Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,200 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

Ambode Indicts Fashola On N489.690b 2015 Budget - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode Indicts Fashola On N489.690b 2015 Budget (2279 Views)

Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) / Fashola On Inspection Tour Of Ministry Of Power, Works & Housing Project / Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ambode Indicts Fashola On N489.690b 2015 Budget by DONSMITH123(m): 2:20pm On Sep 16, 2015
• Says Ex-Gov Implemented 97% Recurrent, 29% Capital Expenditures •Seeks Budget Re-ordering

The frosty relationship between the Lagos State Governor, Akinwunmi Ambode, and his predecessor, Babatunde Fashola, further degenerated yesterday as a letter indicting the previous administration of abysmal implementation of the 2015 budget was read on the floor of the state House of Assembly.

Ambode took over from Fashola on May 29, 2015. He has, since then, cancelled some of the contracts and agreements entered into by the Fashola’s administration and also released indicting information about the amounts approved by the last administration for certain contracts.

The Government had posted information on the official website of the state’s Public Procurement Agency (PPA) http://www.lagosppa.gov.ng about the list of contracts awarded under the Fashola administration. The list stated that Fashola had spent N78.3 million on his personal website, http://www.tundefashola.com, in 2014, and another N139 million on the drilling of two boreholes at the Lagos House, Ikeja.

The information generated uproar from the public who had viewed the former governor as a Spartan administrator.

Fashola, however, fired back describing the development as an attempt to drag him into a dirty pig fight.

Government has, however, removed the controversial information from the section listing all the contracts awarded under the Fashola administration between 2013 and 2014.

In a letter dated September 3, 2015, Ambode had urged the House of Assembly to grant the re-ordering of the N489.690 billion 2015 budget to jumpstart some infrastructural projects approved by the Fashola administration and complete certain ongoing projects in the state.

The governor, in the letter, revealed that as at June 30, 2015, a month after Fashola handed over to him, the overall performance of the budget stood at 63 per cent, a distant leg from the set target of 100 per cent.

Ambode had described the Fashola administration’s attention to capital projects in his last budget as “abysmal”.

The governor writes: “When further analysed, the recurrent expenditure stood at 97 per cent, while capital expenditure was at an abysmal 29 per cent performance, portending a 24:76 capital/recurrent ratio.”

This level of performance, according to Ambode, made it imperative to go back to the drawing board to structure a more conscientious approach to tilt the total capital investment in the remaining months of the 2015 budget so as to meet the target capital/recurrent ratio of 51:49.

According to the Governor, a sum of N23.97 billion would need to be re-ordered, out of which, the sum of N18.278 billion would be voted for capital projects, while N5.697 billion is meant for recurrent expenditure.

Reasons for the re-ordering, according to the letter, include construction of pedestrian bridge at Ojodu Berger and construction of fly-over bridges at Ajah Roundabout and Pen Cinema, Agege.

The letter said further that the budget re-ordering proposal would cater for the continuation of the construction of blue light rail project; continuation of the construction of Lekki-Epe Expressway and acquisition of emergency/rescue helicopters and heavy duty equipment (cranes and forklift) and for employment, trust fund and wealth creation programmes.

He, however, noted that the government would not present any supplementary budget for the remaining year because of lack of new revenue sources to fund the appropriations.

“It is worthy of note that we are constrained by the fact that there are no new revenue sources for the remaining months of the year, and as a result, we would not be in a position to propose a Supplementary Budget. Hence, the recourse to a re-ordering of the Y2015 Budget,” the letter reads.

Meanwhile, the Assembly has constituted an eight-man ad hoc committee to look into the governor’s letter.

Rotimi Olowo from Shomolu Constituency 1 would serve as Chairman of the committee, while members include Desmond Elliot, Ibrahim Layode, Rasheed Makinde, Dayo Saka Fafunmi, Yinka Ogundimu, Mojeed Fatai Adebola and Alimi Kassim.

