Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,328 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

Men Abandon City Girls, Rush For IDP Singles In Maiduguri- Daily Trust - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Men Abandon City Girls, Rush For IDP Singles In Maiduguri- Daily Trust (30432 Views)

Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage? / Who Really Makes A Better Wife, Village Girls Or City Girls? / Why Grooms Are Rushing For IDP Brides (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men Abandon City Girls, Rush For IDP Singles In Maiduguri- Daily Trust by Rockyfancino(m): 5:44pm On Sep 19, 2015
Re: Men Abandon City Girls, Rush For IDP Singles In Maiduguri- Daily Trust by Nobody: 5:44pm On Sep 19, 2015
SmartMugu:

Relocate Busola to an IDP camp. Her yanga will melt.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Men Abandon City Girls, Rush For IDP Singles In Maiduguri- Daily Trust by shoponlinedress: 5:44pm On Sep 19, 2015
Always high quality but cheap bridesmaid dresses!http://www.shoponlinedress.com
Re: Men Abandon City Girls, Rush For IDP Singles In Maiduguri- Daily Trust by orakle007: 5:44pm On Sep 19, 2015
Lie Lie story grin grin
Re: Men Abandon City Girls, Rush For IDP Singles In Maiduguri- Daily Trust by sparkwil(m): 5:44pm On Sep 19, 2015
City girls indeed

What do they hv that these infortunate damsels dont have if not pride and high taste

1 Like

Re: Men Abandon City Girls, Rush For IDP Singles In Maiduguri- Daily Trust by seedorfg(m): 5:45pm On Sep 19, 2015
NORTHERNOCRACY ATTITUDE
Re: Men Abandon City Girls, Rush For IDP Singles In Maiduguri- Daily Trust by Luckygurl(f): 5:46pm On Sep 19, 2015
And here I was thinking that the bride price for igbo girls are on the high side. This is much higher jare!!

See oo 100,000-150,000 just for bride price shocked shocked
Them men are in deep shitgrin grin

City babes vs IDP girls 0-1
buwahahaha!!! Eeeeyaaah, no time to form oo IDP girls go replace you sharpaly grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Men Abandon City Girls, Rush For IDP Singles In Maiduguri- Daily Trust by lambros(f): 5:47pm On Sep 19, 2015
Let them keep wearing long face,soon na wrinkled face dem go wear finally. lol
Re: Men Abandon City Girls, Rush For IDP Singles In Maiduguri- Daily Trust by missdebs(f): 5:48pm On Sep 19, 2015
msccchhhheeewww
Re: Men Abandon City Girls, Rush For IDP Singles In Maiduguri- Daily Trust by Nobody: 5:49pm On Sep 19, 2015
Hahahahahah. Chai, women and jealousy are like bread and butter. Weting these poor innocent girls do una? undecided city girls abeg make una free those IDPs girls oo
Re: Men Abandon City Girls, Rush For IDP Singles In Maiduguri- Daily Trust by vivalavida(m): 5:50pm On Sep 19, 2015
Asma’u Suleiman, a student of Sir Kashim Ibrahim College of Education, Maiduguri, said her friend who is also a student of the same institution lost her suitor to an IDP girl after four years courtship. “I know my friend does not pay much attention to him whenever he raised the issue of marriage, but it was too harsh of him to have abandoned her for the IDP. I was told that the IDP girl used to visit him on campus, cook for him and wash his clothes. The next thing we heard was that they got married,” she said.

Your friend really deserved what she got

Marte had accompanied a friend to an IDP camp, where he met a girl. “She is beautiful and the smile on her face attracted me and we got talking. In three weeks, we got married and without stress.

I envy the way this people marry without stress.
Choi!!!

1 Like

Re: Men Abandon City Girls, Rush For IDP Singles In Maiduguri- Daily Trust by doctimothy: 5:51pm On Sep 19, 2015
At the end of the day, woman na woman
Re: Men Abandon City Girls, Rush For IDP Singles In Maiduguri- Daily Trust by cococandy(f): 5:52pm On Sep 19, 2015
I thought bride price in the north is five naira?
So the thing even reach 150,000? Now who's lying?
Re: Men Abandon City Girls, Rush For IDP Singles In Maiduguri- Daily Trust by cococandy(f): 5:53pm On Sep 19, 2015
Luckygurl:
And here I was thinking that the bride price for igbo girls are on the high side.

