Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,225 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:02 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (783318 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (517) (Go Down)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by justwise(m): 8:59pm On Mar 09, 2018
This is part 14

Part 13 here for reference purposes https://www.nairaland.com/3948393/canadian-student-visa-thread-part

Visit Canadian embassy website here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/index.asp for more information and updates

Good luck to all TRV hopefuls and to many of you here helping out with answers and words of encouragement a massive thank you to everyone of you, your efforts here contribute to the success of this thread.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by justwise(m): 9:00pm On Mar 09, 2018
thesoj:
***IMPORTANT LINKS***

HINTS ON SECURING MSc ADMISSIONS IN CANADIAN UNIVERSITIES

COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDY VISA APPLICATION

[url=
http://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/]CLICK HERE TO FIND A UNIVERSITY IN CANADA

LIST OF MOST POST-SECONDARY AND PGD PROGRAMS IN CANADIAN COLLEGES
Ontario Colleges programs search

TIPS ON [color=#990000]WRITING AN SOP FOR THE VISA OFFICER

CLICK HERE TO FIND A SOP SAMPLE FOR THE VISA OFFICER

CLICK HERE TO FIND A LETTER OF SPONSORSHIP SAMPLE

TIPS ON FINDING A RESEARCH SUPERVISOR FOR RESEARCH OR THESIS-BASED MSC OR PHD Part I
TIPS ON FINDING A RESEARCH SUPERVISOR FOR RESEARCH OR THESIS-BASED MSC OR PHD Part II Thanks @LightandDarkness!

STEPS TO CANADA ONLINE VISA APPLICATION

CLICK HERE FOR A SAMPLE OF LIST OF DOCUMENTS TO SUBMIT FOR YOUR STUDY VISA

HOW TO TACKLE COMMON REASONS FOR DENIAL

HOW TO FIND ANY INFORMATION ON THIS THREAD, NO MATTER WHEN IT WAS POSTED

THE POPULAR TRV CHOPPING DOCUMENTS COMPILATION

MORE POPULAR TRV CHOPPING DOCUMENTS

HOW TO SHRINK FILES FOR YOUR ONLINE VISA APPLICATION

CLICK TO SEE COMMON REASONS FOR DENIAL

SAMPLE LETTER OF INTRODUCTION FROM YOUR WORK PLACE

CIC E-MAIL FOR INQUIRIES

MEDICAL EXAMINATION LOCATIONS IN NIGERIA

CLICK HERE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT WORK PERMIT AFTER GRADUATION

IS IT HARDER OR EASIER TO GET A TRV WITH PGC/PGD ADMISSION VS. MASTERS?

A VERY IMPORTANT CLUE WHEN DRAFTING YOUR SOP

IF YOUR APP IS MORE THAN THE AVERAGE PROCESSING TIME, CLICK HERE TO SEND A CASE SPECIFIC ENQUIRY TO CIC

HOW TO CARRY MONEY TO CANADA FROM NIGERIA AFTER TRV APPROVAL

CHANGING INSTITUTION AFTER TRV & LANDING IN CANADA

TRAVELLING TIPS #1
TRAVELLING TIPS #2

LIFE IN CANADA Tips
***UPDATED***

Gcms note https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en

22 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by justwise(m): 9:01pm On Mar 09, 2018
If there is any useful info that need to be added to this page feel free to suggest.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Olalekank(m): 9:17pm On Mar 09, 2018
I am so happy to be here in this new thread. Even though I'm just waiting to finish to join you guys on Canada, I pray that this thread would be the thread of TRV approvals!

Welcome to part 14

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 9:19pm On Mar 09, 2018
As we match into a new thread today. I decree and declare as many of you that are longing for TRV approval, Here me clearly God will change your story this time and as you click on the LIKE button may heaven force the visa officers to grant you your visas in Jesus name.

AMEN!
Your case is settled!!! Go and pick up your TRV counter foil!

