Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,209 members, 7,815,222 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

Dance Movies In Nigeria? - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Dance Movies In Nigeria? (9033 Views)

Top 10 Pirated Movies In The World / Introducing High School Movies In Nollywood! / Nigerian Movies In One Word? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? by pmdaboh(f): 10:40am On May 11, 2007
[b]Actually, when we were told those facts (that slavery was first practiced in Africa prior to white men ever stepping foot on its shore) was totally surprising to us.  I took African History as an elective, which I feel should have been a required course, but I wanted to know more about Africa.  Now I do not remember the African History book that I was taught out of, for I graduated form college in 2003, but the professor still teaches it at the University where I received my degree.  I can ask him about it, get the name of the book and author and get back with you.  I do not know how soon I will get a reply, for that depends on how soon he responds.  But I "never" forgot that statement and fact.  Slavery was indeed practiced by many cultures, but I was addressing the statment that was made by another about white men brought slavery (practices) to Nigeria.  When indeed slavery was already being practiced, according to what I was taught, within Africa before a white man came on shore.  If we look in all the practices of all of our culutes, we will see facts that we are proud of and not so proud of.  I also rember how Shaka Zulu was given credit in the history books for being way of ahead of his time strategically in that he had the brillance to bring tribes together.  He took a Zulu tribe from a small clan and formed a nation that reigned over a large part of Southern African between Phongolo and Mzimkhulu rivers.   Of course, some of his methods were cruel, but he strategically formed a strong alliance and invented many strategic battle moves, which gave him many victories.  If something is a fact, than it is just a fact in history  unless it can be proven to be false.   We have our history (Slavery in America) as well, which is hard to digest at times or accept, but it is a fact.  [/b]
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? by temmyabby(f): 11:03am On May 11, 2007
aahhh, dance movies in Nigeria, lets master the one we are doing first now grin
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? by pisces20: 5:18pm On May 11, 2007
they probably think it's childish or they simply don't know how to dance.
okay is it stella damasus dat will dance or patience ozokwor or ini edo. hmm.
anyway you can watch games men play. i think they danced at the end of the movie.
sha they tried.
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? by outlaws(m): 10:55pm On May 11, 2007
cool
To:Pmdaboh:

What are trying to prove? Are you trying to teach us U.S. version of African history?This is Nairaland, if you don't know go and ask. Your post is full of shit.
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? by WesleyanA(f): 1:53am On May 15, 2007
@pmdabor, like i said earlier, there are different forms of slavery. The one you're talking about is one of the worst form of forced labor slavery in history.
that wasn't practiced in Nigeria. sorry.

Are you trying to teach us U.S. version of African history?

maybe she should read an American History textbook written by a Nigerian and see what it says. lol
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? by outlaws(m): 5:21am On May 15, 2007
cool
Word
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? by Elpee(f): 4:28pm On May 15, 2007
First of all most dances u see in d US originate out of of course Native dances from all around d world especially Africa as most of d US population consists of Black Americans who have African roots.

Secondly the Naija industry shuld improve on d quality of their videos, makeover, wardrobe and girls, boys they use in films b4 dey can think of advancing, i watched a film where one room was used for 4 diiferent scenes d furniture was just shuffled around, den all d echoin noises we don't want to hear dat, den playin music when someone is talkin who cares, especially when its crap, den d idea of playin foreign music there r soooo many faults in d naija movie industry, ranging from technical to the actors themselves,

All these shuld b corrected before they think of going anywhere, with dance movies,  with all those actors that are on the verge of retiring,
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? by lawakpan(m): 8:39pm On May 16, 2007
hello,
i am lawrence.a dancer,slash choreographer,likewise an actor and fashion designer.
about the dance movie.i have thought of it.I and my friend have written the story(a cute one) already.so for more information.get me on bigboyslaw@yahoo.com
08025822510,. peace
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? by freaskie(m): 5:39am On Jun 18, 2007
We need to use those big names as lead actors or actresses in dance movies.
Just like in Honey- they can be supportive.
But we don't have that kind of time and money to spend on just one movie in Nigeria.
We will not get there very fast in Nigeria. And I'm very positive!
So many factors are count against us.
Number One is our mentality, the way we think
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? by saintkola(m): 6:51pm On Dec 13, 2007
Whatz wit d advertisement? @ law-akpan
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? by playmate(f): 10:23pm On Dec 13, 2007
lol in naija  shocked weeeeeeeel lemme see.if u re xpectin one den u ll av 2 wait until d set of ramsey noah,omotola nd co nd also dos producers who tink of useless luv movies leave nollywood cs dey really dnt seem like pple who'll av tym 4 a dance movie nd very few nigerians cn dance gud enuf 4 a dance movie.anyway i heard ders one yoruba dance movie its called ijoya,,,,,,,hmmm i wonda hw it will b undecided
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? by saintkola(m): 8:08am On Dec 14, 2007
Hvnt heard of it, do ya know any of d cast?
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? by playmate(f): 9:19pm On Dec 14, 2007
@saintkola
well i tink dear olu maintain featured in it i cn already imagine hw it'll b wink
Re: Dance Movies In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:53am On Dec 15, 2007
anything like that? cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which Is Best ?hisense Vs Polystar Tv / The Game , New Ghana Movie / What’s Your Favorite Christmas Movie?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.