Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,682 members, 7,823,922 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

Who Is Responsible For The Present State Of Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is Responsible For The Present State Of Nigeria (3695 Views)

#SarakiCCT: Zakari Mohammed Responsible For Blackout During Saraki's CCT Trial / Apc Claims Buhari Is Responsible For The U-17 World Cup Victory / What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Responsible For The Present State Of Nigeria by ciscostaz: 9:00pm On Apr 12, 2009
I have searched so much but could not come to a better conclusion. Who is responsible for our present predicament.

So many people can not afford to eat. We can not send our children to good public schools because the teachers are not ready to do their job. They are not motivated. The private schools are too expensive. Imagine paying N50k as school fees for a nursery student in abuja and you are told that it is the cheapest in town? No better health care services as private clinics thrives everywhere. And to cap it all, the economy seems to be getting from bad to worse. who is really to blame?

Is it we the people, is it the politicians? or is it that God is angry with all of us. Imagine, we all wanted a change in Leadership but we are not being given the freedom to elect people who can take us to promised land. We are being ruled by peoplw who are thrown upon us? Why? Why?? Why

I am confused. Please Nairalanders, tell me.
Re: Who Is Responsible For The Present State Of Nigeria by asha80(m): 9:10pm On Apr 12, 2009
Guy forget nigeria
Re: Who Is Responsible For The Present State Of Nigeria by ikeyman00(m): 9:19pm On Apr 12, 2009
those political monkies; in ass-hole rocks!!

period!!

how much does it cost to make a create change so much, not really, but would they ever be polarised to good thing at the right time

not much if u ask me!!

sad
Re: Who Is Responsible For The Present State Of Nigeria by ElRazur: 9:33pm On Apr 12, 2009
Trying to play a blame game wont help us. We have done it and so far gives no positive result. Perhaps it is time we start to look for other solutions like trying to build, ?
Re: Who Is Responsible For The Present State Of Nigeria by Epiphany(m): 11:14am On Apr 13, 2009
O boy, na difficult question be dis o. It is like asking which comes first, the egg or the chicken!

Are all of us responsible for the present state of Nigeria? Or is it only the few people who have been our leaders since independence
Re: Who Is Responsible For The Present State Of Nigeria by iwefactria: 12:20pm On Apr 13, 2009
asha 80:

Guy forget nigeria

Naija cant be forgotten or do u think forgetting it is the solution??
Re: Who Is Responsible For The Present State Of Nigeria by manmustwac(m): 1:00pm On Apr 13, 2009
You, I and every nigerian is responsible for the present state of nigeria.
Re: Who Is Responsible For The Present State Of Nigeria by oderemo(m): 1:07pm On Apr 13, 2009
dont think of what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country. is that not what that guy says, innit.
Re: Who Is Responsible For The Present State Of Nigeria by MaiSuya(m): 3:57pm On Apr 13, 2009
Whose responsible for the state of Nigeria?

in one word: NIGERIANS! tongue
Re: Who Is Responsible For The Present State Of Nigeria by Pepeye(f): 5:33pm On Apr 13, 2009
We’ve been unfortunate with the leaders per se
Re: Who Is Responsible For The Present State Of Nigeria by bawomolo(m): 5:37pm On Apr 13, 2009
manmustwac:

You, I and every nigerian is responsible for the present state of nigeria.

GBAM
Re: Who Is Responsible For The Present State Of Nigeria by ikeyman00(m): 6:48pm On Apr 13, 2009
60% northern leaders

30% yoruba leaders

10% igbo leaders

gbam gbam!!
Re: Who Is Responsible For The Present State Of Nigeria by annyplenty(m): 12:09am On Apr 14, 2009
everybody
Re: Who Is Responsible For The Present State Of Nigeria by FBS: 11:48am On Apr 14, 2009
the setup was wrong. There is no such country as Nigeria.
Re: Who Is Responsible For The Present State Of Nigeria by toosoon(m): 11:50am On Apr 14, 2009
military men plus the present civilian president.
Re: Who Is Responsible For The Present State Of Nigeria by Nobody: 12:05pm On Apr 14, 2009
@topic

The three major tribes in nigeria, with the hausa leading.
The minorities are exempted from my list.
Re: Who Is Responsible For The Present State Of Nigeria by MrCrackles(m): 12:52pm On Apr 14, 2009
Topic

Nigerians are responsible for the overall decadence, corrosive decline, despicable rot and disgusting state of the Nation! sad
Re: Who Is Responsible For The Present State Of Nigeria by IFELEKE(m): 1:15pm On Apr 14, 2009
@Poster,
Our Leaders
Past and Present for continually milking us dry without any visionary project to uplift the nation.