Shalom!..............Loaded 100% Grace

119 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Olalekank(m): 9:20pm On Mar 09, 2018
Frankrobbn1:
May God change our story this time. As I'm the first to comment so shall God uplift each and everyperson that clicked on the like button.

AMEN!
Na me ooo

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by chigrad: 9:30pm On Mar 09, 2018
Hello. I applied for study permit twice and was denied in all. I requested for my GCMS note which I'll attach.
I have some concerns based on the reasons given. I read Chemistry for first degree, applied for Masters in Business admin. I have 3years work experience as a Business Development officer.prior to this I worked 1year as a chemist. Pls based on the GCMS note, what does Personal Circumstances and Family composition mean? During the application I applied alone without my spouse.
I will appreciate everyone's response.
Thank you

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 9:37pm On Mar 09, 2018
chigrad:
Hello. I applied for study permit twice and was denied in all. I requested for my GCMS note which I'll attach.
I have some concerns based on the reasons given. I read Chemistry for first degree, applied for Masters in Business admin. I have 3years work experience as a Business Development officer.prior to this I worked 1year as a chemist. Pls based on the GCMS note, what does Personal Circumstances and Family composition mean? During the application I applied alone without my spouse.
Thank you

Attach your GCMS Note first then we can tell you what went wrong on your application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 9:43pm On Mar 09, 2018
Elders what is yours experience on this

Pls kindly give a comprehensive information about landed property.

How to transfer of ownership from brother to brother or father to son or father in-laws to son in-laws etc.

If I have a land of my own, what documents should I pursue that would be useful for Canada traveling.

Any surveyor or experience person should give a valid details.

Like me I have a landed property in Ekiti,
I have a land in ogun state
My father has a house in Ekiti
My elder brother has a house in ekiti
My brother has a house in ONDO state

How do you advise to me to make use of this for landed property for travelling, but no documents on them for now

I need your advise or it only landed property in the city that is being used for Canadian travelling.

We need comprehensive lecturers on this, elders in the house, experienced people, surveyor, etc
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by chigrad: 9:49pm On Mar 09, 2018
[have done thatquote author=Frankrobbn1 post=65705506]

Attach your GCMS Note first then we can tell you what went wrong on your application. [/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 9:58pm On Mar 09, 2018
chigrad:
Thank you
chigrad,
This is very easy to tackle. Since you said you previously studied Chem for your first degree and having been into business for the past 3 years and intending to go for a business administration for your masters. You need to explain to the Visa officer that there is a career progression in your pursuit and endeavor to write convincingly why you choose to pursue business admin for your masters degree and why you deviated from chemistry to business after your first degree. Try as much as possible to link your job role to your intended program in your SOP.

This is what the visa officer require from you and when this is done, you will be fine.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by hotcakept2: 10:26pm On Mar 09, 2018
I beg again

Please ooooooooo.......does anyone know if it is possible to apply for masters with a 2.2 after the completion of PDG in a canadian college?

Cc Austinpee4 Justwise yemdogg Osemigho
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by chigrad: 10:42pm On Mar 09, 2018
I actually stated all these points in my SOP. Is it now advisable to look for a course that is in line with my BSc. Or will that sound like desperation
Frankrobbn1:
chigrad,
This is very easy to tackle. Since you said you previously studied Chem for your first degree and having been into business for the past 3 years and intending to go for a business administration for your masters. You need to explain this to the Visa officer that there is a career progression in your pursuit and endeavor to write convinincly why you choose to pursue business admin for your masters degree and why you deviated from chemistry to business after your first degree. Try as much as possible to link your job role to your intended program on your SOP.

This is what the visa officer require from you and when this is done, you will be fine.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 10:49pm On Mar 09, 2018
Welcome to PART 14, everyone!

I wish all TRV hopefuls and ADMISSION hopefuls the best. smiley

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Moley22(m): 10:53pm On Mar 09, 2018
@Vibrant99 don’t you quote me if you don’t believe that everything is God’s doing. If you don’t choose to see life as God the creator and giver of things to those who/who donot strive then you need to see life from a different perspective onwards!

