Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,052 members, 7,818,158 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

Should I Open A Joint Account? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Open A Joint Account? (1177 Views)

At What Age Should I Open Bank Account For My Child? / Can You Have A Joint Account With Your Spouse? Please Give Reasons! / Is It Advisable For A Couple To Open Joint Account??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Open A Joint Account? by marriagearian: 10:23am On Sep 16, 2015
Hello Marriagearian,

Thank you for the good work you are doing.

Please let the good people of the People's Court assist me with an issue between my fiancée and I.

I come from a comfortable home, I have a good job. Combining my inheritance and savings from a sizeable monthly income will make me a 'hundred-millionaire'. My fiancée  on the other hand is from a humble background and works as a Front Desk Officer in an SME. I'm not bothered about her financial status because I love her so much and I know I have what it takes to sustain my family.

But now, my fiancée  wants us to open a joint account where either (not both) of us can sign out money, as category A signatories. I'm just wondering, should I open a joint account with her?

Source - http://www.marriagearian.com/2015/09/peoples-court-should-i-maintain-joint.html?m=1

Twitter - @ marriagearian

Facebook - Marriagearian
Re: Should I Open A Joint Account? by adedayourt(m): 10:23am On Sep 16, 2015
y
Re: Should I Open A Joint Account? by IamRespected: 10:39am On Sep 16, 2015
Are u ma@@ddd ? A fiancee ? I dy craze?

1 Like

Re: Should I Open A Joint Account? by Nobody: 10:43am On Sep 16, 2015
pls don't even try it or even think about it, you will regret it.

1 Like

Re: Should I Open A Joint Account? by Richy4(m): 11:05am On Sep 16, 2015
Please do not go there bro. It is not the wisest thing to do no matter the love.

You said so yourself that you don't care about what she was earning so why would she ask for a joint account.

Trust me money has a way of making once a happy family..........

Expecially when you demand for the bank statement and discover the unnecessary spending.

Tell her with a smile bro that you will pass on that offer.
Re: Should I Open A Joint Account? by moris01(m): 11:56am On Sep 16, 2015
brother u r sleeping on okada o
Re: Should I Open A Joint Account? by taryour(f): 12:08pm On Sep 16, 2015
sharp girl. lol . op, if you like sleep off with your eyes open and watch how she sells off your head in broad daylight. joint account ko, together account ni. I just hate the sound of joint account.
Re: Should I Open A Joint Account? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Sep 16, 2015
You never marry you Don dey get heart attack for your small money grin.

Anyway do what you think it's best.

Joint account for All funds
Joint account for just household funds

Or separate accounts.

You know your fiancee more than us. So use your teeth to count your tongue. Or the reverse
Re: Should I Open A Joint Account? by nnamdibig(m): 12:39pm On Sep 16, 2015
You can open a joint account with her but what matter is the amount of money you put there. She will not use money that is not in the account.

1 Like

Re: Should I Open A Joint Account? by pet4ril(f): 2:34pm On Sep 16, 2015
Maybe she knows /see you are not managing your money well. If you know she's good, just do it cos women if the good one knows how to run a home account comfortably with good future plans that you will have to thank her later on
Re: Should I Open A Joint Account? by MMotimo: 3:18pm On Sep 16, 2015
A joint account should be a joint decision. If one party has reservations about it, then why do it? There is a reason why you are not comfortable with the idea and if that can't be resolved in a satisfactory manner, you should go with your mind.

I have been married a long time and we have practised it from day 1. Till this day, there has been no whiff of suspicion nor accusation because of it, nobody is building anything anywhere without the other, nobody is sending money anywhere without the other's knowledge. I can tell you it works . . . . . .with the right couple that have the right mindset.

It may not work in a lot of cases but no time to go into examples

2 Likes

Re: Should I Open A Joint Account? by bukatyne(f): 3:22pm On Sep 16, 2015
MMotimo:
A joint account should be a joint decision. If one party has reservations about it, then why do it? There is a reason why you are not comfortable with the idea and if that can't be resolved in a satisfactory manner, you should go with your mind.

I have been married a long time and we have practised it from day 1. Till this day, there has been no whiff of suspicion nor accusation because of it, nobody is building anything anywhere without the other, nobody is sending money anywhere without the other's knowledge. I can tell you it works . . . . . .with the right couple that have the right mindset.

It may not work in a lot of cases but no time to go into examples
Re: Should I Open A Joint Account? by Kimoni: 1:58am On Sep 17, 2015
Joint account ko, joint accused ni

(1) (Reply)

(talking Pictures): Lesson For Guyz... / How Do U Handle Situations Like This / Twins Conjoined At The Head Look At Each Other For The First Time!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.