Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,049 members, 7,814,599 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

Accused Of Corruption, Code Of Conduct Tribunal Chairman Shuns EFCC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Accused Of Corruption, Code Of Conduct Tribunal Chairman Shuns EFCC (816 Views)

Saraki At The Code Of Conduct Tribunal For False Asset Declaration (photos) / Why Malami Shuns EFCC, Sends Judges’ Cases To DSS / Saraki's Trial At The Code Of Conduct Tribunal Continues... (Live Update) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Accused Of Corruption, Code Of Conduct Tribunal Chairman Shuns EFCC by erunz(m): 8:25am On Sep 19, 2015
Aside from the alleged bribe demand and collection, Mr. Umar is also being investigated for maladministration and corruption at the CCT.
The Chairman of the Code of Conduct Tribunal, CCT, Danladi Umar, has refused to honour an invitation by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, over corruption allegations including allegedly receiving N10 million bribe from a suspect.
The EFCC had sent an invitation to Mr. Umar on March 18; requesting that the tribunal boss appears before the commission on March 27.
Mr. Umar had allegedly demanded a N10 million bribe from a retired Comptroller of Customs, Rasheed Taiwo, who is being prosecuted at the CCT for allegedly failing to declare his asset while in office.
Mr. Taiwo told the EFCC that he paid part of the bribe, N1.8 million, to the chairman of CCT through the latter’s personal assistant.
One refusal too many
A highly placed source at the EFCC had earlier told PREMIUM TIMES that Mr. Umar failed to honour an invitation sent to him to appear before the commission on December 30, 2013.
The Head Media and Publicity, EFCC, Wilson Uwujaren, confirmed that Mr. Umar failed to appear before the commission. The accused did not also notify the commission of his reason for not appearing.
It is not clear how the EFCC will handle the defiant Code of Conduct boss, whose mandate as the Chairman of the Tribunal includes curbing corruption among public officials.
Mr. Uwujaren told PREMIUM TIMES that he would consult with the commission’s operatives in charge of Mr. Umar’s case before he can give details of what the commission would do.
“I will have to interact with the operatives on the case to know the way forward on his case,” he said.
Aside from the alleged bribe demand and collection, Mr. Umar is also being investigated for maladministration and corruption at the CCT.
PREMIUM TIMES had reported how three staff of the tribunal – its accountant, Shotunde Adeyinka, and two administrative officers, Lucky Eronlan and Johnson Owopetu – who were transferred out of Abuja to Ondo, Bauchi and Katsina states respectively, under controversial circumstances, had petitioned the EFCC on Mr. Umar corrupt practises and his highhandedness.
The trio copied in the Presidency, CCT, National Human Rights Commission, NHRC, the National Judicial Council, NJC, the Senate, Nigeria Bar Association, NBA, the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission, ICPC, and the Attorney General of the Federation on their petition.
In their petition, the trio listed a barrage of corruption allegation, including awarding contracts without due process, making full contract payments to contractors instead of mobilization fees, and dysfunctional appointments and promotion without board approval or regards to federal character.
There was also an alleged disappearance of N24 million belonging to the tribunal that was allegedly found in the Wuse Zone 5 residence of Mr. Umar’s late predecessor.
The seeming corruption at the CCT may not have started with Mr. Umar. His late predecessor, Murtala Sanni, was also indicted of corruption.
Mr. Umar, on assumption of duty, set up a committee to investigate Mr. Sanni for perceived corrupt practices. The committee found Mr. Sanni culpable of awarding contracts to pseudo contractors amongst other corrupt acts.
The committee recommended that stolen monies be retrieved from Mr. Sanni’s family while all other officials who benefited from the corruption be sanctioned.
It is uncertain if the CCT implemented the recommendations as none of its indicted officials is being prosecuted.
Mr. Umar, who was to provide clarification on these issues to the EFCC, has now twice shunned the commission.
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/157787-accused-corruption-code-conduct-tribunal-chairman-shuns-efcc.html
Re: Accused Of Corruption, Code Of Conduct Tribunal Chairman Shuns EFCC by 1stGenius(m): 8:26am On Sep 19, 2015
9ja I dey hail oo.
Next you will here is that EFCC boss is charged for corruption. Who do we lean on for fighting this menace?Even the forces' arms are not to be trusted.

