Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,682 members, 7,827,533 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

Tecno Is Going Premium And It Is Frightening. Here's Why - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno Is Going Premium And It Is Frightening. Here's Why (42035 Views)

5 Reasons Why I Agree TECNO Is For Nigerians / Tecno Is Set To Launch Tecno Camon X – To Join The Camon Series / TECNO Is In Big Trouble (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno Is Going Premium And It Is Frightening. Here's Why by Mf1gt3r(m): 11:23pm On Sep 17, 2015
threadstone:
If its not an iPhone its not an iPhone.

this bullshit phones with high paper specs and wack real life performance. octa core deca-core shitnizz, theyre only as good as from far. 70k for tecno, i wld rather buy a brand new iPhone 5c as a second phone and flex on the remaining change. 5s sef na that range e dey now.

made the silly mistake of buying the hottest infinix hot2 as a side phone to accomodate my other sim and was so unimpressed. was wondering how jumia managed to deliver it in two days. currently im looking towards discarding it after just two days. it is useless and poor looking so i can imagine how tecno would look like.

let no one just vex me and mention any stupid mtk bullshit here.

Samsung, HTC, Huawei seen it all same shii, iPhone anyday

Team ios 8.4 4.7' JB
Seriously Your just a blind fanboy. Such talk and notion is so 2012. By the way, did you see Iphone as the heading here?
Re: Tecno Is Going Premium And It Is Frightening. Here's Why by Shinchika: 11:25pm On Sep 17, 2015
Y'alls just making someone tired. Too bad you are already biased because of previous tecno concerns. I'm proud of the Phantom release. It's a device I can gladly rush to the store and get. Very good alternative to high end Samsungs and iPhones. It's quite unfortunate you can't see this. You should use a Phantom, and see Tecno puts in plenty effort in producing them compared to other series.

spaceboy:

Guy how do you seriously come out and say that the mtk 6753 is better than the Helios 10(mtk6795)?Do u think if techno made a phone with the Helios 10 processor it won't be more expensive than this phantom 5.And now u talked of OTA updates wen u fully know that techno phones are stagnated wen it comes to OS updates.Even the innjoo that came out last year already has a lollipop 5.1 update available,even infinix too,what has techno done for its phantusers concerning users concerning OS updates?Continue blindly defending them
Re: Tecno Is Going Premium And It Is Frightening. Here's Why by Shinchika: 11:30pm On Sep 17, 2015
LOOL. Infinix zero get mouth? Yo! You better not be robbed. That phone is absolutely useless.

peeparty:
How much is ifinix zero?ebi like say dey phone get mouth unto say people just dey talk about am anyhow..
Re: Tecno Is Going Premium And It Is Frightening. Here's Why by Shinchika: 11:31pm On Sep 17, 2015
I tire o. Help me ask him o. Lost iPhone user on a Tecno thread. Yeye!

Mf1gt3r:

Seriously Your just a blind fanboy. Such talk and notion is so 2012. By the way, did you see Iphone as the heading here?
Re: Tecno Is Going Premium And It Is Frightening. Here's Why by Shinchika: 11:34pm On Sep 17, 2015
Funny set of people. Does processor alone call the shots when determining price of a smartphone? You think Samsung is expensive because of processor and ram alone? You people should sleep already, it's past your bed time.

Mf1gt3r:

Guy he is confused. Doesn't even know flagship processors from budget. Your Meizu M2 Note uses that processor, also a TON of N30 to N40k phones with 2gb to 3gb ram out there using MTK6753. Its even below Lenovo K3 Note's MT6752.
Re: Tecno Is Going Premium And It Is Frightening. Here's Why by Shinchika: 11:37pm On Sep 17, 2015
It's only logical. Nokia is Lumia/Microsoft and Microsoft isn't dead. You should check out the next Lumia smartphone to save the windows OS, sh!t isn't child's play.

