Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,899 members, 7,821,134 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

Saviour Of The Rain - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Saviour Of The Rain (917 Views)

Rain / My Saviour / I Saw The Saviour Coming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saviour Of The Rain by Divepen1(m): 8:24pm On Sep 16, 2015
Saviour of the Rain

Shaking vigorously, Vincent kept moving in the rain and the mud of Majidun road.
' Hello,' he said, as he picked his phone that had rung five times earlier,' Darling, I will be home soon'. He used his hand to shield himself from the rain as the wind of the heavy rain rushed towards him.
‘Where are you?’ his wife asked, shouting over the phone,' it’s 11:00pm ooo'.
‘I know... I know... I will be there soon', he answered with a quivering voice. His belly yearning desperately for a hot, liquid and sweet substance.
‘I know....’ he said again as his wife disconnected the call.
Vincent had left home since morning in hope of meeting Chief Ebuka, his helper. He wanted to plead with him to give him a little money for his daughter's school fee but Chief Ebuka did not return, even after 8.30 in the night when the rain started. And he had to find shelter somewhere till 10.00pm. But when the rain did not stop, he left for his house, and now he just want to get home, wrap himself in the arms of his always-loving wife, and to feel the hug of his beloved beautiful daughter, and then he would share a cup of hot Lipton with his family if time permits.
‘Help’, a frail voice filtered-in through the heavy and fierce rain.
He must have heard wrong. The wind that splashed on his thick skin made him increase his speed.
He was shaking vigorously as the cold wind rushed at his chest beneath his wet shirt.
‘Help’, the frail voice cried again.
Vincent was sure he heard the voice, so he stood still. The cry came again, jolting him and making his run towards the place the voice was coming from: the canal.
Without thinking of the consequences, he ran towards a car that was slipping into the canal. The car was still dangling near the canal. Vincent ran towards it and saw a lady trying to come out of the car, but seemed afraid of doing so because to come out means moving an inch would shift the weight of the car.
Vincent held onto the slippery side of the boot of the car.
' Come to the rear', he shouted at the lady who was looking at him as if she was in a trance. He wondered if she could not hear him as the rain and the wind beat him; however, she started moving as he prepared himself to shout again. He caught her and they rolled away from the carnal.
She opened the door and jumped out. And immediately, the car jolted forward and crashed, headfirst into the canal, almost pulling Vincent with him.
' Thank you', the lady said and fainted.
' What?!' Vincent shouted as he picked her, and raced for the nearest hospital.
The hours that followed saw him sleeping in the hospital, and later explaining to her family what had happened.
Luckily for him, she was chief Ebuka’s daughter, and that helped him pay his daughter’s school fees.
Unluckily for him, the lady, Precious, fell in love with him.

https://m.facebook.com/1021156744590896/timeline/story?ut=69&wstart=0&wend=1443682799&hash=1357352389702694723&pagefilter=1&ustart=1&_rdr

Re: Saviour Of The Rain by stuff46(m): 2:57pm On Sep 18, 2015
grin cheesy
Re: Saviour Of The Rain by Opeoluwa99(f): 11:03am On Sep 23, 2015
Really Divepen sir another story,pls don't abandon the others o.Lovely piece
Re: Saviour Of The Rain by Divepen1(m): 5:51am On Oct 30, 2015
I entered a competition that requires that each person get at least 300 votes to get to the next stage and I've just gotten 157 votes. We are getting nearer to the deadline please I need your support. Here is the link....
http://okadabooks.com/book/about/10172
Thanks in advance.

(1) (Reply)

I Died Last Night / Squatting Sam – Part 1 [must Read] / The Chronicles Of Azuka, A Story Series

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.