Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,424 members, 7,822,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

Nitel Pensioners Should Come In - Jobs/Vacancies (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nitel Pensioners Should Come In (160415 Views)

Privatisation: NITEL, MTEL To Employ 10,000 Nigerians – NATCOM / Netcom- Successor To NITEL Is Recruiting? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by segzy3(m): 5:10pm On Jan 19, 2018
brosiye99:
I believe what you are trying to say is that PTAD said they will pay some arrears from the outstanding years but there is no clear information from PTAD yet on that. What i initially heard was that starting from January 2017 till date will be paid the monthly pension. So going by that, it will be from January 2017 till when the payment starts probably four months after febraury 2018 when the whole nitel/mtel will be verified. But that 4 months after verification far sha o.
I did my verification on Mon at alausa.the team head who was accompanied by a security officer addressed us and someone. Asked the question about arrears(6yrs)and he said it will be paid cos the details has been obtained from bpe but he said if the arrears is too much for them it will be splitted.same thing applies to NAN(will be paid) who are been owed many yrs also he said FHA is only owed four months which will be paid as well.I then asked him how long it will take to get alert and he said at the conclusion of the northern zone verification,everything will be taken to abuja for computation and it won't take long.the other man asked him how can we be sure of what he said,his reply was he is a xtian and he knows nitel people has suffered but it won't be long.he addressed us around 7:am monday

3 Likes

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by antiomic: 9:06pm On Jan 27, 2018
The world must hear this.

http://theimpossibleinstitute.com
https://www.change.org

Use the sites above to start a campaign, mobilize supporters, and work with decision makers to drive solutions.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 9:27pm On Jan 27, 2018
antiomic:
The world must hear this.

http://theimpossibleinstitute.com
https://www.change.org

Use the sites above to start a campaign, mobilize supporters, and work with decision makers to drive solutions.

Is this about Nitel/Mtel issue ?
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by antiomic: 9:46pm On Jan 27, 2018
BlakKluKluxKlan:

Is this about Nitel/Mtel issue ?

Yes. We can start a campaign, get the world involved. All we need is someone who can put a quality right up, stating how many Nitel staffs had died and how many are suffering due to this inhumane treatment by the government.

Once that is done, a link would be shared, then those having access to the Internet would follow the link and protest until we are attended to.

I am willing to share the write up on these platforms if any write up is provided me.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by obindomanya(m): 5:52pm On Jan 29, 2018
antiomic:

Yes. We can start a campaign, get the world involved. All we need is someone who can put a quality right up, stating how many Nitel staffs had died and how many are suffering due to this inhumane treatment by the government.

Once that is done, a link would be shared, then those having access to the Internet would follow the link and protest until we are attended to.

I am willing to share the write up on these platforms if any write up is provided me.
Abeg calm down. we ve finished with PTAD, dont go & start issues/ troubles/ aproko for us. We take God beg u . PTAD will start payments soon. latest ending february2018. Abeg Abeg.

1 Like

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 7:40pm On Jan 29, 2018
obindomanya:
Abeg calm down. we ve finished with PTAD, dont go & start issues/ troubles/ aproko for us. We take God beg u . PTAD will start payments soon. latest ending february2018. Abeg Abeg.

Please try not to give people false hopes through misinformation. Thanks.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by obynolucy: 10:15am On Feb 01, 2018
someone is trying to find a means of speeding up the four months up scheduled payment plan by ptad to enrich their pocket in millions before paying the old and weak who have suffered and many died and still thousands still bedridden and lacks the fund to pay for drugs and ur calling it making trouble for u. I guess the likes of u are the egotistical kind who thinks only abt themselves. if u knew a thing abt fraud ,then u wouldn't have opened ur month to voice that. I guess I should educate u that the so called money had already been approved by the minister for finance,each month its in the account of the so called ptad, do u know how much they make with ur billions and yet cos of their selfishness, had told u and I that they will start paying u from four to five months up words,not even specific. . that's one place our so called EFCC should have been effective and not fighting wars they can't never win

