Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,717 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:51 PM

Period Twice In A Month - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Period Twice In A Month (20023 Views)

Is It Possible For A Girl To See Her Period Twice In A Month? / Woman Gives Birth Twice In 9 Months / Causes Of Seeing Menstrual Period Twice A Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Period Twice In A Month by sweetcoint(f): 10:41am On Apr 13, 2009
i have had my period twice in one month and i am worried am 19yrs old pls someone should help me cry sad[/color][color=#990000][color=#990000]
Re: Period Twice In A Month by janey815: 7:48pm On Apr 13, 2009
go see the doctor
Re: Period Twice In A Month by Sissy3(f): 9:46am On May 01, 2009
The most common reason for bleeding twice in one calendar month occurs when a normal period begins on the first or second day of the month, and then another arrives at the very end; because the normal cycle length (from the first day of one to the first day of the next) ranges from 23 to 35 days, this can allow two perfectly normal periods to arrive in the same calendar month. Most of the time, however, when women talk about having two periods in a month, they are not referring to this circumstance. Often they mean they are starting a period every two weeks or so -- certainly less than the 23-day interval that is considered within the normal range.

Anything that can disrupt the delicate hormonal dance that produces ovulation can lead to either skipped periods or periods that come too often. Hormonal imbalance as a cause of frequent periods is often seen as a woman nears menopause. Thyroid dysfunction may also be a factor.

Another reasons for twice-a-month periods is abnormal thickening of the uterine lining. This thickening can be due to hormonal imbalance or to taking estrogen without a progesterone medication as well; estrogen causes the uterine lining to proliferate and become thick and lush, while progesterone thins out the lining; a balance between these two hormones is necessary to ensure regular, moderate periods.

Polyps (projections of tissue that protrude into the uterine cavity) or fibroids that impinge on the uterine cavity may also cause irregular periods. In this case, the uterine lining tissue that overlies these projections is less stable, increasing the chance that it will be shed at an inappropriate time. Also, fibroids and polyps increase the surface area of the uterine lining, often leading to prolonged and heavier bleeding.

If your periods are coming less than 23 days apart (counted from the beginning of one to the beginning of the next), then you should see your gynecologist. A biopsy may be necessary to rule out an abnormal thickening of the uterine lining. Blood tests may be done to assess hormone levels. Most of the time the reason for frequent bleeding is benign, but occasionally the problem can be more serious; for this reason, and because excess bleeding can lead to anemia, too-frequent periods must be investigated.

See a doctor if this bothers you too much just to make sure everything is right down there

2 Likes

Re: Period Twice In A Month by Fiona0007: 3:46pm On May 08, 2009
@poster
This is a common symptom, and usually nothing serious. It may be related to your hormonal levels in your body and you are only 19, so maybe your body is still adjusting it. If it happens again, ask your doctor. sometimes hormonal tablets help, e.g.taking contraceptive tablets for a few months help adjust your hormonal cycles and become regular again. No worry.
Re: Period Twice In A Month by sanix90: 2:53pm On May 31, 2011
i had my last normal monthly period last may 3rd and it lasted for only 2 heavy days. the following days were light bleeding only. then during that i start having unprotected sex with my bf. to my surprise after two weeks, i bleed again. this time heavier and its like my normal period becauce it last for 3-4 days. am i pregnant? am i having implantation bleeding?
Re: Period Twice In A Month by blackgal: 10:57pm On Nov 27, 2013
My period wend of on the 4 and is back onon the 27 my tubes are tie and i had a c-section with my last baby is something wrong cry
Re: Period Twice In A Month by kava313: 10:42am On Oct 20, 2014
i am 22years old and unmarried. i had sex with my boyfriend on October 1...
i usually have 27-29 days circle...and my periods was due on october 1...
but i did not get it then instead i got it on october 6.

i usually get to have a drop of blood, just like a thin strand along with white discharge. i got the same on october 3rd.but my periods did not start the next day. it was followed by the same kind of white discharge for the next 3 days.
i did a pregnency test but the result was negative.e bleeding just like my periods.

the very next day oct 6, i got my periods....the blood flow seemed to b normal. it lasted for 6 days. i had sex on the very next day.i took I-Pill 72 after sex. i took the pill for the 1st time. i felt too tired, sleepy and also nauseous.it lasted for 2 days.

we then made love yesterday morning.i found blood on my panties yesterday evening, but it did not last long. now today i have bleeding just like my periods.

may i know the possible reasons for this.
is it normal to have periods twice a month... that too wit 15 days gap.
are there chances of me getting pregnant.
the climate here was too hot previously but since last 3 days its raining here heavily. can the climate bring such an affect?
i even had had lot of papaya, pine apple and a sweet made of sesame seeds last week as i dint have much bleeding..but i stopped it once my bleeding got normal

i still had papaya and pine apple juice and also the sweet made up of sesame seeds after my periods.

can someone please let me know the possible causes

(1) (Reply)

Roles Of Onion In Men Infertility / Nigerian Man Who Was Abandoned After Accident In Vietnam Undergoes Surgery. PICS / 33-Year-Old Coronavirus Patient Gives Birth At Gbagada COVID-19 Care Centre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.