Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,297 members, 7,839,466 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

The Inane Teachings Of Pastor E. A. Adeboye From Open Heaven 2009 - Be Separate - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Inane Teachings Of Pastor E. A. Adeboye From Open Heaven 2009 - Be Separate (2617 Views)

Pastor E.A Adeboye Is A Murderer – Kemi Olunloyo / Video Of Pastor Caught Pants Down Trying To Sleep With A Married Woman / New Age Teachings Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. Is It Right? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Inane Teachings Of Pastor E. A. Adeboye From Open Heaven 2009 - Be Separate by huxley(m): 4:53pm On Apr 14, 2009
kaydkay:

@Huxley,

I am not really into the religious forum but once in a while I just pop in and out.

It seems to me that almost every of your posts on nairaland is laced with hatred and licentious/libellious  statements

about Servants of God which to me luks like the rantings of a very frustrated young/old man. If you are frustrated with

the Christian faith then keep it to your self, you are not the only one that can read or educated so I believe am speaking

on behalf of a lot of nairalanders - kip ur hatred and frustration to your self or better still turn to God for solutions to

your many problems (if dr r any?).

Am expecting you as u've always done to others who have challenged or opposed your ideas to reply in ur usual manner to this my rejoinder to U - that is run ur mouth with no sense or sensibility at all.

Well I have said mine and I only hope my Stream of wisdom will be able to fill your Ocean of Foolishness though pitfully I

doubt it cos the Bible says "the way of the cross is like foolishness to some people" and am very sure the bible had your

type in mind when that verse was wriiten.

Stay Blessed.

Why don't you engage the subject at hand? I think you are incapable of, which does not surprise me in the least.
Re: The Inane Teachings Of Pastor E. A. Adeboye From Open Heaven 2009 - Be Separate by biina: 5:03pm On Apr 14, 2009
Like debosky said, seems some have a poor grasp of the English language.

From the merriam-webster dictionary

Partner
1(archaic) : one that shares : partaker
2: a: one associated with another especially in an action : associate, colleague
   b: either of two persons who dance together
   c: one of two or more persons who play together in a game against an opposing side
   d: a person with whom one shares an intimate relationship : one member of a couple
3: a member of a partnership especially in a business  ; also : such membership
4: one of the heavy timbers that strengthen a ship's deck to support a mast —usually used in plural

Next step is for them to select (with prejudice) the meaning that best suits their purpose. undecided
Re: The Inane Teachings Of Pastor E. A. Adeboye From Open Heaven 2009 - Be Separate by huxley(m): 5:12pm On Apr 14, 2009
debosky:

Attending institutions is not the same as being in partnership. It seems comprehension of English Language is your prime failing.  sad

Taking an overly general interpretation of the word 'partnership' is your prime failing.

He is talking about getting involved in something with an unbeliever when it has the potential to drag you away from God or make you compromise on your principles. That is the basic import of the message, not simply avoiding any 'relationship' with unbelievers. Even having a conversation is some form of relationship, so obviously you need to put things in context.

I admit that you can charge the pastor on many issues, one of which is equivocation. If the pastor had meant to convey this message, then why did it come out in such clumsy a manner?  I submit that the words be chose and the verses that he quotes suggest a total self-sequestration of believers from unbelievers.

First to partner with god, you must not partner with unbelievers in business, marriage or in any other area

What does partnering mean in this context?

I cannot see how a true child of God will be comfortably seated at a party organised by an unbeliever.

Does sitting at a party necessitate partnering?

Now, as to the question of being distracted from one's devotion to God, what sort of atmosphere or environments constitute or poses the most distraction?  Is a regular mainstream work a threat to one's faith.  Would you accept employment for a company owned by a nonbeliever and populated mainly by nonbelievers.

One thing you guys are failing to address is why Jesus appear to give the opposite message.  If it is true that Christian should avoid unbelievers, why does Jesus advocate the opposite in Mark 2: 13-17?
Re: The Inane Teachings Of Pastor E. A. Adeboye From Open Heaven 2009 - Be Separate by huxley(m): 5:27pm On Apr 14, 2009
biina:

Like debosky said, seems some have a poor grasp of the English language.

