Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,411 members, 7,836,660 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

Fashola Cannot Steal N78million, It's Too Small - Akabueze - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Cannot Steal N78million, It's Too Small - Akabueze (1025 Views)

Profile Of Ben Akabueze: The New DG Of The Budget Office / Buhari Appionts Ben Akabueze As Budget Office DG / Buhari Appoints Ben Akabueze S.A (planning) To The Minister Of Nat'l Planning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Cannot Steal N78million, It's Too Small - Akabueze by YurFatHer: 8:04am On Sep 18, 2015
Ben Akabueze, immediate past Lagos State Commissioner for Economic Planning and Budget has spoken in defence of former Governor Babatunde Fashola, who is been accused of looting state funds.
Speaking during a programme on Channels Television titled, ''Straight Talk with Kadaria'', Akabueze said N78m was too little for the former governor to steal.
''Unfortunately, by the time this thing came up, I was no longer in government. So, I don’t have access to the paperwork which is the basis on which this project was justified.
''But as far as I know, I believe that it must have followed the same process of independent evaluation. I think it would be useful for people to look at the full scope of the project and then make a determination about whether or not it did not represent value for money.
''We ran an annual budget of over N400bn. I think that if he (Fashola) really wanted to steal money, it wouldn’t be N78m out of over N400bn that he had access to. Of course, every kobo of public funds must be accounted for and I hope in the future, we can get the full facts and it will be made available to the public''.

http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/fashola-cannot-steal-n78million-its-too-small-akabueze.120441/

cc: seun , lalasticlala

Re: Fashola Cannot Steal N78million, It's Too Small - Akabueze by Imortal001: 8:06am On Sep 18, 2015
Kai
Re: Fashola Cannot Steal N78million, It's Too Small - Akabueze by kazmanbanjoko(m): 8:11am On Sep 18, 2015
Chai, 78 million naira too small for him he can steal if it was 78 million dollars.
Re: Fashola Cannot Steal N78million, It's Too Small - Akabueze by jumper524(m): 8:14am On Sep 18, 2015
chai we don finish 4 dis country 78milla 2 small?
Re: Fashola Cannot Steal N78million, It's Too Small - Akabueze by PointB: 8:16am On Sep 18, 2015
We didn't say he stole only N78m (website) or N300m (borehole), we are saying he stole Lagos dry with Tinubu. Together they stole about N30 billion monthly!

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Cannot Steal N78million, It's Too Small - Akabueze by orobs93(m): 8:19am On Sep 18, 2015
Lol
Seconded
Re: Fashola Cannot Steal N78million, It's Too Small - Akabueze by Kestolovee95(f): 8:22am On Sep 18, 2015
kai Apc no go kill person. shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Fashola Cannot Steal N78million, It's Too Small - Akabueze by seunmsg(m): 8:37am On Sep 18, 2015
PointB:
We didn't say he stole only N78m (website) or N300m (borehole), we are saying he stole Lagos dry with Tinubu. Together they stole about N30 billion monthly!

They stole N30 billion monthly from an average monthly IGR of N20 billion and federal allocation of N7 billion right? Am sure some of you don't even think before coming up with your figures. You just wail crassly for the simple purpose of wailing.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Cannot Steal N78million, It's Too Small - Akabueze by PointB: 8:43am On Sep 18, 2015
seunmsg:

They stole N30 billion monthly from an average monthly IGR of N20 billion and federal allocation of N7 billion right? Am sure some of you don't even think before coming up with your figures. You just wail crassly for the simple purpose of wailing.

Fashola and Tinubu are the biggest thieves in the land; bigger even than Ameachi!

1 Like

Re: Fashola Cannot Steal N78million, It's Too Small - Akabueze by stevecantrell: 8:43am On Sep 18, 2015
PointB:

Point A !

1 Like

Re: Fashola Cannot Steal N78million, It's Too Small - Akabueze by seunmsg(m): 8:45am On Sep 18, 2015
PointB:

Fashola and Tinubu are the biggest thieves in the land; bigger even than Ameachi!

And your political leaders and governors from the south east are all saints right?

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Cannot Steal N78million, It's Too Small - Akabueze by PointB: 8:49am On Sep 18, 2015
seunmsg:

And your political leaders and governors from the south east are all saints right?

That's up to you dude.

I'm yet to see one with a N78m website or N300m borehole. Let's roundly condemn them when you find one.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Cannot Steal N78million, It's Too Small - Akabueze by ziky2010(m): 8:52am On Sep 18, 2015
we all know it is a false accusation that emanated from d camp of tinubu
Re: Fashola Cannot Steal N78million, It's Too Small - Akabueze by Aufbauh(m): 9:00am On Sep 18, 2015
I shared same sentiment with Mr. Akabueze. In as much as i cannot deceive myself that there's a saint amongst the governors of the past administration. 78m for goodness sake is too small for a seating governor to rubbish himself with when he has the luxury of embezzling billions from IGR or security votes and sundry allocation.
Of a truth this propaganda is too cheap for my brain.
Re: Fashola Cannot Steal N78million, It's Too Small - Akabueze by nabiz(m): 9:01am On Sep 18, 2015
If 78milllion is too small, what was is worth before become the governor of lagos state?. This means he is presently is a multi-billionaire. The truth is coming out.
Re: Fashola Cannot Steal N78million, It's Too Small - Akabueze by seunmsg(m): 9:19am On Sep 18, 2015
PointB:

That's up to you dude.

I'm yet to see one with a N78m website or N300m borehole. Let's roundly condemn them when you find one.

Typical of your types. You can never see the atrocities your brothers are committing but will be quick to find faults in leaders of other areas. The good thing is, we don't need bigoted clowns like you to condemn our leaders when they are off track. We have a societal system that put our leaders on public scrutiny always. When condemn them when necessary and we don't shield them when allegations of corruption are levelled against them.

If you even look at the OP, you will see that the man trying to defend Fashola here is an Igbo man from Anambra state. That should tell you a lot. So please, go back to the east and ask T.A. Orji, Uzor Kalu, Peter Obi, Sullivan Chime and your other crooked governors how they frittered away the resources meant for the development of their states. Stop the unnecessary obsession with the south west.
Re: Fashola Cannot Steal N78million, It's Too Small - Akabueze by Nobody: 9:28am On Sep 18, 2015
Lol!! Thank You Mr Akubueze for letting us know that Fashola stole more than just N78 million.His level of loot should be in the neighbourhood of billions

1 Like

Re: Fashola Cannot Steal N78million, It's Too Small - Akabueze by alrahmanonline(m): 9:31am On Sep 18, 2015
PointB:
Terrible Liar! from the pit of hell
Re: Fashola Cannot Steal N78million, It's Too Small - Akabueze by BlackBaron: 9:34am On Sep 18, 2015
What an insolent statement!
Pilfering thieves up and down rubbing each other on their backs and trying to play off to the gallery.

I don't care if he was the best or worst governor or not...

(1) (Reply)

The 14th Count Charge Against Saraki. / APC Sues Fayose Over Composition Of SIEC- Punch / 55th Anniversary: Obiano Grants Prisoners Freedom, Gives 1 Million Each

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.