Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,772 members, 7,955,954 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:34 PM

I Need A Boer Goat Breed - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / I Need A Boer Goat Breed (22101 Views)

In Need Of Boer Goat / I Need Alpine And Boer Goats Please. / Red Sokoto (maradi) Goat Farm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need A Boer Goat Breed by iyb(m): 1:21pm On Sep 20, 2015
Cation:
pls guys what do these goats basically feed on and where can they be gotten ?
Wheat Barn Should Do
Re: I Need A Boer Goat Breed by Cation(m): 1:45pm On Sep 20, 2015
iyb:

Wheat Barn Should Do
i think their feeds are not readily available and abundant or maybe it might attract high cost of production.i think the ouda ram is a better option
Re: I Need A Boer Goat Breed by Pavore9: 3:03pm On Sep 20, 2015
Cation:
i think their feeds are not readily available and abundant or maybe it might attract high cost of production.i think the ouda ram is a better option

Anyone who can grow fodders through hydroponics would sharply reduce the cost of feeding them by about 50%
Re: I Need A Boer Goat Breed by Cation(m): 3:46pm On Sep 20, 2015
Pavore9:

Anyone who can grow fodders through hydroponics would sharply reduce the cost of feeding them by about 50%
@ pavore i dont really know much about them goats but i like to have them as farm animals.anyway u can be of help i will be glad to receive any useful information from u on this thread.
Re: I Need A Boer Goat Breed by iyb(m): 3:48pm On Sep 20, 2015
Oud ram is a good breed from Niger Republic and it grows fast but it is not as profitable as boer goats
Re: I Need A Boer Goat Breed by vpaymoney(m): 4:47pm On Sep 20, 2015
Can anyone help me to prepare a bankable goat farming / productions biz plan.? My white man demands for it before partnership. Pls help!!
Re: I Need A Boer Goat Breed by Cation(m): 4:47pm On Sep 20, 2015
@iyb. the problem now is where do we purchase the boer or khalahari goat in nigeria and also get a comprehensive guide on its upbring.
Re: I Need A Boer Goat Breed by iyb(m): 5:39pm On Sep 20, 2015
Cation:
@iyb. the problem now is where do we purchase the boer or khalahari goat in nigeria and also get a comprehensive guide on its upbring.
Someone mentioned jovana farms in lagos they have boer goats but they are expensive. i called sbz farms adamawa they used to have boer boats but they sold all of them but they are going to bring a new batch in December we could wait for that and there is a govt farm in niger state that have boer goats i am trying to get their contact number and call them.
in Jigawa state there is a village called maigatari they use to bring boer goats there i will go there on their market day and see whether i can find the goats

1 Like

Re: I Need A Boer Goat Breed by Cation(m): 6:10pm On Sep 20, 2015
iyb:

Someone mentioned jovana farms in lagos they have boer goats but they are expensive. i called sbz farms adamawa they used to have boer boats but they sold all of them but they are going to bring a new batch in December we could wait for that and there is a govt farm in niger state that have boer goats i am trying to get their contact number and call them.
in Jigawa state there is a village called maigatari they use to bring boer goats there i will go there on their market day and see whether i can find the goats
dats a good idea,i would have loved to do the samething as u would do but i stay in the south-west far from the north.

1 Like

Re: I Need A Boer Goat Breed by Nobody: 8:27pm On Sep 20, 2015
iyb:

A word of advise. Do not put your fate on Sebore, look somewhere else. I've been there a couple of times, and gone down ur path b4. They don't keep promises.

1 Like

Re: I Need A Boer Goat Breed by Cation(m): 8:38pm On Sep 20, 2015
Maple:

A word of advise. Do not put your fate on Sebore, look somewhere else. I've been there a couple of times, and gone down ur path b4. They don't keep promises.
i dont know why its hard to get those two breed viz boer nd khalahari
Re: I Need A Boer Goat Breed by mfm04622: 11:09am On Sep 22, 2015
Any new update? We shouldn't let this die
Re: I Need A Boer Goat Breed by choiceman(m): 1:00am On Sep 24, 2015
Yes, you can cross breed the Boer goats and Kalahari Reds, but you only need one buck for 30 to 40 ewes. One buck will easily cover 9 does, but it is up to you.

The C&F prices for the 10 Boer goats to Lagos, (excluding quarantine, blood tests etc – if needed in Nigeria) are as follows:

Young buck – from US$1 250.00 each
Young does – from US$750.00 each

The Kalahari Reds are US$100.00 per goat more expensive than the Boer goats.

Attached, please receive some photos of the Boer goats and Kalahari reds.