The committee is to report back to the House on Tuesday, September 22, 2015.

Debating the matter on the floor of the House, Saka Fafunmi had suggested that it was necessary to set-up a committee to look into the request, and Segun Olulade supported, saying the letter was overdue.

Olulade said further that the state yearns for infrastructural development, adding that the issue should be addressed as early as possible.

In his contribution, Olumuyiwa Jimoh, who is the Deputy Majority Leader of the House, said that the presentation of the 2016 budget was close-by and that this could affect the budget re-ordering, adding that the attention of the governor should be called to the need for the House to approve the merging of ministries.

Gbolahan Yishawu from Eti Osa Constituency II suggested that the matter should be given a speedy attention and a thorough look by the House.

“The executive council should give us enough insight into collections of revenue to know how the different agencies are performing. We should look at this when we are considering next year’s budget. A particular source can increase even if we don’t have a new source,” he said.

However, Tobun Abiodun from Epe Constituency 1 observed that the content of the letter was straightforward enough and that there was no need for the House to raise an ad hoc committee to handle the matter.

He urged the House to give an express passage to Ambode’s request, as the House had done so in the past.

But Ibrahim Layode from Badagry 1 faulted Tobun’s comment, and urged the Speaker to ask him to withdraw his statement.

Layode said he had been in the House since 2007 and there was never a time when the House gave express passage on such request.

Others such as Funmilayo Tejuosho, Kasunmu Adedamola, Victor Akande and Saka Solaja supported the setting up of a committee to look into the request.

In his submission, Speaker Mudashiru Obasa said that Ambode should be commended for continuing with the projects of the former governor.

“It shows that members of our party work hand in hand. Most of the things written in the letter are part of the resolutions of the House. The Governor deserves commendation and we should support him at all times,” he stated.

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2015/09/ambode-indicts-fashola-on-n489-690b-2015-budget/

Re: Ambode Indicts Fashola On N489.690b 2015 Budget by oluwaSmith1(f): 2:22pm On Sep 16, 2015
we are waiting.
Re: Ambode Indicts Fashola On N489.690b 2015 Budget by seguun(m): 2:23pm On Sep 16, 2015
seriously?
Re: Ambode Indicts Fashola On N489.690b 2015 Budget by Nobody: 2:24pm On Sep 16, 2015
"Reasons for the re-ordering, according to the letter, include construction of pedestrian bridge at Ojodu Berger and construction of fly-over bridges at Ajah Roundabout and Pen Cinema, Agege". Makes sense cheesy

"The letter said further that the budget re-ordering proposal would cater for the continuation of the construction of blue light rail project; continuation of the construction of Lekki-Epe Expressway and acquisition of emergency/rescue helicopters and heavy duty equipment (cranes and forklift)". Makes sense wink

"....employment, trust fund and wealth creation programmes". What animals are these? undecided

Ambode sef...i think he has rebooted his leadership style grin
Re: Ambode Indicts Fashola On N489.690b 2015 Budget by OnankpaBa(m): 2:24pm On Sep 16, 2015
Maka y Mr Ambode? But come to think of it, i think Rotimi Ameachi and Mr Fashola are in the same boat.

Two thieves. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ambode Indicts Fashola On N489.690b 2015 Budget by kazmanbanjoko(m): 2:26pm On Sep 16, 2015
Buhari should probe fashola and balance everytin.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Indicts Fashola On N489.690b 2015 Budget by OnankpaBa(m): 2:27pm On Sep 16, 2015
kazmanbanjoko:
Buhari should probe fashola and balance everytin.

