Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,752 members, 7,851,579 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:22 PM

Effective Planning: A Prerequisite For Success. Part 1 - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Effective Planning: A Prerequisite For Success. Part 1 (420 Views)

Court Order Now Prerequisite For Release Of BVN - CBN / Setting Goals For Success - 5 Top Tips For Successful Entrepreneurship / Google Adsense Acceptance Prerequisite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Effective Planning: A Prerequisite For Success. Part 1 by 2dcool: 7:17am On Sep 21, 2015
"And the lord answered me, and said, write the vision, and make it plain on tables, that he may run that readeth it" Habakkuk 2:2 (KJV)

First he instructs us to "write the vision" why?

Consider this, Architecture is one of such disciplines which requires a high level of accuracy. So, Mr. Ade is lounging in the back porch of his sea-side cabin, in the cool of one Saturday evening envisioning what the next week would look like while sipping his favorite strawberry smoothie. Having the time of his life, the young architect is enraptured by the sheer bliss of this particular Saturday evening. All the elements of nature seemed to have unanimously agreed to entreat him to a well deserved rest after all his sleepless nights and tireless work put in the last week to ensure he finished his latest designs.

"It is complete, you did a perfect job, now, rest a while my child, we need you in your best shape for next week" the wind whispered into his ears as a mild gust blew over his face, caressing his left cheek.

Suddenly! The young man jumps out his chaise lounge nearly knocking himself over. He rushes to the nearest sketch pad in his line of sight, takes up his pencil and begins to sketch, ideas that would go on to become the greatest structure he ever designed and built...........and that's when the Dstv transmission signal got scrambled, I know pretty annoying right? I almost lunged at the decoder myself lol.

OK, OK! just kidding, that was an original piece, I just had to cut it short in righteousness to give you the moral of the story.

Notice Mr. Ade's initial response to his idea, asides almost breaking his leg. He "Penned - it - down". He put It on paper. He didn't rush to his site to start digging holes in the ground! By all means no! But that's what we tend to do some times with our ideas. We jump into action in obscurity, fall flat on our faces and then for some people, they get discouraged and eventually quit, some others persist finally getting it right. What if we listened to wisdom from the start, it sure would save us a whole lot of stress. Wisdom, in our opening portion of Scripture admonishes us to write it down first! "The lightest stroke of a pen is better than the strongest memory" Now observe the next instruction wisdom gives.

"...make it PLAIN on tables..."

Now, that's where your idea gets introduced to the developer called "planning". Understand that the idea you received was only a seed of the main thing. It must be nurtured to maturity, and to get there, it must be developed through effective planning.

The primary reason you should make plain your visions is this. "The more detailed you get about what actions are required to actualize your dream, the more motivated you will be to take action." Obscurity waters down Motivation. How do I know this? Well it is written;

"...that he may run that readeth it..."

#iam.Ed
#my_muse

...to be continued.
Http://http://.com.ng/read/nH

(1) (Reply)

Spotlight: World's Greatest Investors / Kosso Wood Supplier Wanted / Easy Way Of Making Money Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.