Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,536 members, 7,819,918 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

CCT: Saraki Pays Social Media Users To Attack Buhari, Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CCT: Saraki Pays Social Media Users To Attack Buhari, Tinubu (1396 Views)

Seni Saraki Pays Homage To Emir Of Ilorin As His Father Watched / Buhari Health: DSS Plans Massive Clampdown On Social Media Users / Saraki Pays Surprise Visit To Akume (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CCT: Saraki Pays Social Media Users To Attack Buhari, Tinubu by CrossLegge: 7:16pm On Sep 20, 2015
As Nigerians await the appearance of the Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki, at the Code of Conduct Tribunal tomorrow, the battle to generate support for the embattled senator has moved online. In desperate moves to change the narrative and garner sympathy for their paymaster, aides of Sen. Saraki have over the weekend been making calls to select social media users, solicting for their support in exchange for huge amounts of money.

It has been gathered that because the senator perceives his situation is caused by President Buhari and the leadership of the APC, getting social media influencers on his side would buy him much needed sympathy. The approach adopted by his team is to call up politically-inclined online individuals and buy their loyalty with money. The callers would identify themselves as working for the senator and they go on to negotiate deals. Provided a deal is struck, the caller then emails the messages they want planted while bank account details are sent the other way.

At least two of the people contacted, who refused to be part of the campaign, say the primary targets are President Buhari, Bola Tinubu and the CCT. When asked how much was offered, one said negotiations began at N450,000. The other said he didn't allow discussions to get that far.

Sen. Saraki has been served a bench warrant to appear before the CCT tomorrow and is expected to answer to a 13 count charge of pejury. His refusal to personally appear on Friday has been criticized by legal luminaries. The refusal of the president to protect the senate president is being praised by all true supporters of his anti-corruption fight.

1 Like

Re: CCT: Saraki Pays Social Media Users To Attack Buhari, Tinubu by Panshow(m): 7:28pm On Sep 20, 2015
If Saraki escape this (Which I doubt) Then Buhari's anti corruption crusade is dead on arrival.
But I trust Baba, Saraki will surely be made to face the law.

3 Likes

Re: CCT: Saraki Pays Social Media Users To Attack Buhari, Tinubu by DIVINE78: 7:33pm On Sep 20, 2015
Saraki is a bonnet regardless of how much he spends to rubbish Buhari.
Re: CCT: Saraki Pays Social Media Users To Attack Buhari, Tinubu by DIVINE78: 7:35pm On Sep 20, 2015
Saraki is a gunner regardless of how much he spends to rubbish Buhari.
Re: CCT: Saraki Pays Social Media Users To Attack Buhari, Tinubu by sdindan: 7:39pm On Sep 20, 2015
Same way you guys did Jonathan.
Ntoooooor!
Re: CCT: Saraki Pays Social Media Users To Attack Buhari, Tinubu by superstar1(m): 7:40pm On Sep 20, 2015
Let him open the national vault and be doling our dollars like Jonathan, there can only be one outcome, ------ He Will Lose on Earth and in Heaven.
Re: CCT: Saraki Pays Social Media Users To Attack Buhari, Tinubu by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:51pm On Sep 20, 2015
I am not surprised at this news at all. We Àre in in period where people will decide their loyalty. Whether to the country's patriotic cause or to some never-do-well politicians. The moment we accept bribe to act against national interest is the moment we lose every of our credibility. I am an unapologetic PDP supporter/member but I have never collected a DIME to protect any interest. My position on issues is based on my conviction whether right or wrong. I belive those that accept any bribe are only wasting their time because Saraki must face prosecution whether he likes it or not. Should he be let off, then Buhari has confirmed that he is a pretentious man and a disaster of a leader. I don't care whether or not Tinubu or APC are after him politically, all I know is that the judge is in the best position to listen to such sermon.

Finally, this just confirmed our cry that the personalities that constitute APC are absolutely unfit for leadership.

Power to the people!
Re: CCT: Saraki Pays Social Media Users To Attack Buhari, Tinubu by spako4(m): 8:08pm On Sep 20, 2015
Let him try if he can buy the whole Nigeria
Re: CCT: Saraki Pays Social Media Users To Attack Buhari, Tinubu by erunz(m): 8:16pm On Sep 20, 2015
Wat is wrong with our media these days, from Saraki Bribe NANS and CSO to protest, now its saraki bribe Social Media Activists. Well if supporting saraki means I've been bribe. So be it because #istandbysaraki until DSS and EFCC arrest Amechi, Fashola, Aregbesola

1 Like

Re: CCT: Saraki Pays Social Media Users To Attack Buhari, Tinubu by Dcomrade(m): 8:32pm On Sep 20, 2015
erunz:
Wat is wrong with our media these days, from Saraki Bribe NANS and CSO to protest, now its saraki bribe Social Media Activists. Well if supporting saraki means I've been bribe. So be it because #istandbysaraki until DSS and EFCC arrest Amechi, Fashola, Aregbesola
Bro you go wait tire b dat ooo! grin

1 Like

Re: CCT: Saraki Pays Social Media Users To Attack Buhari, Tinubu by sammyj: 8:36pm On Sep 20, 2015
We all know how desperate and conny the light he can go to blackmail PMB out of his current predicament

(1) (Reply)

Foreign President of Nigeria Buhari Attend Burial Of Late Emir Of Borgu in kwara / Kogi: At Last, The Power Shifted. / Video: Zakzaky Had Exposed Impending Shia Massacre Scenario A Year Ago

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.