Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,210 members, 7,815,223 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

Awolowo Is Nigeria’s Best Politician Ever - Pete Edochie - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awolowo Is Nigeria’s Best Politician Ever - Pete Edochie (1059 Views)

Pete Edochie & Obiano At The Commissioning Of Stanel World In Awka (Photos) / Tinubu Is The Best Politician In The History Of Nigeria Leave It Or Take It / Pete Edochie Rates Awolowo Nigeria's Best Politician Ever. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Awolowo Is Nigeria’s Best Politician Ever - Pete Edochie by ketekete: 7:38pm On Sep 19, 2015
In an exclusive Interview by Benjamin Njoku back in June 27th for Vanguard News Paper, Pete Edochie said Late Awolowo is the best Nigerian Politician EVER!. Do you agree with him? http:///QeKijC

Some entertainers are going into politics, are you planning to do so in future?

I don’t like politics. Politicians don’t speak the truth. Regrettably, there is no morality in politics. It doesn’t justify it. I want people to see me for who I am. If Pete Edochie says this thing is black, it’s black, there are no two ways to it. In the next ten years, he still tells you this is black. It gives me honour, it gives me integrity. But if tomorrow, I join politics and make a statement, people will begin to analyse it.

Whereas, in the movie industry today, I am the most respected actor. All the people who are part of the movies I feature in, respect me as their father. And it gives me a lot of honour and satisfaction because I see all of them as members of my family. So, I don’t like politics. Recently, a new administration came on board in Nigeria. A lot of people have been asking me about my expectations from the new government. And my answer is very simple, ‘Nothing.’

Buhari may stand out as an incorruptible creature. But what about the people under his administration? If Nigeria can be tinkered and rebuilt after Buhari’s image, we will have a wonderful country. But when you are so stuck in-graft, so stuck in corruption, it’s not always easy to get rid of these vices in a single day. I was following the progress of the now ruling party, APC, and I told a couple of my friends that this party has no ideology.

I kept wanting to hear from them, this is what we shall do and this is how we shall do it. I didn’t see or hear anything like that. The best politician this country has ever produced is Obafemi Awolowo. He may have been parochial but I love Awolowo for one thing. He would tell you I’m going to build this house, and this is what it will cost me to carry out the project. This is how I am going to raise the fund, and he went ahead and achieved it. No other politician has been able to beat the record in Nigeria.

Learn More: http://ketekete.com/?s=awolowo

Re: Awolowo Is Nigeria’s Best Politician Ever - Pete Edochie by benedictnsi(m): 7:39pm On Sep 19, 2015
Lol..... Nice Observatory statement
Re: Awolowo Is Nigeria’s Best Politician Ever - Pete Edochie by doublewisdom: 7:40pm On Sep 19, 2015
Just like he's the best president Nigeria never had? Read in between the lines and get the message jare.

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo Is Nigeria’s Best Politician Ever - Pete Edochie by jmichlins(m): 7:44pm On Sep 19, 2015
omo yoruba.... is this to tell we igbos that our own bro regards your bro as the best? in mtn voice "please try again later" but in one united nigeria i stand for. say no to tribalism
Re: Awolowo Is Nigeria’s Best Politician Ever - Pete Edochie by yang(m): 8:28pm On Sep 19, 2015
Lies from the pit of hell

Believe these sophisticated Islamists at your own peril
Re: Awolowo Is Nigeria’s Best Politician Ever - Pete Edochie by hinwazaka: 8:33pm On Sep 19, 2015
GOD FORBID. Awolowo was nothing but a useless, selfish, egotistic, buffoon. He can have his crown as the KING OF SW FOOLS. I hope wherever he is, the holy ghost is making sure he suffers for all his crimes. May St. Michaels, our lady of perpetual faith, all the archangels, our lord Jesus Christ and our GOD make sure that the likes of him, TINUBU, MKO and every other idiosyncratic AWOIST never rule this nation.
Re: Awolowo Is Nigeria’s Best Politician Ever - Pete Edochie by ArodewilliamsT: 8:37pm On Sep 19, 2015
hehehe! yorrobas scavenging for Igbo endorsement.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Is Nigeria’s Best Politician Ever - Pete Edochie by datola: 9:05pm On Sep 19, 2015
This one that a core igbo man is endorsing the greatest brain of the African continent. Odia Ofeimu, one of the continent's writer once said Awolowo was greater than Mandela.

Let the unity song be heard by all!

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Is Nigeria’s Best Politician Ever - Pete Edochie by jerrywool: 10:10pm On Sep 19, 2015
[size=28pt]Trash[/size]

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Softens Stance On TSA, Grants NNPC, PHCN, 11 Others Exemption / Potential Danger!! Transformer Submerged In Rain Water In PH (Photos) / Journalist Threatened For Reporting Gang Rape Of Male Students In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.