Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,940 members, 7,835,132 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

Apple Trolls Android Users With An Android App - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Apple Trolls Android Users With An Android App (2743 Views)

Five Blackberry Priv Features That Android Users Will Fall In Love With. / Android Users! Stream Live DSTV Channels On Your Android Smartphone For Free / All Android Users Must Read - What You Don't Know About Lucky Patcher (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apple Trolls Android Users With An Android App by Nobody: 11:25am On Sep 21, 2015

Last week , Apple trolled Android users by launching "Move to iOs", an app that will help Android users migrate their content from Android to iOs. This move triggered annoying responses from android users , who retaliated by giving the the app a 1 star review on playstore.

Here are some hillarious (and annoying) response it got from android users on google playstore :

The reason I went from ios to Android is because Google put all there apps on ios to use. I became so invested in there ecosystem at that point that it just worked better to have an android phone. Do the same thing (make the default apps for Android with an apple id login) and people might move back. -- William Coll

Do not install! Unless you want a lobotomy. Seriously? You think people want to move to a restricted ecosystem that won't even allow you to try apps before you buy?? Google why did you allow them to put this app here? Oh that's right you promote innovation and don't charge for it or place restrictions on it..actually - I am surprised Apple isn't charging $20 for the app. ---Ben Bartlett

Apple, please. Come on. Google has supported your platform with their services from the start, even as your rival. I barfed a little in my mouth when I heard that this would be your first app on the Android platform, but this is what I've come to expect out of Apple as a company. 0/10 ----- Hudson Dahly

Stay away from my life So Apple trying to be in everyone else's life. You already have a platform....you don't need Google too. Don't want you restricting what we can and can't do. --- Ephrim Steinbeigle

Haha What do you think I am? Mad? Why on earth would I move from Android to Fisher Price? Sorry, I mean iOS. Sheer madness I tell you! --- Harvey Drysdale

Why is there not an option to give -ve stars! They could have at least followed the Android design patterns. I hope this app gets kicked out of the Play Store soon. #HatedIt --- Antriksh Saxena

No issues. And people giving 1 star just because it is from a specific publisher does not count as a review. So the app does what it does and I didn't find any bugs or issues with it what so ever. --- Naman Mittal

Really?? First of all, why in the whole world, would I migrate from Android to iOS?!? I don't see any reason at all! Second of all, seriously?! An Android app looking like a iOS?? IMHO, Apple should have showed some respect and followed android material design! How does Google allow such kind of thing? Come on!!! --- Lucas Diego

Stay Away from this app unless you are ready to live rest of your life without one kidney. I installed it on my new Xperia M4 Aqua dual and it suggested me to buy two iphone6 plus since i've been using dual sim handset. Not worth it. ---- Udhab KC

Peasants use apple products. Android master race. Android is for power users who want more out of their phone not just a screen full of applications. --- Jashan Jeet Si

By choosing to go to iOS, is like choosing to just go to jail. To be locked in and controlled and ordered around, oh hey, isn't that why the iOS community tries to set it's free by using JAILBREAK? - ANDROID-4-LIFE!----Yuri Aksen

So in an attempt to make things happen, I am trying to transfer data for the past 5 hours via this application and it has not even crossed a 50% mark. The reviews are only for the age old boy-girl or rather apple-google fight. Has anyone been successful or I am simply wasting my time trying to save data ? ---- Shally Gupta

Now over to you , what do you think? Is this a smart move by apple?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apple Trolls Android Users With An Android App by MrKIZITO(m): 11:30am On Sep 21, 2015
thats nice
Re: Apple Trolls Android Users With An Android App by Inioluwa01(m): 11:37am On Sep 21, 2015
Smh
Re: Apple Trolls Android Users With An Android App by dulux07(m): 11:55am On Sep 21, 2015
Lol. IOS is nice, but Android is better than ios due to its capability n functions. So y shud i migrate. Well it depends on d android phone ur using. grin

5 Likes

Re: Apple Trolls Android Users With An Android App by willian10: 1:09pm On Sep 21, 2015
N Google allowed this app on playstore ??
Re: Apple Trolls Android Users With An Android App by Warlord3000(m): 1:29pm On Sep 21, 2015
Nice concept... It's all about choice.. And peeps are just being bitchy cheesy
Re: Apple Trolls Android Users With An Android App by Kreamie(m): 1:31pm On Sep 21, 2015
One word ----> Choice smiley
Re: Apple Trolls Android Users With An Android App by Nobody: 1:42pm On Sep 21, 2015
willian10:
N Google allowed this app on playstore ??