1 Like

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 12:47pm On Feb 01, 2018
obynolucy:
someone is trying to find a means of speeding up the four months up scheduled payment plan by ptad to enrich their pocket in millions before paying the old and weak who have suffered and many died and still thousands still bedridden and lacks the fund to pay for drugs and ur calling it making trouble for u. I guess the likes of u are the egotistical kind who thinks only abt themselves. if u knew a thing abt fraud ,then u wouldn't have opened ur month to voice that. I guess I should educate u that the so called money had already been approved by the minister for finance,each month its in the account of the so called ptad, do u know how much they make with ur billions and yet cos of their selfishness, had told u and I that they will start paying u from four to five months up words,not even specific. . that's one place our so called EFCC should have been effective and not fighting wars they can't never win

Thank you. The funds is already in PTAD's possession. She forgot she had acknowledged this much at a public forum comprising the press and representatives of all parastals to be verified. Turn round to tell us it's in the yet-to-be-approved budget is falsehood.

A colleague who travelled home from Texas for verification died in an accident after being verified. If someone with hopes and good health could die like that, how much more will those sick, bed-ridden and drug-dependent be utterly disillusioned by the man-made delay in payment.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 12:55pm On Feb 01, 2018
antiomic:

Such write-up needs no much elaboration than to highlight the rate our people are dieing, how many have died in the past year or so and how many are on sick bed and drug-dependent. Those statistics are quite essential and it can be posted directly to PTAD's handle.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by nannymcphee(f): 3:37am On Feb 04, 2018
I am confused about this whole thing. Just reading about PTAD now. My dad(deceased) retired from NITEL in 1995. He died 2009. He has been paid his 5yr buy out pension. We collected the remaining buyout in 2010 thereabout

Is he still entitled to anything?

Is this verification applicable to us?

I don't get ATEN, oluti or 25yrs buyout plan, can someone pls shed more light on this

CC
columnar
segzy3
michtz
brosiye99
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by Mpower(m): 5:44pm On Feb 04, 2018
nannymcphee:
I am confused about this whole thing. Just reading about PTAD now. My dad(deceased) retired from NITEL in 1995. He died 2009. He has been paid his 5yr buy out pension. We collected the remaining buyout in 2010 thereabout

Is he still entitled to anything?

Is this verification applicable to us?

I don't get ATEN, oluti or 25yrs buyout plan, can someone pls shed more light on this

CC
columnar
segzy3
michtz
brosiye99
Where have you been all this while?
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by nannymcphee(f): 7:59pm On Feb 04, 2018
Mpower:
Where have you been all this while?

This question doesn't help me in anyway na!

Since the buyout was paid, we all felt that was the end of it all. So pls can you enlighten me
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by theowane: 11:30pm On Feb 04, 2018
If your dad retired in 1995, and died in 2009, then I personally feel you are not entitled. I might be wrong though. You can ask the ptad people through their twitter handle @ptad
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by Mpower(m): 3:01pm On Feb 05, 2018
nannymcphee:

This question doesn't help me in anyway na!

Since the buyout was paid, we all felt that was the end of it all. So pls can you enlighten me

Sorry for the harsh question. You can send them email on this web mail. (info@ptad.gov.ng). They will direct you on every path you need follow. And u can visit ptad office if you like. Best of luck!
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by eddie7: 7:29am On Feb 07, 2018
Pension Transitional Arrangement Directorate(PTAD) has commenced the first and second phases of verification for pensioners of the Nigerian Telecommunications Limited (NiTEL) and its mobile subsidiary, MTEL, for the North Central Zone in Abuja.

The exercise which takes place on Monday at the Holy Trinity Catholic Church’s event Centre, Maitama, Abuja, would have over 4000 pensioners verified.

Sharon Ikeazor, executive secretary of PTAD, said that the number of pensioners for the exercise is about 600 persons everyday.

However, she noted, “but today, we have over 700 and we can only treat a minimum of 500 and 600 highest.

“We now ask them to come back the next day that is the exercise is opened for a week and when the whole exercise closes, they are free to walk into Lagos office or our Abuja office to get verified.”