See oo 500,000-1,000,000 just for bride price shocked shocked
Them men are in deep shitgrin grin
I thought so too.
Re: Men Abandon City Girls, Rush For IDP Singles In Maiduguri- Daily Trust by Profitsng(m): 5:53pm On Sep 19, 2015
shocked
Re: Men Abandon City Girls, Rush For IDP Singles In Maiduguri- Daily Trust by slyng(m): 5:55pm On Sep 19, 2015
The most mumu FTC av seen in a while
Re: Men Abandon City Girls, Rush For IDP Singles In Maiduguri- Daily Trust by geesilver(m): 5:57pm On Sep 19, 2015
Igwe must hear this.............why man no go rush go IDP camp, when u can flex with 5 girls for just 50k my weekly wardrobe allowance....chai! I don hammer o.
Re: Men Abandon City Girls, Rush For IDP Singles In Maiduguri- Daily Trust by akyus(m): 5:58pm On Sep 19, 2015
Every woman created by God is beautiful and special. The only thing guys need is prayers. When you get the right woman the rest of your life will be peaceful.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Men Abandon City Girls, Rush For IDP Singles In Maiduguri- Daily Trust by abduljabbar4(m): 6:01pm On Sep 19, 2015
DashMeYansh:
Religion of P**s.
Imagine trading women like commodities. They love their religion because they have been brainwashed for almost 1500 years. If only they were Arabic literate, they would open their eyes to the atrocities they endorse lipsrsealed...Hinduism, Judaism, Confucianism, Christianity, Buddhism no dey cause Headaches like Their own undecided

I didn't mention any Religion but it doesn't take a Genius to know cool
bastard go and take ur mamas smelly nnyash

1 Like

Re: Men Abandon City Girls, Rush For IDP Singles In Maiduguri- Daily Trust by docadams: 6:02pm On Sep 19, 2015
I am ripe to remarry. Where's the IDP camp, please?

2 Likes

Re: Men Abandon City Girls, Rush For IDP Singles In Maiduguri- Daily Trust by Ghost01(m): 6:03pm On Sep 19, 2015
Interesting! grin
Re: Men Abandon City Girls, Rush For IDP Singles In Maiduguri- Daily Trust by Nobody: 6:05pm On Sep 19, 2015
On my way to Maiduguri IDP i dey go pick my own too
Re: Men Abandon City Girls, Rush For IDP Singles In Maiduguri- Daily Trust by abduljabbar4(m): 6:10pm On Sep 19, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:
And busola will be doing yanga for me.I don't know why these girls are complaining tho since the men marry as much as four wives
You think the women like being second wives.

1 Like

Re: Men Abandon City Girls, Rush For IDP Singles In Maiduguri- Daily Trust by Nobody: 6:14pm On Sep 19, 2015
kogiguy:
yeah........I do encourage it because it will reduce the number of women in d IDPs

It makes economic sense to marry the idp gals, they will make better wives and show appreciation to their husband than the cocky corrupt city girls who just want to get a hostage (husband) after wasting themselves sleeping with all the men in the city.

The value of a woman is not determined by the size of dowry paid on her, but by how her man treats and respects her.
Ladies should know this, they are not trophies. wink

What will it profit a city girl if a man spends N1million on you for dowry and dumps you after 18 months, ladies should de emphasize money in marriage, the fact that a man spends heavily on you initially doesnt mean he will continue to do that forever and its not a measure of his love for you.
IT IS PROSTITUTES WHO EXCHANGE LOVE FOR MONEY IN RELATONSHIPS.

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Men Abandon City Girls, Rush For IDP Singles In Maiduguri- Daily Trust by skondo09(m): 6:15pm On Sep 19, 2015
DashMeYansh:
Religion of P**s.
Imagine trading women like commodities. They love their religion because they have been brainwashed for almost 1500 years. If only they were Arabic literate, they would open their eyes to the atrocities they endorse lipsrsealed...Hinduism, Judaism, Confucianism, Christianity, Buddhism no dey cause Headaches like Their own undecided

nigerians with adaptation and turning every disadvantage to advantage
Re: Men Abandon City Girls, Rush For IDP Singles In Maiduguri- Daily Trust by bukatyne(f): 6:25pm On Sep 19, 2015
Abujabir24:

