Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,099 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:26 AM

Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum - Career (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum (265735 Views)

Job opportunities 4 Medical Laboratory Scientists in nigeria / Medical Laboratory Scientists(internship) / Where Do Science Laboratory Technology Graduates Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by Eradspiff: 5:57pm On Nov 17, 2017
Nani4all:
All these SLT, Biochemist and their likes will try hard to infect and imitate MLS but they will never succeeded. the difference is too clear
Proudly Nimelssite
Proudly MLS
proudly AMLSN
proudly MLSCN
yah u are right nani
Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by Eradspiff: 8:37am On Nov 18, 2017
Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by Sanctus1(m): 10:29am On Nov 20, 2017
can a biochemistry graduate go for medical lab science?
Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by nelszx: 10:51am On Nov 20, 2017
Sanctus1:
can a biochemistry graduate go for medical lab science?
Yes
But it requires another degree (BMLS) via Direct Entry. A very good CGPA can help you (very high 2.1, if it's 2.2 or third class just forget it).
Once you get the BMLS degree, you automatically get the license to practice as a Medical lab scientist.
Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by Sanctus1(m): 10:54am On Nov 20, 2017
nelszx:

Yes
But it requires another degree (BMLS) via Direct Entry. A very good CGPA can help you (very high 2.1, if it's 2.2 or third class just forget it).
Once you get the BMLS degree, you automatically get the license to practice as a Medical lab scientist.

I mean a post graduate diploma that will enable me go for masters in medical lab sci
Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by Meel: 11:12am On Nov 20, 2017
Sanctus1:

I mean a post graduate diploma that will enable me go for masters in medical lab sci
There is nothing like MSC medical lab science, scientists specialize in there pg, e.g haematology, clinical chemistry, med microbiology, histo, and other area of choice
Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by Sanctus1(m): 11:39am On Nov 20, 2017
Meel:
There is nothing like MSC medical lab science, scientists specialize in there pg, e.g haematology, clinical chemistry, med microbiology, histo, and other area of choice

I love medical lab...but due to some forces beyond my control I got into biochemistry..now I have the degree but I still have this passion for medical lab, so a applied for a school in USA and got the admission to study for two years and do my internship for one year ,I guess that's because of my first degree in biochemistry,please what's the best and possible way of convincing the VO during my visa interview
Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by Meel: 11:49am On Nov 20, 2017
Sanctus1:

I love medical lab...but due to some forces beyond my control I got into biochemistry..now I have the degree but I still have this passion for medical lab, so a applied for a school in USA and got the admission to study for two years and do my internship for one year ,I guess that's because of my first degree in biochemistry,please what's the best and possible way of convincing the VO during my visa interview
Don't know about USA visa procedure,

With your Bsc biochemistry, why don't you do D.E into a Nigeria priv Uni, where admission is sure. ( To minimise cost,).

In my class we have like 12 Bch/MCb graduate, doing there 2nd degree in MLS.

Schools like ABUAD, Achievers, igbinedon offers MLS( am sure admission won't be hard).
Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by nelszx: 11:49am On Nov 20, 2017
Sanctus1:

I don't know about a pgd in MLS (dunno if it exists) but really that's a waste of time cos even a PhD in medical laboratory science you can't practice and won't be recognised as a Medical lab scientist
Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by Sanctus1(m): 11:52am On Nov 20, 2017
nelszx:

I don't know about a pgd in MLS (dunno if it exists) but really that's a waste of time cos even a PhD in medical laboratory science you can't practice and won't be recognised as a Medical lab scientist

so I have to get a bachelors degree in medical lab first
Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by nelszx: 11:52am On Nov 20, 2017
Sanctus1:

Just be plain in the interview (know some basic things about MLS) on why you want to study it as a second degree. What they are really interested in is you not getting stranded once you are there (enough financial power to push you through). I'm very sure you'd get it
Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by nelszx: 11:54am On Nov 20, 2017
Sanctus1:

so I have to get a bachelors degree in medical lab first
Yes for you to practice anywhere in the world as a MLS you must have a bachelors degree in MLS. That's the background for any employment ANYWHERE in the world you choose to practice
Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by Sanctus1(m): 11:56am On Nov 20, 2017
nelszx:

Just be plain in the interview (know some basic things about MLS) on why you want to study it as a second degree. What they are really interested in is you not getting stranded once you are there (enough financial power to push you through). I'm very sure you'd get it

was thinking of telling them I developed the passion when I did my SIWES in a med lab...money is not really the problem by GOD's grace but why do I want it as a second degree and not masters in biochem
Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by nelszx: 12:03pm On Nov 20, 2017
Sanctus1:

was thinking of telling them I developed the passion when I did my SIWES in a med lab...money is not really the problem by GOD's grace but why do I want it as a second degree and not masters in biochem

The SIWES is a valid point
Why second degree and not masters? You want to contribute directly to patient care which a Msc can not afford you such opportunities.

1 Like

Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by Aimzee(m): 6:23pm On Dec 08, 2017
FOUR BIGGEST MEDICAL LABORATORIES IN NIGERIA AND HOW TO GET YOUR CV TO THEM

One thing we need to know is that most of these big establishments don't place adverts seeking for Scientists because most times they have Medical Laboratory Scientists in their waiting list.

