Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

Tecno Is Going Premium And It Is Frightening. Here's Why - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno Is Going Premium And It Is Frightening. Here's Why (42027 Views)

5 Reasons Why I Agree TECNO Is For Nigerians / Tecno Is Set To Launch Tecno Camon X – To Join The Camon Series / TECNO Is In Big Trouble (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno Is Going Premium And It Is Frightening. Here's Why by dmcdad: 9:54am On Sep 17, 2015
MadCow1:
If I had 70'k to buy a TECNO phone...

I would spend it on an iPhone Smart watch instead.

TECNO is the Poor Man's Smartphone.. No Offense.

No matter How KIA like make dem do, a KIA can never be in the same class as a Mercedes.

Remember: If it's not a SAMSUNG it's not a smartphone.

Quote me Anywhere.
@emboldedned, I disagree. Sammy have great products and I use one of em, but to say they exclusively make Smartphones would be... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Dont disregard OEMs like HTC (M7, M8, M9 and so on), Sony (Xperia Z2, Z3, Z5 and Z5 Premium) LG (Nexus 5, G2, G3, G4), Motorola (Nexus 6), not to mention the boss of the bosses iPhones. These aforementioned Phone makers make great products. Of course you might have your choice and all, but that doesnt mean you should disregard and downplay others. The aforesaid OEMs make high-end smartphones and not like those cheap chinese brands.

1 Like

Re: Tecno Is Going Premium And It Is Frightening. Here's Why by mychelyte(m): 9:55am On Sep 17, 2015
Who TEKINO think say dem be nah? undecided
Re: Tecno Is Going Premium And It Is Frightening. Here's Why by Idrismusty97(m): 9:57am On Sep 17, 2015
In GEJ voice, This is the beginning of the end of Tecno!
Re: Tecno Is Going Premium And It Is Frightening. Here's Why by LastSurvivor: 9:59am On Sep 17, 2015
Am not very sure I can ever exchange my money for a techno fone to use, unless am giving it out..

I still have that " It a China fone" impression..
Re: Tecno Is Going Premium And It Is Frightening. Here's Why by asumo12: 9:59am On Sep 17, 2015
Mrkelv:

Cc : Lalasticlala a.

Source : http://androidportalng.com/tecno-premium/
Tecno been loosing in market since the introduction of infinix zero 16gb
Re: Tecno Is Going Premium And It Is Frightening. Here's Why by Nobody: 10:03am On Sep 17, 2015
I have nothing against tecno o, although they have refused to enter the competition by continual rolling out devices without ota upgrades, weak processor speeds and so on. Truth is they cant survive outside africa..

I ll rather use the 70k on a london used samsung note 3/4
networkgenuis:
Premium device running on MTK chip?
People behind Tecno shouldn't stretch their luck too far.
They've created a niche for themselves in the mid-range smartphone market.

Majority of Nigerians with 70k Budget for phone wouldn't spend it on Tecno!
Premium my left ball grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tecno Is Going Premium And It Is Frightening. Here's Why by oluwacisse: 10:04am On Sep 17, 2015
If I have 70k I will kuku buy blackberry 10
Re: Tecno Is Going Premium And It Is Frightening. Here's Why by Nobody: 10:05am On Sep 17, 2015
JeffreyJamez:

Aye mi ooooooooooo!! shocked shocked...

Guy!! Abeg!!...no talk this thing for outside!!
I no fit laugh grin grin grin
Re: Tecno Is Going Premium And It Is Frightening. Here's Why by kelvyn7: 10:06am On Sep 17, 2015
It won't sell cos of the price
Re: Tecno Is Going Premium And It Is Frightening. Here's Why by WailingWailer00(m): 10:08am On Sep 17, 2015
With 60k I can get a mint HTC m8 Gold edition

Galaxy s5 used

IPhone 6 used

The best Lumia used

Why should I buy tecno

I hate their UI, looks china'ish '
Re: Tecno Is Going Premium And It Is Frightening. Here's Why by Lanjonath(m): 10:09am On Sep 17, 2015
Nah bruv...not going to happen.