Most of them, wearing long faces, lamented that men who have dated prospective brides for years have abandoned them for others in the IDP camps, who accept impromptu marriage proposals from men they do not know very well, for the promise of a life away from the camps
A man who would leave his city girl for an IDP so easily doesn't sound like a husband material

Most of the ‘city girls’ told Daily Trust that they will not crash the prices of their dowry from the usual N150,000 on the average to the N10,000 being paid for brides at the IDP camps, maintaining that they are refined, polished and have qualities that the girls in the IDP do not.
Falmata Bashir Modu, 23, is awaiting admission into the University said the girls in the IDP camps are actually a threat to single girls in the city, because most men want low-cost marriages are finding comfort there, adding, “When someone whispered to me that the guy proposing to marry my childhood friend is abandoning her for an IDP bride, I could not believe it. But, just because he could not afford N500,000 to N1 million. He went for a rustic bride who I’m sure cannot even cook well.”
This girl does not sound bright and is proud. Could it not be a case of lack of funds for the husband? What makes her better than an IDP? Or does Boko Haram plunging a town suddenly make the indigenes 'rustic'? 23yrs still looking for admission should concentrate in that.

But Aisha Mustafa, 22, and a student of University of Maiduguri said if it is just the cost of dowry that will make her miss her suitor for another girl, she is ready to convince her parents to reduce the money to a bearable amount. “I cannot afford to miss someone I love because of bride price. I’m not for sale. There is a minimum amount fixed by Islam as dowry and I do not mind asking for that, once the love and understanding is there. What I want is to enjoy my marriage with a man I love,” she said.
Wise girl kiss. Perhaps you could teach Fatima a thing or two.

Maimuna, a student of Sir Kashim Ibrahim College of Education, Maiduguri, said she will not reduce her dowry. “It is a matter of sitting him down and telling him the advantages of going for the best. I am sure he will understand,” she said.
Maimuna’s friend, also a student of the same College of Education, who declined to identify herself, said: “I’m aware that some men went to IDP camps and paid N5,000 or N10,000 and got brides. They rush for the IDPs because they do not have to buy clothes and other traditional requirements. It’s disturbing and something needs to be done immediately.”
what special advantage is an indigene bringing that a man will pay #150k instead of #10k for an IDP? That advantage better be *15.

But 40-year-old widow Inna Usman said the IDP girls are only a threat to other girls who are desperate to marry. “Since my husband died, I have not been keen on remarriage. I am facing my business now. The IDP girls are posing a challenge to ‘city girls’ and the men are not willing to budge.”
True

Fatima Musa a SS student in Gwoza who escaped to Maiduguri with her family, said the issue of bride price is a matter that only parents can address and that IDPs are entitled to marry. “I don’t see any reason why men should not ask for their hands in marriage.”
I agree with you. The only problem I see is a man leaving his indigene for an IDP because the former's bride price is higher

18-year-old Zainab Adamu of the University of Maiduguri said she blames the men for the situation. “Any man who abandons the girl he has proposed to for one with supposedly less economical cost does not know what he wants,” she said.
She added that the rate at which men troop to IDP camps in a rush to secure brides is alarming. “I think it is time for government to relocate them back to their various communities so that everybody will rest,” she said.
True at first paragraph. Unfortunately for you, the safety of the IDPs is much more important than your desire to secure your ideal spouse

Zainab Auwal, 27, said she is not afraid of the IDP girls taking over her suitor because she is educated and her suitor is only interested in educated fine girl like her and not a girl that is willing to give out herself in marriage so cheap.
Dream on. I wish the longetiivity of a marriage is determined by the amount of BP paid

Miss Grace, a student of the University of Maiduguri, told Daily Trust that there are educated and non-educated girls both in the IDP camps and among the so-called city girls. “The fact is, the IDPs are less-demanding because they’re eager for new lives away from the camps. And the demands of the city girls are crazy, as far as asking for N500,000 and above.”
Hmmm. So the city girls have no edge after all

Asma’u Suleiman, a student of Sir Kashim Ibrahim College of Education, Maiduguri, said her friend who is also a student of the same institution lost her suitor to an IDP girl after four years courtship. “I know my friend does not pay much attention to him whenever he raised the issue of marriage, but it was too harsh of him to have abandoned her for the IDP. I was told that the IDP girl used to visit him on campus, cook for him and wash his clothes. The next thing we heard was that they got married,” she said.
I see no problem here. Your friend was not ready for marriage and her guy moved on. How long should he have waited? Would you have encouraged your friend to stick with him if he was still dragging his feet after 4yrs?