From the merriam-webster dictionary

Partner
1(archaic) : one that shares : partaker
2: a: one associated with another especially in an action : associate, colleague
   b: either of two persons who dance together
   c: one of two or more persons who play together in a game against an opposing side
   d: a person with whom one shares an intimate relationship : one member of a couple
3: a member of a partnership especially in a business  ; also : such membership
4: one of the heavy timbers that strengthen a ship's deck to support a mast —usually used in plural

Next step is for them to select (with prejudice) the meaning that best suits their purpose. undecided

Let us see how you have hoisted yourself on your own pertard, shall we?

On definition 1 - 1(archaic) : one that shares : partaker. Is this the sense in which the pastor meant it? On this definition a believer could not share or partake of anything with a believer.

On definition 2a - one associated with another especially in an action : associate, colleague . On this definition, you would not work with a nonbeliever. Is this what the pastor meant?

On definition 2b - either of two persons who dance together . A believer would not dance with a nonbeliever. Is this the sense in which the pastor meant it?

On definition 2c - one of two or more persons who play together in a game against an opposing side . A believer would not play in the same team as unbelievers. Is this what the pastor meant?

On definition 2d - a person with whom one shares an intimate relationship : one member of a couple. A believer is not allowed to form intimate relationship (usually marital) with non-believers. Is this what he meant?

On definition 3 - a member of a partnership especially in a business ; also : such membership Basically, no business partnership with nonbelievers. This is clear enough.

On defintion 4 - not relevant.

So which of these defintion describe the sense in which the pastor meant the word and how have his detractors misunderstood it?
Re: The Inane Teachings Of Pastor E. A. Adeboye From Open Heaven 2009 - Be Separate by Okemoni: 5:28pm On Apr 14, 2009
@ Huxley, at the time the tax collector was eating with Jesus, he had already accepted to follow him, it was the pple tht still saw him and others as a sinner, he had already decided to follow Jesus, as you can see it says they followed him, they wont follow him if they didnt believe in him. I think partnering with unbelievers is very different form this, because at this time they had decided to follow Jesus.
Re: The Inane Teachings Of Pastor E. A. Adeboye From Open Heaven 2009 - Be Separate by huxley(m): 5:39pm On Apr 14, 2009
Okemoni:

@ Huxley, at the time the tax collector was eating with Jesus, he had already accepted to follow him, it was the pple tht still saw him and others as a sinner, he had already decided to follow Jesus, as you can see it says they followed him, they wont follow him if they didnt believe in him. I think partnering with someone is very different form this.

If that were true, why then does Jesus describe them as sinners?

17 When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

With this verse, Jesus is admitting that there are some who are righteous and some who are sinners and that he has come for the sinners. Why would he call people who have already decided to follower him sinners?
Re: The Inane Teachings Of Pastor E. A. Adeboye From Open Heaven 2009 - Be Separate by Nobody: 5:40pm On Apr 14, 2009
jagunlabi:
These socalled "men of god" always preach one thing,"SEPARATION".[/b]It is like some guys calling themselves,"MEN OF RACISM", going about and preaching racial segregation all over the place.No difference,except,maybe they do the religious separation campaign in the name of a god which is tribal and nepotistic in his characteristiscs. Terrible!

That is precisely because christian living is about one thing - [b]SEPARATION FROM THE WORLD!
now your understanding of the word "separation" is what is at stake here . . . the same Christ that said "come out of her my people" is the very same one who says - "pursue peace with ALL MEN" (not just christian people but ALL men including atheists).

Pastor Adeboye is not advocating that we build christian-only restaurants, rent houses only to believers, speak only to believers e.t.c. Christianity is a calling out from the world into a life of righteousness in Christ . . . it is a separation from sin unto life, distancing oneself from anything or those that can make us compromise our calling. Does that mean we cannot be friends with sinners? NO! After all Judas Iscariot was a disciple for 3 solid yrs, no one kicked him out for being a greedy thief.

That is why the bible uses the term "yoke" and Adeboye talks of "partnering" . . . a deep relationship with an unbeliever with the potential to make you lose your faith is to be avoided! A casual friendship with an unbeliever based on proximity, family relationship, shared activities, hobbies . . . is more than ok and is not a problem!

By the way, i'm wondering why those who proclaim to be enemies of the cross are so worked-up about Adeboye asking christians to separate themselves from atheists . . . why does separation bother them since they do not care for God?
Re: The Inane Teachings Of Pastor E. A. Adeboye From Open Heaven 2009 - Be Separate by Okemoni: 5:45pm On Apr 14, 2009
@ Huxley, as you can see, he said he came to call them to repentance, the context of that relationship will be the same as evangelism today and Pastor Adeboye has nt said anything against evangelism.
Re: The Inane Teachings Of Pastor E. A. Adeboye From Open Heaven 2009 - Be Separate by mazaje(m): 6:04pm On Apr 14, 2009
davidylan:

That is precisely because christian living is about one thing - SEPARATION FROM THE WORLD! now your understanding of the word "separation" is what is at stake here . . . the same Christ that said "come out of her my people" is the very same one who says - "pursue peace with ALL MEN" (not just christian people but ALL men including atheists).