Intermidiaries
For doggedly following the leaders(out of fear or gluttonic tendencies) while shamelessly closing their eyes to the rape,loot and plunder tactics used by the leaders to tackle our national wealth.

The Rest Of Us.
For keeping quiet and expecting miracle to come when the only thing we need do is to take our destiny into our hands.
Re: Who Is Responsible For The Present State Of Nigeria by Dede1(m): 1:21pm On Apr 14, 2009
@Poster

It is either that many so-called Nigerians are so forgetful of recorded events or they chose to remain ignorance. However, I urge you to please disabuse yourself of prejudice and you would find the answers to your question.

For a starter, Nigerian problems are rooted in the flagrant display of nepotism, sectionalism, favoritism, introduction of religion to politics by the Tafawa Belawa’s government.

It was followed by the usurpation of power and disregard for seniority and military parlance by Gowon and ranks and files from northern region of Nigeria. This action has bankrolled wanton tendencies for indiscipline among the so-called Nigerians.

Following closely to the above facts where the spotty but visionless leadership of the Yoruba and the entire minority ethnic groups of southern Nigeria that ganged up with northern Nigerian leadership to fight Ndigbo, Ibibio, Ogoni, Annang, Kalabari and the few Ijo of Rivers State. As a result of the war, so-called Nigerians have lost their sense decency, unity and the need to cater for a fellow Nigerian.

The finest solution remains that the colonial contraption called Nigeria must cease to exist. Too many people are afraid of what will follow if the jungle called Nigeria would gravitate towards disintegration. Anybody who is harboring fear of unforeseen circumstances that could blow through the deconstruction of Nigeria should not be blamed because the future does not have a window but again the test of the pudding is in the eating.
Re: Who Is Responsible For The Present State Of Nigeria by Redman44(m): 1:30pm On Apr 14, 2009
When a sick man is imposed upon 140 million people as their President, what do you think will happen?  Nigerians are living under a benevolent dictatorship. The problem with Nigeria is that of bad leaders. Unpopular leaders shoot or rig their way to power, and when they get into office, they steal the country blind. Is there any honest leader in Nigeria at all? The general attitude of Nigerians to life is another reason why the country is in a mess. Right from our churches to the Universities to Aso Rock, Independent thinking is hardly encouraged. You're not supposed to ask questions. Just follow the 'rules' and keep quiet. Vey stupid way of doing things. I have a lot to say about our way of life.

However, I love Nigeria. God will make a way where there seems to be no way. Cheers.
Re: Who Is Responsible For The Present State Of Nigeria by deb(m): 1:42pm On Apr 14, 2009
Guy forget nigeria

There is no iota of patriotism in your phrase at all. It is so sad

@poster

Don't look too far. one of the problems of Nigeria is asha 80 or whatever is his ID?

My opinion, I think everybody is to blame. You become irresponsible when you don't accept responsibility
for your success or failure.
Re: Who Is Responsible For The Present State Of Nigeria by emiemi(f): 1:49pm On Apr 14, 2009
you and I undecided
Re: Who Is Responsible For The Present State Of Nigeria by Hardballer(m): 1:52pm On Apr 14, 2009
yeah all of us for taking all this bullshit for so long
Re: Who Is Responsible For The Present State Of Nigeria by Igwe9(m): 2:03pm On Apr 14, 2009
@ op