God bless the rest of we hopefuls!!!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by cindelinc: 10:58pm On Mar 09, 2018
[quote author=Frankrobbn1 post=65678330]
cindelinc,
Thank you very much frank,
I'm very appreciative of ur efforts

I was advised to apply instead for an masters in engineering at a Canadian university (1 yr), then do another smaller 1 yr program after that in Ontario. That way I won't need to show VO the funds for a 2 yr Engineering masters program in my account, about 16 million naira or more, which is on the high side.

Please frank what to do you suggest. ??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 11:02pm On Mar 09, 2018
justwise:

Nice one! Keep up the good work!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Darasimiolu(f): 11:12pm On Mar 09, 2018
Before the end of this thread I would receive my admission letter and my TRV...Everyone waiting for similar miracles would also testify...IJN
NO TRV REFUSALS ON THIS THREAD!!!!!
Can I get an Amen?!!!!!!!

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by pampem: 11:13pm On Mar 09, 2018
Hi All,

To him who is able to do exceedingly,abundantly more than we ever ask or think. All the Glory to God!

I joined NL on this thread (Part 5) and here I am today sharing this great news in Part 14.

After study visas delay in 2016,

Here comes our PPR!

�������������������������������������������������
ITA June 28th,2017
AOR July 25th
ADR Aug 4
ADR- Spouse Aug 5
Medical Passed-Aug 8
NA2: Aug 11
FTD: Sept 23
1p2: Feb 27
Cse Raised: Feb 27 New passport
Ppr: Mar 6,2018

Though it’s been a while here , I met wonderful people on this platform. Please feel free to ask for clarification and assistance as regards your applications.

A word for someone here:
...though it takes time, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry.

All the best!

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 12:04am On Mar 10, 2018
chigrad:
I actually stated all these points in my SOP. Is it now advisable to look for a course that is in line with my BSc. Or will that sound like desperation

chigrad,
You should present this with passion and full interest. There is nothing bad changing career path. Since you are business incline for the past 3 years and going for MBA shouldn't be a problem here. I must say your SOP was not properly written and convincing enough to the visa officer.

Changing a program that is reasonable in light with your previous studies/job role does not in any way sound desperation. Just that, You have to go through the process of securing Admission from the scratch. Which is quite stressful.

I advise you present your previous case well, other than going through admission process all over again. But if you feel you can't convince the visa officer then you can go for a program that is related to your previous studies. I believe a strong SOP should help your case here.

Shalom!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 12:16am On Mar 10, 2018
Cindelinc,

Your plans are quiet good, but why 1 year program? You know the rate at which this visa officers tag applicants with 1 year study permit application. They see them as not a bona-fide student that will leave Canada at the end of their stay and they are using study permit as means to facilitate entry into Canada. Well, I never said its impossible okay, but chances are quiet Slim not with the high rate of refusals now a days. Applicants needs to put up an upright application.

Wait a minute, are you self sponsored
? Because I can see you mentioning funds for 2 years program will be much.

Before, I proceed I need to get an answer to my above question.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 3:53am On Mar 10, 2018
Frankrobbn1:
As we match to a new thread today. I decree and declare as many of you that are longing for TRV approval, Here me clearly God will change your story this time and as you click on the LIKE button may heaven force the visa officers to grant you your visas in Jesus name.

AMEN!
Your case is settled!!! Go and pick up your TRV counter foil!

Shalom!..............Loaded 100% Grace

All good intentioned prayer I am prone to say Amen to, but this hitting like button for one's TRV approval, na wa ooh has the feel of religious legalism that feels not right. My friend Frankobynn just pray and leave things like that, he is not pressed to move based on who hit a like button or not. He is a searcher of hearts and discerner of thoughts, his will will be done in everyone's life. Best!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 7:25am On Mar 10, 2018
chigrad:
[have done thatquote author= post=65705506]

Attach your GCMS Note first then we can tell you what went wrong on your application.

