Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,127 members, 7,825,529 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

The Cable Newspaper Misleads Nigerians With False Report On Saraki Trial - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Cable Newspaper Misleads Nigerians With False Report On Saraki Trial (882 Views)

"Before Garba Shehu Misleads Nigerians On The N3.87B State House Clinic Budget" / Akpabio's Victory: Sahara Reporters Apologizes To The Public Over False Report / Names Of Those Who Made 2nd Ministerial List - The Cable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Cable Newspaper Misleads Nigerians With False Report On Saraki Trial by emamos: 6:15pm On Sep 21, 2015
The Cable, an online Nigerian newspaper on Monday misled the Nigerian public when it broke news that the Court of Appeal, sitting in Abuja had stopped the CCT from enforcing the arrest of Senate President, Bukola Saraki.
According toThe Cable, “The Court of Appeal sitting in Abuja on Monday stopped the proposed arrest of Senate President, Bukola Saraki, by the Code of Conduct Tribunal. The court ordered a stay of execution on the warrant of arrest issued against Saraki by the tribunal.”
The news, which was reported via their official Twitter handle and published on their website was published at about 11.30 am on Monday and some Nigerian online newspapers, picked up the story fromThe Cableas seen in the screenshot below.
The story which appears to be a pre-emptive move targeted at compromising the decision of the Abuja Appeal Court, suddenly disappeared from the Twitter handle and website ofThe Cablenewspaper following the Appeal Court’s decision on Monday evening to strike out Saraki’s request seeking the court to restrain the CCT from effecting his arrest over allegations of corruption bothering on the declaration of the Senate President’s assets.
The Cable was recently enmeshed in public controversy when it published an erroneous report alleging that Nobel Laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka made derogatory remarks about Igbo people. The newspaper later apologized for the false report
http://www.thebreakingtimes.com/the-cable-newspaper-misleads-nigerians-with-false-report-on-saraki-trial/
lalasticlala
Re: The Cable Newspaper Misleads Nigerians With False Report On Saraki Trial by Gboliwe: 6:17pm On Sep 21, 2015
They are good at apologising since they have proved they are hard at hearing.

We await their public apology again.

Incompetent lot!

1 Like

Re: The Cable Newspaper Misleads Nigerians With False Report On Saraki Trial by Flyoruboy(m): 6:21pm On Sep 21, 2015
I wonder why people still take them seriously, especially since their fake Soyinka igbo bashing story scandal. I classify them as junk news merchants.
Re: The Cable Newspaper Misleads Nigerians With False Report On Saraki Trial by Nobody: 6:22pm On Sep 21, 2015
I used to think thecable was a very credible source. It seems breakingtimes is more credible
Re: The Cable Newspaper Misleads Nigerians With False Report On Saraki Trial by knostbrown01(m): 6:58pm On Sep 21, 2015
Premium times!!!.....in you i trust
Re: The Cable Newspaper Misleads Nigerians With False Report On Saraki Trial by AdiscoPele: 7:15pm On Sep 21, 2015
Useless reporters.
Re: The Cable Newspaper Misleads Nigerians With False Report On Saraki Trial by omenka(m): 7:17pm On Sep 21, 2015
JEGA01:
I used to think thecable was a very credible source. It seems breakingtimes is more credible
Don't be deceived. Thebreakingtimes is the worst news site there is on planet earth. They lie the reckless abandon and all the articles they publish are anti Buhari/APC. I mean- ALL!! The only people that tend to visit the site are Wailers given that it is the only site they are 100% guaranteed to find succour for their misery. It has NO credibility and that it evident in the fact that no brand advertises on their site.

They are publishing this to sacrifice thecable as a scapegoat so people wouldn't look their way- they (breakingtimes) also independently published the story.

Breakingtimes and Savinggracereporters and thetrentonline are the most useless newsites on the planet- but thebreakingtimes is by far the worst.

3 Likes

Re: The Cable Newspaper Misleads Nigerians With False Report On Saraki Trial by Nobody: 7:32pm On Sep 21, 2015
omenka:
Don't be deceived. Thebreakingtimes is the worst news site there is on planet earth. They lie the reckless abandon and all the articles they publish are anti Buhari/APC. I mean- ALL!! The only people that tend to visit the site are Wailers given that it is the only site they are 100% guaranteed to find succour for their misery. It has NO credibility and that it evident in the fact that no brand advertises on their site.

They are publishing this to sacrifice thecable as a scapegoat so people wouldn't look their way- they (breakingtimes) also independently published the story.

Breakingtimes and Savinggracereporters and thetrentonline are the most useless newsites on the planet- but thebreakingtimes is by far the worst.
I believe you. Was only ridiculing thecable smiley

I remember when this same breakingtimes was spreading silly propaganda on Aisha's wristwatch and Buhari's Assets.

(1) (Reply)

Ambode Appoints New Chairman Of The Lagos State Internal Revenue Service (LIRS) / Photos - British Prime Minister, David Cameron Allegedly Had Sex With A Dead Pig / Abati: I Was A Different Person Under Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.