Mf1gt3r:
Lol!!! Nokia is already dead. Them wan come back to life. If na Nokia Tecno dey chase then they better hurry up dig their grave.
Re: Tecno Is Going Premium And It Is Frightening. Here's Why by graphixplusng: 12:15am On Sep 18, 2015
Premium or no premium. Am a super fan of tecno, At first it was tecno F5, presently Tecno R7, thinking of getting a canon C8 but with the new phantom 5, beginning to 2 have a rethink. Think I like the phone
Re: Tecno Is Going Premium And It Is Frightening. Here's Why by KunAviero(m): 12:20am On Sep 18, 2015
Windows has always been my life but this Tecno Camon C8 is simply amazing. I'm seriously tempted to head that way.
Re: Tecno Is Going Premium And It Is Frightening. Here's Why by demsid(m): 12:22am On Sep 18, 2015
Shinchika:
It's only logical. Nokia is Lumia/Microsoft and Microsoft isn't dead. You should check out the next Lumia smartphone to save the windows OS, sh!t isn't child's play.

see make i no lie u, people embraced tecno wholeheartedly wen they first enter naija market wit that awesome n3, but now we are gradualy turning our back against 'em. Cos dr subsequent device na f'up. Its not durable. I av a dead p5 in my shelf nw, and i'v seen many ppl also complain abt thr durability. So nw tel me do u expect us to buy a 70k fone that wil end up in d drawer afta jst a yr or 2? If e no cost reach lyk dt mayb 45k persön for fit risk am

1 Like

Re: Tecno Is Going Premium And It Is Frightening. Here's Why by liquidheaven(m): 7:44am On Sep 18, 2015
Bleep techno!
Re: Tecno Is Going Premium And It Is Frightening. Here's Why by tolexy007(m): 9:05am On Sep 18, 2015
MusaIbrahim1:

P780.... Gorilla glass...
na how much, pls smiley
Re: Tecno Is Going Premium And It Is Frightening. Here's Why by threadstone(m): 10:53am On Sep 18, 2015
Shinchika:
You don't like MTK and you're on an MTK thread. You're also mouth from a far. No performance. You think someone with an iPhone had time bashing MTK threads on Nairaland? Unless the fellow is a broke iOS user. Please, shift. See you comparing tecno with infinix, when did infinix start the game? Ehn! You're the one that used your money to play sure bet with infinix. As far as I'm concerned, Infinix is still learning how to play the game Tecno is already winning. You should keep your biased iOS opinions to your iOS threads biko!

at least infinix got their OTA game better than Tecno. So an iPhone user is not supposed to air his view on mtk threads. you have a big complex issues my friend. whats the diff in infinix and tecno (a six months validity device), which silly winning is Tecno winning. 19,500 is not such an issue for me thankfully, so u can keep your opinions to your game tickets.

for 70k

iPhone 5s
iPhone 5c
Samsung J7
Samsung A5
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3, 4

lots of change will still be gotten in between by the way
Re: Tecno Is Going Premium And It Is Frightening. Here's Why by threadstone(m): 10:56am On Sep 18, 2015
Mf1gt3r:

my opinion actually.

and what opinion is really 2012 really? no its not iPhone sorry for derailing, but im not so impressed with team mtk too.
Re: Tecno Is Going Premium And It Is Frightening. Here's Why by Shinchika: 5:50pm On Sep 18, 2015
Okay, let us think about it this way, you get an affordable android phone for 20K, use it for a year or two and you're angry? LOOL. Really? With the way android devices are evolving, who ever wants to keep using a 4yr old android device? Look at the Samsung S3 or S4, right now, it's like cheap plastic. When it was first released, stuff was calling for my bank. Now, I wouldn't look at it twice to buy. Why should I use a phone so long, Android to be specific. Plus, truth be told, I know Tecno products are more, way more, durable than infinix phones.

And affordable devices shouldn't be used for too long, especially under heavy usage. It's only unfair. If you get my point.

demsid:
see make i no lie u, people embraced tecno wholeheartedly wen they first enter naija market wit that awesome n3, but now we are gradualy turning our back against 'em. Cos dr subsequent device na f'up. Its not durable. I av a dead p5 in my shelf nw, and i'v seen many ppl also complain abt thr durability. So nw tel me do u expect us to buy a 70k fone that wil end up in d drawer afta jst a yr or 2? If e no cost reach lyk dt mayb 45k persön for fit risk am
Re: Tecno Is Going Premium And It Is Frightening. Here's Why by Shinchika: 5:55pm On Sep 18, 2015
Ehen! You just talked now. Point is, MTK is affordable Qualcomm. Milo is affordable Titus. Dano is affordable Peak milk. Gingerbread is affordable Shortbread. The MTK is designed to bring android experience to low end users/market. Nobody is comparing the iPhone chipset with the MTK.