Thank you Jare. If Buhari is really serious about the change he preach , Fashola and Ameachi should be probe.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Indicts Fashola On N489.690b 2015 Budget by oluwaSmith1(f): 2:29pm On Sep 16, 2015
OnankpaBa:

Thank you Jare. If Buhari is really serious about the change he preach , Fashola and Ameachi should be probe.

you have started again. Did you have any issue with Ameachi? The thread is all about Fashola and not Ameachi.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Indicts Fashola On N489.690b 2015 Budget by OnankpaBa(m): 2:30pm On Sep 16, 2015
oluwaSmith1:

you have started again. Did you have any issue with Ameachi? The thread is all about Fashola and not Ameachi.

silence is the best answer to a fool like you.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Indicts Fashola On N489.690b 2015 Budget by atlwireles: 2:31pm On Sep 16, 2015
Just Imagine if PDP had won in Lagos, the expo for kill persin. Wike and Amaechi would be child's play. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Ambode Indicts Fashola On N489.690b 2015 Budget by OZAOEKPE(f): 2:37pm On Sep 16, 2015
oluwaSmith1:

"you this 3-legged demon, you better close your dirty brains, stfu". Quote me anywhere.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Indicts Fashola On N489.690b 2015 Budget by hob(m): 2:39pm On Sep 16, 2015
Dis Ambode no dey hear word

Leave Fashola alone nd do your work

I don talk my own

5 Likes

Re: Ambode Indicts Fashola On N489.690b 2015 Budget by Guk: 2:43pm On Sep 16, 2015
To indict means: To accuse of wrongdoing or criticize severely

The OP either does know the meaning of the word or he just copied and pasted from another source without reviewing the contents.

It is common practice, that when you take over from someone mid way into a financial year, to reappraise your working tools and seek to re tool to meet your needs, which is what Ambode is seeking to do.

A few things must be highlighted here: 97% performance of recurrent shows he met his liabilities before he departed and thats why people are probably not complaining of been owed.

As for the state Assembly, any playing to gallery exposes their seriousness to governance because (1) They were involved in YEAR 2015 BUDGET CALL (2) They passed the 2015 Budget as presented to them.

They need to look at Ambode's request vis a vis what they earlier passed; match it with the quarterly Budget performance report provided by Min of Budget and Planning; compare it with their own oversight functions and decide whether to approve or not....simple.

Am sorry, but this request has absolutely nothing to do with Fashola

3 Likes

Re: Ambode Indicts Fashola On N489.690b 2015 Budget by Nobody: 2:51pm On Sep 16, 2015
Good for our democracy.
Re: Ambode Indicts Fashola On N489.690b 2015 Budget by fitzmayowa: 3:04pm On Sep 16, 2015
Obiagelli:
Good for our democracy.

This indeed good for our democracy, no shielding of public servants whether past or present, whether they belong to the same party or not...

Every corruption in government must be exposed, the people who gave their mandate needs to know, kudos ambode...
Re: Ambode Indicts Fashola On N489.690b 2015 Budget by oawele: 3:08pm On Sep 16, 2015
APC are on thier way to loosing Lagos state in the next elections

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Indicts Fashola On N489.690b 2015 Budget by alcmene: 3:10pm On Sep 16, 2015
Let the gambari slaves fight themselves to death while igbos feast on their economy cheesy

who cares cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ambode Indicts Fashola On N489.690b 2015 Budget by adesomide(m): 3:32pm On Sep 16, 2015
It's a shame for the current government in Lagos state, to be attacking the goodwill of the Fashola Administration instead of concentrating on how to deliver urgent and important services to Lagosians.
It shows to me that, they are truly afraid of Fashola's success at governance, hence their attempt at lowering the bar, by bullshitting the past administration.
To me, the current administration has even failed before starting. Just wasting time chasing shadows instead of concentrating on the reason for his being elected to Alausa. Looks like they were not really prepared for Alausa. May God save Lagosians with all the bad roads, inefficient traffic administration, and over zealous public servants governing us.

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Indicts Fashola On N489.690b 2015 Budget by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:33pm On Sep 16, 2015
“When further analysed, the recurrent expenditure stood at 97 per cent, while capital expenditure was at an abysmal 29 per cent performance, portending a 24:76 capital/recurrent ratio.”
I have to say that I am proud of Ambode so far. I hope the LSHA grant his request.

