Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,210 members, 7,825,785 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

WELCOME TO AFRICA - 15 Funny Attributes That Suggest That You Might Be African - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / WELCOME TO AFRICA - 15 Funny Attributes That Suggest That You Might Be African (23069 Views)

What Do You Think It Means To Be African / Why Do White Americans Like Telling Black Americans To Go Back To Africa? / See Africa’s 15 Most Expensive Buildings Worth Millions Of Dollars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WELCOME TO AFRICA - 15 Funny Attributes That Suggest That You Might Be African by Nobody: 9:14pm On Sep 20, 2015
tourismlove:
Hi friends,
if after reading through this post, you find out you posses most of these qualities then you might be African or have African roots.Please enjoy reading

1. You don’t play with your food: Africans don’t play with their food; you could get beat up for touching the food of an African.

2. You have more than one mobile sim card: The average African has more than one mobile sim card, this is due to the crappy mobile network providers; the funny thing is that most usually have only one phone which might have slots for as much as 4 sim cards.

3. You don’t likewise play with your sleep: Never wake an African from his or her sleep, you just might end up in a coma.

4. You have a very loud voice: This is a gift from mother nature herself, the ability to shout without stress

5. You have Special Outfits that you wear for Christmas, New Year, and parties, to the church or mosque: Africans always love to look good irrespective of the occasion; we carefully select special clothes and hope nobody else wears it except when it had been agreed.

6. You always love to be noticed: Africans love to be the centre of attention even if it’s in our uncles burial

7. You are very respectful and desire to be equally respected: A word synonymous to Africa is respect. An African is trained to respect their elders or one in a position of authority even to a fault.

8. You get scared easily: Need I say more, it’s in our DNA. You want to have a successful prank, try it on an African.

9. You wish you had super powers: As funny as this may sound, we Africans believe in the supernatural and would love to posses such powers for ourselves.

10. You are very materialistic: The success of an African is measured by how much wealth he or she is able to amass for himself or herself

11. You like free things; as long as you don’t have to pay, its fine by you: From free food, to free wifi, to free ride; and African would never turn down this offer as long as it’s free.

12. You love your life: Safety is paramount in Africa; you don’t mind losing all your properties as long as you don’t lose your life. That’s why you rarely see an African on a roller coaster or close to water.

13. You easily identify with people you aren’t even close with: Africans are very friendly. We easily start up a conversation in a bus, train, cab or plane; even with someone you never met before

14. You believe any bad thing happening to you is as a result of external forces: Most Africans believe that aliens are hindering our success or a certain witch in their village is sitting on their destinies

15. You have a very funny accent: well English is not our mother tongue but we try

I LOVE AFRICA

http://knowaboutnigeria..com.ng/2015/09/welcome-to-africa-15-funny-attributes.html

did you just use your anus to write this stuff undecided

Have you seen how the Chinese speak undecided

1 Like

Re: WELCOME TO AFRICA - 15 Funny Attributes That Suggest That You Might Be African by Nobody: 9:14pm On Sep 20, 2015
Worst post ever. There's no human on earth who doesn't have at least one of the above listed attribute. And again, what's funny about those attribute undecided As for the accent, do you think all Americans have same accent?

1 Like

Re: WELCOME TO AFRICA - 15 Funny Attributes That Suggest That You Might Be African by DuBLINGreenb(m): 9:16pm On Sep 20, 2015
I knew I wasn't African
ich wusste, ich war nicht afrikanisch.

1 Like

Re: WELCOME TO AFRICA - 15 Funny Attributes That Suggest That You Might Be African by DuBLINGreenb(m): 9:19pm On Sep 20, 2015
sonofananimal:
did you just use your anus to write this stuff undecided

Have you seen how the Chinese speak undecided
The fok is wrong with you you just kicked us out the front page by quoting op.
and it's "...heard the Chinese speak" not"...seen the Chinese speak"
Re: WELCOME TO AFRICA - 15 Funny Attributes That Suggest That You Might Be African by FRANKOXY(m): 9:20pm On Sep 20, 2015
1.SUSPENDING EVERYTHING YOU ARE DOING TO LOOK AT WHITE MAN. 2. :oPENING MOUTH AND NOSE AS YOU GAWP AT A CAR YOU HAVEN'T SEEN BEFORE 3.NOT BITING YOUR FOOD WELL BEFORE SWALLOWING IT ESPECIALLY IN FASTFOOD JOINT BECAUSE YOU THINK YOU MAY LOOK LIKE MR IBU.
Re: WELCOME TO AFRICA - 15 Funny Attributes That Suggest That You Might Be African by 2termz(m): 9:25pm On Sep 20, 2015
wat da Bleep is dis sad
Re: WELCOME TO AFRICA - 15 Funny Attributes That Suggest That You Might Be African by Nobody: 9:25pm On Sep 20, 2015
DuBLINGreenb:

