Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,965 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

Dance Movies In Nigeria? - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Dance Movies In Nigeria? (9032 Views)

Top 10 Pirated Movies In The World / Introducing High School Movies In Nollywood! / Nigerian Movies In One Word? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? by chichimma(f): 6:13pm On Oct 29, 2006
What is wrong with other dances? Does it have to be Hip-hop? While other thousands of dances are in Nigeria. Then, I do not see the point of making Nigerian dance movie, when one just want to copy the Americans.

Do you know that there are dancing movies that established a new dance such as 'Dirty Dancing'? One can create a script that focus on that or on the process of an existing dance
The goal of a dance movie could be to introduce a new dance, something unique and different rather than an imitation. I don't think that one should just focus on Hiphop solely in an environment like Nigeria where many other trends are ongoing.
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? by saintkola(m): 9:40pm On Oct 29, 2006
u've got a point there !
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? by saintkola(m): 8:53pm On Oct 31, 2006
but seriously, i cant buy a naija 'fuji' or sum kind of local dance film.
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? by freaskie(m): 3:39am On Nov 02, 2006
A fusion of many dances will be interesting. We've got good dancers all over the country, all round african traditional, to latin traditional, ballet, hiphop. So with a very good script, agood dance movie can be produced. I'm a dancer so I know what I'm talking about.

Almost no producer in the country has the long time to spend producing just one movie. 5 days is the normal shooting period for a movie in NIgeria (sharp sharp). Money is also an issue.
WE'll get there one day, I know
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? by jaybaby(f): 9:40am On Nov 02, 2006
S-Kola y cant u buy a FUJI Dance Movie ?

All we want is smtin that will catch our attention ,smtin that will make us glue 2 our seat.

There r sm Fuji songs you listen to that r PARTY jamz,if u dnt know
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? by saintkola(m): 3:01pm On Nov 02, 2006
datz true sha, i meant 2 say dat d movie should be a mix of different kinds of dances.
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? by simmy(m): 6:19pm On Nov 02, 2006
weve not been able to produce normal films yet na dance movie we wan do,
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? by saintkola(m): 3:23pm On Nov 16, 2006
by d way, what will be d appropriate title ?
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? by jaybaby(f): 5:19pm On Nov 16, 2006
wANNA dANCE lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? by saintkola(m): 1:50am On Nov 17, 2006
?
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? by tianshie(m): 8:39pm On Nov 18, 2006
:d :d :d :d :d
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? by jaybaby(f): 8:54pm On Nov 18, 2006
What Kola?
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? by Radiant(f): 9:18am On Nov 19, 2006
lmao. . . .Jay u are so. . . lipsrsealed
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? by jaybaby(f): 8:48pm On Nov 19, 2006
So wat?
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? by saintkola(m): 12:09pm On Nov 22, 2006
lol
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? by gbadex1(m): 5:40pm On Nov 22, 2006
Dance movies in Nigeria? Sure we do have 'em. Just buy a cd of Obesere's "Egun- gun be Careful" and you'd see for urself!!!!
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? by saintkola(m): 7:30pm On Nov 23, 2006
get real boy. lol
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? by jaybaby(f): 8:21am On Nov 24, 2006
smiley smiley
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? by katherinae(f): 4:39am On Dec 03, 2006
well whoever decides to make a dance movie, sign my daddy up, he claims to know this great cultural dance that him and his so called crew used to do to woo the ladies back in the day, grin see what i mean, its going to take a lot, and i mean a lot of work, for a dance movie to emerge and be good, well the way i see it if the indians can do it in their movie so can we.
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? by saintkola(m): 1:33am On Dec 08, 2006
lol
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? by gianni(f): 1:11am On Dec 09, 2006
who says nollywood doesn't have dance movies?have you seen alajota by toyin aimakhu or ijo ya by laide bakare.it's not much but it's a [good] starting block.dem try sha. undecided
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? by omogenaija(f): 1:35am On Apr 18, 2007
they have alajota
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? by jagunlabi(m): 8:02pm On Apr 21, 2007
Una dey watch hausa movies so?Na so so dance and music.
BTW,has any of you seen Kelani's CAMPUS QUEEN?The closest thing to a musical,coming from the south.
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? by frogchef: 8:16pm On May 09, 2007
I really REALLY NEED TO KNOW ABOUT NIGERIAN DANCES. I NEED TO KNOW MOVES TO IT AND EVERYTHING!!!!! Well only to one dance, but to which ever one you think is the most coolest dance. HELP ME!!! cry
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? by naijadiva2(f): 8:40pm On May 09, 2007
watch music videos and follow the dance steps.
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? by donan(m): 12:48am On May 11, 2007
I dont think we need dance movies in naija.
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? by pmdaboh(f): 2:21am On May 11, 2007
[b]I am African American, and I married a Nigerian man. He and my stepson will be joining me in the states next month. I got married in Apapa, Lagos, Nigeria. Since I have come back to the states, I have ordered many African movies.

