Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,538 members, 7,823,351 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

You Are Spiritually Matured If You Have "Perfect" Control Over These Things - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Are Spiritually Matured If You Have "Perfect" Control Over These Things (55682 Views)

This Generation Shall Not PASS, Till All These Things Be Fulfilled. / OPC Members Fortify Themselves And Their Weapons Spiritually In Lagos. Photos / Ten Reasons Many Christian Worship Leaders Are Spiritually Bankrupt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Are Spiritually Matured If You Have "Perfect" Control Over These Things by Nobody: 8:15am On Sep 20, 2015
The phrase "Spiritual maturity" seems to many Christains a non-attainable feat while many have been doctrinated to believe "Spiritual maturity" can only be attained by the G.O's and "they"are mean't to be Spiritual reta'rds like the Galatians. Be it as it may,whatever it is,is totally unscriptural; a siege made to limit your full usage of your right as a Christain (A disciple of Christ).Spiritual maturity is attainable and you can grow into it in few days. But first we must understand what Spiritual maturity means.

Contrary to what we have in the churches, Spiritual maturity is not a 'journey' requiring scores of years but a journey requiring simple 'Faith' in Christ. Spiritual maturity is a long maintained state of Spirit supremacy over all things that makes you "you." In saying what makes you,you I mean things that makes you a Spiritual reta'rd.

And If you are have "perfect" control over the areas listed below then you are Spiritually matured by the Standard of Christ irrespective of what your church teaches.

1. Anger: Anger brought down the great prophet Moses and caused him to be the one of the many who sees with their eyes but taste not with their mouth.Anger is a great hindrance to your growth into Spiritual maturity. To become a Spiritual giant in the Spiritual realm you need to subject anger. Remember no one heard a word of anger in his mouth.

2. Flesh: Talk about the fall of Samson flesh caused it in form of lust. The flesh is not the only hinderance as believed but one of the many hindrances to Spiritual maturity, quick and deadly.You must subject your flesh in all it's form.

3. Appetite: "How art the mighty fallen." Esau lost his birthright to appetite. The right to give birth to the natiom of Israel: for God has promised Isaac "To your seed" and Esau was the fist born; rightful heir but he lost it. Your appetite might hinder you from growing into Spiritual maturity.

4. Tongue: What brought plague upon the Israelites? Tongue.What brought leprosy on Miriam? Tongue. Need I to say anything more on Tongue? You have to subject and control

5. Jealousy: An inbuilt trait present in every single individual. Bad when supreme good when subjected.Spiritual maturity requires you to control your innate jealousy.

6. Feelings And Emotions: Seems a major problem among Christain youths.But if you don't control your feelings and emotions your feelings and emotions will control you and when it does you can never attain Spiritual maturity.

7. Thoughts And Imagination: When you have such a past like I had, thoughts and imagination becomes a great hindrance to your Spiritual growth into maturity.Notwithstanding, you have to have control over them and that is why there is number eight.

8. Heart: "Out of the heart comes......." The Bible admonish us to guard our heart. The ability to gaurd your heart is Spiritual maturity. What comes in and goes out,who comes in and goes out must always be under your control.

Seems hard,didn't it? But not when the Holy Spirit is involved. Remember by strength shall no man prevail even to say,you don't have power over your inner though you may do to some extent over your outer and these problems are inner. Not by power, nor by might but by my Spirit says the Lord.Remember, what the heart can conceive a man can achieve. Trust the Spirit and see if all these altogether will not be evident in your life.

152 Likes 24 Shares

Re: You Are Spiritually Matured If You Have "Perfect" Control Over These Things by ggirl4real: 8:19am On Sep 20, 2015
We live in the world so one is likely to falter in one way or the other. God shall continue to give us the grace to stand.

The issue is that nowadays, "Christians" give excuses why they should indulge in sin. "Afterall, we are saved by grace". God help us...

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Are Spiritually Matured If You Have "Perfect" Control Over These Things by AWONEYAN(m): 8:19am On Sep 20, 2015
Agreed!
If you claim to be religious but don’t control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless. Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you.
James 1:26-27 NLT
http://bible.com/116/jas.1.26-27.NLT

Christianity is living the life of Christ on earth (life that emanated from the power of HIM that raised Christ from the dead/grave)and having the hope of being with Him in eternity

And when he had found him, he brought him to Antioch. So it was that for a whole year they assembled with the church and taught a great many people. And the disciples were first called Christians in Antioch.
Acts 11:26 NKJV
http://bible.com/114/act.11.26.NKJV
Christianity is the way of life of disciples of CHRIST

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Are Spiritually Matured If You Have "Perfect" Control Over These Things by Nobody: 8:23am On Sep 20, 2015
ggirl4real:
We live in the world so one is likely to falter in one way or the other. God shall continue to give us the grace to stand.

