Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,042 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

I’m Shocked, Says Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki...... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Shocked, Says Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki...... (3112 Views)

Declare Dr. Bukola Saraki And Ekweremadu President And Vice President Now! / National grazing bill has expired, says senate / Buhari’s Budget Fails Integrity Test, Says Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Shocked, Says Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki...... by huthority01(m): 6:54pm On Sep 19, 2015
The Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki, yesterday expressed dismay at the Code of Conduct Tribunal’s order for his arrest.
He also alleged persecution by those he said were using state institutions to fight their political opponents and seeking to achieve through the back door what they cannot get through democratic process.
In a statement released in Abuja, Saraki said his dismay stemmed from the fact that the tribunal disregarded an earlier order by the Federal High Court in Abuja suspending hearing in the case till Monday.
He said it was also a surprise that in spite of Saraki’s personality and an application by his lead counsel that he would produce him on Monday, the Tribunal insisted on issuing a warrant of arrest as if it was out to embarrass the Senate President.
The statement, which was signed by Senator Saraki’s Special Adviser (Media and Publicity), Yusuph Olaniyonu, reads: “Following the development in the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT) today, Friday, September 18, 2015 when the Tribunal chose to ignore the subsisting order of a Federal High Court by sitting, we hereby state our position as follows:
“While the Senate President, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki, has stated and maintains that he is ready to submit himself to due process of the law on any issue concerning him, he also believes he has an inalienable right to resort to the same judiciary for protection when he feels his fundamental rights are about to be infringed upon.
“It is for this reason that Dr. Saraki, having satisfied himself that the case filed by the CCB and the manner in which the case was filed show that he will not be given justice, resorted to the Federal High Court for the determination of the issues of competence of the prosecutor as well as compliance with the procedure stipulated in the Code of Conduct Bureau and Tribunal Act.
“The Federal High Court on Thursday, September 17, 2015, therefore ordered that all parties in the case should appear before it on Monday, September 21, 2015. The implication of this ruling by a Court of competent jurisdiction is that the sitting today has been overtaken by event. It is for this reason that Dr. Saraki chose to go about his normal official schedule.
“Today at the Tribunal, Counsel to the Senate President, Mr. M. A. Mahmud (SAN), raised a motion stating that there is a pending constitutional matter before the Federal High Court to be decided on Monday and that the Tribunal should hold the trial until the constitutional matter is disposed of.
“We are however dismayed that the Tribunal chose to disregard the order of the Federal High Court and the motion to suspend hearing till Monday when all parties are expected to argue their positions on the constitutional matter.
“It is also a surprise to us that despite the application by the lead counsel to the Senate President that he will produce Dr. Saraki on Monday and the personality of the person involved as the number three man in the country, the Tribunal insisted on issuing a warrant of arrest as if its intention is simply to embarrass Dr. Saraki.
“We are not unmindful of the fact that the Tribunal is acting under political influence and external pressure. This is dangerous to our democracy.
“The conduct of the Tribunal today left nobody in doubt that it cannot do justice on the matter before it.
“It is also clear that today’s decision is an abuse of the rule of law which portends danger to our judicial system.
“The Tribunal has equally set a bad precedent in the way and manner it conducted itself during the proceedings.
“We want to emphasise the fact that this is not part of any war against corruption but using state institutions to fight political opponents and seeking to achieve through the back door what some people cannot get through democratic process.
“We need to caution here that in a desperate bid to settle political scores and nail imaginary enemies, we should not destroy our democratic institutions and heat the polity for selfish reasons.
“Let us all learn from history.”
, yesterday expressed dismay at the Code of Conduct Tribunal’s order for his arrest.
He also alleged persecution by those he said were using state institutions to fight their political opponents and seeking to achieve through the back door what they cannot get through democratic process.
In a statement released in Abuja, Saraki said his dismay stemmed from the fact that the tribunal disregarded an earlier order by the Federal High Court in Abuja suspending hearing in the case till Monday.
He said it was also a surprise that in spite of Saraki’s personality and an application by his lead counsel that he would produce him on Monday, the Tribunal insisted on issuing a warrant of arrest as if it was out to embarrass the Senate President.
The statement, which was signed by Senator Saraki’s Special Adviser (Media and Publicity), Yusuph Olaniyonu, reads: “Following the development in the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT) today, Friday, September 18, 2015 when the Tribunal chose to ignore the subsisting order of a Federal High Court by sitting, we hereby state our position as follows:
“While the Senate President, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki, has stated and maintains that he is ready to submit himself to due process of the law on any issue concerning him, he also believes he has an inalienable right to resort to the same judiciary for protection when he feels his fundamental rights are about to be infringed upon.
“It is for this reason that Dr. Saraki, having satisfied himself that the case filed by the CCB and the manner in which the case was filed show that he will not be given justice, resorted to the Federal High Court for the determination of the issues of competence of the prosecutor as well as compliance with the procedure stipulated in the Code of Conduct Bureau and Tribunal Act.
“The Federal High Court on Thursday, September 17, 2015, therefore ordered that all parties in the case should appear before it on Monday, September 21, 2015. The implication of this ruling by a Court of competent jurisdiction is that the sitting today has been overtaken by event. It is for this reason that Dr. Saraki chose to go about his normal official schedule.
“Today at the Tribunal, Counsel to the Senate President, Mr. M. A. Mahmud (SAN), raised a motion stating that there is a pending constitutional matter before the Federal High Court to be decided on Monday and that the Tribunal should hold the trial until the constitutional matter is disposed of.
“We are however dismayed that the Tribunal chose to disregard the order of the Federal High Court and the motion to suspend hearing till Monday when all parties are expected to argue their positions on the constitutional matter.
“It is also a surprise to us that despite the application by the lead counsel to the Senate President that he will produce Dr. Saraki on Monday and the personality of the person involved as the number three man in the country, the Tribunal insisted on issuing a warrant of arrest as if its intention is simply to embarrass Dr. Saraki.
“We are not unmindful of the fact that the Tribunal is acting under political influence and external pressure. This is dangerous to our democracy.
“The conduct of the Tribunal today left nobody in doubt that it cannot do justice on the matter before it.
“It is also clear that today’s decision is an abuse of the rule of law which portends danger to our judicial system.
“The Tribunal has equally set a bad precedent in the way and manner it conducted itself during the proceedings.
“We want to emphasise the fact that this is not part of any war against corruption but using state institutions to fight political opponents and seeking to achieve through the back door what some people cannot get through democratic process.
“We need to caution here that in a desperate bid to settle political scores and nail imaginary enemies, we should not destroy our democratic institutions and heat the polity for selfish reasons.
“Let us all learn from history.”