Pastor Adeboye is not advocating that we build christian-only restaurants, rent houses only to believers, speak only to believers e.t.c. Christianity is a calling out from the world into a life of righteousness in Christ . . . it is a separation from sin unto life, distancing oneself from anything or those that can make us compromise our calling. Does that mean we cannot be friends with sinners? NO! After all Judas Iscariot was a disciple for 3 solid yrs, no one kicked him out for being a greedy thief.

That is why the bible uses the term "yoke" and Adeboye talks of "partnering" . . . a deep relationship with an unbeliever with the potential to make you lose your faith is to be avoided! A casual friendship with an unbeliever based on proximity, family relationship, shared activities, hobbies . . . is more than ok and is not a problem!

By the way, i'm wondering why those who proclaim to be enemies of the cross are so worked-up about Adeboye asking christians to separate themselves from atheists . . . why does separation bother them since they do not care for God?

i wonder why the biblegod refused to create a seperate world for christians? since it is very clear that the bible god has chosen christians to be whom he wants them to be not of this world as it is written in the bible i wonder why he failed to create a different world for the christians, he left them to be corrupted by the people of this world that are "condemned" already . . . . or is this part of his usual incompetence? it is written in the bible that the biblegod has already chosen christians to be who he wants them to be according to his will if that is the case why are christians still living in this world? why not create a different world for them. what an incompetent deity you goons worship. . .

Eph 1:4 even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love
Eph 1:5 he predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will,
Eph 1:6 to the praise of his glorious grace, with which he has blessed us in the Beloved.

Eph 1:11 In him we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his will,
Eph 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.

the bible god should create a new world for the christains whom he has chosen according to his will since before creation according to the bible and leave us alone. . . pls pray to your imaginary god to create a new world for you guys. . . . we are tired of you guys saying that you are not of this world or you need to be separated from this world, if you guys are not of this world then what the heck are you goons doing inside this world grin grin? deluded goons. . . . . keep living in the bubble. . . . .
Re: The Inane Teachings Of Pastor E. A. Adeboye From Open Heaven 2009 - Be Separate by huxley(m): 6:05pm On Apr 14, 2009
davidylan:

That is precisely because christian living is about one thing - SEPARATION FROM THE WORLD! now your understanding of the word "separation" is what is at stake here . . . the same Christ that said "come out of her my people" is the very same one who says - "pursue peace with ALL MEN" (not just christian people but ALL men including atheists).

When did Judas become a greedy thief?  Was it at the start or towards the end of Jesus's ministry?   Why would anyone have wanted to kick him out any time earlier?
Re: The Inane Teachings Of Pastor E. A. Adeboye From Open Heaven 2009 - Be Separate by Nobody: 6:36pm On Apr 14, 2009
mazaje:

i wonder why the biblegod refused to create a seperate world for christians? since it is very clear that the bible god has chosen christians to be whom he wants them to be not of this world as it is written in the bible i wonder why he failed to create a different world for the christians, he left them to be corrupted by the people of this world that are "condemned" already . . . . or is this part of his usual incompetence? it is written in the bible that the biblegod has already chosen christians to be who he wants them to be according to his will if that is the case why are christians still living in this world? why not create a different world for them. what an incompetent deity you goons worship. . .

the bible god should create a new world for the christains whom he has chosen according to his will since before creation according to the bible and leave us alone. . . pls pray to your imaginary god to create a new world for you guys. . . . we are tired of you guys saying that you are not of this world or you need to be separated from this world, if you guys are not of this world then what the heck are you goons doing inside this world  grin grin? deluded goons. . . . . keep living in the bubble. . . . . 

this is incredibly naive. Christians didnt fall from the sky . . . they were once sinners like you who later accepted the Lordship of Jesus Christ . . . shld we now ship ourselves off to Mars?

Sometimes i wonder if you people do really have a brain. The irony of it all is that Christ foresaw this kind of stupidity when He made this prayer - John 17:15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.

