Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,627 members, 7,851,108 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:36 PM

The Saraki Saga: A Guided View - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Saraki Saga: A Guided View (460 Views)

The Saraki Brouhaha: Buhari Might Be Setting Himself Up For Impeachment / See How Nigerians Are Reacting To The Saraki Debacle On Twitter / 5 Reasons Why The Saraki And Ekweremadu Partnership Won't Last (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Saraki Saga: A Guided View by Nobody: 4:13pm On Sep 21, 2015
I remember quite vividly at the start of our present democratic journey, the Oputa panel which is a tribunal, was set up for reconciliatory purposes. GMB was invited on several occasions but declined it. Fast forward some 15 years and the same dude on some ''I am a converted democrat 'mumbo jumbo'" comes into power, and a toothless CCB which had not made any major conviction since 2003 (No need citing Tinubu's case as it was also political then. Tinubu was no longer in power & clearly yielded to the powers that be so he was not prosecuted) is used as a tool to put a seating Senate president in line.

I am not in support of Saraki, but I do like his strategic stand... The CCB is an appendage of the courts and its proceedings are sworn under oath. Any mistake by him in that box could ruin his political career. They should come and get him if they can... He is better of giving his transgressors no target. It is defensive, and as its said " A defensive stand is the best way to mask an attacking manoeuvre".

(1) (Reply)

. / Saraki Reads Ministerial List:fashola, Fayemi, Lai Mohammed, Amaechi Makes List / Ebonyi State Governor Loses Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.