1 Like

Re: I’m Shocked, Says Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki...... by Ola17: 6:56pm On Sep 19, 2015
Source?
Re: I’m Shocked, Says Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki...... by Moheat(m): 6:57pm On Sep 19, 2015
You asked for change, now you got it.
Re: I’m Shocked, Says Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki...... by sammyj: 6:58pm On Sep 19, 2015
Ok
Re: I’m Shocked, Says Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki...... by Nobody: 7:01pm On Sep 19, 2015
I foresee this guy wearing prison clothes in the not too distant future. his sins are just too much and his hunters are way too powerful.

9 Likes

Re: I’m Shocked, Says Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki...... by donphilopus: 7:02pm On Sep 19, 2015
Na light go dey shock you 'when' you're finally imprisoned.

4 Likes

Re: I’m Shocked, Says Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki...... by superstar1(m): 7:04pm On Sep 19, 2015
Why is he shocked?

When he was fleecing Kwara state's commonwealth, he was not shocked and no one was persecuting him then?

When he was turning Kwara state assets to his own, there was no persecution then, neither was he shocked.

When he was filling the asset declaration form with his own pen and hand, including assets he will acquire during his tenure as the governor of Kwara state, he was not being persecuted then, nor shocked.

When you were looting Societe Generale, some people's last savings, there was no persecution then?

Bros Abeg Abeg Abeg just respect yourself on Monday and show up in the court, if you love yourself. 10,000 Samuel cannot run away from God.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Shocked, Says Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki...... by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:07pm On Sep 19, 2015
Saraki sins has found him out. Whether witch hunt or wizard hunt that's his problem. He should reserve the story for the judge. grin

4 Likes

Re: I’m Shocked, Says Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki...... by Caseless: 7:08pm On Sep 19, 2015
Get ready for more shocks or get your shock-absorber ready.

It's over!
Re: I’m Shocked, Says Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki...... by bigerboy200: 7:10pm On Sep 19, 2015
shocked?? He brought this upon himself...he thot he was a lord unto himelf....tho i see him surviving this banana peel but he has really tainted that office of d senate president...No one will respect an arm of Govt that has no respect 4d laws of d land...any probe panel d senate sets up in d future will be show of mockery...welcome to Nigeria where lawmakers are d biggest law breakers yet they want d masses 2b law abiding...rubbish.

