Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,478 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

Angry Workers Batter Journalists In Osun - PUNCH - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Angry Workers Batter Journalists In Osun - PUNCH (723 Views)

Soldiers Attack Journalists In Umuahia, Destroy Properties / Angry Workers Nearly Attacked Policemen At Abuja May Day Rally (Photo) / Fulani Herdsmen Obstruct Okorocha And Journalists In Owerri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Angry Workers Batter Journalists In Osun - PUNCH by HzRF(m): 8:46pm On Sep 15, 2015
Irate workers in Osun State on Tuesday battered journalists from MITV, Abass Okandeji and ONTV reporter, Adeniyi Folorunsho, during a protest.
The incident happened at the State Government’s Secretariat when the journalists in company with their colleagues went to cover the protest by the workers over non-payment of their salaries.
Our correspondent gathered that the network journalists were dealt several blows by the irate workers who thought they were working for a government owned media organisation.
The prompt response of officials of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps and colleagues of the victims prevented a further battering the journalists.
Okandeji, who spoke on the telephone with our correspondent said he was mistaken for a journalist from the media organisation the workers considered to be unfriendly to them.
He said, ” I was treated at the clinic inside the secretariat, I have chest pain, but Folorunsho has cut on his hand. His camera was also damaged by our attackers.”
He said he was at the Ataoja Police Station where he had gone to make a formal report to the police on the attack.
The chairman Nigeria Union of Journalists, Osun State chapter, Mr. Biodun Olakere, when contacted on the telephone by our correspondent condemned the attack.
He said, “The attack was unfortunate and we condemn it. The NLC chairman has apologised and we have accepted the apology, but we have asked the two gentlemen beaten to identify just one out of those who beat them and we would ensure that that one is dealt with.
” We know that the leadership of the labour union was not behind it, but it was the handiwork of some misguided persons. We will ensure that those who perpetrated the act face the wrath of the law.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/angry-workers-batter-journalists-in-osun/
Re: Angry Workers Batter Journalists In Osun - PUNCH by bluaero(m): 8:46pm On Sep 15, 2015
A hungry mob is an angry mob cheesy
Re: Angry Workers Batter Journalists In Osun - PUNCH by SeverusSnape(m): 8:48pm On Sep 15, 2015
Hehehehehehehehehehe
Re: Angry Workers Batter Journalists In Osun - PUNCH by SeverusSnape(m): 8:49pm On Sep 15, 2015
bluaero:
A hungry mob is an angry mob cheesy
Gbam! grin
Re: Angry Workers Batter Journalists In Osun - PUNCH by OZAOEKPE(f): 8:50pm On Sep 15, 2015
"this is just the first phase of their suffering, its going to be a long and painful suffering, until they starts setting themselves ablaze I refuse to take them serious. Awon oloshi, they voted for change and now they want me to pity them". Quote me anywhere.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Angry Workers Batter Journalists In Osun - PUNCH by baralatie(m): 9:00pm On Sep 15, 2015
hunger name is baad thing!
Re: Angry Workers Batter Journalists In Osun - PUNCH by HzRF(m): 9:03pm On Sep 15, 2015
They tot dey are osbc (state media turned aregbe Media house)
Re: Angry Workers Batter Journalists In Osun - PUNCH by psucc(m): 9:16pm On Sep 15, 2015
When hungry lions are let loose. . .
Re: Angry Workers Batter Journalists In Osun - PUNCH by oduastates: 9:18pm On Sep 15, 2015
Unfit to serve . That is assault right there and it is a criminal offence
Sack them all.
Re: Angry Workers Batter Journalists In Osun - PUNCH by menix(m): 9:20pm On Sep 15, 2015
Pinshure of the beating joor..
Re: Angry Workers Batter Journalists In Osun - PUNCH by psucc(m): 10:36am On Sep 16, 2015
oduastates:
Sack them all.
It may not be right for use to laugh at the misfortunes of others.

It is not party that the Osun workers were holding nor did they took that action as a result intoxication from too much wining.

Thank God the Journalists themselves understood and forgave them. I wish the do so totally.
Re: Angry Workers Batter Journalists In Osun - PUNCH by Trailblazer1(m): 10:39am On Sep 16, 2015
they should channel their aggression to Aregbesola and his APC supporters both online and offline

especially those that come here to tell us that the IGR of osun is higher than that of the entire south east combined

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Angry Workers Batter Journalists In Osun - PUNCH by fitzmayowa: 10:57am On Sep 16, 2015
Osun people wanted ''CHANGE'' and ''CHANGE'' they got, this is a lesson for the people of osun that not all ''CHANGE'' is positive ''CHANGE''...

Nigerians can only hope the people of osun already learnt their lesson come 2018...SMH

1 Like

Re: Angry Workers Batter Journalists In Osun - PUNCH by OZAOEKPE(f): 11:00am On Sep 16, 2015
oduastates:
Sack them all.
"afonjas are now seeing things clearly now".
Re: Angry Workers Batter Journalists In Osun - PUNCH by ERODEDEAST(f): 11:20am On Sep 16, 2015
Injoin the CHANGI from different angle
Re: Angry Workers Batter Journalists In Osun - PUNCH by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:24am On Sep 16, 2015
Osun Workers are vexing o. I wish they can descend on Aregbe.

There only sin was electing Aregbe and APC

(1) (Reply)

I Have Forgotten The Immediate Past Vice Presidents Name? / Rivers Gov. Polls: 4 More Witnesses Confirm Wike Won April Election / Alison-madueke’s Husband Sends Powerful Legal Team To UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.