Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,203 members, 7,811,543 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:15 PM

PDP Urges APC To Pay Attention To Management Of Economy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Urges APC To Pay Attention To Management Of Economy (1407 Views)

Beg Militants To Stop Attacks, Buhari Urges APC Leaders / Senate Summons Adeosun, Emefiele Over State Of Economy / State Of Economy: I'm Happy I Lost Governorship Election —alao-akala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Urges APC To Pay Attention To Management Of Economy by erunz(m): 5:00pm On Sep 14, 2015
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has urged the All Progressive Congress (APC)- led administration to pay urgent attention to the management of the economy.

The call is contained in a statement, issued by PDP National Publicity Secretary, Chief Olisa Metuh, in Abuja on Monday.

It claimed that its worry stemmed from the fact that the economy had remained on rapid fall since the last four months.

According to the statement, the fall is “apparently due to the absence of clear-cut fiscal policy direction and an economic team to deal with the domestic and global challenges associated with a developing economy.’’

It said PDP was in full support of President Muhammadu Buhari’s efforts in tackling corruption and insurgency but was concerned about the economic situation of Nigeria.

The party said it was worried that the government had not paid attention to indices from global economic watchers in spite of its predictable negative impact.

The statement said as a responsible party, PDP was duty-bound, beyond politics, to draw the president’s attention to the fact that under the prevailing circumstances, the economy was threatened.

It stated that the situation had become more worrisome following the “failure of APC administration to articulate any interventionist policy at this critical moment’’, especially against predictions that oil might sell for 20 dollars.

“We caution strongly that this approach to governance is not healthy for our nation,’’ the party said.

It said time had come for the president to take urgent steps to set up a crack economic team of experts to immediately swing into action and salvage the economy.

“In managing this economy at this time, we urge the president, as the father of the nation, to look beyond partisan politics.

“He should ensure that the policy frameworks and populist economic projects laid by the PDP administration, especially in the non-oil sectors are not allowed to rot but adequately utilised for the good of all.’’

It advices the APC administration to pay attention to various agricultural projects and programmes established in Nigeria by the PDP administrations, especially in the northern part.

The projects include various dams and irrigation projects, the e-wallet financial empowerment system to farmers, associated to the over two million direct farm jobs.

Others are the Green Belt project under Presidential Initiative on Afforestation in Kano and 10 other northern states, all in line with PDP’s agenda to return the region as the food basket of the nation.

“The PDP believes that in the interest of millions of Nigerians citizens who look up to the political class for direction, it is now imperative on the APC-led federal government to pay deserving attention to the economy.

“The administration should continue the policy of the past administration of opening the space for harnessing indigenous potentials.,’ it said (NAN)

http://leadership.ng/news/461063/pdp-urges-apc-to-pay-attention-to-management-of-economy
Re: PDP Urges APC To Pay Attention To Management Of Economy by OVI75(m): 5:10pm On Sep 14, 2015
FTC.Buhari did not in real sense come to salvage any thing.Infact he came to plunge nigeria down the drain of economic growth.he came to balance the northern agenda losed 6yrs ago.he came to recover his election money spent in the last 12 yrs.he came to retaliate against his enemies.I can vouch for it that he does not share any genuine love for this country out of a sense of patriotism but because he sees Nigeria as an estate owned by the north.

#Ibori my mentor,barcanister my role model.

1 Like

Re: PDP Urges APC To Pay Attention To Management Of Economy by ayokunlei(m): 5:11pm On Sep 14, 2015
I
Re: PDP Urges APC To Pay Attention To Management Of Economy by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:13pm On Sep 14, 2015
Thank you PDP. Nigeria Economy has been on a downward movement since May 29

1 Like

Re: PDP Urges APC To Pay Attention To Management Of Economy by OVI75(m): 5:13pm On Sep 14, 2015
SECOND TO COMMENTS-those vendatta seeking lots dont really give a shit about the economy.