Yes
Re: Apple Trolls Android Users With An Android App by Fundango: 1:46pm On Sep 21, 2015
wallahi apple e no go work. Even if you bribe me with ship loaded with apples.grin
Re: Apple Trolls Android Users With An Android App by Nobody: 2:31pm On Sep 21, 2015
IMO, Apple sucks, peeps use it Jez to flaunt how expensive dy are... #TeamAndroid
Mrkelv:

Cc : Lalasticlala

Source ; http://androidportalng.com/move-to-ios/

2 Likes

Re: Apple Trolls Android Users With An Android App by imsuboi(m): 3:01pm On Sep 21, 2015
Obviously, this thread is for Android fan boys to converge, convince each other that their devices are superior to iOS machines(an exercise in futility) & lick their already sore wounds. grin

Lemme leave y'all to achieve just that.

But don't forget.

[size=20pt] iOS is King [/size]cool cool

1 Like

Re: Apple Trolls Android Users With An Android App by Nobody: 3:34pm On Sep 21, 2015
imsuboi:
Obviously, this thread is for Android fan boys to converge, convince each other that their devices are superior to iOS machines(an exercise in futility) & lick their already sore wounds. grin

But don't forget.

Really?
Re: Apple Trolls Android Users With An Android App by imsuboi(m): 3:48pm On Sep 21, 2015
Mrkelv:

Really?
Yeah. Really
Re: Apple Trolls Android Users With An Android App by Chidexter(m): 4:01pm On Sep 21, 2015
Android is the best operating system.
Hit Like if you agree
Share if you disagree

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apple Trolls Android Users With An Android App by Craven: 5:15pm On Sep 21, 2015
imsuboi:

But don't forget.

No one is licking any wounds, there isn't even any wound to begin with. Using an Apple device is not an achievement, you don't have to be condescending. You like iOS, good for you. Someone else like's Android, good for them. Everyone is entitled to their own preferences. You don't have to be arrogant because your preference differs from other people's. That's just petty.

12 Likes

Re: Apple Trolls Android Users With An Android App by Mcbussy(m): 7:30pm On Sep 21, 2015
imsuboi:

But don't forget.

Yes iOS is king over goons

Buy it and start planning how to break outta jail...or is it Jailbreak? grin

3 Likes

Re: Apple Trolls Android Users With An Android App by Nobody: 7:38pm On Sep 21, 2015
LMFAO. grin
Re: Apple Trolls Android Users With An Android App by weezii(m): 7:59pm On Sep 21, 2015
Oh really shocked

Does that give me alert to my bank account

For their pocket jare. tongue
Re: Apple Trolls Android Users With An Android App by Karleb(m): 10:17pm On Sep 21, 2015
Mcbussy:

grin grin grin grin
Re: Apple Trolls Android Users With An Android App by RealAdewole(m): 11:24pm On Sep 21, 2015
what concern me
Re: Apple Trolls Android Users With An Android App by abiambo(m): 1:45am On Sep 22, 2015
Capabilities ni, functions ko...
dulux07:
Lol. IOS is nice, but Android is better than ios due to its capability n functions. So y shud i migrate. Well it depends on d android phone ur using. grin
Re: Apple Trolls Android Users With An Android App by Lordtrillion(m): 8:45am On Sep 22, 2015
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Apple Trolls Android Users With An Android App by Nobody: 9:02am On Sep 22, 2015
Lol
Re: Apple Trolls Android Users With An Android App by dulux07(m): 9:05am On Sep 22, 2015
abiambo:
Capabilities ni, functions ko...
undecided
Re: Apple Trolls Android Users With An Android App by guyANDROID1: 9:07am On Sep 22, 2015
There're only two mobile operating system. ANDROID and others.

Quote me wrongly and get ebola grin
Re: Apple Trolls Android Users With An Android App by Nobody: 10:33am On Sep 22, 2015
I don't like Apple.
Re: Apple Trolls Android Users With An Android App by edogho(m): 12:30pm On Sep 22, 2015
Mcbussy:

cool cool

remember that face you make when you see a cool app or hear one fine song from someone's Android phone and just then you remember you're using Apple's prison phone? #YOLO

2 Likes

Re: Apple Trolls Android Users With An Android App by IdeeEsperanza(m): 1:36pm On Sep 22, 2015
Android is the future.

(1) (Reply)

Do You Buy Phones On Aliexpress? / The Lenovo Z6 Youth Edition Is Here, Price And Specs In Nigeria / Tecno Hipods H2: Every Thing You Need To Know (including Call Test)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.