Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,436 members, 7,861,236 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 07:49 AM

How PDP Forced Me Out – Ndoma-egba - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How PDP Forced Me Out – Ndoma-egba (494 Views)

Throwback: Victor Ndoma-Egba Receiving Buhari In Cross River 32yrs Ago / Buhari Nominates Ndoma-Egba And Ekere For NDDC Chairman & MD / PDP Forced Me To Sign Fake Results–abia North Returning Officer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How PDP Forced Me Out – Ndoma-egba by salterswan: 8:48am On Sep 18, 2015
Former Senate Leader, Victor Ndoma-Egba, a three time Senator, has formally quit his membership of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, after passing through hostile and unreceptive persecution from the party which left him deserted from its political space.

This culminated in his defeat during the party’s senatorial election primaries in December 2014.

Ndoma-Egba in his resignation letter, signed and addressed to the PDP Chairman in his Akparabong Ward of Ikom Local Government Area of Cross River State, cited unresolved conflicts and a fall out with the party, which no longer reflects his new found political and ideological beliefs.

“I returned to politics to pursue certain ideals and values, to contribute towards strengthening democracy, to give a voice to my people, a people who have been most kind and generous to me.
“Before, the PDP was strong in Cross River State because it offered members an atmosphere and opportunity for self expression within its confines.

“Today, those values that underline democracy have totally become strange to the party. I, therefore, resign my membership of the PDP forthwith and urge you to take the necessary steps to reflect this on your records,” he said.

The defection comes as no surprise to political observers as his supporters had already predicted an exit after neglect from the PDP in the past 3 years. This is due to unresolved differences with party members in Cross Rivers who were determined to isolate him from the decision making processes in the party and diminish his political influence. See more: http://www.post-nigeria.com/how-pdp-forced-me-out-ndoma-egba/
Re: How PDP Forced Me Out – Ndoma-egba by chocolateme(f): 8:49am On Sep 18, 2015
Is that really how it happened oga? I was there oo
Re: How PDP Forced Me Out – Ndoma-egba by ziky2010(m): 8:56am On Sep 18, 2015
the main issue is dat he left because he was not given senatorial ticket slot

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: FG Seeks Warrant To Arrest Saraki / Who Is Above The Law? / Another Look At Buhari’s Wish List To The West

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.