#Ibori my mentor,barcanister my role model.
Re: PDP Urges APC To Pay Attention To Management Of Economy by Nobody: 5:15pm On Sep 14, 2015
Where were all these PDP bigots when Jona was the President? So they actually have good advice and know so much about the economy that Nigeria was going into doldrum under the PDP! They were all there without telling him the truth, but rather all of them being sycophants (including the one that wants to hit his head on the floor when the election result was being released!) My President knows what to do cos he has his plans/strategies outline prior now to make this nation great again. He doesn't need your advise, Bunch of hypocrites!
Re: PDP Urges APC To Pay Attention To Management Of Economy by erunz(m): 5:20pm On Sep 14, 2015
APC WANTED POWER BY ALL MEANS, NOW THEY'VE GOTTEN IT, THEY ARE SO CONFUSED ON WHAT TO DO WITH IT. MY HEART GOES TO THOSE BANKERS THAT CHANTED SAI BABA AND HAVE LOSE THEIR JOB IN LESS THAT FOR MONTH OF BUHARI'S GOVT
Re: PDP Urges APC To Pay Attention To Management Of Economy by Ezenwammadu(m): 5:24pm On Sep 14, 2015
PDP Should stop wailing Buhari body odour will fix it in the fullness of time
Re: PDP Urges APC To Pay Attention To Management Of Economy by Nobody: 5:25pm On Sep 14, 2015
erunz:
APC WANTED POWER BY ALL MEANS, NOW THEY'VE GOTTEN IT, THEY ARE SO CONFUSED ON WHAT TO DO WITH IT. MY HEART GOES TO THOSE BANKERS THAT CHANTED SAI BABA AND HAVE LOSE THEIR JOB IN LESS THAT FOR MONTH OF BUHARI'S GOVT
...... So, you've forgotten the thousands of bankers that lost their jobs when Jona was there? You talking out of point bro!
Re: PDP Urges APC To Pay Attention To Management Of Economy by Nobody: 5:26pm On Sep 14, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Thank you PDP. Nigeria Economy is on a downward movement since May 29
............... Since May 29th? Can you actually hear yourself?! Now, this is appalling!!

1 Like

Re: PDP Urges APC To Pay Attention To Management Of Economy by erunz(m): 5:27pm On Sep 14, 2015
Ezenwammadu:
PDP Should stop wailing Buhari body odour will fix it in the fullness of time
THE SAME BODY ODOUR, THAT MADE JPMORGAN DE LIST NIGERIA
Re: PDP Urges APC To Pay Attention To Management Of Economy by LastSurvivor: 5:28pm On Sep 14, 2015
Good advice if I must say, the economy is going down by the day. my two friends has lost their jobs since this month, I just pray mine is still safe
Re: PDP Urges APC To Pay Attention To Management Of Economy by Ezenwammadu(m): 5:28pm On Sep 14, 2015
modelmike7:
Where were all these PDP bigots when Jona was the President? So they actually have good advice and know so much about the economy that Nigeria was going into doldrum under the PDP! They were all there without telling him the truth, but rather all of them being sycophants (including the one that wants to hit his head on the floor when the election result was being released!) My President knows what to do cos he has his plans/strategies outline prior now to make this nation great again. He doesn't need your advise, Bunch of hypocrites!
As usual find a way to blame GEJ for the body odour economic incomptence

