Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,575 members, 7,850,963 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:31 AM

Scientist Who Hasn’t Taken His Bath In 12 Years & Instead Uses His Own Invention - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Scientist Who Hasn’t Taken His Bath In 12 Years & Instead Uses His Own Invention (1475 Views)

Buhari Hasn’t Convinced Nigerians He Passed School Certificate Exam– Junaid Moha / Again??? Who Hasn’t Heard About What’s Happening In South Africa Since Last Week / Who Hasn’t Seen This? See What A Chinese Woman Is Doing With Goat On The Street! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scientist Who Hasn’t Taken His Bath In 12 Years & Instead Uses His Own Invention by tiwaz(m): 5:51pm On Sep 17, 2015
Co-founder of AOBiome, says he hasn't showered in 12 years and hopes others will catch on. Chemical engineer Dave Whitlock told the Boston Globe there is no scientific basis proving showers to be the basis of healthy human hygiene. "No one did clinical trials on people taking showers every day," he said. According to him, showers and other products like shampoo strip good bacteria from human skin.

Instead of showering, Whitlock uses a spray of his own invention -- Mother Dirt AO+ Mist -- to keep his skin healthy and clean. As of this year, the spray is available for purchase by the public.

The AO+ Mist contains friendly ammonia-oxidizing bacteria, or AOB, which acts as skin cleansers to clean sweat and oil on the skin. So Whitlock is hoping some people will join him on this.

cc:Ishilove

http://www.nigerianewsheadlines.com/?p=8651

Re: Scientist Who Hasn’t Taken His Bath In 12 Years & Instead Uses His Own Invention by helpinghands(m): 5:54pm On Sep 17, 2015
This one is strong
Re: Scientist Who Hasn’t Taken His Bath In 12 Years & Instead Uses His Own Invention by powerfulsettingz: 6:01pm On Sep 17, 2015
If this really happen then there is no need to install my water system again

1 Like

Re: Scientist Who Hasn’t Taken His Bath In 12 Years & Instead Uses His Own Invention by Tobsam237(m): 6:02pm On Sep 17, 2015
Make Oga seun join d guy.... #NoBathingClique

1 Like

Re: Scientist Who Hasn’t Taken His Bath In 12 Years & Instead Uses His Own Invention by Tundeiab(m): 6:07pm On Sep 17, 2015
I think I will make do with water abeg...

Water no get enemy- fela.
Re: Scientist Who Hasn’t Taken His Bath In 12 Years & Instead Uses His Own Invention by Nobody: 6:08pm On Sep 17, 2015
This is interesting
Re: Scientist Who Hasn’t Taken His Bath In 12 Years & Instead Uses His Own Invention by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:11pm On Sep 17, 2015
This is lovely but it's expensive compared to water.

#istickwithwater

3 Likes

Re: Scientist Who Hasn’t Taken His Bath In 12 Years & Instead Uses His Own Invention by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:12pm On Sep 17, 2015
So you no de baf b4?
powerfulsettingz:
If this really happen then there is no need to install my water system again

1 Like

Re: Scientist Who Hasn’t Taken His Bath In 12 Years & Instead Uses His Own Invention by Volksfuhrer(m): 6:22pm On Sep 17, 2015
Na wa for these scientists! Body cleansing is not the only reason for taking a bath or shower. For instance, I find hot showers relaxing and cold showers rejuvenating. Perhaps I could buy the AO+ Mist as part of a survival kit on a desert expedition. (Singing Fela's song... water no get enemy...)

1 Like

Re: Scientist Who Hasn’t Taken His Bath In 12 Years & Instead Uses His Own Invention by Bevista: 9:03pm On Sep 17, 2015
I am a big fan of people who have the courage to challenge conventional wisdom. They may not always be right but they are largely responsible scientific breakthroughs we currently enjoy.

But, is this dude married?
Re: Scientist Who Hasn’t Taken His Bath In 12 Years & Instead Uses His Own Invention by GenbIoodykiller: 9:17pm On Sep 17, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
This is lovely but it's expensive compared to water.

#istickwithwater

dirty pig angry grin
Re: Scientist Who Hasn’t Taken His Bath In 12 Years & Instead Uses His Own Invention by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:36pm On Sep 17, 2015
GenbIoodykiller:

dirty pig angry grin
"I'm not". Quote me anywhere grin

2 Likes

Re: Scientist Who Hasn’t Taken His Bath In 12 Years & Instead Uses His Own Invention by GenbIoodykiller: 9:39pm On Sep 17, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
"I'm not". Quote me anywhere grin

grin
Re: Scientist Who Hasn’t Taken His Bath In 12 Years & Instead Uses His Own Invention by vicadex07(m): 9:51pm On Sep 17, 2015
Damn...I can smell his stench from here

1 Like

Re: Scientist Who Hasn’t Taken His Bath In 12 Years & Instead Uses His Own Invention by Curlieweed: 10:54pm On Sep 17, 2015
Oyibos have always been suspicious of this "new invention" called regular bathing. The scientist just wants to continue the filthy ways of his ancestors.

1 Like

Re: Scientist Who Hasn’t Taken His Bath In 12 Years & Instead Uses His Own Invention by Joc86: 11:18pm On Sep 17, 2015
Science and invention.
One day they will tell us that deficating is wasting of nutrient.
Re: Scientist Who Hasn’t Taken His Bath In 12 Years & Instead Uses His Own Invention by talktimi(m): 11:45pm On Sep 17, 2015
I think he will change his mind after trekking small under Lagos sun cool
Re: Scientist Who Hasn’t Taken His Bath In 12 Years & Instead Uses His Own Invention by HighQue007: 8:43am On Sep 18, 2015
interesting but dont try it in Africa.
Afrika hot, I like am so oo( in Fela's voice)

(1) (Reply)

The Anioma People / Imo State: SOS: Rochas Okorocha Come To Our Rescue: PHOTOS / Rivers Governorship Poll : APC Loses Appeal To Governor Wike/pdp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.