The fok is wrong with you you just kicked us out the front page by quoting op.
and it's "...heard the Chinese speak" not"...seen the Chinese speak"
did I LOOK like a fvking ENGLISH master undecided

Dude! I speak what I spoke.
Re: WELCOME TO AFRICA - 15 Funny Attributes That Suggest That You Might Be African by Coolboi05(m): 9:27pm On Sep 20, 2015
Op you really need to come over here...almost everything you mentioned happens here in france.. cheesy
Re: WELCOME TO AFRICA - 15 Funny Attributes That Suggest That You Might Be African by aspabay(m): 9:30pm On Sep 20, 2015
Rubbish
Re: WELCOME TO AFRICA - 15 Funny Attributes That Suggest That You Might Be African by Nobody: 9:32pm On Sep 20, 2015
damton:
what of . you have to pronounce words in twos. e.g slow slow. tay tay. etc. add yours.
fast fast, sharp sharp, kia kia, maza maza, now now, etc.
Re: WELCOME TO AFRICA - 15 Funny Attributes That Suggest That You Might Be African by montezz(f): 9:36pm On Sep 20, 2015
lol....the op is absolutely right. i still wish i had supernatural powers lyk patience ozokwor(in nollywood movies). guilty of all excpt no 4 and 15
Re: WELCOME TO AFRICA - 15 Funny Attributes That Suggest That You Might Be African by yinkuscious(m): 9:39pm On Sep 20, 2015
Africans also do appreciate... For all of u that got 1 like from me, pls appreciate it
Re: WELCOME TO AFRICA - 15 Funny Attributes That Suggest That You Might Be African by juman(m): 9:45pm On Sep 20, 2015
You are not right.

But one thing that is common about africa is having very bad "leaders".
Re: WELCOME TO AFRICA - 15 Funny Attributes That Suggest That You Might Be African by Achilies(m): 9:46pm On Sep 20, 2015
I was sitting in my car on a very long queue from the Mobil petrol station in Maryland. This queue was almost getting to Anthony bus stop (a stretch of almost 3 miles!) It was one of those days when fuel was scarce.

Suddenly, a guy ran past my car with a Jerry can in one hand shouting, "They have started o!" in Yoruba.

I quickly jumped out of my car, opened my booth, got my Jerry can and ran after him. He kept running towards Maryland.
When he got to the petrol station, he shouted again, "Won ti bere ooo!" This in Yoruba means, "They have started o!" He ran past the petrol station and headed towards Sheraton hotel.
Anyone who knows these places I'm mentioning will understand how quite afar they are.
I tried to run faster to catch up and ask the boy what have they started, but the boy ran faster.
I looked back and I saw like 6 people had joined us running with Jerry cans in their palms.
We continue past Sheraton and headed towards Ikeja bus stop.
When we got to Ikeja bus stop, he shouted again, "They have started o!"... and continued his run.
We asked each other what was happening but nobody seemed to know as we ran behind the boy.
Finally, we got to Oshodi and he shouted again, this time, we were like 40 people running behind him, all of us with a Jerry can in one hand.
He shouted again, "They have started ooo!"!!! He continued his run towards Isolo and finally, after getting to Isolo, he stopped and we were all gasping for breath, all of us , men and women, some with pot bellies.
I moved closed to him and asked, "What have they started?"
The boy replied, "Chelsea vs Arsenal, the match has started!"

I fainted.

3 Likes

Re: WELCOME TO AFRICA - 15 Funny Attributes That Suggest That You Might Be African by blacktwist(m): 9:54pm On Sep 20, 2015
afolwalex20:
grin grin Nice one OP. Aside 4 and 15 am guilty of all cheesy
#proudly African
yea same here too bro. Equal mind
Re: WELCOME TO AFRICA - 15 Funny Attributes That Suggest That You Might Be African by blacktwist(m): 9:55pm On Sep 20, 2015
afolwalex20:
#proudly African
yea same here too bro. Equal mind
Re: WELCOME TO AFRICA - 15 Funny Attributes That Suggest That You Might Be African by Leyemoshood: 9:55pm On Sep 20, 2015
cool story grin grin

in other news,order your football jerseys
https://www.nairaland.com/2447345/2015-2016-new-jerseys-available/4
Re: WELCOME TO AFRICA - 15 Funny Attributes That Suggest That You Might Be African by clevadani: 9:58pm On Sep 20, 2015
Nice observations @op
Re: WELCOME TO AFRICA - 15 Funny Attributes That Suggest That You Might Be African by prettyJoy22(f): 9:58pm On Sep 20, 2015
Isn't it funny posting this kind of stuff on nairaland were you know 99.9 are africans Anyway tanx 4 the post cuz I just found out am not african grin TracingMyRootsModeActivated cool
Re: WELCOME TO AFRICA - 15 Funny Attributes That Suggest That You Might Be African by prettyJoy22(f): 10:02pm On Sep 20, 2015
Achilies:
I was sitting in my car on a very long queue from the Mobil petrol station in Maryland. This queue was almost getting to Anthony bus stop (a stretch of almost 3 miles!) It was one of those days when fuel was scarce.