OPONU
Re: PDP Urges APC To Pay Attention To Management Of Economy by sdindan: 5:29pm On Sep 14, 2015
APC Is still an opposition party expect their e-warriors to display their ignoramus here.
Re: PDP Urges APC To Pay Attention To Management Of Economy by Ezenwammadu(m): 5:30pm On Sep 14, 2015
erunz:
THE SAME BODY ODOUR, THAT MADE JPMORGAN DE LIST NIGERIA
that same powerful body odour that sacked 60000 people from one sector
Re: PDP Urges APC To Pay Attention To Management Of Economy by erunz(m): 5:30pm On Sep 14, 2015
modelmike7:
...... So, you've forgotten the thousands of bankers that lost their jobs when Jona was there? You talking out of point bro!
VOLTRON, I WISH ONE OF UR FAMILY MEMBER LOSE HIS JOB WITH THIS DAFT PRESIDENT MAYB YOU WILL NOT COME HERE AND DEFEND THE INDEFENSIBLE. I THOUGH YOU VOTED FOR CHANGE I.E TO SEE THINGS PROGRESS IN NEW WAYS BUT NOW THE REVERSE IS THE CASE.
Re: PDP Urges APC To Pay Attention To Management Of Economy by Ezenwammadu(m): 5:31pm On Sep 14, 2015
modelmike7:
............... Since May 29th? Can you actually hear yourself?! Now, this is appalling!!
but you believe that power improvement started on May 29th

ISIAKI
Re: PDP Urges APC To Pay Attention To Management Of Economy by erunz(m): 5:31pm On Sep 14, 2015
Ezenwammadu:
that same powerful body odour that sacked 60000 people from one sector
MY BROTHER NA SO WE SEE AM OO. IMAGINE THE DUARA ILLITRATE TRAVEL TO FRANCE WITH PERM SEC.
Re: PDP Urges APC To Pay Attention To Management Of Economy by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:32pm On Sep 14, 2015
Since May 29 nigerians have been crying that nothing is improving
modelmike7:
Re: PDP Urges APC To Pay Attention To Management Of Economy by Nobody: 5:33pm On Sep 14, 2015
Ezenwammadu:
As usual find a way to blame GEJ for the body odour economic incomptence
IN MY FAMILY, WE ARE ALL
OPONU
............... Oh, i see. No wonder!! This is how i reply f*ols that cant hold a decent conversation without insults or curse or abuse. God bless!
Re: PDP Urges APC To Pay Attention To Management Of Economy by Ezenwammadu(m): 5:34pm On Sep 14, 2015
modelmike7:
............... Oh, i see. No wonder!! This is how i reply f*ols that cant hold a decent conversation without insults or curse or abuse. God bless!
But a bastard like you can insult an entire party
SHALOM
Re: PDP Urges APC To Pay Attention To Management Of Economy by Nobody: 5:35pm On Sep 14, 2015
Nigeria's current credit rating slides to junk under the dullard

Re: PDP Urges APC To Pay Attention To Management Of Economy by Nobody: 5:35pm On Sep 14, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Since May 29 nigerians have been crying that nothing is improving
............... Well, Nigerians have actually been crying that things are getting worse since a long time before then bro...
Re: PDP Urges APC To Pay Attention To Management Of Economy by Nobody: 5:36pm On Sep 14, 2015
Ezenwammadu:
But a bastard like me can insult an entire party
SHALOM
... Oh, you are a bast*rd!? No wonder. Its obvious! Go on......
Re: PDP Urges APC To Pay Attention To Management Of Economy by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:41pm On Sep 14, 2015
modelmike7:
............... Well, Nigerians have actually been crying that things are getting worse since a long time before then bro...
Well, still doesn't invalidate my submission
Re: PDP Urges APC To Pay Attention To Management Of Economy by Nobody: 5:42pm On Sep 14, 2015
erunz:
VOLTRON, I WISH ONE OF UR FAMILY MEMBER LOSE HIS JOB WITH THIS DAFT PRESIDENT MAYB YOU WILL NOT COME HERE AND DEFEND THE INDEFENSIBLE. I THOUGH YOU VOTED FOR CHANGE I.E TO SEE THINGS PROGRESS IN NEW WAYS BUT NOW THE REVERSE IS THE CASE.
...... You calling your president daft?! This is serious. . . Evil that you wish for others, most times comes back to happen to you, but i do pray non of your family members lose their jobs. And you judging someone that has a job to complete in 1460 days with just his first 100days is something on its own. God bless.
Re: PDP Urges APC To Pay Attention To Management Of Economy by omenka(m): 5:44pm On Sep 14, 2015
If PDP and her supporters weren't the sadistic imps they are and are hardwired to always be, they would understand that they need to give Baba some room to continue to perform his delicate surgical procedure on this country that has been rendered crippled due to many years, 16 horrendous years, of incessant abuse by them.