threadstone:

my opinion actually.

and what opinion is really 2012 really? no its not iPhone sorry for derailing, but im not so impressed with team mtk too.
Re: Tecno Is Going Premium And It Is Frightening. Here's Why by Shinchika: 5:59pm On Sep 18, 2015
Honestly, you're just angry for some reason I can't see. Bring a more logical argument and we would have something to discuss about. This your reply is apparently tainted with no joy. Very funny opinion. Nice airing it tho.

threadstone:

at least infinix got their OTA game better than Tecno. So an iPhone user is not supposed to air his view on mtk threads. you have a big complex issues my friend. whats the diff in infinix and tecno (a six months validity device), which silly winning is Tecno winning. 19,500 is not such an issue for me thankfully, so u can keep your opinions to your game tickets.

for 70k

iPhone 5s
iPhone 5c
Samsung J7
Samsung A5
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3, 4

lots of change will still be gotten in between by the way

Re: Tecno Is Going Premium And It Is Frightening. Here's Why by Shinchika: 6:03pm On Sep 18, 2015
Overall camon performance is enough reason to make me buy this Phantom 5 though. It's not like I want to use it till 2020 like some people. It wasn't designed for everyone also. But the Camon's general performance along side that of the Boom J is convincing enough that my money wouldn't in anyway go to waste with the Phantom 5.

KunAviero:
Windows has always been my life but this Tecno Camon C8 is simply amazing. I'm seriously tempted to head that way.
Re: Tecno Is Going Premium And It Is Frightening. Here's Why by Shinchika: 6:05pm On Sep 18, 2015
Same here o. Die hard fan. Wanted to buy Camon too but I thank God for the chill, the Phantom 5 it is. At least, I'll rock it this Christmas.

graphixplusng:
Premium or no premium. Am a super fan of tecno, At first it was tecno F5, presently Tecno R7, thinking of getting a canon C8 but with the new phantom 5, beginning to 2 have a rethink. Think I like the phone
Re: Tecno Is Going Premium And It Is Frightening. Here's Why by Mf1gt3r(m): 6:23pm On Sep 18, 2015
Shinchika:

Nokia still retains the name Nokia, but Lumia they sold off to Microsoft. Hence Nokia relinquished all rights to use the Lumia name. So Nokia is all but smouldering. H
Let's hope they can get things going again.
Re: Tecno Is Going Premium And It Is Frightening. Here's Why by Mf1gt3r(m): 6:26pm On Sep 18, 2015
Shinchika:
Funny set of people. Does processor alone call the shots when determining price of a smartphone? You think Samsung is expensive because of processor and ram alone? You people should sleep already, it's past your bed time.

So Tecno has the quality to command such a price I've used numerous Tecnos including the A7. Lets just hope this won't be a shitty as the phantom z.
Re: Tecno Is Going Premium And It Is Frightening. Here's Why by Nobody: 8:11pm On Sep 18, 2015
tolexy007:

na how much, pls smiley around 45... but direct from china fit cos around 35..... e depends...
Re: Tecno Is Going Premium And It Is Frightening. Here's Why by Babanhajiya(m): 8:22pm On Sep 18, 2015
If I have a 70k to spend on phone I would buy UMI Iron or Ulefone Be touch 2(same specs with Phantom 5) 43k or 47k respectively, I would buy for my wife infinix hot2 19k, I still have like 3k change which I would use to subscribe for a monthly data plan.
Re: Tecno Is Going Premium And It Is Frightening. Here's Why by Mystiq25(m): 8:32pm On Sep 18, 2015
Babanhajiya:
If I have a 70k to spend on phone I would buy UMI Iron or Ulefone Be touch 2(same specs with Phantom 5) 43k or 47k respectively, I would buy for my wife infinix hot2 19k, I still have like 3k change which I would use to subscribe for a monthly data plan.
very nice idea! Two phones with 3gb ram and 2gb ram respectively for less than 70k.
Re: Tecno Is Going Premium And It Is Frightening. Here's Why by threadstone(m): 10:55am On Sep 19, 2015
Shinchika:
Ehen! You just talked now. Point is, MTK is affordable Qualcomm. Milo is affordable Titus. Dano is affordable Peak milk. Gingerbread is affordable Shortbread. The MTK is designed to bring android experience to low end users/market. Nobody is comparing the iPhone chipset with the MTK.