omusiliyu:
Tecno... Will soon displace Nokia.
Re: Tecno Is Going Premium And It Is Frightening. Here's Why by Nobody: 10:11am On Sep 17, 2015
lol i remember one guyz comment dat said he'll buy tecno wen the os is 7.1.1 cowbell, i wan laff scatter.
Re: Tecno Is Going Premium And It Is Frightening. Here's Why by aLgoridim(m): 10:11am On Sep 17, 2015
Seculent:

Lenovo phones are very strong and reliable.
Correct! Lenovo P70 is my favorite for now because of the strength of its battery,Na Odia. grin
Re: Tecno Is Going Premium And It Is Frightening. Here's Why by Lilimax(f): 10:13am On Sep 17, 2015
Okpo fa ndi azu; ijiji fa ndi choir.(if you understand what i mean). embarassed

Nekwanu Tecno....! undecided

As for me , it's Samsung or nothing smiley

1 Like

Re: Tecno Is Going Premium And It Is Frightening. Here's Why by Proffdada: 10:13am On Sep 17, 2015
shammah1:
for your information, Infinix is a Tecno brand
because they have same carlcare doesn't mean they're the same, Infinix formerly Sagem is own by French but the phones are made in China. Tecno however is Chinese owned
Re: Tecno Is Going Premium And It Is Frightening. Here's Why by lilwill(m): 10:14am On Sep 17, 2015
First of all, to be sincere Tecno used to inspire me with how they came up as the first company to offer affordable android phones to the Nigerian populace. As a matter of fact, my fisrt ever android phone was a Tecno N3( i really loved that phone). But then they spoiled it all with below par performance, very low quality hardware and silly Roms(yes, most of their Roms are either filled with bloatware, malware or just plain childish and non-encouraging) and their ability to produce phones with specs that seem as if they were not properly thought out( imagine the P3 which was to be an upgrade of the N3 was actually worse tahn its predecessor). They developed the same mentality that Nollywood has; "to release low quality products knowing fully well that they are not acceptable outside our shores because they believe NIgerians are foolish and can't tell the difference in quality. The final nail that shuts the coffin isn't even the exhorbitant ptices of their so called "flagships" but their non changing stance on software upgrades. As of this moment, no Tecno phone has OTA upgrade capabilities and any Tecno fan who wants to use a newer android OS have to buy a new phone. This stance of theirs has singlehandedly brought down the admiration with which myself(and i'm sure many others)
looked upon Tecno. In a market where even a #16, 000 Infinix Hot phone is now upgradeable, no one in His/Her right mind will want to go for a #70, 000 non upgradeable phone not even if it has a inbuilt air conditioner... #JustMyOpinion
Re: Tecno Is Going Premium And It Is Frightening. Here's Why by nani667: 10:19am On Sep 17, 2015
Seems the OP needs to revisit and brush up on his definition of "Premium".... That phone is nowhere near premium..... The topic should just read "Tecno is Hiking their prices and it's frightening"...

1 Like

Re: Tecno Is Going Premium And It Is Frightening. Here's Why by Nobody: 10:20am On Sep 17, 2015
MadCow1:
If I had 70'k to buy a TECNO phone...

I would spend it on an iPhone Smart watch instead.

TECNO is the Poor Man's Smartphone.. No Offense.

No matter How KIA like make dem do, a KIA can never be in the same class as a Mercedes.

Remember: If it's not a SAMSUNG it's not a smartphone.

Quote me Anywhere.

*Bar man, two bottles of bear for this Cow.* You've spoken well.

1 Like

Re: Tecno Is Going Premium And It Is Frightening. Here's Why by chuksmad(m): 10:20am On Sep 17, 2015
Nigerians love phone die. Techno should reconsider and do their home work first, before introducing high priced phone.

[size=15pt]Do you want to learn how to design website with basic html and CSS (Style sheet) coding for Dreamweaver & WordPress, visit www.prislaw.com or www.prislaw.com/wp for more details[/size]
Re: Tecno Is Going Premium And It Is Frightening. Here's Why by magicminister: 10:21am On Sep 17, 2015
Hizzy:
If I have 70k I will not use it on tecno or any phone I rather give it to Master Craft to record song for me not phone

Masterkraft will not collect anything less than 300k from you.
Re: Tecno Is Going Premium And It Is Frightening. Here's Why by Nobody: 10:22am On Sep 17, 2015
JeffreyJamez:

Aye mi ooooooooooo!! shocked shocked...