Above is one of the response I got from South Africa
Re: I Need A Boer Goat Breed by choiceman(m): 1:04am On Sep 24, 2015
Below is another feedback from SA:

The estimate price for the Boergoats are as follows –

Boergoat Rams                 : USD 600-USD800 each
Boergoat Does                  : USD 220-USD280 each

Airfreight costs as follows -

1 x Crate / 10 Live Boergoats
Dimensions: 300*140*80cm/1
Weight: 840kgs
Destination: Lagos, Nigeria

Airfreight JNB-LOS           : USD 7,500.00
Surcharges                          : USD    840.00
Transport crate                 : USD   800.00
Export clearance              : USD   100.00

Total AIRFREIGHT cost : USD 9,240.00

Please note that it would be much more viable for you to export 30-40 goats i.s.o 10 goats as the airfreight cost will stay the same.
Re: I Need A Boer Goat Breed by Pavore9: 4:33am On Sep 24, 2015
choiceman:
Below is another feedback from SA:

The estimate price for the Boergoats are as follows –

Boergoat Rams                 : USD 600-USD800 each
Boergoat Does                  : USD 220-USD280 each

Airfreight costs as follows -

1 x Crate / 10 Live Boergoats
Dimensions: 300*140*80cm/1
Weight: 840kgs
Destination: Lagos, Nigeria

Airfreight JNB-LOS           : USD 7,500.00
Surcharges                          : USD    840.00
Transport crate                 : USD   800.00
Export clearance              : USD   100.00

Total AIRFREIGHT cost : USD 9,240.00

Please note that it would be much more viable for you to export 30-40 goats i.s.o 10 goats as the airfreight cost will stay the same.

It is so on the high side, if there are no place to get them in Nigeria, l will suggest the search should be extended to the West African region because cost of transporting them would be reduced. l recall while staying in Ghana, there is a goat farm that imported over 40 boer goats from South Africa and cross bred them with a Malian variety, l knew some Priest friends who were on the waiting list to buy goats from the Farm way back then.
Re: I Need A Boer Goat Breed by felixzo1(m): 7:31am On Sep 24, 2015
matuskyoo7:
I recent want to venture into goat bizness, but the problem is where to get a pure breed of boer goat and kalahari red goat...anyone with useful information will be welcomed...
contact me, talk2fanen@gmail
.com www.nairaland.com/1812127/cattle-fattening-goat-farming-dairy
Re: I Need A Boer Goat Breed by matuskyoo7(m): 9:03am On Oct 03, 2015
I recently got a link to this boer and kalahari goat farm in Adamawa,sebore farm to be precise
The boer goat go for 50k per one
While the kalahari red goat go for 68k-80k per pair...but the issue is transporting diwn fron adamawa to western region, and i learnt that the boer goat needs more attention especially during raining season...so if you are interested let team up to do this

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need A Boer Goat Breed by nakscin(m): 6:13pm On Oct 03, 2015
I'm interested in the kalahari red goats...but just two bucks....so what's next...
Re: I Need A Boer Goat Breed by bry8ted(m): 9:39pm On Oct 03, 2015
funaab Abeokuta have Kalahari goats.....
Re: I Need A Boer Goat Breed by matuskyoo7(m): 10:07am On Oct 04, 2015
bry8ted:
funaab Abeokuta have Kalahari goats.....
funaab is not selling , the only keep the breed for reasearch purpose
Re: I Need A Boer Goat Breed by bry8ted(m): 11:44am On Oct 04, 2015
matuskyoo7:
funaab is not selling , the only keep the breed for reasearch purpose
OK. but will ask a friend to confirm
Re: I Need A Boer Goat Breed by chriswu(m): 12:05pm On Nov 18, 2016
iyb:

Found any at the market?
Re: I Need A Boer Goat Breed by chriswu(m): 1:03pm On Dec 02, 2016
Re: I Need A Boer Goat Breed by chriswu(m): 11:52am On Jan 07, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnws3K84B4E aparently boergoats are easy to feed
Re: I Need A Boer Goat Breed by chriswu(m): 5:01pm On Jan 07, 2017
iyb:

Wheat Barn Should Do

They eat just d regular food your goats eat.
Re: I Need A Boer Goat Breed by chriswu(m): 5:02pm On Jan 07, 2017
Its available in Nigeria but pricy.

1 Like

Re: I Need A Boer Goat Breed by olaide68(m): 10:48am On Jan 12, 2017
matuskyoo7:
Nigeria custom shouldn't be a problem since it will be well documented,i need to get a good farm in south africa that can do that for us,
I am very interested too I am from Ijebu Ode.Ogun state.
Re: I Need A Boer Goat Breed by chriswu(m): 12:02pm On Feb 01, 2017
Does anyone know if there is a special requirement by customs to bring in animals like goat from Ghana? Pls reply if u do
Re: I Need A Boer Goat Breed by chriswu(m): 9:57am On May 17, 2017
I believe it is 6000rand to import a goat. thats for the crate. meanwhile you can have two inside. a young boer kid in south africa goes for 300 to 700 rand depending on the pedigree. You could contact a dealer. Slimbone Lanre brings in dogs and he should be able to bring in Kids. +2348034245747
matuskyoo7:
I will like to know if we have anyone who is familiar with importation of animal from SA, i mean the procedures and cost .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

No more maize / How To Make Your Catfish Get To 2kg In 3 Months / Where To Buy Sea Salt, Himalayan Pink Salt In Nigeria- 08037749796

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.