The issue is that nowadays, "Christians" give excuses why they should indulge in sin. "Afterall, we are saved by grace". God help us...
Amen.
Re: You Are Spiritually Matured If You Have "Perfect" Control Over These Things by Nobody: 8:24am On Sep 20, 2015
AWONEYAN:
Agreed!
If you claim to be religious but don’t control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless. Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you.
James 1:26-27 NLT
http://bible.com/116/jas.1.26-27.NLT

Christianity is living the life of Christ on earth (life that emanated from the power of HIM that raised Christ from the dead/grave)and having the hope of being with Him in eternity

Thank you for this bro.

5 Likes

Re: You Are Spiritually Matured If You Have "Perfect" Control Over These Things by Nobody: 8:33am On Sep 20, 2015
MOD FP na

1 Like

Re: You Are Spiritually Matured If You Have "Perfect" Control Over These Things by Nobody: 9:00am On Sep 20, 2015
starlingslimnet:
MOD FP na
When you say 'FP', I wanna believe you mean 'Friedplantain' , right? cheesy

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Are Spiritually Matured If You Have "Perfect" Control Over These Things by Bsc(m): 9:01am On Sep 20, 2015
I gat it all.
Re: You Are Spiritually Matured If You Have "Perfect" Control Over These Things by Dottore: 9:01am On Sep 20, 2015
Hmmm
Re: You Are Spiritually Matured If You Have "Perfect" Control Over These Things by holluwai(m): 9:01am On Sep 20, 2015
God help me, I'd like to have 100% control over all these and ever more.

4 Likes

Re: You Are Spiritually Matured If You Have "Perfect" Control Over These Things by Omotayor123(f): 9:01am On Sep 20, 2015
True...
Re: You Are Spiritually Matured If You Have "Perfect" Control Over These Things by okooloyun1(m): 9:02am On Sep 20, 2015
Ok
Re: You Are Spiritually Matured If You Have "Perfect" Control Over These Things by Nobody: 9:03am On Sep 20, 2015
ur not human if u have control over every single one of them grin

10 Likes

Re: You Are Spiritually Matured If You Have "Perfect" Control Over These Things by chezholy(m): 9:04am On Sep 20, 2015
well said. God bless you OP.

3 Likes

Re: You Are Spiritually Matured If You Have "Perfect" Control Over These Things by Demmocrats(m): 9:05am On Sep 20, 2015
Op i seriously disagree with you

Anger has its own advantages in things of God even the almighty at some point showed Roth/anger

A true Christian is filled with the holy spirit so all those things you mentioned are suppressed by the holy spirit. Those things are mark of church goers not a true Christian filled with the holy spirit and directed by God.

2 Likes

Re: You Are Spiritually Matured If You Have "Perfect" Control Over These Things by Samelfisha(m): 9:05am On Sep 20, 2015
So am spiritualy mature.....

1 Like

Re: You Are Spiritually Matured If You Have "Perfect" Control Over These Things by Pavore9: 9:06am On Sep 20, 2015
The Lord is our strength.

3 Likes

Re: You Are Spiritually Matured If You Have "Perfect" Control Over These Things by petux(m): 9:07am On Sep 20, 2015
na DAT number 2 b mah prob oo....#Lust...I jus don know how..d more am dermtermined to stop...d note I fall in lust
Re: You Are Spiritually Matured If You Have "Perfect" Control Over These Things by Nobody: 9:07am On Sep 20, 2015
FriedPlantain:
When you say 'FP', I wanna believe you mean 'Friedplantain' , right? cheesy
Baba una too dey para jhor..
How is ur Sunday going
Re: You Are Spiritually Matured If You Have "Perfect" Control Over These Things by Jamean(f): 9:07am On Sep 20, 2015
This is nice.

It's only sad that most believers don't know how much grace they have to live above these things. Many vices can still be found amongst so called believers because they live under the cloak of religion.

People preach church and ignore the Bible which is the standard. Their attitude away from any religious setting is appalling.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Are Spiritually Matured If You Have "Perfect" Control Over These Things by NifemiOlu(m): 9:08am On Sep 20, 2015
Anger. Very dicey though.
God himself gets angry (at iniquities). Iniquity angers God so does things anger men. Since we're created in God's image, I think we are right to get angry but we're being warned that in our anger, do not sin. (Ephesians 4:26). If your anger leads to sin, then there's a problem.

1 Like

Re: You Are Spiritually Matured If You Have "Perfect" Control Over These Things by greyce: 9:08am On Sep 20, 2015
Geez! I'm guilty of almost every1 of them.HELP ME LORD cry

6 Likes

Re: You Are Spiritually Matured If You Have "Perfect" Control Over These Things by drnoel: 9:08am On Sep 20, 2015
starlingslimnet:
The phrase "Spiritual maturity" seems to many Christains a non-attainable feat while many have been doctrinated to believe "Spiritual maturity" can only be attained by the G.O's and "they"are mean't to be Spiritual reta'rds like the Galatians. Be it as it may,whatever it is,is totally unscriptural; a siege made to limit your full usage of your right as a Christain (A disciple of Christ).Spiritual maturity is attainable and you can grow into it in few days. But first we must understand what Spiritual maturity means.