The only way to "take us out of the world" would be to kill all of us and that is not the Father's will.
Re: The Inane Teachings Of Pastor E. A. Adeboye From Open Heaven 2009 - Be Separate by mazaje(m): 7:15pm On Apr 14, 2009
davidylan:

this is incredibly naive. Christians didnt fall from the sky . . . they were once sinners like you who later accepted the Lordship of Jesus Christ . . . shld we now ship ourselves off to Mars?

Sometimes i wonder if you people do really have a brain. The irony of it all is that Christ foresaw this kind of stupidity when He made this prayer - John 17:15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.

The only way to "take us out of the world" would be to kill all of us and that is not the Father's will.

christians were once sinner like me eh? it seems you dont even know what you are talking about. . . . .another problem is that who was jesus praing to? i thought he was god himself? i thought that the biblegod once killed everybody in the world according to noah's flood? why didn't he send jesus to save the people living in the world at that time? why kill every living thing? innocent babies, animals etc? why not send jesus to come and save the world at that time? another of his incompetence at display eh? deluded goons. . . . .keep believing in fairy tales of jews and romans who would have killed you and your tribe if you were living any where near them when they were writing their fantasies and imaginations. . . .
Re: The Inane Teachings Of Pastor E. A. Adeboye From Open Heaven 2009 - Be Separate by bawomolo(m): 7:20pm On Apr 14, 2009
What exactly would be considered a partnership? marriage? a business venture?

To call unbelievers sons of belial or whatever is something else. Adeboye has a right to his opinion, i doubt members of his church take him seriously word for word.
Re: The Inane Teachings Of Pastor E. A. Adeboye From Open Heaven 2009 - Be Separate by kaydkay(m): 9:04am On Apr 15, 2009
huxley:

Why don't you engage the subject at hand? I think you are incapable of, which does not surprise me in the least.

@Huxley,
Y shuld I dissipate my energy on a subject that is so vague and lacks any intellectual substance that wuldnt in any way contribute to my knowledge or anybody's for that matter!!

I tink u shuld have taken ur post to the Literature section where u wuld have been properly lectured as to the meaning of partnership!!

The saddest thing about people like you that try to run others down is that u usually dont amount to much in life.

BROS GET A LIFE!!!!!
Re: The Inane Teachings Of Pastor E. A. Adeboye From Open Heaven 2009 - Be Separate by huxley(m): 9:14am On Apr 15, 2009
kaydkay:

@Huxley,
Y shuld I dissipate my energy on a subject that is so vague and lacks any intellectual substance that wuldnt in any way contribute to my knowledge or anybody's for that matter!!

I tink u shuld have taken ur post to the Literature section where u wuld have been properly lectured as to the meaning of partnership!!

The saddest thing about people like you that try to run others down is that u usually dont amount to much in life.

BROS GET A LIFE!!!!!

You just proved my point. You obviously are incapable of dealing with the substance of the thread and have turn your attention now to attacking me, a ploy typical of people who have nothing substantial to add to the debate.

What do you mean by "don't amount to much in life"? What does that entail?
Re: The Inane Teachings Of Pastor E. A. Adeboye From Open Heaven 2009 - Be Separate by kaydkay(m): 10:55am On Apr 15, 2009
huxley:

You just proved my point.   You obviously are incapable of dealing with the substance of the thread and have turn your attention now to attacking me, a ploy typical of people who have nothing substantial to add to the debate.

What do you mean by "don't amount to much in life"?  What does that entail? 

What debate? Was ur post meant to generate a debate? I dont think so!!

Dont have anything personal against U o dont even knw u frm adam U might for all i knw be a  nice guy with just a little bit of attitudinal and anti-establishment problems/disorders. Were u among those that threw tomotoes and onions @ OBJ when he came to the UK?cheesy

Like I said earlier "Bros Get A Life"
Re: The Inane Teachings Of Pastor E. A. Adeboye From Open Heaven 2009 - Be Separate by fyneguy: 11:58am On Apr 15, 2009
Incredible!

So DAVIDYLAN could find himself in a situation where he has to defend a pastor.

Hmmm an accuser of brethren turned defender!

Anyway you haven't answered Huxley's question- Pastor Adeboye wondered why a christian would sit comfortably in a party organized by an unbeliever. Huxley wants to know if that connotes being in partnership with the unbeliever.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Corpus Christi (Latin for Body of Christ) / Are smart devices replacing printed Bible? / Drop Your Prayer Requests Here. We Pray, God Answers: Always!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.