Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,392 members, 7,819,404 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

Canadian Student Visa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa (1251 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Canadian Student Visa by just001: 9:28pm On Sep 18, 2015
I just got admission in UWinnipeg Manitoba for bsc Info Sys and have received my acceptance letter. need assistance in applying for student visa. These are the requirement i got from the school Immigration Advisor.

To apply for an initial Study Permit, you must complete a number of forms and provide the following supporting documents:

• Form: Document Checklist (IMM 5483);

• Form: Application for a Study Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM 1294);

• Form: Family Information (IMM 5645);

• A Letter of Acceptance from The University of Winnipeg;

• A valid passport;

• Two photos meeting CIC specifications;

• Evidence that you have enough money to pay for your studies and to support yourself while in Canada; and

• Letter of Explanation (It is recommended in most cases that you write a letter to explain why you want to come to Canada and how studying in Canada will help you achieve your career and educational goals).

My friend who is already schooling in Canada told me to be in a safer side that my statement of account shouldn't be below 6M and more better i use family member as my sponsor (Parent) if possible. I want to use my day as my sponsor.

My question
1. How many months bank statement do he have to provide ?
2. I have already started my application in cic site which is timed and will expire in 60days time. Hoping to submit all the need before time. I hope i can re-apply if my 60day ends without submitting my application
3. I don't really know anything about visa application and the traveling agent i spoke to is asking me to pay $1000. i don't have that kind of money.
4. Paying tuition before applying for visa will it play any role in my visa not been refused.
5. what are the best practices in securing Canadian visa
Re: Canadian Student Visa by Nobody: 8:53pm On Sep 19, 2015
There is a thread for canada visa. It's on the travel page, I think it's "travelling to canada part 9".
Re: Canadian Student Visa by justwise(m): 9:02pm On Sep 19, 2015

(1)

Accident Along Alausa Road yesterday's Evening (pics) / Tallest USA Buildings In Each State. / 7 Most Beautiful Cities In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.