How did you go about requesting for your gcms note? I need to order mine too.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 7:49am On Mar 10, 2018
jnyuwa02:

All good intentioned prayer I am prone to say Amen to, but this hitting like button for one's TRV approval, na wa ooh has the feel of religious legalism that feels not right. My friend Frankobynn just pray and leave things like that, he is not pressed to move based on who hit a like button or not. He is a searcher of hearts and discerner of thoughts, his will will be done in everyone's life. Best!

Lol! cheesy This guy self jnyuwa02 , why are you quoting me at the beginning of the thread?. Isn't it too early to table my matter boss? undecided

Well, This makes the beginning of each thread exciting and my reason for doing that is simply to elevate the depressed (Applicants who feel they can't make it again and decides to quit). Praying to God Almighty and asking prospective applicants to punch at the LIKE button is not bad and also not a religious legalism as you say, it all depends on how you see it from your own perspective my friend jnyuwa02.

Shalom!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by chigrad: 8:14am On Mar 10, 2018
Applied thru a Canadian citizen.that resides there
Qadi:

How did you go about requesting for your gcms note? I need to order mine too.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by chigrad: 8:15am On Mar 10, 2018
Thank you
Frankrobbn1:

chigrad,
You should present this with passion and full interest. There is nothing bad changing career path. Since you are business incline for the past 3 years and going for MBA shouldn't be a problem here. I must say your SOP was not properly written and convincing enough to the visa officer.

Changing a program that is reasonable in light with your previous studies/job role does not in any way sound desperation. Just that, You have to go through the process of securing Admission from the scratch. Which is quite stressful.

I advise you present your previous case well, other than going through admission process all over again. But if you feel you can't convince the visa officer then you can go for a program that is related to your previous studies. I believe a strong SOP should help your case here.

Shalom!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by chigrad: 8:25am On Mar 10, 2018
Hi, is it possible to get admission without using an agent? Went through an agent in my previous application, I intend applying myself now.
Also if a baby is declared during visa application, is that an automatic visa refusal.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by WEIRDPC(m): 8:47am On Mar 10, 2018
chigrad:
Hi, is it possible to get admission without using an agent? Went through an agent in my previous application, I intend applying myself now.
Also if a baby is declared during visa application, is that an automatic visa refusal.

It is possible to secure admission without using an agent.

I don't even see why you should use an agent in the first place.

Declaring a baby isn't an automatic refusal.

what's your plan for the baby ?

Is the baby accompanying you to Canada?

The onus is on you to convince the Visa officer what your plans are. Show the Visa officer your plans on how to take care of the baby while in school. Register the baby in a pre school before applying. Show evidences of additional funding to cater for the baby and you will fine

Best wishes

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by chigrad: 8:50am On Mar 10, 2018
WEIRDPC:

Thank you
It is possible to secure admission without using an agent.

I don't even see why you should use an agent in the first place.

Declaring a baby isn't an automatic refusal.

what's your plan for the baby ?

Is the baby accompanying you to Canada?

The onus is on you to convince the Visa officer what your plans are. Show the Visa officer your plans on how to take care of the baby while in school. Register the baby in a pre school before applying. Show evidences of additional funding to cater for the baby and you will fine

Best wishes

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 8:51am On Mar 10, 2018
It is good to be here again, may this part be more favorable than the previous ones.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 10:06am On Mar 10, 2018
chigrad:
Applied thru a Canadian citizen.that resides there

Can you or he help me do mine?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by yemdogg: 12:02pm On Mar 10, 2018
hotcakept2:
I beg again

Please ooooooooo.......does anyone know if it is possible to apply for masters with a 2.2 after the completion of PDG in a canadian college?

Cc Austinpee Justwise yemdogg

If you're looking to pursue a course based masters program, could be possible. However, you'd have to apply to many institutions just to improve your chances of admission.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.