According to Ikeazor, the exercise also took place in centres across Lagos, Enugu, Port Harcourt, Kano, Gombe and Abuja.

The directorate stated that the verification would attend to retirees and next of kin of deceased pensioners.

Earlier in his remarks, Brig. Gen. Adekunle Adesope , director of Military Pension Board who led a team of from the military pension board to observe how PTAD conducts its pensions verification exercise, said that the arrangement is commendable.

Adesope noted that, “the way the pensioners are coordinated and being treated in various segments is good, particularly you have a section that is dedicated to sick pensioners. On what the military pension board is taking away from the PTAD verification exercise, the Director said, it’s just the arrangement.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by obynolucy: 9:35pm On Feb 15, 2018
Evening house. Any one with latest information as regards the ptad verification of Abuja ,if its been concluded so we can then look forward to payment

1 Like

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by obindomanya(m): 7:07pm On Feb 26, 2018
PTAD whats up?
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by columnar: 11:50am On Feb 27, 2018
heard payment is far june
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by obindomanya(m): 4:13pm On Feb 28, 2018
columnar:
heard payment is far june
source
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by F00028: 4:49pm On Mar 08, 2018
PTAD Nigeria Retweeted
Sharon Ikeazor
‏@sharon_ikeazor
Replying to @kbolaoye @PTADNigeria

We are presently computing payments for the last verifications. Pls bear with us

https://twitter.com/PTADNigeria
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by brosiye99(m): 5:40pm On Mar 22, 2018
Just dropping by to say hi to everyone. I believe we will smile soon. Hope this 2018 budget won't delay things cos at the rate the national assembly and presidency are going, budget may be signed in June.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by Ancientdeb123: 7:29pm On Mar 22, 2018
Dogara said budget will be passed by the senate 24 april
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 9:05am On Mar 23, 2018
brosiye99:
Just dropping by to say hi to everyone. I believe we will smile soon. Hope this 2018 budget won't delay things cos at the rate the national assembly and presidency are going, budget may be signed in June.

Quite a long time.
No budget will spoil our match to joy, relax.
We'll get there.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by IbukunSangotola(m): 11:54pm On Mar 27, 2018
payment should be June cos budget is May
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by eddie7: 3:33pm On Apr 13, 2018
For Pensioners verified in Q4 2017 & Q1 2018 under the Parastatal Pension Department ( FHA,NNN, NICON, Nigerian-Re, DSC & NITEL/Mtel) the accurate computation of their benefits is currently being made. @FinMinNigeria
4:50 AM - 13 Apr 2018

https://mobile.twitter.com/i/web/status/984760779588165632

1 Like

Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by obynolucy: 6:51pm On Apr 17, 2018
thanks for these latest update on the process. the house gone completely mute for a long time now.
why can't these people tell us the exact month they with make the payment.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by Dagospelking: 12:42pm On Apr 20, 2018
Let's pray they don't say something else.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by brosiye99(m): 6:54pm On May 03, 2018
Happy new month people. MAY God keep us all to see the day we have been waiting for. Let's pray these politicians pass this budget in the soon.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by AnthCunny(m): 7:27pm On May 04, 2018
Please can anyone tell the estimate amount that will be paid as pension to Nitel ex-staffs monthly.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by obynolucy: 8:38pm On May 05, 2018
I am thinking the right question should have been how many years precisely are they willing to pay .
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by theowane: 12:14pm On May 16, 2018
I don't really trust this PTDA people. They are not clearly making their plans known. At least even before the verification, they should have stated very clearly how many years or months arrears they are willing and able to pay. I strongly believe they will end up paying peanuts at the end of the day.
Re: Nitel Pensioners Should Come In by Apus: 5:05pm On May 16, 2018
Senate finally passes 2018 Appropriation bill (budget) today. PTAD, the ball is now in your court.

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (35) (Reply)

Career Websites Of The 25 Banks In Nigeria / Anheuser-Busch InBev Global Management Trainee (GMT) Program / Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2014/2015 Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.