Had they taken as little as 10% of the time given them in 16years to actually do the work for which they were empowered to do through the ballot, we wouldn't be in such dire straits we find ourselves today.

And to think that what we see today is worlds apart from what Jonathan handed over to Baba, a literally grounded economy with no electricity, petroleum products, and a basterdised currency, makes me think of PDP and her supporters as suffering from an acute case of amnesia when they grumble.

They didn't and would never support Mr President, yet they make the most demands of him.

What a sorry bunch.
Re: PDP Urges APC To Pay Attention To Management Of Economy by Nobody: 5:45pm On Sep 14, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Well, still doesn't invalidate my submission
............... We shall get there, its only a matter of time... But ONLY the people that believe in PMB, will know what i am talking about, but for the people that can never see anything good from him, it will be difficult! Nigeria shall be great again.
Re: PDP Urges APC To Pay Attention To Management Of Economy by Nobody: 5:47pm On Sep 14, 2015
@Omenka, God bless you so much for that piece. Exactly my point up there!
Re: PDP Urges APC To Pay Attention To Management Of Economy by hinwazaka: 5:51pm On Sep 14, 2015
Olisa Metuh should reserve his comments. They are wasted on the OLODO APC. This is a party whose best strategy for combating the free fall of the naira, came from the father of all fools, TINUBU, who proposed slowing down the fall by PRINTING MORE NAIRA NOTES. What a joke. A policy tried by two of Africa's most worthless leaders: IDI AMIN and MUGABE. This people can only fail the country, it's inevitable. You can't teach a fish new tricks. They know they have no strategy to resolve the recent economic issues. They are simply playing the same card as the Romans, who shunned reforms for distraction theatrics like the Gladiator bouts. Earlier on I was involved in a debate with one of their supporters who was ignorantly claiming that our inflation will not rise due to our depleted foreign reserves. The aloof debater did not know that he was referring to Keynes demand -pull inflation theory, which would require excess government expenditure to balance excess demand and low supply. As I always say you can't trust a SW with your money. For they would squander it and borrow more, just to throw one more OWAMBE party. You can't find a NOI in SW land. That's the undeniable fact.
Re: PDP Urges APC To Pay Attention To Management Of Economy by baralatie(m): 5:51pm On Sep 14, 2015
WombRaiders:
Nigeria's current credit rating slides to junk under the dullard

Na God Hand Naija dey so!
Re: PDP Urges APC To Pay Attention To Management Of Economy by hinwazaka: 5:57pm On Sep 14, 2015
omenka:
If PDP and her supporters weren't the sadistic imps they are and are hardwired to always be, they would understand that they need to give Baba some room to continue to perform his delicate surgical procedure on this country that has been rendered crippled due to many years, 16 horrendous years, of incessant abuse by them.

Had they taken as little as 10% of the time given them in 16years to actually do the work for which they were empowered to do through the ballot, we wouldn't be in such dire straits we find ourselves today.

And to think that what we see today is worlds apart from what Jonathan handed over to Baba, a literally grounded economy with no electricity, petroleum products, and a basterdised currency, makes me think of PDP and her supporters as suffering from an acute case of amnesia when they grumble.

They didn't and would never support Mr President, yet they make the most demands of him.

What a sorry bunch.
Whoever refers to you as their employee needs to find a new brain

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wife Of President Buhari Silently Grabbing Power In Aso Rock? / $50billion Oil Fraud: Diezani, Aluko, Aiteo, Sahara Energy, Omokore, Wagbatsoma / What Happened To Sahara Reporter, Osun Defender, The Nation Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.