Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,795 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! - Career (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! (336574 Views)

Nurses Forum: Let's Meet Here / Medical Doctors In Residency Programmes In Nigeria / More Than 5000 Nigeria-trained Medical Doctors Practise In Us’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (67) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by salemdv(m): 2:07pm On Sep 08, 2011
Doc in the building, Can a mbbs student above 30yrs still go for NYSC, and how important is it in a doc's career.
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by drt: 2:48pm On Sep 08, 2011
⌣»̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊п̥̥̲̣̣̣kƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̭̌«̶⌣. Beneli, dat was helpful.
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by amaham(m): 11:12am On Sep 10, 2011
Docs in de house, I hail una. I'm a registra in a nigeria and really gettin tired of dis residency issue. I want 2 go 4 m.sc in pharmacology hoping 2 plunge myself into de pharmaceutical industry. I really want my chiefs in dis forum 2 help elucidate de implications of my proposed decision.
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by lampardter: 8:48am On Sep 13, 2011
I love docs. They have smooth and perfect skin lol
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by ignis: 9:58am On Sep 16, 2011
Let's remain and serve our father land.
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Nobody: 10:02am On Sep 27, 2011
Hello doctors of nairaland. Pls I need a job. Am based in Lagos. A graduate of medical laboratory science. Pls if u ve any vacancy kindly let me kno so I can apply. Thanks alot
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by dpylot: 3:43pm On Sep 27, 2011
[flash=200,200]http://www.youtube.com/v/ZEg_[/flash]
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Scash(f): 11:31am On Sep 29, 2011
Hi Docs! Never knew such a thread existed. I'm not yet a qualified one, but in two yrs time i shld b thru wt med schl. Cant wait to b like one of u guys wink
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by afrodoc(m): 2:03pm On Sep 29, 2011
hello house,oga beneli i salute
pls i would like to know the top 3-5 Public Health schools in the U.K.I am planning on going for an online mph n someone in an earlier post advised dt online mph should preferably b done in a top skool.thanx,expectin helpful input from every1
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Obinoscopy(m): 2:46pm On Sep 30, 2011
John Hopkins School of Public Health is the best place to do your MPH or its subsidiaries (such as Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Health Management, etc)

Its one of the best, if not the best, in the world. Its in the United States.
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by beneli(m): 10:03pm On Oct 02, 2011
afrodoc:

hello house,oga beneli i salute
pls[b] i would like to know the top 3-5 Public Health schools in the U.K[/b].I am planning on going for an online mph n someone in an earlier post advised dt online mph should preferably b done in a top skool.thanx,expectin helpful input from every1

Hi there afrodoc, I only just saw your post. 

I am not sure of the top 3 - 5 Public Health schools in the UK. I suspect that some of the posters on this link here - https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-710704.0.html.) may be in a better position to answer your question. 

I do know, however that the London School of Tropical Health and Hygiene - which happens to have a reasonably good reputation - offers an online MpH programme. Here's their link for your perusal -  http://www.lshtm.ac.uk/prospectus/masters/dmsph.html

All the best!
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by gem70: 5:51pm On Oct 04, 2011
hi scash, would love to hook up with you, will mail you
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by ogbonoeba: 1:54am On Oct 07, 2011
Hi,
My name is Chike and I practice in the NYC metropolitan area.  My specialty is anesthesiology with subspecialization in pain management. I have my own medical practice with goals of expansion. What are the working conditions in Naija for docs? Do you have insurance? what kind of hours do you put in a week?  What will it take to set up a private clinic in Naija?

Thanks
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by ogbonoeba: 2:01am On Oct 07, 2011
Also, do pregnant women routinely get labor epidural infusions for delivery? If so, how popular is it? If not, this could be an unmet need in the country.
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by gem70: 7:13am On Oct 07, 2011
chike, you can set up a practice. depends on wer its located, it has to be a place wer people appreciate that kind of service, there is insurance but not to efficient. i am a surgeon too hope to go in to private practice soon. mail me on diamondboy70@yahoo.com
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by ogbonoeba: 10:03pm On Oct 07, 2011
Okay, I've always wanted to know how it can be done.  If I do set up a clinic in Naija, it would be private and most likely in VI.  I've heard of some Nigerians coming to the states for pain management.  I wonder if the market is large enough for pain management.