On their own part, the men who spoke to Daily Trust said moderate dowries are not the only factors causing them to go after the girls in the IDP camps. Alhaji Fannami Marte said he married his second wife from the IDP camp two months ago, not just because it was easy on his pockets. “Maiduguri girls have no time for their suitors during courtship and they tend to be full of themselves. It is either she is busy at home or attending to her parents. I need enough time with the girl I want to marry so that I can understand her very well. The single girls in the IDP camps give time and attention. Some of them are even more beautiful and intelligent than the so-called city girls,” he said
Bros, your excuse name wa. When did a girl attending to her oarents /chores at home become a bad thing? If the girl was never available as you put it, where did you meet her to toast her and start dating to the extent you decided to marry her? It did not occur to you that the IDPs have more time because they do not have a home to care for?

Kyari Modu, a civil servant, said he has witnessed the marriages of seven of his friends to IDPs in various camps in Maiduguri so far, but is yet to marry one. “Only two of the seven men paid a dowry of N10,000 each. All others paid N5,000 each and they are all living in peace. It’s love that matters.”
So it is even #5k? Oju Ogun le... It is true that it is love that matters sha

Maryam Isa Bulama is an IDP and she told Daily Trust that a date has been fixed for her wedding and does not care if her husband-to-be left any city girl for her. She said: “It is not right - and downright cruel - for anyone to say that IDPs are rustic or illiterates. I am a graduate of Sociology and there are girls here with Masters degrees. We are victims of insurgency, and it could happen to anyone. Going by the UN definition of a city, Maiduguri is not even qualified to be one, even if it is bigger than Bama where I come from.” She added that women are not for sale, “Whatever circumstance they may find themselves.”
You don't care your man left a city girl for you. Let's hope he doesn't leave you for someone else in future. I agree it is quite cruel and myopic to call you rustic and illiterates. @women not for sale; are you sure the girls where you are from are not also like these Maiduguri girls? If Fatima was an IDP in Go be, she might also be saying women are not for sale

I hope you and all IDPs find light in these dark moments. If it is marriage to the single and uncommitted indigene men, so be it.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/why-grooms-are-rushing-for-idp-brides/111479.html

1 Like

Re: Men Abandon City Girls, Rush For IDP Singles In Maiduguri- Daily Trust by Nobody: 6:26pm On Sep 19, 2015
superior1:
And Papa ChiChi dey ask of 1m brideprice , money wey go fetch me 200 IDP girls, chai!, where Maduguri motor?!!!
when bomb jam you n complain ooo... grin
Re: Men Abandon City Girls, Rush For IDP Singles In Maiduguri- Daily Trust by ItsMeAboki(m): 6:27pm On Sep 19, 2015
DashMeYansh:
Religion of P**s.

Your moronic bigotry speaks for itself; fortunately you are so far the only dumbass coming up with such imbecilic ignorant views on this thread - shame on you.

1 Like

Re: Men Abandon City Girls, Rush For IDP Singles In Maiduguri- Daily Trust by skondo09(m): 6:30pm On Sep 19, 2015
Nigerians seeking advantages in every disadvantage
Re: Men Abandon City Girls, Rush For IDP Singles In Maiduguri- Daily Trust by Nobody: 6:35pm On Sep 19, 2015
*lights up his weed...n one deep drag is done* now, this is the science of searching for a gold in the desert dust...
Re: Men Abandon City Girls, Rush For IDP Singles In Maiduguri- Daily Trust by InvertedHammer: 6:38pm On Sep 19, 2015
/
I thought they say that it is only 24 strokes of koboko to marry an Hausa girl.

N1million bridge price? Unbefuckinglievable!

/
Re: Men Abandon City Girls, Rush For IDP Singles In Maiduguri- Daily Trust by Nobody: 6:39pm On Sep 19, 2015
DashMeYansh:
Religion of P**s.

Dear retąrd,

What do you know about "the religion"

Oponu

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Family House / Woman Dumps Her Baby In A Gutter In Agege Area Of Lagos. Photos / My Wife Had A Son For Another Man, What Should I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.