1 Like

Re: I’m Shocked, Says Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki...... by hakanai(m): 7:11pm On Sep 19, 2015
Why go to federal court of appeal if the issue is you submitted a document that had questionable information. Again the same CCB you complain about has being in existence and you did comply to its requirement.They asked you to come and answer your name you are running from post to post. Will it be a crime if you show up and answer the questions before you,then proceed to act if the out come or the tribunal queries is unfair.
They CCB have openly accused you of breaking the law with your own filling of a document. Just show up and clear the air what is your reason for giving CCB erroneous details and opening a foreign account. Saraki how hard is that ? That you need a court of appeal and SAN to answer if not to make matters worse. You are already ascribing your woes to political opponents! That is how you heat up the polity. Not the other way round.CCB is a government entity not some political party jor!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’m Shocked, Says Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki...... by uchedydy: 7:39pm On Sep 19, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Saraki sins has found him out. Whether witch hunt or wizard hunt that's his problem. He should reserve the story for the judge. grin
I tot u usually write long epistles, come and write an, abi u con tire?
So sorry I forgot, u said u have left nairaland. Mtchwwee.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Shocked, Says Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki...... by kelljuili(m): 8:39pm On Sep 19, 2015
Even if he is found quilty,i dont see him going to prison.take it or leave it
donphilopus:
Na light go dey shock you 'when' you're finally imprisoned.
Re: I’m Shocked, Says Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki...... by hinwazaka: 9:20pm On Sep 19, 2015
Ioannes:
I foresee this guy wearing prison clothes in the not too distant future. his sins are just too much and his hunters are way too powerful.
If the President, TINUBU, Lawan and DANLADI USMAN know that they are the true fathers of their children, let them do their worst on Monday. They will see RED.

2 Likes

Re: I’m Shocked, Says Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki...... by sunkoye: 9:27pm On Sep 19, 2015
By the time Karma is tru with u....u will prefer ELECTRIC SHOCK. cool

1 Like

Re: I’m Shocked, Says Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki...... by BossTtdiamonds(m): 9:31pm On Sep 19, 2015
Prison Loading................................ 56%

1 Like

Re: I’m Shocked, Says Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki...... by BlackrulesDworld(m): 9:53pm On Sep 19, 2015
You never see anything. By the time booari and em crew are through with you, you will never be over ambitious again in y'life.

1 Like

Re: I’m Shocked, Says Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki...... by Nobody: 10:18pm On Sep 19, 2015
hinwazaka:

If the President, TINUBU, Lawan and DANLADI USMAN know that they are the true fathers of their children, let them do their worst on Monday. They will see RED.
Lol. you are funny. you really should try your hand on stand-up comedy. believe me, you will spend less time trolling the internet after a year.
if they don't see RED maybe they will see purple. just saying...

1 Like

Re: I’m Shocked, Says Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki...... by likila: 10:43pm On Sep 19, 2015
hinwazaka:

do not worry.
i hear that danladi umar read his law in sudan.
he does not know Nigeria Constitution.
We will flog him fifty on Monday.
what a disgrace.
Re: I’m Shocked, Says Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki...... by justurch(m): 10:55pm On Sep 19, 2015
Saraki will still escape this one. APC should just forget this issue and do what they were sent there to do.
Re: I’m Shocked, Says Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki...... by Nobody: 10:59pm On Sep 19, 2015
BossTtdiamonds:
Prison Loading................................ 56%

cheesy cheesy cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: I’m Shocked, Says Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki...... by citizenY(m): 10:59pm On Sep 19, 2015
Things will never be the sane in this 8Th Senate. This nauseating display of primitive aquisition by Saraki cannot just be explained. I want to know the legal commercial entities that generated this amount of resources. Dangote we know, Ibeto we know, Zenithbank , etc etc... what is Saraki selling?

We no see him poo for ground.

This guy should be quietly relieved of this position or we become a joke in the comity of nations.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’m Shocked, Says Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki...... by wx9Z: 11:12pm On Sep 19, 2015
Electric Shock
Re: I’m Shocked, Says Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki...... by iamrealdeji(m): 1:35am On Sep 20, 2015
Saraki is just too powerful not to elude this ,he has a lot of money to spend and no single politician in Nigeria is as fetish as Saraki,jazz too much. Everything will turn around to his favor before you know it

(1) (Reply)

To Yorubas On Nairaland / Meaning Of NAIRA (nigerian Currency) / Thousands Of Fake Voters From South West And North Arrives Bayelsa For Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.