Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,553 members, 7,827,073 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

My Nasty and Horrible Pre order Experience with a Nairaland Auto Dealer - Autos (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / My Nasty and Horrible Pre order Experience with a Nairaland Auto Dealer (4416 Views)

/ Nairaland Auto Dealers(brokers) Stop Posting Vin To Third Party / My Pre-order Experience With Kakakibuy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3)

Re: My Nasty and Horrible Pre order Experience with a Nairaland Auto Dealer by Fogman(m): 3:05pm On Sep 18, 2015
As far as i am concerned, this post is a wild allegation and not CREDIBLE except the OP UNMASK the MASQUERADE

1 Like

Re: My Nasty and Horrible Pre order Experience with a Nairaland Auto Dealer by bravolad(m): 3:40pm On Sep 18, 2015
I think the OP is faster than his shadow. He ought to have waited for the grace period to elapse before coming onto Nairaland to threaten to expose a deal he isn't sure how it could end. It is always almost certain that the dealer won't refund especially considering the amount involved. I do not know how they met, but why pay for two vehicles at a time when you have never had a business transaction with this dealer. It is better to err on the side of caution.

While some of us struggle real hard to make money some don't and may not necessarily bother about how they spend it. For those of us who have to crack our nuts ourselves, we differ from those whose nuts have been cracked by some benevolent spirits. In as much as I do not believe in pre-order as a way of automobile purchase, those who do should engage in due diligence before parting with a huge amount of money. This should be a strong lesson for many intending buyers.

Also, it is very difficult to even trust relations let alone an outright stranger residing overseas. Only few could be trusted but money is very tempting. I bought two cars from the UK sometime last year. One of my childhood friends & brother insisted I patronize one of his cousins who is a clearing agent to clear one of the cars for me. My friend vouched for his cousin & promised to reimburse me should anything go wrong. I accepted & contacted the agent based on my negotiation with my friend. Note that the agent who shipped the car for me from the UK also has a clearing department here in Nigeria & usually clears within three days all things being equal.

The agent had assured me that clearing will be done within seven days. But one month down the line, nothing has happened. The agent spent the 250,000 Naira advance payment he requested out of the 300k we agreed. A month & a week later, he requested for full payment as a condition for clearing the car. My concern then was the goods I had in that vehicle. My friend who recommended the agent had to lend him additional 150k just to ensure he got the vehicle out. That money disappeared within hours with no result. It took additional two more weeks to get the vehicle out of the port. The rest is history.

The psychological & emotional trauma that follows such transaction is unjustifiably unquantifiable. Imagine your relationship with your colleagues who trusted you with their money will be in tatters. Even if the dealer later refunds you or delivers the cars, they most probably will never trust you. It is better to buy what you can see & spend more time building it to your taste. Some have argued that you get the best deal via pre-order but again forgetting that the dealer is also a businessman who wants to maximize profit.

4 Likes

Re: My Nasty and Horrible Pre order Experience with a Nairaland Auto Dealer by dominique(f): 4:25pm On Sep 18, 2015
Sailormen send me a pm revealing the identity of the scammer since you're not ready to disclose it here.

Thread closed.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3)

Super Neat 2006 Toks Sienna. Selling Fast And Affordable / Very Cheap 2007 Toyota Prado for sale- Leather seat, Ex Tyre at the back / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.