Contrary to what we have in the churches, Spiritual maturity is not a 'journey' requiring scores of years but a journey requiring simple 'Faith' in Christ. Spiritual maturity is a long maintained state of Spirit supremacy over all things that makes you "you." In saying what makes you,you I mean things that makes you a Spiritual reta'rd.

And If you are have "perfect" control over the areas listed below then you are Spiritually matured by the Standard of Christ irrespective of what your church teaches.

1. Anger: Anger brought down the great prophet Moses and caused him to be the one of the many who sees with their eyes but taste not with their mouth.Anger is a great hindrance to your growth into Spiritual maturity. To become a Spiritual giant in the Spiritual realm you need to subject anger. Remember no one heard a word of anger in his mouth.

2. Flesh: Talk about the fall of Samson flesh caused it in form of lust. The flesh is not the only hinderance as believed but one of the many hindrances to Spiritual maturity, quick and deadly.You must subject your flesh in all it's form.

3. Appetite: "How art the mighty fallen." Esau lost his birthright to appetite. The right to give birth to the natiom of Israel: for God has promised Isaac "To your seed" and Esau was the fist born; rightful heir but he lost it. Your appetite might hinder you from growing into Spiritual maturity.

4. Tongue: What brought plague upon the Israelites? Tongue.What brought leprosy on Miriam? Tongue. Need I to say anything more on Tongue? You have to subject and control

5. Jealousy: An inbuilt trait present in every single individual. Bad when supreme good when subjected.Spiritual maturity requires you to control your innate jealousy.

6. Feelings And Emotions: Seems a major problem among Christain youths.But if you don't control your feelings and emotions your feelings and emotions will control you and when it does you can never attain Spiritual maturity.

7. Thoughts And Imagination: When you have such a past like I had, thoughts and imagination becomes a great hindrance to your Spiritual growth into maturity.Notwithstanding, you have to have control over them and that is why there is number eight.

8. Heart: "Out of the heart comes......." The Bible admonish us to guard our heart. The ability to gaurd your heart is Spiritual maturity. What comes in and goes out,who comes in and goes out must always be under your control.

Seems hard,didn't it? But not when the Holy Spirit is involved. Remember by strength shall no man prevail even to say,you don't have power over your inner though you may do to some extent over your outer and these problems are inner. Not by power, nor by might but by my Spirit says the Lord.Remember, what the heart can conceive a man can achieve. Trust the Spirit and see if all these altogether will not be evident in your life.

If that is the case then I must be spiritually over mature although I rarely go to church. Still I think u mean to say those qualities are for disciplined people

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Are Spiritually Matured If You Have "Perfect" Control Over These Things by Nobody: 9:09am On Sep 20, 2015
petux:
na DAT number 2 b mah prob oo....#Lust...I jus don know how..d more am dermtermined to stop...d note I fall in lust
Nothing is difficult for Christ. If it's lust of eyes and flesh there is a key to it but first you must possess something.

2 Likes

Re: You Are Spiritually Matured If You Have "Perfect" Control Over These Things by Nobody: 9:09am On Sep 20, 2015
Samelfisha:
So am spiritualy mature.....
Yes, You are my brother
Re: You Are Spiritually Matured If You Have "Perfect" Control Over These Things by Adonispco: 9:10am On Sep 20, 2015
Absurdists dont believe in such thoughts! shocked
Re: You Are Spiritually Matured If You Have "Perfect" Control Over These Things by kay29000(m): 9:11am On Sep 20, 2015
I have everything under control except 2,6 and 7. If I control those, I would be a robot, and not human again, so I am not looking into controlling them.
Re: You Are Spiritually Matured If You Have "Perfect" Control Over These Things by siegfried99(m): 9:11am On Sep 20, 2015
Ok
Re: You Are Spiritually Matured If You Have "Perfect" Control Over These Things by Nobody: 9:12am On Sep 20, 2015
drnoel:

If that is the case then I must be spiritually over mature although I rarely go to church.
Going to Church is By the way thing.. these things are more important than going to church

2 Likes

Re: You Are Spiritually Matured If You Have "Perfect" Control Over These Things by joseph1832(m): 9:12am On Sep 20, 2015
I find this very funny, really all this listed here makes one human, so is it a crime to be human?.

3 Likes

Re: You Are Spiritually Matured If You Have "Perfect" Control Over These Things by Nobody: 9:12am On Sep 20, 2015
Principled person can nave control in all you listed without been spiritual

Disciplined man/woman will handle it better. Ok?

For me is more of discipline than spiritual

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pastor Ajanaku Ressurects & Relapses In To Coma / David Ibiyeomie Welcomed By Female Church Members In Uniform (Photos) / Ifeanyi Ubah Builds A Catholic Cathedral In Nnewi, Anambra (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.