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Indicts Fashola On N489.690b 2015 Budget by masseratti: 3:48pm On Sep 16, 2015
Can someone please Educate me on what re order of a budget is please,am lost here.
Re: Ambode Indicts Fashola On N489.690b 2015 Budget by Alphaoscar: 3:48pm On Sep 16, 2015
Nobody is attacking anybody here.
Re: Ambode Indicts Fashola On N489.690b 2015 Budget by coolitempa(f): 3:50pm On Sep 16, 2015
Illiterates everywhere... cheesy cheesy...the report talks about capital expenditure as against recurrent expenditure and how the formula would make it difficult to meet the needs of the public expectations and someone thinks this is about Fashola Comprehension issues everywhere..... cheesy cheesy
Re: Ambode Indicts Fashola On N489.690b 2015 Budget by OnankpaBa(m): 3:53pm On Sep 16, 2015
coolitempa:
Illiterates everywhere... cheesy cheesy...the report talks about capital expenditure as against recurrent expenditure and how the formula would make it difficult to meet the needs of the public expectations and someone thinks this is about Fashola Comprehension issues everywhere..... cheesy cheesy

what is he saying?
Re: Ambode Indicts Fashola On N489.690b 2015 Budget by oluwaSmith1(f): 3:55pm On Sep 16, 2015
OZAOEKPE:

"you this 3-legged demon, you better close your dirty brains, stfu". Quote me anywhere.

sharap there.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Indicts Fashola On N489.690b 2015 Budget by coolitempa(f): 3:55pm On Sep 16, 2015
OnankpaBa:

what is he saying?

Simple.....reduce recurrent expenditure so as to free up monies to be invested in much needed infrastructural development given the fact that the budget is inadequate as a result of population explosion and the existent needs of the general public..... wink
Re: Ambode Indicts Fashola On N489.690b 2015 Budget by OZAOEKPE(f): 3:57pm On Sep 16, 2015
oluwaSmith1:

sharap there.
"Can you talk to your father that way?" Quote me anywhere.
Re: Ambode Indicts Fashola On N489.690b 2015 Budget by oluwaSmith1(f): 3:58pm On Sep 16, 2015
hob:
Dis Ambode no dey hear word

Leave Fashola alone nd do your work

I don talk my own

Ambode just dey make noise
Re: Ambode Indicts Fashola On N489.690b 2015 Budget by oluwaSmith1(f): 3:58pm On Sep 16, 2015
OZAOEKPE:

"Can you talk to your father that way?" Quote me anywhere.

you too small

1 Like

Re: Ambode Indicts Fashola On N489.690b 2015 Budget by OZAOEKPE(f): 4:02pm On Sep 16, 2015
oluwaSmith1:

you too small
"I'm old enough to penetrate iya e to bi yin. I will make iya e cum till she knocks off". Quote me anywhere.
Re: Ambode Indicts Fashola On N489.690b 2015 Budget by oluwaSmith1(f): 4:03pm On Sep 16, 2015
OZAOEKPE:

"I'm old enough to penetrate iya e to bi yin. I will make iya e cum till she knocks off". Quote me anywhere.

HE-GOAT.
Re: Ambode Indicts Fashola On N489.690b 2015 Budget by free13: 4:06pm On Sep 16, 2015
Hmm....
Re: Ambode Indicts Fashola On N489.690b 2015 Budget by OnankpaBa(m): 4:30pm On Sep 16, 2015
oluwaSmith1:

Ambode just dey make noise

ngbeke, your God-fathers (Ameachi and Fashola) will soon be disgrace.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ministerial Screening: Again, Fashola Clears Air On N78m Website / Ex-oyo State Governor’s Daughter Declares Support For Biafra; Adopts Igbo Name / Nigeria Can Generate 12,000mw Of Electricity – Fashola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.