In another news,today is my BIRTHDAY.Show me some LOVE with your LIKES.
#1stGeniusIsGratefulToGod#
Re: Accused Of Corruption, Code Of Conduct Tribunal Chairman Shuns EFCC by ebbybest(f): 8:27am On Sep 19, 2015
EFCC just dea make noise since d regime of buhari
Re: Accused Of Corruption, Code Of Conduct Tribunal Chairman Shuns EFCC by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:29am On Sep 19, 2015
This shows that the EFCC under CP Ibrahim Lamorde is VERY useless and worthless. If they invited an accused and he refused honor the invitation, the proper thing to do is to get him arrested/declare him wanted or seek for arrest warrant from a competent court. What is the noise about explaining to Premium Times that has no prosecuting power? Anyway, it is still not too late to arrest and prosecute the man WHILE the President appoint an acting Chairman to continue with Saraki's case grin. Whether Danladi Umar was invited or not is irrelevant to the case against Bukola Saraki. He (Saraki) must be brought to Justice along with ALL corrupt officials.
Re: Accused Of Corruption, Code Of Conduct Tribunal Chairman Shuns EFCC by olafum1(m): 8:30am On Sep 19, 2015
Who r this jokers?
Re: Accused Of Corruption, Code Of Conduct Tribunal Chairman Shuns EFCC by Nobody: 8:30am On Sep 19, 2015
Chai!!! The hunter is now the hunted!!! I always knew they was something fishy about this CCT chairman

2 Likes

Re: Accused Of Corruption, Code Of Conduct Tribunal Chairman Shuns EFCC by omenka(m): 8:36am On Sep 19, 2015
chukwudi44:
Chai!!! The hunter is now the hunted!!! I always knew they was something fishy about this CCT chairman
Pa Shukwudi, your mumuness no be here. I tell u say dis Seriki mata go kill u oo!! I know say you no know say na old article be this. cheesy. And at that time, na ur oga jona be oga pata pata. Why didn't he order the arrest of the man??

So this is what you guys intend to use against the man- that he also didn't accept a summon, so Seriki has the right not to. I wait eagerly to see the court you people intend to submit such an argument. cheesy
Re: Accused Of Corruption, Code Of Conduct Tribunal Chairman Shuns EFCC by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:37am On Sep 19, 2015
chukwudi44:
But this have no effect on Saraki's case na tongue. His case will go on!
Re: Accused Of Corruption, Code Of Conduct Tribunal Chairman Shuns EFCC by psucc(m): 8:38am On Sep 19, 2015
That's why I love my country.
If you want to know who you are, try making noise.
Re: Accused Of Corruption, Code Of Conduct Tribunal Chairman Shuns EFCC by neocortex: 8:41am On Sep 19, 2015
I will love it if Saraki's case can have a domino effect.
Re: Accused Of Corruption, Code Of Conduct Tribunal Chairman Shuns EFCC by januzaj(m): 8:42am On Sep 19, 2015
[s]
chukwudi44:
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Accused Of Corruption, Code Of Conduct Tribunal Chairman Shuns EFCC by pharmagba: 8:50am On Sep 19, 2015
Do not worry. He is presently handling an urgent matter, after he finishes this Saraki case he will go and and answer the EFCC.
Don't be worked up it is turn by turn everyone must answer.
Re: Accused Of Corruption, Code Of Conduct Tribunal Chairman Shuns EFCC by homesteady(m): 9:03am On Sep 19, 2015
Every day new plots comes up! Nigeria grin
Re: Accused Of Corruption, Code Of Conduct Tribunal Chairman Shuns EFCC by baralatie(m): 9:08am On Sep 19, 2015
chukwudi44:
then the lawyers of sarai have just won the case with one strike!
Re: Accused Of Corruption, Code Of Conduct Tribunal Chairman Shuns EFCC by Dcomrade(m): 9:57am On Sep 19, 2015
You just have to love Nigeria and Nigerians.....grin funny enough no one seems to be talking abt the Ministerial list anymore! what a good diversion of attention with this #Sarakigate undecided

(1) (Reply)

[SAHARA REPORTERS] Obasanjo Shared $74million Halliburton Bribe -okiro Panel / Prince B..B APUGO Vs The Federal High Court Umuahia. / Alamieyeseigha Abandoned Medical Trip Midway – Dickson

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.