Chi
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by tpia5: 4:21pm On Oct 11, 2011
ogbonoeba:

Also, do pregnant women routinely get labor epidural infusions for delivery? If so, how popular is it? If not, this could be an unmet need in the country.

not routinely.

not sure why however- you might have to look into that.

I've heard of some Nigerians coming to the states for pain management. I wonder if the market is large enough for pain management.

also not sure.

nigerians typically endure pain ie have a higher tolerance for pain, though i could be wrong.

the rich ones however might be different.
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Tobbie9(m): 10:52am On Oct 12, 2011
Sirs i'm just curious how much does a fresh graduate earn in Nigerian hospitals(i'm a medical student in OAU) is it worth 7 years in university.
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by AjanleKoko: 4:09pm On Oct 12, 2011
Tobbie9:

Sirs i'm just curious how much does a fresh graduate earn in Nigerian hospitals(i'm a medical student in OAU) is it worth 7 years in university.

You should consider dropping out already grin

1 Like

Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by image4u: 12:24am On Oct 13, 2011
how are you doing today
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by mbulela: 3:20pm On Oct 13, 2011
Tobbie9:

it is not worth it.
try Nursing.
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by reindeer: 7:51pm On Oct 14, 2011
Tobbie9:

My friend, as an Ex OAU doctor myself, i can tell you it's worth it! Dont be deceived by seeking instant gratification. True, you may not be a billionaire as a doctor, but you'll be comfortable enough. As tough as it is for employment in the UK now, doctors have no problems and infact there are more avenues to make extra money. You need to realise though, being a doctor isnt all about money, making a difference in people's lives and seeing people get better is a definite 'high'.
You'll understand this more when you start practicing.
OAU is a very very good school if you listen to what you're being taught and not beef the lecturers for wanting you to know everything, it certainly pays off later.
Best wishes in your studies.
smiley

2 Likes

Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Tobbie9(m): 6:16pm On Oct 19, 2011
Thank you sir for that very inspirational comment, i really appreciate it
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Sagamite(m): 7:10am On Oct 20, 2011
Tobbie9:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-3022.224.html#msg8318071
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by gem70: 8:19pm On Oct 24, 2011
a career in medicine is always rewarding, but the big question is,. do you love the job? or are you in it for the money?, if for money den you are in the wrong profession!!!!!!!
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by tpia5: 2:49am On Oct 25, 2011

or are you in it for the money?,  if for money den you are in the wrong profession!!!!!!!

true talk.
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Oleros: 3:30pm On Oct 25, 2011
I am not a medical doctor, but i have friends who are studying to be medical doctors.They are at the verge of completing their projects right now in school, but they are financially constrained. They do not mind working on part time basis to get monet for these projects, or may be getting casual works. Do we have people in this forum who can be of help?
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 12:30am On Nov 13, 2011
U mean financially?
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by aduhube: 7:51am On Nov 15, 2011
Need help with Maths, Chemistry, Physics etc for your childrem? Call 08034920805 agbochriss@yahoo.com
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by inquisito: 12:15pm On Nov 15, 2011
@beneli, i jst stumbled in2 this thread and i have really enjoyed it. My inquisition is that how come u have some amount of knowledge about everything. I will really like to be like you. How can I acheive that in my field( Engineering).
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Emary(f): 3:55pm On Nov 15, 2011
Please who knows anyone in Lagos who is presently studying for the USMLE (Part 1 or 2)? I have a friend who needs a study partner or study group. Send email to marybng@yahoo.com. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (67) (Reply)

Salary In The Nigerian Army? / Any HSE Professionals In The House? / How Much Is Level 8/2 Based On New Salary Structure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.