Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,087 members, 7,818,260 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

The Drunk, And The Girl With Blond Hair. (Short Story) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Drunk, And The Girl With Blond Hair. (Short Story) (2518 Views)

The Girl With The Lower Back Tattoo - Ebook (by Amy Schumer) / Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) / It Pays To Be Honest(a Short Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Drunk, And The Girl With Blond Hair. (Short Story) by llaykorn: 6:18pm On Sep 16, 2015
He stumbles out of the door and throws up in the gutter. He walks down the street making his way home and the memories of the old days spring to his mind. He’s a small chap with a flat cap, brown jacket, a blue shirt and a pair of brown trousers. He seems lost now; all these memories of the old times just make him feel alone. He’s a drunk, and even on his way home, he feels lost.

He stumbles to the crossing, getting more tired, feeling more lonely and he sees her running: a small girl in a pink dress, running across the road, her tied up blonde hair blowing in the wind. Her mother, a short lady with a blue handbag running behind her, her arm reaching out to save her but finding no luck.

The drunk sees the girl and without a second, a burst of energy rushes through his body and he runs out into the road. All the memories are now forgotten and the drunken state disappears into the wind. He grabs the girl under his arm and brings her to the walk path and the little girl's mother thanks the man.

But then, she looks at him in disgust.

“Stay away from of us, you drunk!” The woman says and before the drunk could say a word she picks up her daughter and walks away. The drunk just carries on walking, and all memories from the old days come back to his head and the drunken state returns and he staggers off home. He knows he’ll forget he just possibly saved a child’s life, and he knows the woman will just remember a drunk picking up her daughter. But he doesn’t care; he feels lost and forgotten and he knows he’ll die in his bed and not some soul would there be in the outside world caring.

THE END

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Drunk, And The Girl With Blond Hair. (Short Story) by Nobody: 6:21pm On Sep 16, 2015
deep
Re: The Drunk, And The Girl With Blond Hair. (Short Story) by llaykorn: 6:24pm On Sep 16, 2015
darkenedrebel:
deep

You got the message, right?
Re: The Drunk, And The Girl With Blond Hair. (Short Story) by LadyH(f): 6:26pm On Sep 16, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: The Drunk, And The Girl With Blond Hair. (Short Story) by Nobody: 6:30pm On Sep 16, 2015
llaykorn:

You got the message, right?

yeah i did- this is good stuff, keep it up
& i think the title should be- 'the drunk with the blonde hair -not hair blond'
Re: The Drunk, And The Girl With Blond Hair. (Short Story) by Sveen: 6:43pm On Sep 16, 2015
Imaginations running wild.

AyamSveen
Re: The Drunk, And The Girl With Blond Hair. (Short Story) by llaykorn: 6:44pm On Sep 16, 2015
darkenedrebel:

yeah i did- this is good stuff, keep it up
& i think the title should be- 'the drunk with the blonde hair -not hair blond'

Yeah, I agree. I intentionally had the title arranged that way initially but looking at it again, I feel it sounds better the normal way. 'Blond' can be spelt in more than one way though.
Re: The Drunk, And The Girl With Blond Hair. (Short Story) by Nobody: 6:49pm On Sep 16, 2015
llaykorn:

Yeah, I agree. I intentionally had the title arranged that way initially, but looking at it again, I feel it sounds better the general way. 'Blond' can be spelt in more than one way though. smiley

alright...i wasn't talking about the spelling though
Re: The Drunk, And The Girl With Blond Hair. (Short Story) by slap1(m): 6:50pm On Sep 16, 2015
Nice

It should be WITHIN a second, not WITHOUT. Or is that deliberate?
Re: The Drunk, And The Girl With Blond Hair. (Short Story) by llaykorn: 6:52pm On Sep 16, 2015
Sveen:
Imaginations running wild.

AyamSveen

LMAO....... Ayamlaykorn tongue
Re: The Drunk, And The Girl With Blond Hair. (Short Story) by llaykorn: 6:53pm On Sep 16, 2015
Re: The Drunk, And The Girl With Blond Hair. (Short Story) by llaykorn: 6:56pm On Sep 16, 2015
slap1:
Nice

It should be WITHIN a second, not WITHOUT. Or is that deliberate?

It was. Thanks for noticing, sir. smiley
Re: The Drunk, And The Girl With Blond Hair. (Short Story) by Sveen: 6:56pm On Sep 16, 2015
llaykorn:

LMAO....... Ayamlaykorn tongue
Long time bro.
How body?
Re: The Drunk, And The Girl With Blond Hair. (Short Story) by stuff46(m): 3:00pm On Sep 18, 2015
angry
Re: The Drunk, And The Girl With Blond Hair. (Short Story) by llaykorn: 3:07pm On Sep 18, 2015
stuff46:
angry

Wetin dey angry you? undecided
Re: The Drunk, And The Girl With Blond Hair. (Short Story) by stuff46(m): 3:12pm On Sep 18, 2015
llaykorn:

Wetin dey angry you? undecided

Touching, this type of situation is likely in the world today.
Re: The Drunk, And The Girl With Blond Hair. (Short Story) by llaykorn: 3:14pm On Sep 18, 2015
stuff46:

Touching, this type of situation is likely in the world today.
Yeah, so likely it happens, bro. sad
Re: The Drunk, And The Girl With Blond Hair. (Short Story) by stuff46(m): 3:20pm On Sep 18, 2015
llaykorn:

Yeah, so likely it happens, bro. sad

embarassed so you hide in this new moniker? . Whasup with your life?
Re: The Drunk, And The Girl With Blond Hair. (Short Story) by llaykorn: 3:35pm On Sep 18, 2015
stuff46:

embarassed so you hide in this new moniker? . Whasup with your life?

New moniker? What do you mean? smiley
Re: The Drunk, And The Girl With Blond Hair. (Short Story) by stuff46(m): 9:41pm On Sep 18, 2015
llaykorn:

New moniker? What do you mean? smiley

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed life no warrant changing Nl moniker na.
Re: The Drunk, And The Girl With Blond Hair. (Short Story) by sugarvallly(f): 9:49pm On Sep 18, 2015
interesting and inspiring
Re: The Drunk, And The Girl With Blond Hair. (Short Story) by llaykorn: 11:13am On Sep 19, 2015
stuff46:

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed life no warrant changing Nl moniker na.

Crazy... grin

If I had chosen a moniker like CrazyVillianBackAgain, you sure wouldn't be able to figure me out. tongue
Re: The Drunk, And The Girl With Blond Hair. (Short Story) by stuff46(m): 5:08pm On Sep 19, 2015
llaykorn:

Crazy... grin

If I had chosen a moniker like CrazyVillianBackAgain, you sure wouldn't be able to figure me out. tongue
grin grin detective in nature, btw what have you been up to with your life?

(1) (Reply)

Who Has Read This Book "Born Twice"? / Achebe Vs Soyinka Who Has Better Wring Skills / "I For Don Blow But..." - See Funny Name Of Book (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.