Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,750 members, 7,840,920 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 05:21 PM

The Aireginan Dream: A Novel - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Aireginan Dream: A Novel (4087 Views)

Poll: Rate this story on a scale of 1 to 4

4 (Very Good): 50% (10 votes)
3 (Good): 40% (8 votes)
2 (Fair): 5% (1 vote)
1 (Poor): 5% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) / The Game He Lost (A Novel). / End Of The Road (a Novel) Chapter 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Aireginan Dream: A Novel by Orikinla(m): 11:54am On Nov 24, 2006
Point of correction to those who don't know.

Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie 's "Purple Hibiscus" did not win the Orange Prize, but was only short-listed for the Orange Prize and long-listed for the Booker Prize.

"Purple Hibiscus" won the Commonwealth Writers' Prize and the Hurston/Wright Legacy Award and the John Llewellyn Rhys Prize.

The Nigerian born Briton Diana Evans won the Orange Prize for her debut novel "26a."

Adichie's website: http://www.halfofayellowsun.com/
Re: The Aireginan Dream: A Novel by Seun(m): 8:17am On Nov 25, 2006
To buy this book:
http://www.dupeolorunjo.com/buyonline.html

You may actually enjoy her other book "Tailed" about a sickle-cell patient better.
Re: The Aireginan Dream: A Novel by lioness(f): 3:34pm On Dec 06, 2006
kool
Re: The Aireginan Dream: A Novel by osegwu(m): 2:02pm On Dec 09, 2006
I just got the Book and mine, it is worth every penny
I spent getting it
Thanks lady and more grease to your elbows.
Re: The Aireginan Dream: A Novel by Seun(m): 9:47pm On Dec 09, 2006
That someone ordered the book all the way from Port-Harcourt makes me say "wow"!
Re: The Aireginan Dream: A Novel by justkunmi(m): 1:28pm On Dec 12, 2006
the novel was good at the beginning then dropped in the middle. it picked up again towards the end but not as exciting as it was in the beginning.
twas good though, . .
good work from the author.

nb. why didn't she just name the book the NIGERIAN DREAM since she was clearly talking bout nigeria.
even the name AIREGIN is NIGERIA spelt backwards

(1) (2) (Reply)

Writing Requires Creativity, Patience, & Courage. It's Not Easy. / Alter Ego / The Bright Night..!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.