happenings so I can do mine without error.. Its just my simple reason why I haven't registered yet...

I don't actually buy that idea of first come, first serve... Statistics has taught us random sampling....

good...
Re: Opinion:'freedom To Choose State Of Deployment' Initiative Is Dead On Arrival by yetunsbay(m): 12:57pm On Sep 17, 2015
ARE WE SUBMITTING O'LEVEL CERTIFICATE IN CAMP?
Re: Opinion:'freedom To Choose State Of Deployment' Initiative Is Dead On Arrival by HerRoyalFlyness(f): 10:30am On Sep 18, 2015
If u register on time u'll b given enough options to choose 4rm. That's y it is good to do things on time. Also u can b sure of going by october (stream 1). Anyway, i hear more states has been made available now but dat would be 4 stream2
Re: Opinion:'freedom To Choose State Of Deployment' Initiative Is Dead On Arrival by bmoney9ja(m): 11:12am On Sep 18, 2015
Burlah4u2c:

orie pee jawee(ur head is correct) and u have good reasoning faculty

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What You Have To Do Immediately After Nysc Online Registration / Please When Is Stream II Of NYSC Certainly Going To Receive Call Up Letter? / My Escapades In Camp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.