Suddenly, a guy ran past my car with a Jerry can in one hand shouting, "They have started o!" in Yoruba.

I quickly jumped out of my car, opened my booth, got my Jerry can and ran after him. He kept running towards Maryland.
When he got to the petrol station, he shouted again, "Won ti bere ooo!" This in Yoruba means, "They have started o!" He ran past the petrol station and headed towards Sheraton hotel.
Anyone who knows these places I'm mentioning will understand how quite afar they are.
I tried to run faster to catch up and ask the boy what have they started, but the boy ran faster.
I looked back and I saw like 6 people had joined us running with Jerry cans in their palms.
We continue past Sheraton and headed towards Ikeja bus stop.
When we got to Ikeja bus stop, he shouted again, "They have started o!"... and continued his run.
We asked each other what was happening but nobody seemed to know as we ran behind the boy.
Finally, we got to Oshodi and he shouted again, this time, we were like 40 people running behind him, all of us with a Jerry can in one hand.
He shouted again, "They have started ooo!"!!! He continued his run towards Isolo and finally, after getting to Isolo, he stopped and we were all gasping for breath, all of us , men and women, some with pot bellies.
I moved closed to him and asked, "What have they started?"
The boy replied, "Chelsea vs Arsenal, the match has started!"

I fainted.

cheesy
Re: WELCOME TO AFRICA - 15 Funny Attributes That Suggest That You Might Be African by engrshakespeare: 10:08pm On Sep 20, 2015
[quote author=SimartNiG post=38212337][/quote]

This toy powerbanks shouldn't exceed N300 each or else you wanna fleece us
Re: WELCOME TO AFRICA - 15 Funny Attributes That Suggest That You Might Be African by baloney: 10:10pm On Sep 20, 2015
who on earth thinks this, have some argument on some of d point lyk 2, 7.....
Re: WELCOME TO AFRICA - 15 Funny Attributes That Suggest That You Might Be African by marylandcakes: 10:15pm On Sep 20, 2015
BS
Re: WELCOME TO AFRICA - 15 Funny Attributes That Suggest That You Might Be African by itzdopekid(m): 10:16pm On Sep 20, 2015
afolwalex20:
#proudly African
Re: WELCOME TO AFRICA - 15 Funny Attributes That Suggest That You Might Be African by baloney: 10:21pm On Sep 20, 2015
prettyJoy22:
cheesy
achilies hope you are not an arsenal fan for a Chelsea fan it worth it " Chelsea have started"

1 Like

Re: WELCOME TO AFRICA - 15 Funny Attributes That Suggest That You Might Be African by MsBliss(f): 10:29pm On Sep 20, 2015
Ayam proud to be African and I am double proud to be a Nigerian.
Re: WELCOME TO AFRICA - 15 Funny Attributes That Suggest That You Might Be African by slimfresh(m): 10:34pm On Sep 20, 2015
GabrielSuswam:
Nyben was here

That's All
........Jesus (d savior) is Lord.
Re: WELCOME TO AFRICA - 15 Funny Attributes That Suggest That You Might Be African by Achilies(m): 11:40pm On Sep 20, 2015
[color=#000099][/color]
baloney:

achilies
hope you are not an arsenal fan
for a Chelsea fan it worth it " Chelsea have started"

I be Chelsea o.
But all that run was for nothing

1 Like

Re: WELCOME TO AFRICA - 15 Funny Attributes That Suggest That You Might Be African by midecrown(m): 11:53pm On Sep 20, 2015
15 attributes..15likes#meanwhile it's applicable not just to Africans#@teamproudlyAfricans
Re: WELCOME TO AFRICA - 15 Funny Attributes That Suggest That You Might Be African by IamAtribalist: 12:54am On Sep 21, 2015
Rubbish pathetic stereotypes - use your head.
Re: WELCOME TO AFRICA - 15 Funny Attributes That Suggest That You Might Be African by Nobody: 2:10am On Sep 21, 2015
@OP: going by your write-up that means I am NOT an African....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Endangered Languages Of Nigeria + Others / Igbo People Being 'light', Is It Exaggerated? / Chief Tajudeen Gbadesere Is Dead (The Eletu Odibo Of Lagos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.