lool... nice analogy. im not comparing mtk with iphone chipsets but it will take a solid mind to shell out that much for this device. Trust me i work everyday with devices like this and the high specs may not necessarily translate to great user experience. will they bring a new UI or stick to their custom third party launchers, and for the fact that this is a mtk device and lots of viable alternatives are less than that or slightly close to the range, Dont you think its an overkill??
Re: Tecno Is Going Premium And It Is Frightening. Here's Why by JanethEze(f): 5:57pm On Sep 24, 2015
I am sorry to say but all these people are just being silly with their comment. These are flagship devices, they are meant to be expensive. If you are that broke and can't afford such, there are other Tecno phones you can get for as low as 15k. The truth is that even if you rant and rant about how u can never use 70k to buy a Tecno (Because u dont have the money), people will still buy it. I saw how many people lined up to buy the Phantom 5 when it was released. Some are talking about samsung gini gini, what are the specs of that phone. People dont even understand technology and phones, they will just go and buy any phone they see and thats how they get cheated.
Re: Tecno Is Going Premium And It Is Frightening. Here's Why by JanethEze(f): 6:00pm On Sep 24, 2015
You would buy a cheap phone for your wife but buy expensive phone for yourself. Tufiakwagi 19k phone for your wife?? Tsuaa Mtchew

Babanhajiya:
Re: Tecno Is Going Premium And It Is Frightening. Here's Why by JanethEze(f): 6:06pm On Sep 24, 2015
Correction: The phantom series were not shitty. This Phantom 5 is even better than the former Phantoms. You didn't go for the Phantom 5 launch so you wouldn't know. Pele

Mf1gt3r:

So Tecno has the quality to command such a price I've used numerous Tecnos including the A7. Lets just hope this won't be a shitty as the phantom z.
Re: Tecno Is Going Premium And It Is Frightening. Here's Why by JanethEze(f): 6:09pm On Sep 24, 2015
correct. As a sharp guy lol

Shinchika:
Same here o. Die hard fan. Wanted to buy Camon too but I thank God for the chill, the Phantom 5 it is. At least, I'll rock it this Christmas.

Re: Tecno Is Going Premium And It Is Frightening. Here's Why by JanethEze(f): 6:13pm On Sep 24, 2015
Yeah, I wasn't a tecno fan myself but they are doing great, I have to admit

KunAviero:
Re: Tecno Is Going Premium And It Is Frightening. Here's Why by Seculent: 12:52am On Sep 25, 2015
Dotng:

Actually, they should be able to compete but that should be on a gradual basis. What they should work on first is to improve their specs. This days what most OEMs do is copy and paste with minimal adjustment. It's not all of them that invest heavily in R&grin. Tecno is associated with inferior products. Most big brands started out this way but they changed public perception of their brand by improving their product significantly with each release. How do you expect people to like your brand when there is no commitment to OTA updates? My Zenfone 2 has been updated more than 4 times within the last two months.

Please how much is your zenfone 2? I Googled it and I saw 4GRam, I was like... shocked
Re: Tecno Is Going Premium And It Is Frightening. Here's Why by Cerebrum(m): 2:57am On Sep 25, 2015
Can't wait to handle the device and see why these guys hating are really hating.
Re: Tecno Is Going Premium And It Is Frightening. Here's Why by Cerebrum(m): 3:00am On Sep 25, 2015
Seculent:

Please how much is your zenfone 2? I Googled it and I saw 4GRam, I was like... shocked

Really? 4GB ram? Waste. LOOL. Rubbish waste. You no take am do Sallah? Yeye. Is the Zenfone even in Nigeria yet? My Camon received updates today. Affordable stuff.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Multi-Links: Did You Make Calls With This Phone? (SEE PHOTO) / Nokia Set To Release Nokia C9. checkout the proposed specs / Possible Reasons Why MTN Changed Recharge Card Loading Pattern, Reduces Card PIN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.