Their skin color cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Is Responsible For The Present State Of Nigeria by scktaggif: 2:05pm On Apr 14, 2009
The British are responsible for Nigeria's problem from the beginning. The British Colonial policies in Nigeria gave birth to ethnic segregation. Colonialism in it's very nature has Racist connotations. The colonialist tended to choose a preferred ethnic group over all the others during colonial Era in Nigeria and there are over 300 ethnic groups.  The British favored the Fulani and Hausas and they recruited members of these ethnicities in disproportionate numbers into the colonial military.  The British left Nigerians divided hence laying the foundation for what became the source of Nigeria’s social, political and economic problems ravaging the very fabric of this nation to this hour.  The British colonized and amalgamated Nigeria without prior consideration to our Ethnic and cultural differences, without due consultation with ethnic groups as these ethnic groups have been coexisting as independent neighbors for centuries. This they did for administrative convenience against the wishes of almost 300 ethnic groups involved. After Nigeria gained her independence on October 1st 1960, a social political bombshell was already set in motion and it was just a matter of time before detonation moment, thus, laying the foundation of ethnic violence, economic and political problems in Nigeria today.

Before colonial interference, the country called Nigeria did not exist. In its place were various independent tribes and communities. These tribal groups have different languages, cultures, religion and political practices. They were all brought together under British rule to form the nation called Nigeria. The colonial masters drew the borders without prior consideration to difference in culture, ethnic groups. After the amalgamation in 1914, they were regarded as Nigerians, but every one considered them selves as primary members of their originated tribe.
Re: Who Is Responsible For The Present State Of Nigeria by sholasys: 2:16pm On Apr 14, 2009
@dede1
[quote]Following closely to the above facts where the spotty but visionless leadership of the Yoruba and the entire minority ethnic groups of southern Nigeria that ganged up with northern Nigerian leadership to fight Ndigbo, Ibibio, Ogoni, Annang, Kalabari and the few Ijo of Rivers State. As a result of the war, so-called Nigerians have lost their sense decency, unity and the need to cater for a fellow Nigerian.[quote][/quote]
WHAT A FALLACY.

Though your previous paragraph sound insightful but this quoted one is  misleading and deceptive. Go back to History
WHAT A TRIBALISTIC DISPLAY !!!!
Re: Who Is Responsible For The Present State Of Nigeria by shesco24(m): 2:30pm On Apr 14, 2009
I am very much in agreement with "MANMUSTWAC" We are responsible for the problems we are facing here in our country. And we must together renovate it again. We as individuals must learn to think what we can sacrifice for our country and not the other way round.
Re: Who Is Responsible For The Present State Of Nigeria by cvibe: 2:30pm On Apr 14, 2009
Nigerians are responsible.

Ssactifg.  Your colonialistic statement does not hold water. I hope you are aware that Ghana was also colonized by Britain.

Previously it used to be Ghana must go bags, now it's Nija must go bags.
Re: Who Is Responsible For The Present State Of Nigeria by Dungren(m): 2:45pm On Apr 14, 2009
Every Nigerian is responsible for our present state. Don't think some foreigners or aliens would fall from the sky and make Nigeria better. It starts wit u.

nuzo:

@topic

The three major tribes in nigeria, with the hausa leading.
The minorities are exempted from my list.

The same minorities welcomed Alamesi?(former gov of Bayelsa) back to the state wit funfair after stealing N9billion.

Its Nigerians that keep damaging gas pipelines thereby reducing gas supply to power plants. Its just crazy.

We need to change our mindset and work together.
Re: Who Is Responsible For The Present State Of Nigeria by alex406(m): 2:59pm On Apr 14, 2009
I can't forget that big for nothing man that turned the whole country around.
Re: Who Is Responsible For The Present State Of Nigeria by asha80(m): 3:00pm On Apr 14, 2009
There is no iota of patriotism in your phrase at all. It is so sad

@poster

Don't look too far. one of the problems of Nigeria is asha 80 or whatever is his ID?

My opinion, I think everybody is to blame. You become irresponsible when you don't accept responsibility
for your success or failure.

Abeg go siddon for gutter.See a tribalist accusing me of lack of patriotism.
Re: Who Is Responsible For The Present State Of Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 3:08pm On Apr 14, 2009
roflmao@asha

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2011: Ibb Educates Fct Minister / President Jonathan Paid Obasanjo A Surprise Visit In Abeokuta Today / PDP, Presidency Plan Shocker For Ribadu Reports The Punch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.