They can easily call up the said applicant who is on their waiting list and fix up an interview date with such an applicant whenever the need for one arises.

Hence, we painstakingly got these HRs e-mail addresses so that you can be on their waiting list if they don't need any scientist or technician at the moment .

Endeavor to save these e-mail addresses and send your CV, credentials and cover letter in due course.
Below are four (4) big medical laboratories and their human resource managers e-mail addresses.

1. Clina Lancet
abiola.adejumobi@lancet.com.ng

2. Pathcare Nigeria
tsemayee@pathcarenigeria.com

3. El-lab Laboratories
joy.asuquo@el-lab.org

4.Me Cure Healthcare Limited (MHL)
hr@mecure.com.ng

You can as well add to the list

Thank you!

Source: www.wealthylabmanagers.com
Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by Ysquare98: 5:06pm On Dec 17, 2017
Plz do we have any lautech MLS student in here ...the person should signify plz ...urgently needed
Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by bmlsbmls: 5:28pm On Dec 19, 2017
Ysquare98:
Plz do we have any lautech MLS student in here ...the person should signify plz ...urgently needed
sure...how can I be of help sir?
Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by Aimzee(m): 7:18pm On Dec 22, 2017
The real supporters of the Association of Medical Laboratory Scientists of Nigeria (AMLSN)

The real supporters of the Association of Medical Laboratory Scientists of Nigeria (AMLSN) are not just supporters of people in leadership positions.

They are more of supporters of the institution of AMLSN. Leaders will come and go but the institution will remain. If your support is only for people in leadership, you will sure have undulating loyalty. Support the institution and you will have no issues supporting what constitutes the institution.

They are not supporters of national leadership alone, they are first supporters of chapter and branch leadership. Members who oppose chapter and branch leadership and activities with charged biceps only to come to national platforms with admonitions of support for NEOs are out on a mission.

Read more: http://www.wealthylabmanagers.com/2017/12/the-real-supporters-of-amlsn.html
Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by Aimzee(m): 7:22pm On Dec 22, 2017
Medical Doctor Vs Medical Laboratory Scientists: Ending the Unending War

It has been quite a while since these two professionals have been at each others jugular over different matters, varying from council ownership, BMLS blockage, headship of labs, entry points to mention a few.

Nigerian Doctors have come to accept Medical Laboratory Science as a threat that need to be constantly curtailed least it metamorphose into an hydra-headed problem that may be difficult to solve.

READ DETAILS>>>> http://www.wealthylabmanagers.com/2017/12/medical-doctor-vs-medical-laboratory.html?m=0
Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by Ysquare98: 9:10pm On Dec 24, 2017
bmlsbmls:

sure...how can I be of help sir?

plz can I have yr whatsapp digit(number plz) or plz can u chat me up on 08109854380
Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by bmlsbmls: 8:42pm On Dec 27, 2017
Ysquare98:

plz can I have yr whatsapp digit(number plz) or plz can u chat me up on 08109854380
I've sent you a message through WhatsApp sir
Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by femianski: 11:35am On Dec 28, 2017
Do MLS preclinical students perform practical on cadevers??
Cc: nelszz
Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by femianski: 11:35am On Dec 28, 2017
Cc: nelszx
Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by nelszx: 11:56am On Dec 28, 2017
femianski:
Cc: nelszx

In some schools YES and in others NO. The same way some schools offers Embryology as part of anatomy and some don't.
It's not uniform it's dependent on the school and curriculum (Gross anatomy practical).

Anatomy dissection in UNN is 4 credits dunno if it's same as those in other schools but in my time it wasn't even in the curriculum.
Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by femianski: 12:51pm On Dec 28, 2017
nelszx:

In some schools YES and in others NO. The same way some schools offers Embryology as part of anatomy and some don't.
It's not uniform it's dependent on the school and curriculum (Gross anatomy practical).

Anatomy dissection in UNN is 4 credits dunno if it's same as those in other schools but in my time it wasn't even in the curriculum.
OK thank you sir
Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by Scholar212(m): 1:09pm On Dec 28, 2017
femianski:
depends on your school, if they have gross anatomy practicals for other BMS department then you will. In my school it is compulsory, you can't run away from it.
Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by Scholar212(m): 1:16pm On Dec 28, 2017
nelszx:

Oh Nelsx I sent you an email please
Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by davbravo(m): 4:42pm On Dec 28, 2017
femianski:
As others have said, it depends on the school. Here in UNILAG, it's compulsory, histology and embryology inclusive...
Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by femianski: 5:14pm On Dec 28, 2017
Wat about in UI
Any UIte??
Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by nelszx: 5:28pm On Dec 28, 2017
Scholar212:
Oh Nelsx I sent you an email please

I have replied your mail, less talked about but very insightful
Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by Scholar212(m): 9:02pm On Dec 28, 2017
nelszx:

I have replied your mail, less talked about but very insightful
didn't see any mail, don't know if is my old email address I used to register this account. Please kindly resend it to *****@gmail.com. sorry for the inconvenience
Re: Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum by Sanctus1(m): 9:07am On Dec 29, 2017
at 25 can i still go for a degree in medical lab sci...?i have a degree in biochemistry already

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (51) (Reply)

Nigerian Prospective Medical Interns 2017 / Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH) / Human Resource Professionals:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.