In my opinion, rather than focus on movies that incorporate "dance", I believe when a film producer can produce an African movie that matches America's "screen brillance", such as: great special effects (like in Spiderman 3 and many of our movies), that film producer will be BIG in Africa.

African movies are way behind in respect to quality on the screen. Whether it is a movie that has dance or not, when African's technology can match the Movie Technology in more modern societies, than that will be great!

I will say, even without great quality, I still enjoy watching the movies (they are different)!

And, yes, African dances are much different. I notice that African movements are concentrated greatly on the bottom half of the body, whereas American dances incorporate the entire body to show expression. Different cultures, but there is beauty in both of them! smiley
[/b]
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? by outlaws(m): 2:39am On May 11, 2007
cool
To:Pmdaboh:
Don’t you ever criticize the Nigerian film industry. Don’t you know that they are among the top 3 in the world? If the white man brought in movie making skills the time they brought slavery to Nigeria. Nigeria maybe have been the number one in the film business.

If you disagree, go figure.
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? by pmdaboh(f): 2:48am On May 11, 2007
[b]I have a right to my OWN opinion, and who are you to tell me what or what not to say?  I have watched a lot of movies, American and now African, and my eyes can tell the difference between dynamic special effects, and an industry that has outstanding story lines (African movies), but need much  . .much improvement in the area of screen presentation.

If you read my comments, I was extremely tactful (giving praise to both industries), and I am a grown woman that has a mind to think and feel for herself.

Your rebuff is very interesting!  I am an American citizen, but I will be the first one to say we have a lot of good things going on, but we are not the experts on every subject and we could improve in a lot of areas.  I find your comment, which if I was not mature could get greatly offended, to be immature and just plain rude.

My statement and opinion holds . .great movies . .but they are lacking much screen presence (modern technology, special effects, outstanding stunts)!  It is my opinion, and I won't TAKE IT BACK!!  How can any industry or country grow, if they are not willing to accept the opinions, thoughts, and input from other cultures?  What does the "white man" have to do with the film industry? Please focus on what my comment was about (quality films, whether they are movies that have dance steps in them or not). You cannot or will not grow, if you cannot take anyone's opinion other than YOUR OWN!
[/b]
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? by pmdaboh(f): 3:04am On May 11, 2007
[b]One more note in reference to the white man bringing slavery to Nigeria.  I have a B.S. Degree in Business Administation, and I am a teacher (Business Education).  In one of my courses, African History, we studied where slavery was originally practiced first by Africans--not white men.  Slavery was taking place in Africa way before the white man ever stepped their foot on its shore.  Some tribes would capture Africans from other tribes and sell them (not to white men, but to other Africans).  I am a product of when white men brought  the FIRST slaves to Charleston, South Carolina.  Although I am African American, I have Blackfoot Indian, Irish (white people), and actually white people in my family.  Maybe that is why I am not anit-white, even as an African American, for many cultures inter-mingle and marry within other cultures.  I have one brother married to an Italian girl, and one brother married to a Jamacian girl.  I have mixed (white and African American) nephews.  I married a Nigerian man, so our family is very diverse.  The white man crutch is getting old.  What you do or accomplish as an individual, no matter what your culture is what is important.[/b]
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? by WesleyanA(f): 7:16am On May 11, 2007
pmdaboh:

In one of my courses, African History, we studied where slavery was originally practiced first by Africans--not white men.

you know that before Africans were mass imported to the new world, native Americans were used as slaves, but that was unsuccessful.
and you know there are white men in Europe too and they fought wars and took slaves and all that, right?
and that people practice slavery for different purposes, to take them as servants, wives, soldiers, forced labor etc.

so, you need prove for your statement that "slavery was originally practiced first by Africans--not white men"

______

@topic, what's wrong in genny & omotola dancing in movies? lol
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? by McDoe(m): 7:22am On May 11, 2007
We actually need to improve on every aspects of our movies and not just dancing alone. We should depart from the present style of producing only "emotions-invoking" stuffs. Does it mean, we cannot produce a movie without necessrily creating sobs and crying scenes?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which Is Best ?hisense Vs Polystar Tv / The Game , New Ghana Movie / What’s Your Favorite Christmas Movie?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.