Guy!! Abeg!!...no talk this thing for outside!!

Its true bro, infinix is under tecno just as Lexus is Manufactured by Toyota.
Re: Tecno Is Going Premium And It Is Frightening. Here's Why by Spidermon: 10:22am On Sep 17, 2015
With 70k, I would rather buy a mid range Samsung phone, a fairly used PlayStation3 and use the change on top to fuel my gen.

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Is Going Premium And It Is Frightening. Here's Why by d33types: 10:23am On Sep 17, 2015
Tecno has lost it. I'm not a mediatek fan tho but even infinix and other brands are far better

Infinix whether under tecno or not is far better
Re: Tecno Is Going Premium And It Is Frightening. Here's Why by Nobody: 10:25am On Sep 17, 2015
dmcdad:

The next one na Phantom Ghost. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

But seriously, I hate Techno like mad! And funny as it is, I would use a 'Nokia torch-light phone' over any Tehno phone. Just me though.

Sometimes no bread is better than half bread.
Re: Tecno Is Going Premium And It Is Frightening. Here's Why by aLgoridim(m): 10:26am On Sep 17, 2015
Saurab:
The truth is that, no one knows Techno outside sub-Sahara African countries. It's just a low end phone for poor people. Even in India they don't know what Techno phone is.
Na lie joor. cry
Re: Tecno Is Going Premium And It Is Frightening. Here's Why by networkgenuis: 10:30am On Sep 17, 2015
Eeser:

Your left ball? Haaa!
it's a valuable ball o
Lol. Which ball do you think I meant
Re: Tecno Is Going Premium And It Is Frightening. Here's Why by dmcdad: 10:32am On Sep 17, 2015
AdmiralDru:

Sometimes no bread is better than half bread.
I dey tellz you.

Imagine, I never chop since morning, evening come reach you come carry 10Naira groundnut give me make I chop. You think say I go chop am? If you wan give me food, give me better food once and for all. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Tecno Is Going Premium And It Is Frightening. Here's Why by chumakk: 10:51am On Sep 17, 2015
I don't know the kind of marketing and branding they will do to convince me because I have two techno that's dead on my shelf.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tecno Is Going Premium And It Is Frightening. Here's Why by jiggar(m): 10:54am On Sep 17, 2015
Truth be told, Tecno has really tried in bringing Android, to virtually everybody in Nigeria.

Presently, I am using the H6 since last November, and honestly it has been serving me well. But then, Tecno are really shooting themselves on the foot, that is if the leg has not been amputated already, with the coming of Infinix and Co.

It's just outrageous, how no single Tecno device gets software update, it just beats my imagination. I just hope someone would read this and not fall for this nonchalant attitude from a company, which does not know where it's heading to.

On a final note, I don't want to believe that someone will come here lamenting that, after spending such money, he/she is angry with Tecno, for not updating the OS. With all this written here, people should use their tongue to count their teeth.
Pls, I am not condemning Tecno, but they need to step up, else.....
Re: Tecno Is Going Premium And It Is Frightening. Here's Why by Iko5000: 10:55am On Sep 17, 2015
God bless you my Guy . Premium ko lol
nani667:
Seems the OP needs to revisit and brush up on his definition of "Premium".... That phone is nowhere near premium..... The topic should just read "Tecno is Hiking their prices and it's frightening"...
Re: Tecno Is Going Premium And It Is Frightening. Here's Why by tziz(m): 10:59am On Sep 17, 2015
shammah1:
for your information, Infinix is a Tecno brand
This is the funniest post iv read all day! grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nokia Set To Release Nokia C9. checkout the proposed specs / Top 5 NIGERIAN Owned Brand Phones And Tablets / Possible Reasons Why MTN Changed Recharge Card Loading Pattern, Reduces Card PIN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.